|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Allen, why is a sit-down strike effective?
(a) Because the lawmakers hate seeing crowds of sitters.
(b) Because all the seats are now taken.
(c) Because no one is at work.
(d) Because people are making an obstacle of themselves.
2. What are the characters in "The Sacrifice" ?
(a) Personified seasons and elements.
(b) People in the future.
3. What question does a dead husband ask his living wife during a seance?
(a) Why she had not remarried.
(b) Where the remote control was.
(c) How long chicken needs to broil.
(d) If she ever really loved him.
4. Who is the narrator in the section "Early Essays"?
(a) It is an unnamed narrator.
(b) It is a literary critic.
(c) It is Allen's best childhood friend.
(d) It is Allen himself.
5. How much money is Flossie blackmailing Word for?
6. What news of Hacker does Gina reveal to Kleinman?
(a) That he is the killer.
(b) That he has been murdered.
(c) He has left town because he is afraid of the strangler.
(d) He fell in a hole.
7. What is Allen considering in "On Seeing a Tree in Summer"?
(a) Which trees are better than others.
(b) The beauty of the deciduous forest.
(c) The motivations and characteristics of a tree.
(d) The best time of year to plant trees.
8. How long had Mr. Dubbs's brother been dead when he saw his ghost?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 14 years.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) 6 months.
9. Who is Hans Spiro?
(a) The chief of police.
(b) The town mayor.
(c) Kleinman's father-in-law.
(d) A famed clairvoyant.
10. What does the doctor want to do to the strangler?
(a) Put him in jail for life.
(b) Dissect him down to the last chromosome.
(c) Give him a taste of this own medicine.
(d) Throw him off a very tall building.
11. What happens after Kleinman is killed?
(a) The main groups splits off into many different groups.
(b) The killer reveals himself as the doctor.
(c) Kleinman goes home.
(d) Gina becomes the new leader of the group.
12. What animal does God suggest the merchant put on his t-shirts?
13. In the end, what does God do just before Abraham is about to sacrifice Issac?
(a) God takes Issac away in a cloud of fire.
(b) God strikes Abraham down.
(c) He tells Abraham to kill Issac good and dead.
(d) He tells Abraham is was just a joke.
14. In which essay does Allen consider the appropriateness of behaviors based on one's stage of life?
(a) On Love.
(b) On The Thoughts of a Teenager.
(c) On Frugality.
(d) On Youth and Age.
15. What word is repeated in the scrolls that is possible evidence that they are forgeries?
(a) Rotor tiller.
(b) Britney Spears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the essays at the beginning of the story supposed to be coming from?
2. Who is the only group member left at the door by the time vigilant Kleinman is ready to go?
3. Why does the narrator believe there are no later plays by Allen?
4. What type of civil disobedience involves shouting slogans and signs?
5. What year does Dr. Twelge claim was a popular year for spirits to leave their bodies and go to India?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)