|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Matthew react when he learns that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
(a) He is angry and forbids her from ever going again.
(b) He is angry but eventually understands.
(c) He is happy that she has been visiting her.
(d) He is indifferent and does not really care.
2. Who is there to comfort Judith when there is no news of John Holbrook's fate as a militiaman?
(b) Mr. Rogers.
3. How does Mr. Cruff respond when his daughter reads the Bible in front of the courtroom?
(a) He is angry that she can read.
(b) He is proud that she can read.
(c) He is ashamed of her.
(d) He is furious that she has been spending time with Kit.
4. What animal do the townspeople think Hannah has turned herself into in order to escape?
(a) A spider.
(b) A crow.
(c) A rat.
(d) A snake.
5. What does Nat insist on doing after dinner at Hannah's?
(a) Playing a game of cards.
(b) Reading out loud.
(c) Having dessert.
(d) Walking Kit home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
2. How does Nat speak to Kit when the Dolphin returns to Wethersfield?
3. Who comes to the Woods' house to help with Mercy in Chapter 17?
4. What author does Kit discover Nat enjoys reading?
5. What does John think when he hears that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
Short Essay Questions
1. While at Hannah's house delivering her gift from Nat, what does Kit notice about Prudence and what does she decide to do for the girl?
2. What plan do Kit and Prudence undertake to teach Prudence to read?
3. What decisions does Governor Andros come to in Chapter 15 regarding land? What are the settlers' feelings about this?
4. When Kit goes to the Dolphin to see Nat , what item does he ask her to take to Hannah and why can't he do it?
5. How do Kit and Nat help Hannah stay safe as the mob of angry townspeople come for her?
6. When does corn husking take place and what is done at a corn husking?
7. What charges are brought against Kit at her trial? What is the punishment for these charges?
8. How does Matthew feel when he hears that Andros is now governor of Connecticut?
9. What does Prudence do and say in Kit's favor during her trial?
10. Instead of going to the husking bee, what does John want to do and what is Judith's response to this?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)