|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some rowdy sailors put in the windows of the house William is building?
(a) Indian relics.
(b) Sinful pictures.
(d) Quaker religious symbols.
2. What is Kit's response when William proposes?
(a) She admits that she is still unsure
(b) She says nothing and runs away.
(c) She says no right away.
(d) She says yes right away.
3. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
(a) They tolerate each other.
(b) They hate each other.
(c) They take to each other immediately.
(d) They are wary of each other and take a long time to grow on each other.
4. In response to the new governor, what are some of the colonists calling for?
(a) A petition to be signed stating they do not want the governor.
(b) An armed rebellion.
(c) A peaceful protest.
(d) A week of fasting.
5. Who is there to comfort Judith when there is no news of John Holbrook's fate as a militiaman?
(b) Mr. Rogers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about autumn enchants Kit?
2. What does Nat insist on doing after dinner at Hannah's?
3. What is Nat doing when Kit arrives at Hannah's in Chapter 12?
4. What cargo is Nat's ship carrying in Chapter 14?
5. Who comes into town with reports from the militia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Judith soon after John's departure for the militia? What then happens to Mercy and many others in town?
2. After the trial, what realizations do William and Kit come to regarding their potential marriage?
3. Why do the townspeople come to arrest Kit and what "proof" do they claim to have to support their arrest?
4. How does Matthew feel when he hears that Andros is now governor of Connecticut?
5. When Kit goes to the Dolphin to see Nat , what item does he ask her to take to Hannah and why can't he do it?
6. When does corn husking take place and what is done at a corn husking?
7. What charges are brought against Kit at her trial? What is the punishment for these charges?
8. Why does Rachel give Kit a tart to take to Hannah?
9. What news is brought to town by the militiamen?
10. Instead of going to the husking bee, what does John want to do and what is Judith's response to this?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)