|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do they lock Kit when she is arrested?
(a) In a cell at the local jailhouse.
(b) In a shed at the constable's house.
(c) In the stocks in the center of town.
(d) In the basement of the Meeting House.
2. What animal do the townspeople think Hannah has turned herself into in order to escape?
(a) A crow.
(b) A spider.
(c) A rat.
(d) A snake.
3. What does Judith announce as they are working to husk corn?
(a) That she is in love with Nat.
(b) That she never wants to marry.
(c) That she is going to make John propose.
(d) That she is in love with William.
4. Why do the townspeople want to arrest Kit?
(a) They are against all newcomers now.
(b) They think Hannah has left her to continue her work.
(c) They know that she has helped Hannah escape.
(d) They have decide they do not like people from Barbados.
5. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) They tolerate each other.
(c) They are wary of each other and take a long time to grow on each other.
(d) They take to each other immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the settlers get together to husk the corn?
2. How does Matthew react when he learns that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
3. What is Kit's response when William proposes?
4. How does the first snowfall of winter affect Kit?
5. Why does Hannah not want to leave her home at first even though Kit tells her of the angry crowd?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)