|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a month of preparation, the Grand Army met the rebels where, though the Grand Army was ill-trained and the Union suffered a humiliating defeat?
(a) Bull Run.
2. Lincoln demoted McDowell in favor of who to take command of the Army of the Potomac?
(a) Joseph E. Johnston.
(b) Winfield Scott.
(c) George B. McClellan.
(d) John Garland.
3. Lincoln invited who to stay with them at the White House?
(a) Sally Lincoln and Abraham's siblings.
(b) Emilie Helm and her three children.
(c) Benjamin Hardin Helm and Emilie Helm.
(d) Robert Lincoln.
4. How was Meade like his predecessors?
(a) He was not very intelligent.
(b) He was ill-prepared.
(c) He was fearful.
(d) He did not pursue Lee's army to an unconditional surrender, but allowed them to escape.
5. By what was Mary haunted?
(a) Images of dead Thomas.
(b) Images of dead Willie.
(c) Images of dead Lincoln.
(d) Images of dead Eddie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would relieve Lincoln's depression and allow him to escape for a little while?
2. General Winfield Scott was _________ to take the field.
3. McClellan still refused to attack the rebels head-on. Why?
4. Why did Lincoln refuse to make any compromises about slavery?
5. The Confederates sent an army into the state, which enraged _________________ and pushed them into the Union.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lincoln's generals.
2. How did Lincoln get slavery outlawed in all federal territories?
3. What did Lincoln do with the Fugitive Slave Law? What were the effects of this?
4. How did Lincoln go about changing who was in charge of the Potomac Army?
5. Who did Lincoln invite to stay with him and Mary at the White House? What was this person's reaction to staying with the Lincoln's?
6. What ended Lincoln's 10% plan? How was he affected by this and other actions by members of the Republican Party?
7. What led to antiwar protests?
8. What happened to Willie? How did this affect the Lincolns?
9. Describe Lincoln's vision. What was Mary's interpretation of this vision?
10. Who was Lincoln desperately trying to keep in the Union? What was the outcome of this?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)