|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes into town with reports from the militia?
2. Where does Nat think to take Hannah to keep her safe?
3. What rumor does Nat hear when he returns with the Dolphin to Wethersfield?
4. Who tries to defend Kit in court?
5. How does Kit's trial end?
Essay Topic 1
Please define a static and dynamic character. Provide on example of each type of character from "The Witch of Blackbird Pond," explaining why he or she is static or dynamic.
Essay Topic 2
Liberty is an important aspect of the colonists' lives. Please: 1) Explain why liberty is so highly valued by the colonists, 2) Give some examples of how the colonists see liberty in their daily lives, and 3) Name one major symbol of liberty that the colonists esteem.
Essay Topic 3
Please explain the role that politics play in the story. What are the major political points brought up? Which characters hold strong political views? What views do they hold and why?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)