|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raises Kit?
2. What warning does Matthew give Kit about living with them?
3. What does Kit think of the fields of the Great Meadow?
4. Who is the monarch of England at the time Kit moves to the colonies?
5. What is Kit surprised to hear when they are leaving her first prayer meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Kit first arrives in Wethersfield?
2. How does Nat first meet Hannah?
3. What leisure activity is John shocked to discover Kit does and why is he shocked?
4. What does Judith share about the person who lives in the little house near the marshy pond?
5. What does Mercy tell Kit happened to Rachel's two sons?
6. How do her cousins respond to Kit's inability to do chores?
7. What causes a tense moment between Dr. Bulkeley and Matthew while they are dining together at the Woods' house after prayer meeting?
8. What is the reaction Kit receives when she jumps into the water to rescue the dropped doll?
9. Why are the schoolmaster and reverend upset when they come to the class to observe Mercy and Kit teaching?
10. What special prayer does the revered make in the next prayer service and what is Kit's opinion of this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define narrative voice and the three most common types of narrative mode. What narrative mode is used in this novel? Please state whether or not you agree with the narrative mode the author uses in this novel and why.
Essay Topic 2
Please compare and contrast dating or courting in Kit's time with dating or courting today. How does Kit seem to enjoy the method of courting in her time? How would you feel about having to live by the courting rules of Colonial times?
Essay Topic 3
Please define a static and dynamic character. Provide on example of each type of character from "The Witch of Blackbird Pond," explaining why he or she is static or dynamic.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)