|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During a sit down strike, what position should probably be avoided as it is not as effective?
2. What does the ghost of Mr. Dubbs's brother do to Mrs. Dubbs?
3. What secret does Kaiser find out about Flossie?
4. According to Allen, why is a sit-down strike effective?
5. Which of the following does Woody not say is necessary for true love?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lovborg and his women? Who are his women supposed to symbolize?
2. What happens to Natasha in the ballet "Dmitri"?
3. How do the oppressors and oppressed behave?
4. In which essay does Allen touch on love and what does he say about is?
5. What does the reader derive about ghosts or spirits by reading "Examining Psychic Phenomena"?
6. What are some of the worries or anxieties that Woody shares in the opening section of the book?
7. What is Anna and what does she discuss with Kleinman?
8. What is the angry mob doing at Kleinman's door? What does Kleinman think of the mob's request?
9. What happens to Woody's and W.'s relationship?
10. How does Flossie try to blackmail Word?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please define the role of tone in a literary work. How is tone conveyed in literature? Please provide three examples from the book of tone.
Essay Topic 2
Please describe the structure of a plot and what a plot does. Define climax and anticlimax and provide an example of each from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Please define parody as a literary category. What are three examples of parody found in "Without Feathers" and what are they parodying?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)