|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Ten: Mighty Scourge of War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The public was clamoring for a battle to take place, so Lincoln called Generals Scott and McDowell to discuss what?
(a) Summer offensives.
(b) Spring offensives.
(c) Fall offensives.
(d) Winter offensives.
2. What bill did Stephen A. Douglas create?
(a) The Kansas Bill.
(b) The Kansas-Nebraska Bill.
(c) The Missouri Bill.
(d) The Nebraska Bill.
3. The Senate wanted to make what a war objective?
(a) Having a strong federal government.
(b) Making the Union stronger.
(c) Reconciling the Union.
(d) Annihilation of slavery.
4. Where was Lincoln born?
(a) In a log cabin in Missouri.
(b) In a log cabin in Illinois.
(c) In a log cabin in Indiana.
(d) In a log cabin in Kentucky.
5. Lee invaded Maryland, and Lincoln had no choice but to set McClellan and the Army of the Potomac to dispel the attack. What did he decide it meant if McClellan won?
(a) The Union would be victorious.
(b) He would never surrender.
(c) It was time to end the war.
(d) It was God telling Lincoln to move emancipation forward.
Short Answer Questions
1. He entered into a law practice with John Todd Stuart, and won his first court case. What type of case was this?
2. Why did Lincoln refuse to make any compromises about slavery?
3. Stonewall Jackson's force blew through Fremont's lines in Shenandoah Valley, though Lincoln had done what?
4. What would relieve Lincoln's depression and allow him to escape for a little while?
5. How was Meade like his predecessors?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)