|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lincoln needed to do what as a war tactic?
(a) Use POWs as soldiers.
(b) Reinstate the draft.
(c) Free slaves everywhere.
(d) Convince southerners to join the Union Army.
2. When McClellan finally ordered his army into the enemy camp at Manassas, what did he find?
(a) The camp abandoned and that the cannons he thought the rebels had were just logs.
(b) A well-stocked and well-trained Confederate Army.
(c) The camp abandoned and a great deal of weaponry.
(d) A Union regiment.
3. Who were refuges for Lincoln?
(a) Lincoln's boys Willie and Tad.
(b) Lincoln's cabinet members.
(c) His close friends.
(d) His wife and son, Robert.
4. Lincoln decided to combine the forces of McDowell, Fremont, and Banks into one Army of ___________, with General John Pope as the Commander.
(a) The Union.
(c) The Potomac.
5. Who was Fredrick Douglass?
(a) An army general.
(b) An influential black abolitionist leader.
(c) An inventor.
(d) A member of Lincoln's cabinet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of ____________, most Democrats were now against Lincoln.
2. In the Senate, John J. Crittenden proposed the Crittenden Plan which suggested what?
3. Who was Lincoln's first cabinet appointment?
4. Stonewall Jackson's force blew through Fremont's lines in Shenandoah Valley, though Lincoln had done what?
5. Vicksburg surrendered to Grant who Lincoln admired for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lincoln handle McClellan's inactivity?
2. What was the Crittenden Plan?
3. Describe Lincoln's initial cabinet members.
4. How did Lincoln go about changing who was in charge of the Potomac Army?
5. Who did Lincoln invite to stay with him and Mary at the White House? What was this person's reaction to staying with the Lincoln's?
6. Describe Lincoln's vision. What was Mary's interpretation of this vision?
7. What ended Lincoln's 10% plan? How was he affected by this and other actions by members of the Republican Party?
8. Describe the events at the National Soldier's Cemetery at Gettysburg.
9. How did Lincoln get slavery outlawed in all federal territories?
10. What happened when McClellan finally ordered his army into the enemy camp at Manassas?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)