|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Revolt Against the Fathers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the Lincolns married?
(a) The Courthouse.
(b) Lincoln's home.
(c) St. Paul's Cathedral.
(d) Edwards mansion.
2. Lincoln was the only lawyer who did what?
(a) Got involved in politics.
(b) Owned his own law firm.
(c) Rode the entire court circuit for both sessions.
(d) Became President.
3. Where had a civil war begun?
4. Lincoln and Mary secretly became engaged, and set November 4th as their wedding date. When did they tell her family?
(a) Two days before the wedding.
(b) On the morning of the wedding.
(c) The day after the wedding.
(d) A month after the wedding.
5. Lincoln was interested in patent cases and participated in the Supreme Court of Illinois, winning most of his _______ cases there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Originally was slavery going to be allowed in the West?
2. The Republicans held a convention with Lincoln as the keynote speaker, and he gave an hour-and-a-half long impromptu speech. As what is this speech known?
3. Why did Lincoln write to Mary Owens to release her from their engagement?
4. In November Lincoln and Douglas had their first debate over what, starting a rivalry that would last years?
5. The Presidential campaign of 1856 elected who?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)