|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mr. Freem wearing when he was killed?
2. What type of vermin is the weal?
3. What does Hepatitis note as not having an end?
4. What is the apparent cause of Mr. Walker's death?
5. What question regarding Shakespeare's works does "But Soft...Real Soft" attempt to address?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Vincent Van Gogh's profession in this story and how does he feel about it?
2. What is Weinstein's character like and what are some of his recollections?
3. How was Clifford Wheel killed? How was the killer discovered?
4. What importance does the critic put on the names mentioned in O'Shawn's poem and what does the critic try to do each time he sees a name?
5. What role does Al Capone play in Flo's life?
6. How does the essay "But Soft...Real Soft" begin and what are some arguments regarding Shakespeare that it mentions?
7. How is Mr. Walker initially thought to have died and what truth about his death does the Inspector find?
8. What subject matter is covered in "Fabulous Tales and Mythical Beasts"?
9. What is Three Deuces and who are some people that frequent it?
10. What poem is being critiqued and what does the author say about the poet's works?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a symbol? Please define symbolism as used in literature and provide at least two examples of symbolism that can be found in "Without Feathers"--be sure to explain what the symbolism is about and who/what is involved in the symbolism.
Essay Topic 2
Please define protagonist and antagonist. Provide three examples of each that can be found in "Without Feathers" and list the specific reasons why they are the antagonist or the protagonist.
Essay Topic 3
Please define the role of tone in a literary work. How is tone conveyed in literature? Please provide three examples from the book of tone.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)