|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "proof" about Kit is found at Hannah's house?
(a) Her picture.
(b) Her Bible.
(c) Her handkerchief.
(d) Her notebook.
2. How does the first snowfall of winter affect Kit?
(a) It makes her sad.
(b) She is fascinated by it.
(c) It makes her angry that she lives in the snow.
(d) She thinks it makes everything ugly.
3. What does Prudence come to the courtroom to do?
(a) To yell at her mother for being cruel.
(b) To encourage Kit with her presence.
(c) To do nothing but cry.
(d) To testify on Kit's behalf.
4. It is summer; what little anonymous gift has Kit been receiving?
(c) Pretty pebbles.
(d) Paper dolls.
5. What changes in Prudence does the reader see in Chapter 16?
(a) She has grown very tall.
(b) She is now a happy and confident girl.
(c) She is very sick.
(d) There really are no changes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Dolphin is back in port, what does Nat bring back for Hannah?
2. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
3. Why do the townspeople come to Matthew's door saying they are going to get Hannah?
4. What does William's response to Kit's trial make her realize?
5. What holiday does the new governor decide to change the date of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Judith soon after John's departure for the militia? What then happens to Mercy and many others in town?
2. Why do the townspeople come to arrest Kit and what "proof" do they claim to have to support their arrest?
3. When Kit goes to the Dolphin to see Nat , what item does he ask her to take to Hannah and why can't he do it?
4. Why does Rachel give Kit a tart to take to Hannah?
5. What disturbance happens in Wethersfield on the night of All Hallows Eve?
6. How does Nat treat Kit when the Dolphin comes back to dock in the autumn and why does he do this?
7. What does Prudence do and say in Kit's favor during her trial?
8. Where is Kit taken when she is arrested and who comes to visit her?
9. What charges are brought against Kit at her trial? What is the punishment for these charges?
10. How does Kit feel about fixing the roof with Nat?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)