|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Flies in the Web, pg 144-154.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hervey Cleckley see as the main difference between psychopaths who are not incarcerated and those who are?
(a) A more engaging line of talk.
(b) A better physical appearance.
(c) A better education.
(d) A more consistent appearance of normality.
2. How many psychopaths are estimated to be in North America?
(a) Two million.
(b) Two hundred thousand.
(c) One hundred thousand.
(d) One million.
3. What do clinicians who prefer the term "sociopath" believe?
(a) Psychopathy is caused by life experiences.
(b) Psychopathy is inborn.
(c) Society is responsible for creating psychopaths.
(d) Psychopathy is a mental illness.
4. How do psychopaths tend to feel about the future?
(a) They live in an imagined future.
(b) They plan constantly.
(c) They give it little thought.
(d) They look forward to better days.
5. How did Kenneth Bianchi convince some clinicians that he was not one of the Hillside Stranglers?
(a) He claimed multiple personalities.
(b) He proved it was his cousin, Angelo Buono.
(c) He demonstrated a firm alibi.
(d) He turned in his friend Steve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dave suggest that his boss do?
2. For what does Robert Lindner claim psychopaths strive?
3. What is a "desperado junkie"?
4. Why does William March say that good people are rarely suspicious?
5. What psychopath does the author claim commanded a nation?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)