|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, End of the Agony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sledge not ashamed of his fear before the assault on Peleliu?
(a) He is strong enough to not shed tears.
(b) He knows he will fight bravely even though he is afraid.
(c) He sees that all the other men with him feel the same way.
(d) He was told to use his fear to empower him.
2. Why is Mac's behavior at the front lines on Okinawa so unexpected?
(a) He promised to attack the Japanese line with a knife and a pistol.
(b) He has always been very quiet and meek.
(c) He mocked other men who would wound themselves.
(d) He swore to stay level headed.
3. What does Sledge witness before he heads out to battle at the beginning of chapter 12?
(a) A priest giving communion.
(b) A marine kissing a family picture.
(c) His commanding officer weeping.
(d) A group of soldires praying.
4. Where is Sledge sent after three days on Peleliu?
(a) Home to America.
(b) Ngesebus Island.
5. How do Sledge's commanding officers expect the Japanese to fight at Peleliu?
(a) Air raids and beach defense.
(b) Line defensive with trench support.
(c) Banzai charges and air assault.
(d) All-out beach defense followed by banzai charges.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the company's opinion of Captain Haldane?
2. How did Kathy get his nickname?
3. What is Sledge's main job while he is deployed at Bloody Nose Ridge?
4. What was the date of the atomic detonation at Hiroshima?
5. What is the name of Sledge's platoon at Okinawa?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)