|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Not long after John's departure, what happens to Judith?
(a) She states that she does not want to live in the Colony anymore.
(b) She realizes that she is in love with someone else.
(c) She decides to become a nun.
(d) She comes down with fever.
2. What animal do the townspeople think Hannah has turned herself into in order to escape?
(a) A crow.
(b) A spider.
(c) A rat.
(d) A snake.
3. What does Prudence come to the courtroom to do?
(a) To testify on Kit's behalf.
(b) To yell at her mother for being cruel.
(c) To do nothing but cry.
(d) To encourage Kit with her presence.
4. Who comes to visit Kit when she is locked away as a prisoner?
(a) William Ashby.
(c) Her aunt Rachel.
5. When the Dolphin is back in port, what does Nat bring back for Hannah?
(a) A new basket.
(c) A puppy.
(d) Some cloth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crimes is Kit charged with at her trial?
2. Where does Nat think to take Hannah to keep her safe?
3. Who is there to comfort Judith when there is no news of John Holbrook's fate as a militiaman?
4. With the coming of winter, what is Kit's emotional state?
5. Who comes into town with reports from the militia?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)