|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dave suggest that his boss do?
2. How can you protect yourself from a psychopath's flattery?
3. What reaction from professionals often frustrates spouses of psychopaths?
4. When is the best period for changing the behavior or psychopaths?
5. How is psychological denial a disadvantage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is a bilateral brain, with each side having separate spheres of influence, more efficient?
2. What is a hypothetical, and why is it dangerous in arriving at a diagnosis of psychopathy?
3. What characteristics distinguish psychopathic use of non-verbal communication?
4. Why does the author think it important to know about the eyes of a psychopath?
5. What benefits came from public exposure to the man who claimed to be a Berkeley Ph.D. in psychology and was discovered by a local reporter to have faked his resume when he ran for the school board?
6. Why are the victims of psychopaths so reluctant to believe evidence of their wrongdoing?
7. Why does Kiki Olson say that the inclusion of more women in the workforce has opened new pathways for psychopaths?
8. What does the Psychopathy checklist provide to clinicians that they are lacking?
9. Why is it important to identify psychopathy in childhood?
10. What distinguishes the lying of psychopaths from that of other liars?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you feel better prepared as a person for any encounters you may have with psychopathy in your own life after reading this book? In your essay, tell why or why not.
Essay Topic 2
Dr. Pinel described psychopathy as "insanity without delirium," and psychopaths as "morally insane." Do you think there is a distinction between moral insanity and other kinds? Can a case be made that psychopaths are actually psychologically damaged in such a way that they should not be held accountable for their actions? In your essay, take a position for or against this contention and support your position with material from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining the difficulty with each of the diagnostic methods for identifying psychopathy.
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)