|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Focusing the Picture, pg 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are psychopathic killers sometimes judged sane?
(a) They are unusually intelligent.
(b) They suffer from mental illness.
(c) They are not deranged.
(d) They fool the authorities.
2. What does Hervey Cleckley say the psychopath is incapable of understanding?
(a) Personal values.
(b) Other people's behavior.
(c) Mental illness.
(d) Society's rules.
3. How did Clifford Olson become rich?
(a) He embezzled from the firm where he worked.
(b) Authorities paid him to show the burial places of his victims.
(c) He created a Ponzi scheme and bilked investors.
(d) He married a rich woman and murdered her.
4. What psychopath does the author claim commanded a nation?
(a) Idi Amin.
(b) Pol Pot.
5. What was the verdict in the case of Ted Bundy?
(a) He was found to be marginally accountable.
(b) He was found to be psychotic.
(c) He was found to be psychopathic.
(d) He was found to be legally sane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term is often inappropriately applied to psychopaths?
2. How many psychopaths are estimated to be in North America?
3. What form of mental illness has about the same prevalence in North America as psychopathy?
4. What is the difficulty in using empathy, egocentricity, or guilt as determinants in a diagnosis?
5. What prerequisite for love does a psychopath lack?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)