|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kit realize one day as she watches her uncle gazing at his land?
(a) How much her uncle reminds her of her father.
(b) How much she dislikes her uncle.
(c) How hard he has had to fight for it.
(d) How similiar her uncle and Mercy look.
2. Who hides the charter from the new governor?
3. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
(a) They are put in the stocks.
(b) They are chastised and told to pray.
(c) They are asked to leave the town.
(d) They are congratulated for their good joke.
4. Who comes to visit Kit when she is locked away as a prisoner?
(a) William Ashby.
(d) Her aunt Rachel.
5. When the Dolphin is back in port, what does Nat bring back for Hannah?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A new basket.
(c) Some cloth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John think when he hears that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
2. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
3. What does Kit confide to Hannah when she brings her Nat's gift?
4. Where does Nat think to take Hannah to keep her safe?
5. What does the act of hiding the charter mean to the king?
Short Essay Questions
1. What charges are brought against Kit at her trial? What is the punishment for these charges?
2. How do Kit and Nat help Hannah stay safe as the mob of angry townspeople come for her?
3. How does Nat treat Kit when the Dolphin comes back to dock in the autumn and why does he do this?
4. When Kit goes to the Dolphin to see Nat , what item does he ask her to take to Hannah and why can't he do it?
5. While at Hannah's house delivering her gift from Nat, what does Kit notice about Prudence and what does she decide to do for the girl?
6. What decisions does Governor Andros come to in Chapter 15 regarding land? What are the settlers' feelings about this?
7. What does Prudence do and say in Kit's favor during her trial?
8. Why does Rachel give Kit a tart to take to Hannah?
9. When does corn husking take place and what is done at a corn husking?
10. Why do the townspeople come to arrest Kit and what "proof" do they claim to have to support their arrest?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)