|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to defend Kit in court?
2. In Chapter 11, what does Kit notice as John Holbrook reads aloud to the group in the Woods' house?
(a) How handsome he is.
(b) How much she loves him.
(c) The way that he and Judith seem to be meant for each other.
(d) The loving way Mercy is looking at him.
3. What "proof" about Kit is found at Hannah's house?
(a) Her Bible.
(b) Her picture.
(c) Her notebook.
(d) Her handkerchief.
4. What holiday does the new governor decide to change the date of?
(c) The winter solstice.
5. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
(a) That she can learn if she tries and works hard.
(b) That she can do anything she puts her mind to.
(c) That she is too stupid to learn to read.
(d) That she is the smartest girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the act of hiding the charter mean to the king?
2. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
3. When Matthew initially hears of the townspeople trying to go after Hannah, how does he respond?
4. Where do they lock Kit when she is arrested?
5. What does Prudence come to the courtroom to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decisions does Governor Andros come to in Chapter 15 regarding land? What are the settlers' feelings about this?
2. Instead of going to the husking bee, what does John want to do and what is Judith's response to this?
3. Where is Kit taken when she is arrested and who comes to visit her?
4. How do Prudence's parents view her and treat her?
5. How does Matthew feel when he hears that Andros is now governor of Connecticut?
6. What news is brought to town by the militiamen?
7. When Kit goes to the Dolphin to see Nat , what item does he ask her to take to Hannah and why can't he do it?
8. What does Prudence do and say in Kit's favor during her trial?
9. When does corn husking take place and what is done at a corn husking?
10. How does Nat treat Kit when the Dolphin comes back to dock in the autumn and why does he do this?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)