|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Focusing the Picture, pg 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it important for parole boards to understand psychopathy?
(a) All psychopaths will lie at parole hearings.
(b) Most criminals are psychopathic.
(c) Psychopathy is a strong predictor of recidivism.
(d) Psychopaths will eventually kill someone.
2. How did Clifford Olson become rich?
(a) Authorities paid him to show the burial places of his victims.
(b) He married a rich woman and murdered her.
(c) He created a Ponzi scheme and bilked investors.
(d) He embezzled from the firm where he worked.
3. What did Philippe Pinel call psychopathy?
(a) Insanity without delirium.
(b) Diabolical evil.
(c) Moral insanity.
4. What was incongruous about the red button in the psychologist's office in British Columbia Penitentiary?
(a) It was designed to simulate a real call button.
(b) You could push it, but it indicated weakness on your part.
(c) You could push it in an emergency, but it did not work.
(d) You could push it in an emergency but not expect help.
5. What psychopath does the author claim commanded a nation?
(a) Idi Amin.
(d) Pol Pot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many psychopaths are estimated to be in North America?
2. How is antisocial personality disorder diagnosed?
3. How did Ray trap the author by showing him a knife?
4. What is the author's objective in writing this book?
5. What was the first thing the author noticed about Ray when he met him?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)