|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William's response to Kit's trial make her realize?
(a) That she hates the sight of him.
(b) That she cannot depend on him.
(c) That she likes him enough to marry him.
(d) That she is completely in love with him.
2. Why do the townspeople come to Matthew's door saying they are going to get Hannah?
(a) Because they think she has caused the fever.
(b) Because they need someone to pick on.
(c) Because they think she is in league with the enemy.
(d) Because they saw her being a witch.
3. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
(a) They are congratulated for their good joke.
(b) They are asked to leave the town.
(c) They are put in the stocks.
(d) They are chastised and told to pray.
4. Where does Nat think to take Hannah to keep her safe?
(a) To stay with his grandmother.
(b) On his boat to Barbados.
(c) To a new colony called Florida.
(d) To England.
5. What does the act of hiding the charter mean to the king?
(a) The king does not consider it anything worth worrying about.
(b) It is an act of serious insubordination.
(c) It is an act showing support for the king.
(d) It is initially disrespectful to the king but nothing more.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hides the charter from the new governor?
2. How does Kit's trial end?
3. What author does Kit discover Nat enjoys reading?
4. In response to the new governor, what are some of the colonists calling for?
5. What does Judith announce as they are working to husk corn?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the trial, what realizations do William and Kit come to regarding their potential marriage?
2. How do Prudence's parents view her and treat her?
3. How do Kit and Nat help Hannah stay safe as the mob of angry townspeople come for her?
4. When Kit goes to the Dolphin to see Nat , what item does he ask her to take to Hannah and why can't he do it?
5. When does corn husking take place and what is done at a corn husking?
6. What disturbance happens in Wethersfield on the night of All Hallows Eve?
7. What news is brought to town by the militiamen?
8. What plan do Kit and Prudence undertake to teach Prudence to read?
9. Where is Kit taken when she is arrested and who comes to visit her?
10. What decisions does Governor Andros come to in Chapter 15 regarding land? What are the settlers' feelings about this?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)