|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nat speak to Kit when the Dolphin returns to Wethersfield?
(a) He is very friendly.
(b) He is rather silly and joking.
(c) He speaks to her in a loving manner.
(d) He speaks to her sarcastically.
2. When Matthew initially hears of the townspeople trying to go after Hannah, how does he respond?
(a) He is too worried about his daughter to care.
(b) He decides to join them.
(c) He tells them to do what they think is best, but he will not join.
(d) He tries to dissuade them.
3. What holiday does the new governor decide to change the date of?
(b) The winter solstice.
4. Whom does John tell Kit he is in love with?
5. What does Nat insist on doing after dinner at Hannah's?
(a) Having dessert.
(b) Playing a game of cards.
(c) Walking Kit home.
(d) Reading out loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do they lock Kit when she is arrested?
2. What food item does Rachel give to Kit to take to Hannah?
3. How does Mr. Cruff respond when his daughter reads the Bible in front of the courtroom?
4. What is Nat doing when Kit arrives at Hannah's in Chapter 12?
5. What animal do the townspeople think Hannah has turned herself into in order to escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nat treat Kit when the Dolphin comes back to dock in the autumn and why does he do this?
2. How do Prudence's parents view her and treat her?
3. What news is brought to town by the militiamen?
4. How does Kit feel about fixing the roof with Nat?
5. What happens to Judith soon after John's departure for the militia? What then happens to Mercy and many others in town?
6. When does corn husking take place and what is done at a corn husking?
7. What does Prudence do and say in Kit's favor during her trial?
8. What decisions does Governor Andros come to in Chapter 15 regarding land? What are the settlers' feelings about this?
9. Instead of going to the husking bee, what does John want to do and what is Judith's response to this?
10. When Kit goes to the Dolphin to see Nat , what item does he ask her to take to Hannah and why can't he do it?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)