|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Eleven: Moody, Tearful Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what topic did Lincoln agree with Henry Clay?
(a) Negroes were not subhuman, and should have Constitutional rights.
(b) The Missouri Compromise is a good idea.
(c) The North and South should be separated.
(d) Slavery should be decided by individuals.
2. Lincoln demoted McDowell in favor of who to take command of the Army of the Potomac?
(a) George B. McClellan.
(b) Winfield Scott.
(c) Joseph E. Johnston.
(d) John Garland.
3. While Grant settled in to siege Petersburg, Lincoln accepted Chase's resignation as Secretary of Treasury and appointed the position to who?
(a) William Dennison.
(b) William Fessenden.
(c) Edward Bates.
(d) Montgomery Blair.
4. What did neighbors think about the Lincoln children?
(a) They were well-behaved.
(b) They were honest.
(c) They were ill-behaved.
(d) They were kind.
5. Though Buchanan sent men to use patronage in Lincoln's favor, Lincoln was wary of accepting favors from anyone. Why?
(a) He did not want to have to return favors.
(b) He wanted to remain honest.
(c) He is very independent.
(d) He does not trust anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Douglas tried to put himself forth as the Democratic Presidential candidate, but he completely alienated Southern Democrats with what?
2. What plot was uncovered in Baltimore?
3. The Presidential campaign of 1856 elected who?
4. Lincoln focused on _____________ Illinois, because this part of the state would be the deciding factor.
5. Reconstruction in Louisiana was _____________.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)