Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What additional gift does Kit convince Judith to take with the clothes she has already given her?
2. What is the religion of Kit's relatives in Wethersfield?
3. When Kit's grandfather dies, who is her only living relative left?
4. When Matthew returns home and sees the new clothes, what does he do?
5. What item does Prudence accidentally drop in the water?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Judith share about the person who lives in the little house near the marshy pond?
2. How does Kit's aunt receive her niece?
3. What is Matthew's opinion and fear about the coming of the new governor to the Colonies?
4. Why does Rachel give Kit a tart to take to Hannah?
5. Why are the schoolmaster and reverend upset when they come to the class to observe Mercy and Kit teaching?
6. What role does Kit think Mercy plays in the Wood household?
7. What plan do Kit and Prudence undertake to teach Prudence to read?
8. Instead of going to the husking bee, what does John want to do and what is Judith's response to this?
9. Where is Kit taken when she is arrested and who comes to visit her?
10. In Chapter 6, what role is Andros playing in the Colonies?
Please define the literary terms plot and subplot. Explain the major differences and provide detailed examples of both from the novel. What is the purpose of the subplot(s) in this novel?
Please note who the main character is in "The Witch of Blackbird Pond" and list at least four minor characters and their roles in the story. How do these characters contribute to the story? Why are they included?
Define the act of characterization in a novel and its importance. Please choose one character from the novel and explain how the author uses characterization in relation to this character.
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)