|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Of Shock and Shells.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Ka Bar?
(d) Large knife.
2. What is the superstition that many Marines have about the third campaign?
(a) You will never retire from the military after three combat campaigns.
(b) The third time will drive you insane.
(c) No one survives three campaigns of combat.
(d) You are so experienced by the third campaign that you are unstoppable.
3. Where did Sledge attend boot camp?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) San Diego.
(c) San Albana.
(d) San Marino.
4. What is Sledge's duty on the 50th day of combat at Okinawa?
(a) Statistics recorder.
(b) Medical assistant.
(c) Stretcher bearer.
(d) Trench digger.
5. What is different about the clay in Okinawa from the clay in Peleliu?
(a) It is more suitable for digging trenches.
(b) It holds more moisture.
(c) It is much harder to dig trenches.
(d) It has a soothing scent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are there mountains of bodies and feces?
2. How did Sledge feel about his time at Camp Elliot?
3. What does Rupertus predict at Peleliu?
4. What did Sledge's instructors promise that they would need to know to do?
5. What does Sledge read in a letter from home after a hard day of combat in Okinawa?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)