|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday does the new governor decide to change the date of?
(d) The winter solstice.
2. Who comes into town with reports from the militia?
(a) The governor.
(c) Two militiamen.
3. Who is the thin, bedraggled man who suddenly shows up at the Woods' door one winter night?
(c) Mr. Kimberley.
4. How does Nat speak to Kit when the Dolphin returns to Wethersfield?
(a) He is very friendly.
(b) He speaks to her in a loving manner.
(c) He speaks to her sarcastically.
(d) He is rather silly and joking.
5. What does Judith announce as they are working to husk corn?
(a) That she is going to make John propose.
(b) That she is in love with Nat.
(c) That she is in love with William.
(d) That she never wants to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John think when he hears that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
2. With the coming of winter, what is Kit's emotional state?
3. It is summer; what little anonymous gift has Kit been receiving?
4. How does Mr. Cruff respond when his daughter reads the Bible in front of the courtroom?
5. What does Kit realize one day as she watches her uncle gazing at his land?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Kit taken when she is arrested and who comes to visit her?
2. Instead of going to the husking bee, what does John want to do and what is Judith's response to this?
3. How do Prudence's parents view her and treat her?
4. What news is brought to town by the militiamen?
5. While at Hannah's house delivering her gift from Nat, what does Kit notice about Prudence and what does she decide to do for the girl?
6. When Kit goes to the Dolphin to see Nat , what item does he ask her to take to Hannah and why can't he do it?
7. What charges are brought against Kit at her trial? What is the punishment for these charges?
8. What disturbance happens in Wethersfield on the night of All Hallows Eve?
9. What does Prudence do and say in Kit's favor during her trial?
10. How does Nat treat Kit when the Dolphin comes back to dock in the autumn and why does he do this?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)