|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Allen state about money and happiness?
2. Why is Woody plagued with doubts about God?
3. What does Mr. Dubbs's brother warn his still-living siblings about?
4. What is Word Babcock's line of work?
5. What is the name of the old battle-ax vigilante Kleinman has?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the title of this book come from and what does the title seem to mean?
2. Who is Albert Sykes and what is his psychic phenomenon?
3. Who does the narrator compare Allen's play to and what excuse does the narrator give for there being no later plays?
4. In which essay does Allen touch on love and what does he say about is?
5. What does Kaiser find when he arrives at Hunter College Book Store?
6. What does the reader derive about ghosts or spirits by reading "Examining Psychic Phenomena"?
7. What does Kleinman learn about the killer as he speaks to him? What does Kleinman suggest to the killer?
8. In "The Sacrifice" how does Man offend Nature? What must be done to appease Nature?
9. What does the shepherd find in the caves and what do experts think of this discovery?
10. What happens to Woody's and W.'s relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please define protagonist and antagonist. Provide three examples of each that can be found in "Without Feathers" and list the specific reasons why they are the antagonist or the protagonist.
Essay Topic 2
Please explain how the idea of love is presented in "A Guide to Some of The Lesser Ballets." Please compare and contrast how love is presented in these ballets to how love is typically presented in ballets.
Essay Topic 3
Please analyze the killer from "Death (A Play)." What does the author tell reader directly about the killer? What does the reader infer about the killer from his actions, speech, and interactions with Kleinman? In the end, what does the killer represent?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)