|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Holbrook studying to be?
2. Who hands out new concessions of land grants?
3. What is the religion of Kit's relatives in Wethersfield?
4. What item does Prudence accidentally drop in the water?
5. How does Nat view slavery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kit's aunt receive her niece?
2. What is the reaction Kit receives when she jumps into the water to rescue the dropped doll?
3. When the guests leave in Chapter 7, what do Mercy and Judith share with Kit and how does this make her feel?
4. How does the author describe Kit's relatives?
5. What role does Kit think Mercy plays in the Wood household?
6. What different work activities does Kit try her hand at in Chapter 4 and how does she handle them?
7. How does Matthew react when he sees the dresses Kit has given his daughters?
8. How do her cousins respond to Kit's inability to do chores?
9. What happens when Kit first arrives in Wethersfield?
10. What information does Judith share with Kit about the Great Meadow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please define a static and dynamic character. Provide on example of each type of character from "The Witch of Blackbird Pond," explaining why he or she is static or dynamic.
Essay Topic 2
Define what a setting is in a novel. Please explain the purpose of the setting and what the overall setting is in this novel. Provide three examples of more specific settings that occur in pivotal moments of the novel. Explain why a setting is so important to the overall story.
Essay Topic 3
Please note who the main character is in "The Witch of Blackbird Pond" and list at least four minor characters and their roles in the story. How do these characters contribute to the story? Why are they included?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)