|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Eleven: Moody, Tearful Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vicksburg surrendered to Grant who Lincoln admired for what reason?
(a) He never refused orders or lost his objectives.
(b) He was very intelligent.
(c) He was brave.
(d) He was always victorious.
2. Where had a civil war begun?
3. Lincoln decided to combine the forces of McDowell, Fremont, and Banks into one Army of ___________, with General John Pope as the Commander.
(a) The Potomac.
(d) The Union.
4. Lincoln preached what?
(b) Impassioned demonstrations rather than reason and calculated solutions.
(c) Reason and calculated solutions rather than impassioned demonstrations.
5. How was Meade like his predecessors?
(a) He was fearful.
(b) He did not pursue Lee's army to an unconditional surrender, but allowed them to escape.
(c) He was ill-prepared.
(d) He was not very intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lincoln left by train to go to Washington, making stops along the way for speeches and appearances, including a stop in New York to meet who?
2. The Missouri Compromise was a line dividing the North and South, above which slavery was __________.
3. On January 1st, 1863, as Commander in Chief of the army and navy, Lincoln would do what?
4. Who was Lincoln's idol?
5. McClellan then clashed with General Lee over Richmond, but forgot to do what?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)