|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven: Storm Center.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ stayed in the Union.
(a) Massachusetts, and Maryland.
(b) West Vriginia and Illinois.
(c) Maryland and Missouri.
(d) Kentucky and Illinois.
2. Douglas tried to put himself forth as the Democratic Presidential candidate, but he completely alienated Southern Democrats with what?
(a) His rude behavior.
(b) His unintelligent remarks.
(c) His poorly written speeches.
(d) His oscillating stances on slavery.
3. The bill sparked what debates?
4. How did Robert Lincoln feel when his father was away on political trips?
(a) He missed him.
(b) He worried about him.
(c) He was bored.
(d) He was happy.
5. The rest of the troops gradually arrived, with _______________ leading an outfit from New York, though he would be killed in a battle very early on.
(a) Pierre Gustave Toutant Beauregard.
(b) Elmer Ellsworth.
(c) Edward Porter Alexander.
(d) Richard Stoddert Ewell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomas Lincoln died on January 17, 1851. Did Lincoln attend the funeral?
2. Lincoln called for troops from the Union, and there was a riot in ___________ when the Sixth Massachusetts tried to march through.
3. The Senate wanted to make what a war objective?
4. Why did Lincoln believe Douglas allied with Southern leaders?
5. Lincoln declared that the ________________ no longer applied, which caused flocks of slaves to run to the Union border, claiming themselves for the Union as "contraband of war."
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)