|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nat doing when Kit arrives at Hannah's in Chapter 12?
2. What food item does Rachel give to Kit to take to Hannah?
3. Where does Prudence meet with Kit to learn to read?
4. Who comes into town with reports from the militia?
5. What is the punishment for all of Kit's so-called crimes?
Essay Topic 1
Please explain the process that Kit goes through in adapting to her new life in Wethersfield. Give a general overview of her adjustment to the life there, from her arrival to the final chapter in the novel. What are some ways Kit is successful in adjusting to Wethersfield? What are some ways Kit is unsuccessful or unwilling to adapt?
Essay Topic 2
Liberty is an important aspect of the colonists' lives. Please: 1) Explain why liberty is so highly valued by the colonists, 2) Give some examples of how the colonists see liberty in their daily lives, and 3) Name one major symbol of liberty that the colonists esteem.
Essay Topic 3
Please define the literary terms plot and subplot. Explain the major differences and provide detailed examples of both from the novel. What is the purpose of the subplot(s) in this novel?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)