|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Not long after John's departure, what happens to Judith?
(a) She decides to become a nun.
(b) She states that she does not want to live in the Colony anymore.
(c) She comes down with fever.
(d) She realizes that she is in love with someone else.
2. In response to the new governor, what are some of the colonists calling for?
(a) A petition to be signed stating they do not want the governor.
(b) A week of fasting.
(c) An armed rebellion.
(d) A peaceful protest.
3. When do the settlers get together to husk the corn?
(a) Every Easter.
(b) In the autumn.
(c) After the harvest.
(d) After Lent.
4. Who comes into town with reports from the militia?
(b) The governor.
(c) Two militiamen.
5. What does Judith announce as they are working to husk corn?
(a) That she is in love with Nat.
(b) That she is in love with William.
(c) That she is going to make John propose.
(d) That she never wants to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nat think to take Hannah to keep her safe?
2. What author does Kit discover Nat enjoys reading?
3. Who is governor of the Connecticut Colony by Chapter 15?
4. What does Kit confess to Nat?
5. How does Nat speak to Kit when the Dolphin returns to Wethersfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Kit goes to the Dolphin to see Nat , what item does he ask her to take to Hannah and why can't he do it?
2. How do Prudence's parents view her and treat her?
3. Instead of going to the husking bee, what does John want to do and what is Judith's response to this?
4. What news is brought to town by the militiamen?
5. When does corn husking take place and what is done at a corn husking?
6. What happens to Judith soon after John's departure for the militia? What then happens to Mercy and many others in town?
7. How does Nat treat Kit when the Dolphin comes back to dock in the autumn and why does he do this?
8. How do Kit and Nat help Hannah stay safe as the mob of angry townspeople come for her?
9. How does Matthew feel when he hears that Andros is now governor of Connecticut?
10. What decisions does Governor Andros come to in Chapter 15 regarding land? What are the settlers' feelings about this?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)