Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Hannah and her husband not allowed to stay in town when they arrived in Connecticut?
2. What does William think about the new governor of the Colonies appointed by the King?
3. What does Mercy tell Kit about their life in Wethersfield?
4. What story does Kit have the students act out?
5. How does Rachel respond when she hears about Kit spending time with Hannah?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what role is Andros playing in the Colonies?
2. When the guests leave in Chapter 7, what do Mercy and Judith share with Kit and how does this make her feel?
3. What is William's initial opinion of the king's appointed governor coming to the Colonies?
4. In Chapter 2, what information does the reader learn about Kit's parents?
5. What role does Kit think Mercy plays in the Wood household?
6. How do Prudence's parents view her and treat her?
7. What does Mercy tell Kit happened to Rachel's two sons?
8. When Nat comes back to dock in May, what does he tell Kit?
9. How does Rachel defend her niece's prayer-meeting attire to Matthew?
10. What causes a tense moment between Dr. Bulkeley and Matthew while they are dining together at the Woods' house after prayer meeting?
Please define the role of the "protagonist" and "antagonist" in a literary work. Describe one protagonist and one antagonist in "The Witch of Blackbird Pond." Note what makes them either the protagonist or antagonist, their relationship each other, and provide at least one clear example in which the protagonist and antagonist interact in a contentious situation.
Please explain the process that Kit goes through in adapting to her new life in Wethersfield. Give a general overview of her adjustment to the life there, from her arrival to the final chapter in the novel. What are some ways Kit is successful in adjusting to Wethersfield? What are some ways Kit is unsuccessful or unwilling to adapt?
Please define the literary terms plot and subplot. Explain the major differences and provide detailed examples of both from the novel. What is the purpose of the subplot(s) in this novel?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)