|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Eleven: Moody, Tearful Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lincoln appointed Salmon Chase as what?
(a) Postmaster General.
(b) Secretary of the Interior.
(c) Secretary of the Navy.
(d) Treasury Secretary.
2. McClellan then clashed with General Lee over Richmond, but forgot to do what?
(a) Follow the strategy given to him by Lincoln.
(b) Take anyone hostage.
(c) Bring enough supplies.
(d) Secure the city.
3. Why did Lincoln not drink alcohol?
(a) He was very religious.
(b) It threatened his self-control.
(c) He did not like the taste of it.
(d) He could not afford it.
4. Lincoln was the only lawyer who did what?
(a) Rode the entire court circuit for both sessions.
(b) Became President.
(c) Owned his own law firm.
(d) Got involved in politics.
5. Sixteen-year-old Abraham grew estranged from his farmer father. Why?
(a) His father wanted him to be educated.
(b) His father did not understand his son's desire to be President.
(c) His father did not understand his son's desire for education.
(d) His father was cruel and unfeeling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lincoln invited who to stay with them at the White House?
2. While Lincoln was visiting this city, he ventured into what building?
3. Lincoln wanted to be elected for a second term, though he had a strange feeling. What was this feeling?
4. During his candidacy, Lincoln was encouraged to write an autobiography for what reason?
5. The War Department began mobilizing black regiments, agreeing that black and white outfits would do what?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)