|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sigmund go to secretarial school?
(a) To earn his law degree.
(b) To learn shorthand.
(c) To impress Justine.
(d) Because it was prophesied.
2. Where does the title of this collection of stories come from?
(a) A quote by Emily Dickinson.
(b) An old Charles Dickens novel.
(c) Lyrics of a Beatles song.
(d) A thought in Woody's head.
3. What is the main purpose of a hunger strike?
(a) To shame the oppressors through willful starvation.
(b) To physically harm those who are oppressing.
(c) To gain the support of millions in other countries.
(d) To be a physical obstacle to the oppressors.
4. What happens after Kleinman is killed?
(a) The main groups splits off into many different groups.
(b) Gina becomes the new leader of the group.
(c) Kleinman goes home.
(d) The killer reveals himself as the doctor.
5. What news of Hacker does Gina reveal to Kleinman?
(a) He has left town because he is afraid of the strangler.
(b) That he has been murdered.
(c) He fell in a hole.
(d) That he is the killer.
6. What letter does Woody know his girlfriend by?
7. What are the pests on a quest for in "The Predators"?
(a) Making a new web.
(b) A buttered roll.
(c) A new ant hill.
(d) Storing up nuts for the winter.
8. What reason does the killer give for murdering all those people?
(a) He was mistreated as a child.
(b) He believes that he is God.
(c) None, reasons are for the sane.
(d) He is murdering everyone who was ever mean to him.
9. How does Sigmund kill himself?
(a) He does not kill himself.
(b) Running head first into a brick wall.
(c) By swallowing a barbell.
(d) He jumps out of a plane without a parachute.
10. What happens to Von Epps when he crashes Sigmund's wedding?
(a) He gets killed.
(b) He turns all the flowers into bunnies.
(c) No one even notices that he is there.
(d) He runs off with the bride.
11. What does Mr. Dubbs's brother warn his still-living siblings about?
(a) He warns that a dark blue suit and argyle socks were a bad idea.
(b) He warns them against listening to the weather man.
(c) He warns them not to look a gift horse in the mouth.
(d) He warns that a storm is coming and they won't be in Kansas anymore.
12. Why does Word use Flossie's call-girl service?
(a) He does not care about the literature; he is in love with one of the call-girls.
(b) For intellectual stimulation that his wife can't provide.
(c) Because he is a lonely bachelor who just wants company.
(d) He is trying to brush up on his literary knowledge for a game show.
13. What wrestling hold does Job get God into?
(a) A headlock.
(b) A chinlock.
(c) A claw hold.
(d) An anaconda vice.
14. What does Woody think that the thing with the feathers is?
(a) A large bird.
(b) His nephew.
(c) Emily Dickinson.
15. What question does a dead husband ask his living wife during a seance?
(a) If she ever really loved him.
(b) Why she had not remarried.
(c) How long chicken needs to broil.
(d) Where the remote control was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is at the end of The Scrolls?
2. What does Kaiser find the girls studying when he arrives at Flossie's call-girl center of operations?
3. What is the doctor's last dying request of Kleinman?
4. What can the reader learn from this section about people who are dead and come back as ghosts?
5. How much money is Flossie blackmailing Word for?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)