|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kit confess to Nat?
2. What does Prudence come to the courtroom to do?
3. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
4. Whom does John tell Kit he is in love with?
5. How does Nat speak to Kit when the Dolphin returns to Wethersfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Kit and Nat help Hannah stay safe as the mob of angry townspeople come for her?
2. Why does Rachel give Kit a tart to take to Hannah?
3. While at Hannah's house delivering her gift from Nat, what does Kit notice about Prudence and what does she decide to do for the girl?
4. How do Prudence's parents view her and treat her?
5. How does Nat treat Kit when the Dolphin comes back to dock in the autumn and why does he do this?
6. When Kit goes to the Dolphin to see Nat , what item does he ask her to take to Hannah and why can't he do it?
7. What news is brought to town by the militiamen?
8. Where is Kit taken when she is arrested and who comes to visit her?
9. How does Kit feel about fixing the roof with Nat?
10. What disturbance happens in Wethersfield on the night of All Hallows Eve?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please compare and contrast dating or courting in Kit's time with dating or courting today. How does Kit seem to enjoy the method of courting in her time? How would you feel about having to live by the courting rules of Colonial times?
Essay Topic 2
Please explain the process that Kit goes through in adapting to her new life in Wethersfield. Give a general overview of her adjustment to the life there, from her arrival to the final chapter in the novel. What are some ways Kit is successful in adjusting to Wethersfield? What are some ways Kit is unsuccessful or unwilling to adapt?
Essay Topic 3
Please define conflict in the literary sense. Outline the main conflict in "The Witch at Blackbird Pond," and use at least three examples that support your view of what the main conflict is.
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)