|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator in the section "Early Essays"?
(a) It is an unnamed narrator.
(b) It is Allen's best childhood friend.
(c) It is a literary critic.
(d) It is Allen himself.
2. Which of the following words best describes the god shown in The Scrolls?
3. What is the name of the old battle-ax vigilante Kleinman has?
(b) Black Knight.
(c) The Hammer.
4. Who is the only individual that knows the entire plan to catch the strangler?
5. What role does Flossie play in this story?
(a) She is Word's wife.
(b) She is the madam of the call-girl service.
(c) She is a professor at a nearby university.
(d) She is a police woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Gina charge Kleinman for kissing her?
2. What does Woody think that the thing with the feathers is?
3. What is one way the oppressors can end a hunger strike according to Allen?
4. What can the reader learn from this section about people who are dead and come back as ghosts?
5. What does the doctor want to do to the strangler?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some examples of what the ghost of Mr. Dubbs's brother says and does to his family?
2. What does the author state about a hunger strike?
3. What happens to Woody's and W.'s relationship?
4. How does God "test" job and why?
5. What is the angry mob doing at Kleinman's door? What does Kleinman think of the mob's request?
6. Who is Kaiser Lupowitz?
7. What is Anna and what does she discuss with Kleinman?
8. What does Kaiser find when he arrives at Hunter College Book Store?
9. Who are Netta and Dorf and what do they represent?
10. How does Flossie try to blackmail Word?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)