|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Lincoln's son, Eddie, die?
(a) March 1, 1850.
(b) May 1, 1850.
(c) February 1, 1850.
(d) April 1, 1850.
2. How did Robert Lincoln feel when his father was away on political trips?
(a) He was bored.
(b) He missed him.
(c) He worried about him.
(d) He was happy.
3. Why did Lincoln believe Douglas allied with Southern leaders?
(a) To please the people.
(b) To gain his own ends.
(c) To protect the Union.
(d) To help the leaders.
4. Where were the Lincolns married?
(a) Lincoln's home.
(b) St. Paul's Cathedral.
(c) Edwards mansion.
(d) The Courthouse.
5. Sixteen-year-old Abraham grew estranged from his farmer father. Why?
(a) His father did not understand his son's desire for education.
(b) His father wanted him to be educated.
(c) His father was cruel and unfeeling.
(d) His father did not understand his son's desire to be President.
6. On what topic did Lincoln agree with Henry Clay?
(a) Negroes were not subhuman, and should have Constitutional rights.
(b) The North and South should be separated.
(c) The Missouri Compromise is a good idea.
(d) Slavery should be decided by individuals.
7. For what case did Lincoln become famous?
(a) Missouri v. CoBank.
(b) Upjohn Company v. Arizona DOR.
(c) The Goldman tax case.
(d) The McLean County tax case.
8. After inauguration, the President passed what, declaring the Declaration a white man's document, and that Congress had no right to prohibit slavery in any of the territories?
(a) The Dred Scott Decision.
(b) The Kansas-Nebraska Bill.
(c) The Missouri Compromise.
(d) The Emancipation Proclamation.
9. During his candidacy, Lincoln was encouraged to write an autobiography for what reason?
(a) So others would like him.
(b) So Americans would vote for him.
(c) So the voters could learn more about him.
(d) So he could become famous.
10. Was Lincoln advocating war?
(c) Most likely.
11. When the Kansas-Nebraska Bill was passed, it left the status of slavery up to who?
(a) The Governors.
(c) The people who settled in the territory.
(d) The President.
12. Though Buchanan sent men to use patronage in Lincoln's favor, Lincoln was wary of accepting favors from anyone. Why?
(a) He does not trust anyone.
(b) He is very independent.
(c) He did not want to have to return favors.
(d) He wanted to remain honest.
13. When did the Lincolns move to central Illinois?
(a) March 1830.
(b) March 1828.
(c) March 1831.
(d) March 1829.
14. When was Lincoln born?
(a) February 12, 1806.
(b) February 12, 1808.
(c) February 12, 1807.
(d) February 12, 1809.
15. How did Lincoln feel about this scandal?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did many free-soilers feel about the Kansas-Nebraska Bill?
2. What had been made practically obsolete by this bill?
3. Lincoln and Mary secretly became engaged, and set November 4th as their wedding date. When did they tell her family?
4. Lincoln wanted to run for a senate seat, but he could not. Why not?
5. Describe Thomas Lincoln.
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)