|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven: Storm Center.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rest of the troops gradually arrived, with _______________ leading an outfit from New York, though he would be killed in a battle very early on.
(a) Richard Stoddert Ewell.
(b) Pierre Gustave Toutant Beauregard.
(c) Elmer Ellsworth.
(d) Edward Porter Alexander.
2. Why did Lincoln write to Mary Owens to release her from their engagement?
(a) He knew she did not want to marry him.
(b) He was poor, did not feel he could provide for her, and did not think she would want to live in poverty while he tried to make something of himself.
(c) He no longer wanted to get married.
(d) He no longer loved her.
3. Was Lincoln with the free-soilers?
(a) Only at first.
4. What did Lincoln give Mary with the inscription "Love is Eternal?"
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A broach.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A ring.
5. The Republicans held a convention with Lincoln as the keynote speaker, and he gave an hour-and-a-half long impromptu speech. As what is this speech known?
(a) The Lost Speech.
(b) The Best Speech.
(c) The Last Speech.
(d) The Worst Speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a month of preparation, the Grand Army met the rebels where, though the Grand Army was ill-trained and the Union suffered a humiliating defeat?
2. Who won the Senate seat?
3. Lincoln was a member of what political party?
4. The public was clamoring for a battle to take place, so Lincoln called Generals Scott and McDowell to discuss what?
5. ____________ stayed in the Union.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)