|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following things has Albert Sykes's spirit left his body to go off and do on its own?
(d) All are correct.
2. What does the doctor want to do to the strangler?
(a) Put him in jail for life.
(b) Throw him off a very tall building.
(c) Give him a taste of this own medicine.
(d) Dissect him down to the last chromosome.
3. What does Hedvig offer to do at the end of "I Prefer to Yodel"?
(a) She offers to sing a yodel.
(b) She offers to wash everyones shorts.
(c) She offers to make Thanksgiving dinner.
(d) She offers to mow the lawn.
4. What is the doctor's last dying request of Kleinman?
(a) He asks Kleinman to remove the knife from his back.
(b) He asks Kleinman not fail the group.
(c) He asks Kleinman to give a note to his mother.
(d) He makes Kleinman promise to tell no one that he is dead.
5. What happens to the merchant's t-shirts when he adds the animal to them as God suggested?
(a) They are hugely successful.
(b) They look like costumes.
(c) No one buys them at all.
(d) They are bought only by women under the age of 36.
6. What year does Dr. Twelge claim was a popular year for spirits to leave their bodies and go to India?
7. What happened to the oppressed post revolution?
(a) They became the oppressors.
(b) They were free and happy.
(c) Their rights were protected.
(d) The began a utopia.
8. What are the pests on a quest for in "The Predators"?
(a) Making a new web.
(b) A buttered roll.
(c) A new ant hill.
(d) Storing up nuts for the winter.
9. What does the narrator claim that Dorf and Netta symbolize?
(a) Right and wrong.
(b) Old and new Europe respectively.
(c) The relationship of a man and his dog.
(d) True love.
10. What is Kleinman doing when the group of men come to call him to their vigilante hunt?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Watching television.
11. What weapon does Flossie pull on Kaiser?
(a) A crossbow.
(b) A gun.
(c) A large dagger.
12. What type of civil disobedience is Allen describing?
(a) Religiously based.
(d) Gender based.
13. What has Henrick taken with him to Oslo?
(a) His mistress.
(b) A dog named Sally.
(c) His geranium.
14. Who is the narrator in the section "Early Essays"?
(a) It is Allen himself.
(b) It is an unnamed narrator.
(c) It is Allen's best childhood friend.
(d) It is a literary critic.
15. Who is Hans Spiro?
(a) The town mayor.
(b) Kleinman's father-in-law.
(c) The chief of police.
(d) A famed clairvoyant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does God suggest the merchant put on his t-shirts?
2. What reason does the killer give for murdering all those people?
3. Who helped catch the Dusseldorf Strangler?
4. How much money is Flossie blackmailing Word for?
5. What is the name of Dr. Osgood Mulford Twelge's soon to be released book?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)