|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nat insist on doing after dinner at Hannah's?
(a) Playing a game of cards.
(b) Having dessert.
(c) Walking Kit home.
(d) Reading out loud.
2. When the Dolphin is back in port, what does Nat bring back for Hannah?
(a) A puppy.
(b) Some cloth.
(d) A new basket.
3. What is Kit's response when William proposes?
(a) She says no right away.
(b) She says nothing and runs away.
(c) She says yes right away.
(d) She admits that she is still unsure
4. When Matthew initially hears of the townspeople trying to go after Hannah, how does he respond?
(a) He is too worried about his daughter to care.
(b) He tries to dissuade them.
(c) He decides to join them.
(d) He tells them to do what they think is best, but he will not join.
5. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
(a) That she can learn if she tries and works hard.
(b) That she is the smartest girl.
(c) That she can do anything she puts her mind to.
(d) That she is too stupid to learn to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the Woods' house to help with Mercy in Chapter 17?
2. Who is left out again from the corn-husking festivities?
3. What author does Kit discover Nat enjoys reading?
4. In response to the new governor, what are some of the colonists calling for?
5. Why do the townspeople want to arrest Kit?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)