Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes into town with reports from the militia?
2. Where does Nat think to take Hannah to keep her safe?
3. What rumor does Nat hear when he returns with the Dolphin to Wethersfield?
4. Who tries to defend Kit in court?
5. How does Kit's trial end?
Essay Topic 1
Please compare and contrast dating or courting in Kit's time with dating or courting today. How does Kit seem to enjoy the method of courting in her time? How would you feel about having to live by the courting rules of Colonial times?
Essay Topic 2
Intolerance is a major theme in this novel. Please explain what intolerance is, how intolerance is seen in this novel, what parties are involved in the intolerance, and what the main cause of the intolerance is. Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Please define the literary terms plot and subplot. Explain the major differences and provide detailed examples of both from the novel. What is the purpose of the subplot(s) in this novel?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)