|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Dorf is trying to get from his brother?
(a) A large bag of tools.
(b) His family's chocolate chip cookie recipe.
(c) A treasure map.
(d) His father's hereditary disease.
2. Why does the narrator believe there are no later plays by Allen?
(a) Because Allen's first plays were just pure luck.
(b) Because no one wanted to read them so he stopped.
(c) Because he began writing movies.
(d) Because Allen ran out of observations.
3. Which of the following words best describes the god shown in The Scrolls?
4. Who is Mrs. Sanstand supposedly a representation of?
(a) Mother nature.
(b) Womens Rights.
(c) Lovborg's mother.
(d) The King of England.
5. What does the ghost of Mr. Dubbs's brother do to Mrs. Dubbs?
(a) Sings a song to her at her birthday party.
(b) Comes to her in dreams.
(c) Tries to murder her.
(d) Levitates her over the dinner table for twenty minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does God make a bet with regarding Job's faithfulness to God?
2. What form does Von Epps take before he abducts Yvette?
3. Who is the narrator in the section "Early Essays"?
4. What did Woody's father wear to his first play?
5. What wrestling hold does Job get God into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader derive about ghosts or spirits by reading "Examining Psychic Phenomena"?
2. What are some of the worries or anxieties that Woody shares in the opening section of the book?
3. How does God help a small business owner and what is the response of the other business owners?
4. What does the author state about a hunger strike?
5. What is Sigmund's relationship with Justine and Yvette?
6. What happens to the doctor in the alley and what does he tell Kleinman?
7. Where does the title of this book come from and what does the title seem to mean?
8. How does God "test" job and why?
9. How does Kaiser discover where the call girl service is based?
10. In which essay does Allen touch on love and what does he say about is?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)