|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Crime: The Logical Choice, 83-101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jack Abbott reject the word "remorse" in his case?
(a) His victim was better off.
(b) Remorse is unhealthy.
(c) Remorse implies that you did something wrong.
(d) Remorse is a waste of time.
2. What need is sometimes satisfied for the psychopath by taking drugs?
(a) The need for belonging.
(b) The need for excitement.
(c) The need to forget.
(d) The need for relaxation.
3. What percentage of prison inmates are psychopathic?
4. How did Kenneth Bianchi convince some clinicians that he was not one of the Hillside Stranglers?
(a) He demonstrated a firm alibi.
(b) He turned in his friend Steve.
(c) He proved it was his cousin, Angelo Buono.
(d) He claimed multiple personalities.
5. What effect did Jeffrey have on Elyse's future relationships with men?
(a) She felt unworthy of a wholesome relationship.
(b) She was angry and hostile.
(c) She was on guard.
(d) She was promiscuous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the verdict in the case of Edward Gein?
2. What population makes up two-thirds of the victims of psychopathic criminals?
3. What have laboratory experiments using biomedical recorders shown about psychopaths?
4. What is the author's objective in writing this book?
5. How do the criminal activities of psychopaths compare with those of other criminals?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)