|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some rowdy sailors put in the windows of the house William is building?
2. It is summer; what little anonymous gift has Kit been receiving?
3. Who comes to visit Kit when she is locked away as a prisoner?
4. What cargo is Nat's ship carrying in Chapter 14?
5. What does the act of hiding the charter mean to the king?
Essay Topic 1
Please explain what the rising action is in a literary novel. Outline the rising action(s) found in "The Witch of Blackbird Pond," and briefly explain what follows the rising action in a novel and what specifically follows the rising action in this story.
Essay Topic 2
Explain what makes a "coming-of-age" story. Does Kit's role in this novel fit the definition? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The role of women in the Colonies involved a lot of work. Please give some examples from the text that show the role of women. Compare and contrast the ways Kit adapts to this and her ability to do the work required to Judith and her ability.
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)