|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
(a) They are put in the stocks.
(b) They are congratulated for their good joke.
(c) They are chastised and told to pray.
(d) They are asked to leave the town.
2. What author does Kit discover Nat enjoys reading?
3. How does Matthew react when he learns that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
(a) He is indifferent and does not really care.
(b) He is angry but eventually understands.
(c) He is angry and forbids her from ever going again.
(d) He is happy that she has been visiting her.
4. What crimes is Kit charged with at her trial?
(a) Dealing with Satan.
(b) Bringing fever down on the children.
(c) Playing make-believe with children.
(d) Helping a witch escape.
5. When the Dolphin is back in port, what does Nat bring back for Hannah?
(a) A puppy.
(c) A new basket.
(d) Some cloth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
2. What are those individuals called who are against the rule of the king in the colonies?
3. How does Mr. Cruff respond when his daughter reads the Bible in front of the courtroom?
4. What does John think when he hears that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
5. How does Nat speak to Kit when the Dolphin returns to Wethersfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Kit taken when she is arrested and who comes to visit her?
2. When does corn husking take place and what is done at a corn husking?
3. What plan do Kit and Prudence undertake to teach Prudence to read?
4. While at Hannah's house delivering her gift from Nat, what does Kit notice about Prudence and what does she decide to do for the girl?
5. Why does Rachel give Kit a tart to take to Hannah?
6. How does Matthew feel when he hears that Andros is now governor of Connecticut?
7. What charges are brought against Kit at her trial? What is the punishment for these charges?
8. What happens to Judith soon after John's departure for the militia? What then happens to Mercy and many others in town?
9. How does Nat treat Kit when the Dolphin comes back to dock in the autumn and why does he do this?
10. Instead of going to the husking bee, what does John want to do and what is Judith's response to this?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)