|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Eleven: Moody, Tearful Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lincoln write to Mary Owens to release her from their engagement?
(a) He no longer wanted to get married.
(b) He was poor, did not feel he could provide for her, and did not think she would want to live in poverty while he tried to make something of himself.
(c) He knew she did not want to marry him.
(d) He no longer loved her.
2. When did Lincoln's son, Eddie, die?
(a) April 1, 1850.
(b) March 1, 1850.
(c) February 1, 1850.
(d) May 1, 1850.
3. Douglas adopted what strategy?
(a) The "care" strategy.
(b) The "you don't care" strategy.
(c) The "I care" strategy.
(d) The "don't care" strategy.
4. What did neighbors think about the Lincoln children?
(a) They were well-behaved.
(b) They were ill-behaved.
(c) They were kind.
(d) They were honest.
5. When Lincoln moved to New Salem, for what did he become known?
(a) His quiet demeanor.
(b) His tall hat.
(c) His height and beard.
(d) His physical strength and honesty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lincoln ran his Senatorial campaign against Douglas for what reason?
2. The Presidential campaign of 1856 elected who?
3. What did this bill state?
4. Why did Lincoln grow his Quaker beard?
5. Lincoln declared a blockade of the Southern coast, and was trying desperately to keep the border states in the Union, including what states?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)