|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe the psychopath's typical lifestyle?
2. What was Ted Bundy's opinion of guilt?
3. Why do socio-biologists claim that the number of psychopaths must be increasing?
4. What physician who murdered his family was portrayed in the movie Fatal Vision?
5. Upon what two abilities does conscience depend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What distinguishes psychopaths from the mentally ill?
2. How has the term "psychopath" contributed to confusion about its meaning?
3. What experience has convinced the author that the public needs to understand psychopathy?
4. In what key ways does a psychopath differ from normal criminals?
5. How was Jeffrey able to override any suspicions Elyse should have had about him?
6. How do psychopaths come to be involved in crime?
7. How do psychopaths typically speak of the harm they have caused to others?
8. Why doesn't the psychopath's need for change and excitement make him a good candidate for dangerous jobs?
9. How did psychopaths fare as fighter pilots during World War II?
10. Why has the author decided that it's important to write about the technical topic of psychopathy at a level that the public can understand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining which characteristics of psychopaths make them ideal for working as imposters. Cite examples from the text or others you may know.
Essay Topic 2
Clearly, the author has an interest in promoting his Psychopathy checklist for use by mental health professionals and clinicians. But this book was not written for the scientific audience. Write an essay explaining what purpose you think the author had in presenting the results of his research to the lay public. Back up your thesis with information from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Write a descriptive essay detailing the characteristics of an ideal victim for a psychopath to use and manipulate. Would such a person be rich or poor? Single or married? Include as many details as you can, and support them with information from the text.
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)