|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the suicide note give for Mr. Walker taking his own life?
2. What type of vermin is the weal?
3. What news does Weinstein break to his ex-wife?
4. What woman is named as intimidating Weinstein with her accomplishments?
5. Which of the following authors are not mentioned in the essay "But soft...Real Soft"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the essay "But Soft...Real Soft" begin and what are some arguments regarding Shakespeare that it mentions?
2. Who suggests that there be no ending to the play and how does Hepatitis respond?
3. What role does Al Capone play in Flo's life?
4. What is Vincent Van Gogh's profession in this story and how does he feel about it?
5. What are some of the strange interpretations the critic pulls from O'Shawn's work?
6. What subject matter is covered in "Fabulous Tales and Mythical Beasts"?
7. How did the phrase "humble pie" originate?
8. What is Three Deuces and who are some people that frequent it?
9. What are some theories regarding Anne Hathaway that are presented in "But Soft...Real Soft"?
10. What is Weinstein's character like and what are some of his recollections?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please define parapsychology. List at least three criticisms/controversies that are associated with this field of study. Please explain what Woody Allen's opinion of parapsychology seems to be based on "Examining Psychic Phenomena" and provide three examples from this section that allude to parapsychology.
Essay Topic 2
Please explain how the idea of love is presented in "A Guide to Some of The Lesser Ballets." Please compare and contrast how love is presented in these ballets to how love is typically presented in ballets.
Essay Topic 3
Please describe the structure of a plot and what a plot does. Define climax and anticlimax and provide an example of each from the book.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)