|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Robert Lincoln feel when his father was away on political trips?
(a) He was bored.
(b) He was happy.
(c) He worried about him.
(d) He missed him.
2. After moving to Springfield, how did Lincoln feel?
(a) He was excited.
(b) He was worried.
(c) He was lonely.
(d) He was bored.
3. In October 1859, a band of Northern abolitionists tried to capture ____________, a town in Virginia, and start a rebellion.
(d) Harpers Ferry.
4. In 1858, Lincoln gave what famous speech at the Republican convention?
(a) A House United.
(b) A House Divided.
(c) A Home for All.
(d) Our House.
5. Was Lincoln advocating war?
(a) Most likely.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Lincolns move to central Illinois?
2. Why did Lincoln write to Mary Owens to release her from their engagement?
3. Lincoln took a break from politics to focus on what?
4. When did Lincoln's son, Eddie, die?
5. Lincoln was a member of what political party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lincoln's early education.
2. What was Lincoln's first job? How might this have affected his opinion on slavery?
3. Who were Abraham Lincoln's parents?
4. With what deaths do the Lincolns have to deal?
5. How was Lincoln unique as a lawyer?
6. Describe Mary Todd.
7. How does "Sally" come to be a part of the Lincoln family?
8. What did free-soilers think about the Kansas-Nebraska Bill? Why?
9. What were the results when Lincoln and Douglas put themselves forth as Presidential candidates?
10. What was the Dred Scott decision?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)