|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Ten: Mighty Scourge of War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accusations surrounded Mary?
(a) That she was secretly a Southern sympathizer.
(b) That she was spoiled and unkind.
(c) That she was in love with another man.
(d) That she was not American.
2. Virginia officially seceded on April 17, and the Confederacy declared ____________ its capital.
3. Lincoln was intimidated by Mary's _______________.
(a) Family lineage.
(d) Strong personality.
4. What would relieve Lincoln's depression and allow him to escape for a little while?
(a) Writing poetry.
(b) The opera and theater.
(c) Going for long walks.
(d) Drawing and painting.
5. Where were the Lincolns married?
(a) The Courthouse.
(b) Lincoln's home.
(c) St. Paul's Cathedral.
(d) Edwards mansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lincoln's rivals were Stephen A. Douglas, known as ____________, and the young Democrats.
2. Lincoln was the only lawyer who did what?
3. Jude Early led a rebel force from Harper's Ferry to seize what city?
4. Upon reports that Grant was drinking again, Lincoln did what?
5. After inauguration, the President passed what, declaring the Declaration a white man's document, and that Congress had no right to prohibit slavery in any of the territories?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)