|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Preparation for Combat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Sledge make sure he was able to fight?
(a) He failed Officer Training School.
(b) He passed all his marksmen tests.
(c) He lied about his age.
(d) He convinced a nurse to not record his medical issue.
2. What is meant by "snapping in"?
(a) Holding an aim.
(b) Precision in marching.
(c) Dry firing.
(d) Multiple shots at a single target.
3. What was the name of the ship that Sledge and his company took after they completed their training?
(a) President Polk.
(b) President Lincoln.
(c) President Washington.
(d) President Johnson.
4. What was the main focus of training for Sledge's instructor while at boot camp?
(a) Discipline under stress.
(b) Strength and Agility.
5. Why was the ship so poorly accommodated for the troops?
(a) They had more men than the ship was intended for.
(b) It was more efficient to not include every luxury for the troops.
(c) It was only a very short distance.
(d) It was not meant for troop transport.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were most of Sledge's classmates transferred to after Boot Camp?
2. Where did Sledge attend boot camp?
3. What is Sledge trained in when he is off duty?
4. What did the new Marines do to the veterans?
5. What is a Ka Bar?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)