|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Internal Controls: The Missing Peice, pg 71-82.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most common effect of psychopaths on their victims?
(a) Guilt and regret.
(b) Confusion, disappointment and despair.
(c) Ecstasy followed by sorrow.
(d) Hatred and isolation.
2. How did Kenneth Bianchi convince some clinicians that he was not one of the Hillside Stranglers?
(a) He claimed multiple personalities.
(b) He proved it was his cousin, Angelo Buono.
(c) He demonstrated a firm alibi.
(d) He turned in his friend Steve.
3. Why do concrete rewards override negative future consequences in the psychopath's mind?
(a) Future consequences are distant.
(b) Future consequences may not come to pass.
(c) Future consequences are vague.
(d) Future consequences are unimportant.
4. How did Clifford Olson become rich?
(a) He married a rich woman and murdered her.
(b) He created a Ponzi scheme and bilked investors.
(c) Authorities paid him to show the burial places of his victims.
(d) He embezzled from the firm where he worked.
5. Why do socio-biologists claim that the number of psychopaths must be increasing?
(a) Psychopaths make other people psychopathic.
(b) Psychopaths are being more accurately diagnosed.
(c) Psychopaths produce large numbers of children.
(d) Social problems that lead to psychopathy are increasing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impression do astute observers sometimes get about psychopaths?
2. What does the author advise readers not to do with his book?
3. How does the author feel about films that allow identification with psychopaths?
4. What phrase did Alice's parents use to describe her behavior as a child?
5. What form of mental illness has about the same prevalence in North America as psychopathy?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)