|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Of Shock and Shells.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sledge see another Marine do to a wounded Japanese man with his Ka Bar?
(a) Slit his throat for fun.
(b) Urinate on his wounds.
(c) Extract his gold teeth while he is still alive.
(d) Take his family picture and cut it up.
2. What do the men in Sledge's company debate about their work at Peleliu?
(a) If they were fighting for the right cause.
(b) If it was enough.
(c) If it was necessary.
(d) If it was done in the right way.
3. What state was sledge born in?
4. What is different about the fear that Sledge feels while he is in combat in Okinawa?
(a) He knows what to expect.
(b) He feels very strong animosity toward his enemies.
(c) He knows he will survive.
(d) He is numb to all emotions.
5. What was Sledge's job in the Marines?
(a) Training Instructor.
(b) General Infantry.
(c) Head Gunner.
(d) Assistant Gunner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like on the day of the assault on Peleliu?
2. What did Sledge's instructors promise that they would need to know to do?
3. What was the gruesome souvenir that one of Sledge's comrades was forced to discard?
4. What happens to Caswell as he attends to a wounded soldier while shipping away from Peleliu?
5. What was the name of Sledge's older brother?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)