|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the killer give for murdering all those people?
(a) He believes that he is God.
(b) None, reasons are for the sane.
(c) He is murdering everyone who was ever mean to him.
(d) He was mistreated as a child.
2. What does Woody's brother use to beat him over the head?
(a) A pig bladder.
(b) A small child.
(c) A dinosaur bone.
(d) A rubber chicken.
3. What does Allen state about money and happiness?
(a) Money is utterly unnecessary.
(b) Better to be rich then happy.
(c) It does not matter if you are poor if you have your health.
(d) Money is preferable to being poor, even though you cannot buy happiness.
4. What did Woody's father wear to his first play?
(a) A gas mask.
(b) Angel wings.
(c) Nothing at all.
(d) A toga.
5. Which insect does one of the women in "The Predators" fall in love with?
(a) A common housefly.
(b) A daddy long legs spider.
(c) A dragonfly.
(d) A dung beetle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only individual that knows the entire plan to catch the strangler?
2. What question does a dead husband ask his living wife during a seance?
3. What does Berte do when she hears that Henrick has left for Oslo?
4. What weapon does the killer use to murder Kleinman?
5. As a reward for catching the blackmailer, what does Kaiser do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the worries or anxieties that Woody shares in the opening section of the book?
2. What is Sigmund's relationship with Justine and Yvette?
3. What does the author state about a hunger strike?
4. Who is Dr. Osgood Mulford Twelge and what does he do?
5. What happens to Klavar Akdal in "I Prefer to Yodel"?
6. What do "On Seeing a Tree in Summer" and "On Tripping Through a Copse Picking Violets" seem to cover or determine?
7. Who is Kaiser Lupowitz?
8. What happens to the doctor in the alley and what does he tell Kleinman?
9. What is the story of the young woman and the housefly in "The Predators"?
10. How does Kaiser discover where the call girl service is based?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)