|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Judith describe Hannah Tupper?
(a) She says Hannah is a nice but shy girl.
(b) She says Hannah goes to church every day.
(c) She says Hannah is her best friend.
(d) She says Hannah is a witch.
2. Where is the school that Mercy teaches the young children?
(a) The Meeting House.
(b) The Woods' kitchen.
(c) The schoolhouse.
(d) The town hall.
3. How do the Puritans view play-acting?
(a) They consider it sinful.
(b) They see it as silly.
(c) They consider it great fun.
(d) They think it is necessary.
4. What does William ask Matthew in Chapter 6?
(a) For permission to court Kit.
(b) For a place to stay.
(c) For permission to court Judith.
(d) For a job.
5. What is Kit's initial reaction to Wethersfield?
(a) She is enthralled by its beauty.
(b) She is excited to be there.
(c) She is overwhelmed by how big it is.
(d) She is disappointed by the small town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Holbrook studying to be?
2. What does William think that his new responsibility will enable him to do?
3. How does John react when hearing that Kit can read and what she reads?
4. What are two sentiments that are deeply ingrained in the Colonies?
5. How does Kit react to teaching the young children?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rachel respond when she learns that Kit is spending time with Hannah?
2. How does Judith respond when Rachel suggests that she share her bed with Kit?
3. How does the author describe Kit's relatives?
4. When they leave the morning prayer service, what news is Kit appalled to learn?
5. What special prayer does the revered make in the next prayer service and what is Kit's opinion of this?
6. Who is John Holbrook and what warning does he give to Kit Tyler while they are aboard the Dolphin?
7. How does Nat first meet Hannah?
8. How does Kit feel about being out in the sun as she heads to the Great Meadow?
9. What story does Kit share with her relatives when she first arrives, telling them how she came to be penniless?
10. In Chapter 2, what information does the reader learn about Kit's parents?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)