|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diabetes state choas may equate to?
2. What is the name of the O'Shawn poem being reviewed?
3. Who comes into the play claiming to be the author of the audience?
4. What tropical island does Gauguin head off for after a fight?
5. Why is one of Vincent's patients suing him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the essay "But Soft...Real Soft" begin and what are some arguments regarding Shakespeare that it mentions?
2. What poem is being critiqued and what does the author say about the poet's works?
3. Who is Claire Memling and what is Vincent Van Gogh's relationship with her?
4. What is Weinstein's character like and what are some of his recollections?
5. What is Weinstein's relationship and interaction with Harriet like?
6. How is Mr. Walker initially thought to have died and what truth about his death does the Inspector find?
7. What is Vincent Van Gogh's profession in this story and how does he feel about it?
8. What is Three Deuces and who are some people that frequent it?
9. What are some theories regarding Anne Hathaway that are presented in "But Soft...Real Soft"?
10. What are two types of creatures touched on in this section and how are they described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please explain how the idea of love is presented in "A Guide to Some of The Lesser Ballets." Please compare and contrast how love is presented in these ballets to how love is typically presented in ballets.
Essay Topic 2
What is a symbol? Please define symbolism as used in literature and provide at least two examples of symbolism that can be found in "Without Feathers"--be sure to explain what the symbolism is about and who/what is involved in the symbolism.
Essay Topic 3
Please define characterization and how it is conveyed by the author. What two types of characterization were studied in class? Please provide two examples, using quotes or samples directly from the text, of characterization in this book (the book may be used as a resource in answering this question).
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)