|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After moving to Springfield, how did Lincoln feel?
(a) He was lonely.
(b) He was worried.
(c) He was excited.
(d) He was bored.
2. Describe Thomas Lincoln.
(a) Stern and unemotional.
(b) Withdrawn and melancholy.
(c) Convivial and hard-working.
(d) Immature and irresponsible.
3. How did Robert Lincoln feel when his father was away on political trips?
(a) He was happy.
(b) He missed him.
(c) He worried about him.
(d) He was bored.
4. When did Lincoln's son, Eddie, die?
(a) February 1, 1850.
(b) May 1, 1850.
(c) March 1, 1850.
(d) April 1, 1850.
5. Lincoln ran his Senatorial campaign against Douglas for what reason?
(a) For personal gain.
(b) For Mary.
(c) For his father.
(d) On principle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lincoln and Mary resolved to be friends, and even wrote what together?
2. Lincoln was interested in patent cases and participated in the Supreme Court of Illinois, winning most of his _______ cases there.
3. Insecurities with whom would plague him for many years?
4. Colonel Robert E. Lee was sent into the fray to put the rebellion down, and the incident was branded by Southerners as what?
5. For what case did Lincoln become famous?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lincoln's first job? How might this have affected his opinion on slavery?
2. What were the consequences of Lincoln's "House Divided" speech?
3. Describe Mary Todd.
4. What were the effects of Douglas' "don't care" attitude?
5. Describe Lincoln's early education.
6. Describe Robert Lincoln.
7. Why did Lincoln become known as a railroad lawyer?
8. What were the results when Lincoln and Douglas put themselves forth as Presidential candidates?
9. With what is Lincoln concerned? How does he feel this issue should be handled?
10. Describe the political environment at this time. What did this mean for the Whigs?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)