|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wrestling hold does Job get God into?
(a) A headlock.
(b) A claw hold.
(c) A chinlock.
(d) An anaconda vice.
2. What does the ghost of Mr. Dubbs's brother do to Mrs. Dubbs?
(a) Tries to murder her.
(b) Comes to her in dreams.
(c) Sings a song to her at her birthday party.
(d) Levitates her over the dinner table for twenty minutes.
3. What happens after Kleinman is killed?
(a) The main groups splits off into many different groups.
(b) Gina becomes the new leader of the group.
(c) The killer reveals himself as the doctor.
(d) Kleinman goes home.
4. What does Kaiser find the girls studying when he arrives at Flossie's call-girl center of operations?
(a) They are reading the Wall Street Journal and other prestigious periodicals.
(b) They are reading the Encyclopedia Brittanica.
(c) They are studying Penguin classics.
(d) They are watching PBS.
5. What word is repeated in the scrolls that is possible evidence that they are forgeries?
(b) Britney Spears.
(c) Rotor tiller.
6. What is Kaiser's role in this story?
(a) He is just a guy off the street.
(b) He is a man seeking revenge on Flossie.
(c) He is a private detective hired to help Word with a blackmailer.
(d) He is a Word's older half-brother.
7. How do the elders decide to sacrifice the young woman?
(a) They are going to throw her off a cliff into the ocean.
(b) They force her to drink poison.
(c) They are going to sacrifice her to a dragon.
(d) They force her to dance herself to death.
8. How does Sigmund kill himself?
(a) He jumps out of a plane without a parachute.
(b) By swallowing a barbell.
(c) Running head first into a brick wall.
(d) He does not kill himself.
9. What secret does Kaiser find out about Flossie?
(a) That she has aspirations of writing her own book one day.
(b) That she is a genious.
(c) That she is really a he.
(d) That she cannot even read.
10. What year does Dr. Twelge claim was a popular year for spirits to leave their bodies and go to India?
11. Who is the only group member left at the door by the time vigilant Kleinman is ready to go?
12. According to Allen, why is a sit-down strike effective?
(a) Because no one is at work.
(b) Because people are making an obstacle of themselves.
(c) Because the lawmakers hate seeing crowds of sitters.
(d) Because all the seats are now taken.
13. What curse is put on Yvette in "The Spell"?
(a) She is cursed to be half woman, half swan.
(b) She will be twelve years old forever.
(c) She can never bear children.
(d) She is cursed to turn into a wolf at night.
14. What is it that Dorf is trying to get from his brother?
(a) A treasure map.
(b) A large bag of tools.
(c) His family's chocolate chip cookie recipe.
(d) His father's hereditary disease.
15. Why does Word use Flossie's call-girl service?
(a) Because he is a lonely bachelor who just wants company.
(b) He does not care about the literature; he is in love with one of the call-girls.
(c) For intellectual stimulation that his wife can't provide.
(d) He is trying to brush up on his literary knowledge for a game show.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the doctor's last dying request of Kleinman?
2. As a reward for catching the blackmailer, what does Kaiser do?
3. What did Woody's father wear to his first play?
4. What does the parrot become in one of Woody's story ideas?
5. Why does Abraham believe that the command to sacrifice his son has come from God?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)