|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the singer who desperately wants to sing at Three Deuces?
2. Which nation does the phrase humble pie originate from?
3. What political/social ideal did Weinstein contemplate adopting?
4. Where does Leonard Handleman work?
5. How are Bob and Wendy Fate dressed as in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who suggests that there be no ending to the play and how does Hepatitis respond?
2. What are two types of creatures touched on in this section and how are they described?
3. How does the essay "But Soft...Real Soft" begin and what are some arguments regarding Shakespeare that it mentions?
4. What is Three Deuces and who are some people that frequent it?
5. What is Vincent Van Gogh's profession in this story and how does he feel about it?
6. What roll does Kermit Kroll play in "The Bizarre Kidnapping"?
7. What are some theories regarding Anne Hathaway that are presented in "But Soft...Real Soft"?
8. How did the phrase "humble pie" originate?
9. What is Weinstein's relationship and interaction with Harriet like?
10. What role does Al Capone play in Flo's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define comedy and comedic literature. Please provide two examples of the different types of comedy touched on in class and two examples of comedic literature found in "Without Feathers."
Essay Topic 2
Please define what setting is in a story and what makes it up. Why is setting an important piece to a story? Please provide three examples of setting found in "Without Feathers."
Essay Topic 3
In which section of "Without Feathers" does Woody Allen discuss spiritualist/parapsychologist discourse? What does the Allen seem to be stating about the afterlife and spirits/ghosts? Please provide at least two example to support your statement of Allen's opinion on the afterlife and ghosts/spirits.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)