|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the parrot become in one of Woody's story ideas?
(a) A large fighting robot.
(b) The secretary of agriculture.
(c) The Statue of Liberty.
(d) An eagle.
2. What material does Woody end up burning?
(a) His bed.
(b) Every copy of Readers' Digest in his house.
(c) His high school diploma.
(d) All his plays and poetry.
3. What is Kaiser's role in this story?
(a) He is just a guy off the street.
(b) He is a man seeking revenge on Flossie.
(c) He is a Word's older half-brother.
(d) He is a private detective hired to help Word with a blackmailer.
4. Whose works are Woody Allen's compared to?
(b) Paul McCartney.
5. What reason does the killer give for murdering all those people?
(a) None, reasons are for the sane.
(b) He is murdering everyone who was ever mean to him.
(c) He believes that he is God.
(d) He was mistreated as a child.
6. What happens to the merchant's t-shirts when he adds the animal to them as God suggested?
(a) No one buys them at all.
(b) They are hugely successful.
(c) They look like costumes.
(d) They are bought only by women under the age of 36.
7. What is it that the oppressors want to maintain?
(a) Their financial security.
(b) Their political powers.
(c) The status quo.
(d) Their rights.
8. How much does Gina charge Kleinman for kissing her?
9. What is at the end of The Scrolls?
(a) A story about Queen Elizabeth.
(b) The history of God's people.
(c) Laws and Proverbs.
(d) A church schedule.
10. What does Berte do when she hears that Henrick has left for Oslo?
(a) She kills herself.
(b) She marries Jean Claude.
(c) She retreats to Paris to suffer.
(d) She follows him.
11. What animal does God suggest the merchant put on his t-shirts?
12. What type of civil disobedience is Allen describing?
(b) Gender based.
(d) Religiously based.
13. Where are the essays at the beginning of the story supposed to be coming from?
(a) A outline for a comedy show.
(b) A book by Woody's favorite author.
(c) An online blog.
(d) Woody's secret journal.
14. What has Henrick taken with him to Oslo?
(b) His mistress.
(c) A dog named Sally.
(d) His geranium.
15. What happens to Natasha at the end of the ballet "Dmitri"?
(a) She moves to Moscow.
(b) She learns she will never dance again.
(c) She falls in love with Leonid.
(d) She fractures her skull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Dr. Twelge claim was a popular year for spirits to leave their bodies and go to India?
2. What curse is put on Yvette in "The Spell"?
3. Which of the following is considered a highly visible type of protest according to Allen?
4. What happens to Von Epps when he crashes Sigmund's wedding?
5. What form does Von Epps take before he abducts Yvette?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)