|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Brave Men Lost.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "million dollar wound"?
(a) A wound caused in a Japanese sniper.
(b) A wound that gets you out of the combat zone without being killed.
(c) A fatal wound.
(d) A wound that is not bad enough to stop their fighting.
2. Where is Sledge transferred to after Boot Camp?
(a) Camp Pendleton.
(b) Camp Elliot.
(c) Camp Williams.
(d) Camp David.
3. What chore at camp does Sledge hate the most?
(a) Kitchen patrol.
(b) Detailing the latrine.
(c) Killing vermin.
(d) Hauling away rotting coconuts.
4. What happens to Caswell as he attends to a wounded soldier while shipping away from Peleliu?
(a) He gets sick from seeing so much gore.
(b) He falls ill from loss of blood.
(c) He gets a knife wound to the face.
(d) He runs out of the supplies he needs.
5. What was the name of the ship that Sledge and his company took after they completed their training?
(a) President Lincoln.
(b) President Johnson.
(c) President Washington.
(d) President Polk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men of the original 235 from Sledge's company left Peleliu unhurt?
2. How do Sledge's commanding officers expect the Japanese to fight at Peleliu?
3. What is Shelton's nick-name?
4. What are Sledge and his company trained in while at the first destination?
5. Where was Sledge stationed?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)