|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kit think of the fields of the Great Meadow?
(a) That they are beautiful.
(b) That they are very plain.
(c) That they smell.
(d) That there are too many bugs.
2. How does Kit react to teaching the young children?
(a) She thinks it is better than nothing.
(b) She thinks it is too hard and would rather do manual labor.
(c) She finds it quite dull.
(d) She enjoys it.
3. Who raises Kit?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her older sister.
(d) Her older brother.
4. What does Mercy tell Kit about their life in Wethersfield?
(a) She tells Kit not to worry about anything.
(b) That life is easy.
(c) That life is very hard for them.
(d) That life has its ups and downs.
5. What does William ask Matthew in Chapter 6?
(a) For a place to stay.
(b) For a job.
(c) For permission to court Kit.
(d) For permission to court Judith.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many young children are in Mercy's class?
2. What is the religion of Kit's relatives in Wethersfield?
3. What type of home does Kit grown up in?
4. Whom does Judith declare she is going to marry?
5. Who comes to Kit's defense when Matthew gets angry about Kit's outfit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Matthew's opinion and fear about the coming of the new governor to the Colonies?
2. How do her cousins respond to Kit's inability to do chores?
3. What does Mercy tell Kit happened to Rachel's two sons?
4. How does Nat first meet Hannah?
5. What different work activities does Kit try her hand at in Chapter 4 and how does she handle them?
6. Why are the schoolmaster and reverend upset when they come to the class to observe Mercy and Kit teaching?
7. Who is John Holbrook and what warning does he give to Kit Tyler while they are aboard the Dolphin?
8. What role does Kit think Mercy plays in the Wood household?
9. How does Rachel defend her niece's prayer-meeting attire to Matthew?
10. What is the reaction Kit receives when she jumps into the water to rescue the dropped doll?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)