|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Revolt Against the Fathers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Thomas Lincoln go back to Kentucky to bring home a new wife, Sarah Bush Johnston, or "Sally?"
(a) His children asked him for a mother.
(b) He fell in love with Sally.
(c) He was lonely.
(d) His household was floundering.
2. Lincoln was a member of what political party?
(a) The Democratic party.
(b) The Green party.
(c) The Whig party.
(d) The Know-Nothing party.
3. Why did Lincoln not drink alcohol?
(a) He did not like the taste of it.
(b) He was very religious.
(c) It threatened his self-control.
(d) He could not afford it.
4. How did Robert Lincoln feel when his father was away on political trips?
(a) He was bored.
(b) He was happy.
(c) He missed him.
(d) He worried about him.
5. Where were the Lincolns married?
(a) Lincoln's home.
(b) The Courthouse.
(c) Edwards mansion.
(d) St. Paul's Cathedral.
Short Answer Questions
1. In October 1839 the Whigs held a convention and endorsed who for President, beginning the so-called Log and Cabin Campaign?
2. To what did James Shields, a state auditor and a Democrat, challenge Lincoln?
3. Lincoln wanted to run for a senate seat, but he could not. Why not?
4. Lincoln preached what?
5. Anti-Nebraska groups began calling themselves what?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)