|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many eyes is a flying snoll rumored to have?
2. Which of his doctor's does O'Shawn appear to mention in his poem?
3. Who does Emperor Ho Sin see when he looks in the mirror.
4. Why does Diabetes insist that the play must have an ending?
5. What is Weinstein contemplating as he lies on his bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the strange interpretations the critic pulls from O'Shawn's work?
2. What are some theories regarding Anne Hathaway that are presented in "But Soft...Real Soft"?
3. Who suggests that there be no ending to the play and how does Hepatitis respond?
4. What is the solution of the "The Stolen Gem" case?
5. How does the critic seem to speak about O'Shawn and his work? What does the critic add to O'Shawn's work?
6. How was Clifford Wheel killed? How was the killer discovered?
7. Who is Claire Memling and what is Vincent Van Gogh's relationship with her?
8. What idea does Trichinosis bring to the play?
9. What is Weinstein's character like and what are some of his recollections?
10. How does the essay "But Soft...Real Soft" begin and what are some arguments regarding Shakespeare that it mentions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Briefly define absurdist fiction and it's history. How does absurdist fiction differ from fiction? Give two examples of absurdist fiction in "Without Feathers"?
Essay Topic 2
Please define parapsychology. List at least three criticisms/controversies that are associated with this field of study. Please explain what Woody Allen's opinion of parapsychology seems to be based on "Examining Psychic Phenomena" and provide three examples from this section that allude to parapsychology.
Essay Topic 3
Please describe the structure of a plot and what a plot does. Define climax and anticlimax and provide an example of each from the book.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)