|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Matthew initially hears of the townspeople trying to go after Hannah, how does he respond?
(a) He is too worried about his daughter to care.
(b) He tells them to do what they think is best, but he will not join.
(c) He decides to join them.
(d) He tries to dissuade them.
2. Where does Nat think to take Hannah to keep her safe?
(a) On his boat to Barbados.
(b) To stay with his grandmother.
(c) To England.
(d) To a new colony called Florida.
3. When do the settlers get together to husk the corn?
(a) After Lent.
(b) In the autumn.
(c) Every Easter.
(d) After the harvest.
4. Why do the townspeople want to arrest Kit?
(a) They have decide they do not like people from Barbados.
(b) They are against all newcomers now.
(c) They know that she has helped Hannah escape.
(d) They think Hannah has left her to continue her work.
5. What are those individuals called who are against the rule of the king in the colonies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some rowdy sailors put in the windows of the house William is building?
2. What is Nat doing when Kit arrives at Hannah's in Chapter 12?
3. What author does Kit discover Nat enjoys reading?
4. Where do they lock Kit when she is arrested?
5. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Judith soon after John's departure for the militia? What then happens to Mercy and many others in town?
2. How does Nat treat Kit when the Dolphin comes back to dock in the autumn and why does he do this?
3. What news is brought to town by the militiamen?
4. Where is Kit taken when she is arrested and who comes to visit her?
5. Instead of going to the husking bee, what does John want to do and what is Judith's response to this?
6. What disturbance happens in Wethersfield on the night of All Hallows Eve?
7. After the trial, what realizations do William and Kit come to regarding their potential marriage?
8. What does Prudence do and say in Kit's favor during her trial?
9. Why does Rachel give Kit a tart to take to Hannah?
10. How do Prudence's parents view her and treat her?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)