|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the merchant's t-shirts when he adds the animal to them as God suggested?
2. What does the ghost of Mr. Dubbs's brother do to Mrs. Dubbs?
3. What is it that Dorf is trying to get from his brother?
4. What does the doctor want to do to the strangler?
5. Why does the narrator believe there are no later plays by Allen?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Sacrifice" how does Man offend Nature? What must be done to appease Nature?
2. What happens to Klavar Akdal in "I Prefer to Yodel"?
3. How does Flossie try to blackmail Word?
4. How do the oppressors and oppressed behave?
5. What is the third and final method civil disobedience the author describes and how is it described?
6. Who is Albert Sykes and what is his psychic phenomenon?
7. What advice does Allen offer in "On Frugality"?
8. Who is Kaiser Lupowitz?
9. What does Kleinman learn about the killer as he speaks to him? What does Kleinman suggest to the killer?
10. How does God help a small business owner and what is the response of the other business owners?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please describe the structure of a plot and what a plot does. Define climax and anticlimax and provide an example of each from the book.
Essay Topic 2
The character of God is involved in a number of Woody Allen's selections or short stories in "Without Feathers." What are three examples of references to God in "Without Feathers" and what does Allen seem to be saying about the character of God and his interaction/relationship with human beings?
Essay Topic 3
Briefly define absurdist fiction and it's history. How does absurdist fiction differ from fiction? Give two examples of absurdist fiction in "Without Feathers"?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)