|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven: Storm Center.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In October 1839 the Whigs held a convention and endorsed who for President, beginning the so-called Log and Cabin Campaign?
(a) William Henry Harrison.
(b) John Adams.
(c) Henry Clay.
(d) Benjamin Harrison.
2. Lincoln focused on _____________ Illinois, because this part of the state would be the deciding factor.
3. Lincoln reiterated in the debates that the slavery issue was between who?
(a) Lincoln and Douglas.
(b) The people of the western territories.
(c) The North and the South.
(d) The Union and the Declaration of Independence.
4. Lincoln became known as what because of his tough pioneer background and his legal work with the railroad?
(a) The railroad man.
(b) The rail splitter.
(c) The railroad pioneer.
(d) The Midwestern Davy Crockett.
5. What had been made practically obsolete by this bill?
(a) The Missouri Compromise.
(b) The Illinois Bill.
(c) The Fugitive Law.
(d) The Mississippi Compromise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lincoln wanted to run for a senate seat, but he could not. Why not?
2. Lincoln was interested in patent cases and participated in the Supreme Court of Illinois, winning most of his _______ cases there.
3. ______________ declared itself "neutral" in the conflict, with people enlisting in both armies.
4. The Republicans held a convention with Lincoln as the keynote speaker, and he gave an hour-and-a-half long impromptu speech. As what is this speech known?
5. Lincoln was a member of what political party?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)