|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Revolt Against the Fathers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lincoln became known as ___________ lawyer.
(a) A railroad.
(c) The uneducated.
2. Lincoln was intimidated by Mary's _______________.
(b) Family lineage.
(d) Strong personality.
3. In October 1839 the Whigs held a convention and endorsed who for President, beginning the so-called Log and Cabin Campaign?
(a) John Adams.
(b) Benjamin Harrison.
(c) Henry Clay.
(d) William Henry Harrison.
4. Was Lincoln with the free-soilers?
(a) Only at first.
5. Lincoln read voraciously and taught himself mathematics, but his real interest was in what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event perpetuated Lincoln's fatalistic beliefs and preoccupation with death?
2. Lincoln was interested in patent cases and participated in the Supreme Court of Illinois, winning most of his _______ cases there.
3. From what did Nancy Lincoln die?
4. Why did Lincoln write to Mary Owens to release her from their engagement?
5. Why did Lincoln not drink alcohol?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)