|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kit arrives at her aunt's house, what disturbing news does she hear about John Holbrook?
2. What does William's response to Kit's trial make her realize?
3. What "proof" about Kit is found at Hannah's house?
4. How does Mr. Cruff respond when his daughter reads the Bible in front of the courtroom?
5. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please define the role of the "protagonist" and "antagonist" in a literary work. Describe one protagonist and one antagonist in "The Witch of Blackbird Pond." Note what makes them either the protagonist or antagonist, their relationship each other, and provide at least one clear example in which the protagonist and antagonist interact in a contentious situation.
Essay Topic 2
Please describe Kit's first interaction with Hannah. What is Kit's initial reaction to Hannah? How does Kit's view and opinion of Hannah change in the course of their first meeting? Throughout the novel? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Please define conflict in the literary sense. Outline the main conflict in "The Witch at Blackbird Pond," and use at least three examples that support your view of what the main conflict is.
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)