|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Hannah's husband?
2. What does the author note in Chapter 6 that is a touchy subject in Wethersfield?
(a) Womens' rights.
3. Where is Kit to sleep her first night in the Colony?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In Mercy's bed.
(c) In Judith's bed.
(d) On the floor.
4. Hannah is kind to Kit. What does she do that shows Kit kindness?
(a) Offers her a place to clean up.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Listens to her story and comforts her.
(d) Gives her a nice meal.
5. Who comes to Kit's defense when Matthew gets angry about Kit's outfit?
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Kit's cousins respond to her many fancy and colorful gowns?
2. What does Matthew think about the Assembly's land-concessions move?
3. Why is Matthew angry about what Kit is wearing to prayer meeting?
4. Who teaches Kit how to read?
5. How does John Holbrook view reading?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rachel defend her niece's prayer-meeting attire to Matthew?
2. What does Prudence do and say in Kit's favor during her trial?
3. What is Matthew's opinion and fear about the coming of the new governor to the Colonies?
4. Why do the townspeople come to arrest Kit and what "proof" do they claim to have to support their arrest?
5. When Nat comes back to dock in May, what does he tell Kit?
6. Who in the community and in the Wood family is expected to go to prayer meeting?
7. Describe Hannah's first interaction with Kit.
8. Who are the Cruffs?
9. Why does Rachel give Kit a tart to take to Hannah?
10. How does Kit feel about fixing the roof with Nat?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)