|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What author does Kit discover Nat enjoys reading?
2. Why do the townspeople want to arrest Kit?
(a) They have decide they do not like people from Barbados.
(b) They know that she has helped Hannah escape.
(c) They think Hannah has left her to continue her work.
(d) They are against all newcomers now.
3. How does Kit's trial end?
(a) She is officially labeled a witch.
(b) She is warmly apologized to by Mrs. Cruff and the community.
(c) She is sentenced to the stocks.
(d) She is acquitted of all charges.
4. Why does Hannah not want to leave her home at first even though Kit tells her of the angry crowd?
(a) Because she has nowhere to go.
(b) Because she does not believe Kit at first.
(c) Because Quakers do not run.
(d) Because she is afraid of being far away from her house.
5. Who comes to visit Kit when she is locked away as a prisoner?
(c) Her aunt Rachel.
(d) William Ashby.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is summer; what little anonymous gift has Kit been receiving?
2. How does the first snowfall of winter affect Kit?
3. When do the settlers get together to husk the corn?
4. What food item does Rachel give to Kit to take to Hannah?
5. Who is there to comfort Judith when there is no news of John Holbrook's fate as a militiaman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Prudence's parents view her and treat her?
2. Why do the townspeople come to arrest Kit and what "proof" do they claim to have to support their arrest?
3. What news is brought to town by the militiamen?
4. What does Prudence do and say in Kit's favor during her trial?
5. While at Hannah's house delivering her gift from Nat, what does Kit notice about Prudence and what does she decide to do for the girl?
6. How does Kit feel about fixing the roof with Nat?
7. Why does Rachel give Kit a tart to take to Hannah?
8. Where is Kit taken when she is arrested and who comes to visit her?
9. When does corn husking take place and what is done at a corn husking?
10. What plan do Kit and Prudence undertake to teach Prudence to read?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)