|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kit find the work of weeding the onion patch?
(a) She finds it quite relaxing.
(b) She finds it very strenuous.
(c) She finds that it is over quickly.
(d) She finds it enjoyable.
2. What is the name of the port where Kit first goes ashore on her way to Wethersfield?
3. Who is the monarch of England at the time Kit moves to the colonies?
(a) King John.
(b) King James.
(c) King Edward.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
4. How many days does it take the boat to make its way up the river to Wethersfield?
(a) 8 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 9 days.
(d) 7 days.
5. Which sister tends to be more patient with Kit as she tries to learn the chores?
(a) They are both impatient.
(d) They are both patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Kit and Judith sent out to the meadows?
2. Which of the following best describes the Great Meadow?
3. After observing the Cruffs, how does Kit view them?
4. What response does William's request of Matthew in Chapter 6 elicit from the three girls?
5. What is the name of the woman who has taken Kit under her wing on the Dolphin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hannah's first interaction with Kit.
2. When they leave the morning prayer service, what news is Kit appalled to learn?
3. What leisure activity is John shocked to discover Kit does and why is he shocked?
4. How does Judith respond when Rachel suggests that she share her bed with Kit?
5. What is Matthew's opinion and fear about the coming of the new governor to the Colonies?
6. When the guests leave in Chapter 7, what do Mercy and Judith share with Kit and how does this make her feel?
7. How are Mercy and Kit's approaches to teaching the children different?
8. What different work activities does Kit try her hand at in Chapter 4 and how does she handle them?
9. What causes a tense moment between Dr. Bulkeley and Matthew while they are dining together at the Woods' house after prayer meeting?
10. What does Mercy tell Kit happened to Rachel's two sons?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)