|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does God suggest the merchant put on his t-shirts?
2. What type of love is being discussed in "On Love"?
3. What did Woody's father wear to his first play?
4. What are the characters in "The Sacrifice" ?
5. What are the pests on a quest for in "The Predators"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Natasha in the ballet "Dmitri"?
2. How does God "test" job and why?
3. What advice does Allen offer in "On Frugality"?
4. Who is Dr. Osgood Mulford Twelge and what does he do?
5. Who are Netta and Dorf and what do they represent?
6. What is Sigmund's relationship with Justine and Yvette?
7. What is the angry mob doing at Kleinman's door? What does Kleinman think of the mob's request?
8. In which essay does Allen touch on love and what does he say about is?
9. Who does the narrator compare Allen's play to and what excuse does the narrator give for there being no later plays?
10. What are some of the worries or anxieties that Woody shares in the opening section of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define comedy and comedic literature. Please provide two examples of the different types of comedy touched on in class and two examples of comedic literature found in "Without Feathers."
Essay Topic 2
Please define pulp fiction and whodunit writing styles that we have learned about and provide a brief history of these types of writing. Provide an example of each that can be found in "Without Feathers."
Essay Topic 3
Please describe the structure of a plot and what a plot does. Define climax and anticlimax and provide an example of each from the book.
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)