|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nat insist on doing after dinner at Hannah's?
(a) Walking Kit home.
(b) Having dessert.
(c) Playing a game of cards.
(d) Reading out loud.
2. Who is there to comfort Judith when there is no news of John Holbrook's fate as a militiaman?
(b) Mr. Rogers.
3. What does Kit confide to Hannah when she brings her Nat's gift?
(a) She tells Hannah that she might want to be a Quaker.
(b) She tells Hannah she is not sure about William's proposal.
(c) She tells Hannah that she is thinking of going to England.
(d) She tells Hannah that Nat is in trouble.
4. What does Prudence come to the courtroom to do?
(a) To do nothing but cry.
(b) To encourage Kit with her presence.
(c) To testify on Kit's behalf.
(d) To yell at her mother for being cruel.
5. Who tries to defend Kit in court?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do they lock Kit when she is arrested?
2. What does Kit confess to Nat?
3. What is Nat doing when Kit arrives at Hannah's in Chapter 12?
4. What holiday does the new governor decide to change the date of?
5. When Kit arrives at her aunt's house, what disturbing news does she hear about John Holbrook?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Kit taken when she is arrested and who comes to visit her?
2. What charges are brought against Kit at her trial? What is the punishment for these charges?
3. How do Kit and Nat help Hannah stay safe as the mob of angry townspeople come for her?
4. How does Matthew feel when he hears that Andros is now governor of Connecticut?
5. What disturbance happens in Wethersfield on the night of All Hallows Eve?
6. How does Kit feel about fixing the roof with Nat?
7. How does Nat treat Kit when the Dolphin comes back to dock in the autumn and why does he do this?
8. What news is brought to town by the militiamen?
9. What plan do Kit and Prudence undertake to teach Prudence to read?
10. When does corn husking take place and what is done at a corn husking?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)