|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Berte do when she hears that Henrick has left for Oslo?
2. Why does Sigmund go to secretarial school?
3. What is the name of Mrs. Sanstad's son?
4. What secret does Netta reveal about Dorf?
5. What request does Job make of God toward the end of his story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does God help a small business owner and what is the response of the other business owners?
2. What happens to the doctor in the alley and what does he tell Kleinman?
3. How does God "test" job and why?
4. What do "On Seeing a Tree in Summer" and "On Tripping Through a Copse Picking Violets" seem to cover or determine?
5. How do the oppressors and oppressed behave?
6. How does Flossie try to blackmail Word?
7. Who is Kaiser Lupowitz?
8. What are some examples of what the ghost of Mr. Dubbs's brother says and does to his family?
9. Who is Albert Sykes and what is his psychic phenomenon?
10. What does the reader derive about ghosts or spirits by reading "Examining Psychic Phenomena"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In which section of "Without Feathers" does Woody Allen discuss spiritualist/parapsychologist discourse? What does the Allen seem to be stating about the afterlife and spirits/ghosts? Please provide at least two example to support your statement of Allen's opinion on the afterlife and ghosts/spirits.
Essay Topic 2
Briefly define absurdist fiction and it's history. How does absurdist fiction differ from fiction? Give two examples of absurdist fiction in "Without Feathers"?
Essay Topic 3
The character of God is involved in a number of Woody Allen's selections or short stories in "Without Feathers." What are three examples of references to God in "Without Feathers" and what does Allen seem to be saying about the character of God and his interaction/relationship with human beings?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)