|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor does Nat hear when he returns with the Dolphin to Wethersfield?
2. How does Nat speak to Kit when the Dolphin returns to Wethersfield?
3. Who leads the party that has come to arrest Kit?
4. With the coming of winter, what is Kit's emotional state?
5. What changes in Prudence does the reader see in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Kit taken when she is arrested and who comes to visit her?
2. What plan do Kit and Prudence undertake to teach Prudence to read?
3. How do Prudence's parents view her and treat her?
4. Why does Rachel give Kit a tart to take to Hannah?
5. While at Hannah's house delivering her gift from Nat, what does Kit notice about Prudence and what does she decide to do for the girl?
6. What news is brought to town by the militiamen?
7. What disturbance happens in Wethersfield on the night of All Hallows Eve?
8. Why do the townspeople come to arrest Kit and what "proof" do they claim to have to support their arrest?
9. How does Nat treat Kit when the Dolphin comes back to dock in the autumn and why does he do this?
10. How do Kit and Nat help Hannah stay safe as the mob of angry townspeople come for her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please define a static and dynamic character. Provide on example of each type of character from "The Witch of Blackbird Pond," explaining why he or she is static or dynamic.
Essay Topic 2
Religion is mentioned throughout the novel. Please explain why religion is such an important topic throughout the novel and the effect it has on the story and its characters. Please use specific examples from the novel to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Please define the literary terms plot and subplot. Explain the major differences and provide detailed examples of both from the novel. What is the purpose of the subplot(s) in this novel?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)