|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is summer; what little anonymous gift has Kit been receiving?
(a) Paper dolls.
(c) Pretty pebbles.
2. Not long after John's departure, what happens to Judith?
(a) She states that she does not want to live in the Colony anymore.
(b) She realizes that she is in love with someone else.
(c) She decides to become a nun.
(d) She comes down with fever.
3. What changes in Prudence does the reader see in Chapter 16?
(a) There really are no changes.
(b) She is very sick.
(c) She has grown very tall.
(d) She is now a happy and confident girl.
4. What does Kit confide to Hannah when she brings her Nat's gift?
(a) She tells Hannah that Nat is in trouble.
(b) She tells Hannah she is not sure about William's proposal.
(c) She tells Hannah that she is thinking of going to England.
(d) She tells Hannah that she might want to be a Quaker.
5. Who is there to comfort Judith when there is no news of John Holbrook's fate as a militiaman?
(b) Mr. Rogers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does John tell Kit he is in love with?
2. What crimes is Kit charged with at her trial?
3. When do the settlers get together to husk the corn?
4. What is the punishment for all of Kit's so-called crimes?
5. Why does Hannah not want to leave her home at first even though Kit tells her of the angry crowd?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rachel give Kit a tart to take to Hannah?
2. How does Kit feel about fixing the roof with Nat?
3. How do Prudence's parents view her and treat her?
4. After the trial, what realizations do William and Kit come to regarding their potential marriage?
5. What news is brought to town by the militiamen?
6. Why do the townspeople come to arrest Kit and what "proof" do they claim to have to support their arrest?
7. What charges are brought against Kit at her trial? What is the punishment for these charges?
8. Where is Kit taken when she is arrested and who comes to visit her?
9. What plan do Kit and Prudence undertake to teach Prudence to read?
10. Instead of going to the husking bee, what does John want to do and what is Judith's response to this?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)