|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Brave Men Lost.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rupertus predict at Peleliu?
(a) A moderate length of intense battle.
(b) Intense fighting for a moment followed by a long string of lower intensity assaults.
(c) A long and drawn out battle.
(d) A rapid victory.
2. Why are there mountains of bodies and feces?
(a) The terrain is too rough to bury them.
(b) It is a form of defense.
(c) They want to bring the bodies home if possible.
(d) There is not time between the fighting.
3. What was the company's opinion of Captain Haldane?
(a) They adored him.
(b) They hated him.
(c) They were afraid of him.
(d) They needed him.
4. What is Sledge's reaction to the first Japanese casualties he sees?
(a) He finds mercy in his heart.
(b) He is sickened.
(c) He feels hatred.
(d) He is numb to any emotion.
5. What was the gruesome souvenir that one of Sledge's comrades was forced to discard?
(a) A severed Japanese hand.
(b) A Japanese flag.
(c) A Japanese tongue.
(d) A piece of Japanese flesh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war is this book set in?
2. What does Sledge do at every stop along the way as they advance along the airfield on Peleliu?
3. How many men of the original 235 from Sledge's company left Peleliu unhurt?
4. What is Sledge trained in when he is off duty?
5. What causes Sledge momentary mental confusion as he is fighting outside of the pillbox?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)