|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kit realize one day as she watches her uncle gazing at his land?
(a) How much she dislikes her uncle.
(b) How similiar her uncle and Mercy look.
(c) How hard he has had to fight for it.
(d) How much her uncle reminds her of her father.
2. What changes in Prudence does the reader see in Chapter 16?
(a) She has grown very tall.
(b) She is now a happy and confident girl.
(c) She is very sick.
(d) There really are no changes.
3. How does the first snowfall of winter affect Kit?
(a) She thinks it makes everything ugly.
(b) It makes her sad.
(c) It makes her angry that she lives in the snow.
(d) She is fascinated by it.
4. It is summer; what little anonymous gift has Kit been receiving?
(a) Pretty pebbles.
(d) Paper dolls.
5. What cargo is Nat's ship carrying in Chapter 14?
(c) English glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kit confide to Hannah when she brings her Nat's gift?
2. What does Kit confess to Nat?
3. What does John think when he hears that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
4. Who is governor of the Connecticut Colony by Chapter 15?
5. Who is the thin, bedraggled man who suddenly shows up at the Woods' door one winter night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Kit and Nat help Hannah stay safe as the mob of angry townspeople come for her?
2. Instead of going to the husking bee, what does John want to do and what is Judith's response to this?
3. What plan do Kit and Prudence undertake to teach Prudence to read?
4. When does corn husking take place and what is done at a corn husking?
5. What happens to Judith soon after John's departure for the militia? What then happens to Mercy and many others in town?
6. How does Matthew feel when he hears that Andros is now governor of Connecticut?
7. After the trial, what realizations do William and Kit come to regarding their potential marriage?
8. What decisions does Governor Andros come to in Chapter 15 regarding land? What are the settlers' feelings about this?
9. Why does Rachel give Kit a tart to take to Hannah?
10. Why do the townspeople come to arrest Kit and what "proof" do they claim to have to support their arrest?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)