|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator believe there are no later plays by Allen?
(a) Because Allen's first plays were just pure luck.
(b) Because Allen ran out of observations.
(c) Because he began writing movies.
(d) Because no one wanted to read them so he stopped.
2. What word is repeated in the scrolls that is possible evidence that they are forgeries?
(a) Rotor tiller.
(d) Britney Spears.
3. According to the narrator what have Jorgen Lovborg's plays brought about?
(a) A safer means of weighing herring.
(b) The true depiction of comedy.
(c) A good example of a strong male character.
(d) A sense of hope for all Scandinavian playwrights.
4. Where does Sir Arthur Nurney end up after his teleportation while in the bath?
(a) Seattle, WA.
(b) In her Royal Higness's bed chambers.
(c) The Chrysler Building.
(d) The Vienna Symphony Orchestra.
5. Who is Mrs. Sanstand supposedly a representation of?
(a) Lovborg's mother.
(b) The King of England.
(c) Mother nature.
(d) Womens Rights.
6. What does Berte do when she hears that Henrick has left for Oslo?
(a) She follows him.
(b) She retreats to Paris to suffer.
(c) She marries Jean Claude.
(d) She kills herself.
7. Which of the following does Woody not say is necessary for true love?
(b) Adherence to the same religious beliefs.
(c) A modest quantity of raw physical strength.
(d) General proximity.
8. What does Allen state about money and happiness?
(a) Better to be rich then happy.
(b) Money is utterly unnecessary.
(c) It does not matter if you are poor if you have your health.
(d) Money is preferable to being poor, even though you cannot buy happiness.
9. How much money is Flossie blackmailing Word for?
10. What is the front for Flossie's call girls service?
(a) The University Street Deli.
(b) Hamilton College Womens' Club.
(c) The State Universitys Student Union Building.
(d) Hunter College Book Store.
11. Whose works are Woody Allen's compared to?
(b) Paul McCartney.
12. Who was Aristonidis?
(a) A well-known photographer.
(b) The man who invented the seance.
(c) A 16th century count.
(d) Dr. Twelge's cat.
13. What can the reader learn from this section about people who are dead and come back as ghosts?
(a) They are sent back as punishment.
(b) They are just people who happen to be dead.
(c) They are wicked and vengeful creatures.
(d) They are extremely enlightened and have come back to share deep wisdom.
14. Who is the only individual that knows the entire plan to catch the strangler?
15. Which of the following does God do to test Job's faithfulness to him?
(a) Has Job arrested for tax fraud.
(b) Smacks Mrs. Job in the head with a polo mallet.
(c) Eats all Job's favorite ice cream.
(d) He does not talk to Job for a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the characters in "The Sacrifice" ?
2. What is the main purpose of a hunger strike?
3. What material does Woody end up burning?
4. What does Mr. Dubbs's brother warn his still-living siblings about?
5. Who does Woody's girlfriend run away with?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)