|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Flies in the Web, pg 144-154.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are nurturing women ideal prey for psychopaths?
(a) They will take a lot of abuse if they think they can help.
(b) They believe they are invincible.
(c) They are ignorant.
(d) They are good cooks.
2. How does Ronald Markman account for the public fascination with remorseless psychopaths?
(a) We have something of them in us and we want to know what it is.
(b) We envy them.
(c) We feel sorry for them.
(d) We admire them.
3. What effect did Jeffrey have on Elyse's future relationships with men?
(a) She was on guard.
(b) She was promiscuous.
(c) She felt unworthy of a wholesome relationship.
(d) She was angry and hostile.
4. How do psychopaths often react to perceived insults?
(a) With faked forgiveness.
(b) With long-term planned revenge.
(c) With extreme but short-lived outbursts.
(d) With rigid self-control.
5. How do law enforcement officials make use of psychopaths' lack of loyalty?
(a) They will make mistakes.
(b) They can be "turned" to help the state.
(c) They will work as double agents.
(d) They will turn in their friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the victims of psychopaths often have trouble convincing others?
2. What did Ted Bundy claim was responsible for his murders?
3. Which part of the brain is more emotional and processes events simultaneously?
4. How did Grambling, himself, describe his profession?
5. How did a psychopathic thief believe that his victims were better off?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)