|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Toulouse-Lautrec be a good dentist?
(a) He is left handed.
(b) Because he has narcolepsy.
(c) Because of his size.
(d) He is blind.
2. Why has Blanch DuBois escaped her play?
(a) She was ready for some new material.
(b) She did not mean to escape her play.
(c) She needs a play where God exists.
(d) She really wanted to meet Hepatitis.
3. What news does Weinstein break to his ex-wife?
(a) His is moving to New Mexico.
(b) He cannot make his alimony payment.
(c) He still loves her.
(d) He is dying.
4. Who does Emperor Ho Sin see when he looks in the mirror.
(a) The magician in the mirror.
(b) His twin brother.
(c) A plumber.
5. Who does Flo help win the title "The Greek"?
6. What type of gem is stolen in "The Stolen Gem"?
7. What does the author of Slang Origins use to discover the origin of certain slang expression?
(a) Merriam-Webster's Dictionary.
(b) His own common sense and friends' opinions.
(c) Research of historical almanacs.
(d) A credible authority.
8. Who comes into the play claiming to be the author of the audience?
(a) Marcus Strauss.
(b) Lorenzo Miller.
(c) Hugo Weaving.
(d) Mark Twain.
9. What subject is Doris Levine majoring in at school?
(b) Physical Education.
10. After reading the ransom note and speaking to Kermit, what conclusion does Inspector Ford come to?
(a) Kermit was in on the kidnapping.
(b) The kidnappers were Russian.
(c) It was just a practical joke.
(d) Two neighbors kiddnapped Kermit because they hate the Krolls.
11. What is Doris polling the audience to find out?
(a) Whether or not they like Woody Allen.
(b) How they would like the play to end.
(c) Who would be willing to have sex with her.
(d) If they think that peace can ever truly be attained on earth.
12. Which president of the United States does Flo dance on the same stage with?
13. In what context does the critic state O'Shawn's poems should be read?
(a) The context of history.
(b) The context of social unrest.
(c) The context of unbridled fear.
(d) The context of O'Shawn's life.
14. Who is the author of Alice in Wonderland?
15. From what time period did the phrase "spiffy" presumably originate?
(c) Stone Age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following authors are not mentioned in the essay "But soft...Real Soft"?
2. Who is suspected of being the gem thief?
3. What was it that the Minister of Justice died while attempting to eat?
4. What political/social ideal did Weinstein contemplate adopting?
5. Who is Clifford Wheel's murderer?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)