|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food item does Rachel give to Kit to take to Hannah?
2. What do some rowdy sailors put in the windows of the house William is building?
3. What does Kit realize one day as she watches her uncle gazing at his land?
4. Who leads the party that has come to arrest Kit?
5. What does Judith announce as they are working to husk corn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please note who the main character is in "The Witch of Blackbird Pond" and list at least four minor characters and their roles in the story. How do these characters contribute to the story? Why are they included?
Essay Topic 2
Please describe Kit's first interaction with Hannah. What is Kit's initial reaction to Hannah? How does Kit's view and opinion of Hannah change in the course of their first meeting? Throughout the novel? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Please compare and contrast dating or courting in Kit's time with dating or courting today. How does Kit seem to enjoy the method of courting in her time? How would you feel about having to live by the courting rules of Colonial times?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)