Short Essay Answer Key
1. Why did Sledge fail his class at the Officers Training Program?
Sledge failed his officers training program because he wanted to get sent into combat before the fighting ended.
2. How many of the men in Sledges class failed the Officers Training Program?
Half the class failed with Sledge.
3. Why does Sledge's boot camp instructor make his team march on the sand?
Marching on the sand is more challenging and more realistic to what they will be facing in combat.
4. What is Doherty's main focus while training Sledge and his classmates in boot camp?
Doherty focuses on discipline under stress at boot camp training.
5. Why is Sledge so excited to join combat?
Sledge is excited because he sees combat as his calling.
6. What does Sledge do on Christmas Eve while in boot camp?
He becomes a real marine by graduating his...
This section contains 1,583 words|
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)