|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to visit Kit when she is locked away as a prisoner?
(b) Her aunt Rachel.
(c) William Ashby.
2. Who is governor of the Connecticut Colony by Chapter 15?
(a) None of the above.
(b) The reverend.
(c) Sir Charles.
3. How does Kit's trial end?
(a) She is acquitted of all charges.
(b) She is warmly apologized to by Mrs. Cruff and the community.
(c) She is sentenced to the stocks.
(d) She is officially labeled a witch.
4. What does William's response to Kit's trial make her realize?
(a) That she likes him enough to marry him.
(b) That she is completely in love with him.
(c) That she cannot depend on him.
(d) That she hates the sight of him.
5. Who is there to comfort Judith when there is no news of John Holbrook's fate as a militiaman?
(c) Mr. Rogers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Dolphin is back in port, what does Nat bring back for Hannah?
2. What rumor does Nat hear when he returns with the Dolphin to Wethersfield?
3. Now that there is a new governor in Connecticut, what will increase?
4. When Kit arrives at her aunt's house, what disturbing news does she hear about John Holbrook?
5. With the coming of winter, what is Kit's emotional state?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decisions does Governor Andros come to in Chapter 15 regarding land? What are the settlers' feelings about this?
2. Why does Rachel give Kit a tart to take to Hannah?
3. What plan do Kit and Prudence undertake to teach Prudence to read?
4. Instead of going to the husking bee, what does John want to do and what is Judith's response to this?
5. What news is brought to town by the militiamen?
6. When Kit goes to the Dolphin to see Nat , what item does he ask her to take to Hannah and why can't he do it?
7. Why do the townspeople come to arrest Kit and what "proof" do they claim to have to support their arrest?
8. How do Kit and Nat help Hannah stay safe as the mob of angry townspeople come for her?
9. What happens to Judith soon after John's departure for the militia? What then happens to Mercy and many others in town?
10. How does Matthew feel when he hears that Andros is now governor of Connecticut?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)