|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the captain's son?
2. Whom does Kit seem to have made quite an impression on and is introduced to after the service?
3. What do the schoolmaster and the reverend do when they come into the class and see the children playing make-believe?
4. In Chapter 7, who comes and interrupts Kit's time with William?
5. Where do Hannah and her husband walk from to Wethersfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Matthew's opinion and fear about the coming of the new governor to the Colonies?
2. When they leave the morning prayer service, what news is Kit appalled to learn?
3. How do her cousins respond to Kit's inability to do chores?
4. Who in the community and in the Wood family is expected to go to prayer meeting?
5. In Chapter 6, what role is Andros playing in the Colonies?
6. In Chapter 2, what information does the reader learn about Kit's parents?
7. What is the reaction Kit receives when she jumps into the water to rescue the dropped doll?
8. What special prayer does the revered make in the next prayer service and what is Kit's opinion of this?
9. What causes a tense moment between Dr. Bulkeley and Matthew while they are dining together at the Woods' house after prayer meeting?
10. What information does Judith share with Kit about the Great Meadow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please explain the process that Kit goes through in adapting to her new life in Wethersfield. Give a general overview of her adjustment to the life there, from her arrival to the final chapter in the novel. What are some ways Kit is successful in adjusting to Wethersfield? What are some ways Kit is unsuccessful or unwilling to adapt?
Essay Topic 2
The role of women in the Colonies involved a lot of work. Please give some examples from the text that show the role of women. Compare and contrast the ways Kit adapts to this and her ability to do the work required to Judith and her ability.
Essay Topic 3
Please note who the main character is in "The Witch of Blackbird Pond" and list at least four minor characters and their roles in the story. How do these characters contribute to the story? Why are they included?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)