|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kit consider Mercy to be?
(a) A weakened person.
(b) The family jokester.
(c) Everyone's comfort.
(d) The most somber little girl.
2. Whose reaction does Judith wonder about when they see her in the new clothes?
(c) Her father's.
(d) Her mother's.
3. When Kit arrives in Wethersfield, who is there to meet her?
(a) A slave woman.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her cousins.
(d) No one.
4. Where is Kit to sleep her first night in the Colony?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In Mercy's bed.
(c) On the floor.
(d) In Judith's bed.
5. What happens to Rachel's first son?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He dies of fever.
(c) He drowns in the marshy pond.
(d) He gets lost in the nearby forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Prudence accidentally drop in the water?
2. How does Kit describe her Aunt's home?
3. What state seems to be taking longer accepting a governor appointed by the monarchy?
4. How do Kit's cousins respond to her many fancy and colorful gowns?
5. Which king gives the charter to the colonists?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the new people that Kit meets after prayer meeting?
2. When they leave the morning prayer service, what news is Kit appalled to learn?
3. On the journey up the river to Wethersfield, what observations does Kit make about some of her fellow passengers?
4. In Chapter 2, what information does the reader learn about Kit's parents?
5. What different work activities does Kit try her hand at in Chapter 4 and how does she handle them?
6. How are Mercy and Kit's approaches to teaching the children different?
7. How does Kit's aunt receive her niece?
8. What leisure activity is John shocked to discover Kit does and why is he shocked?
9. How is the town of Saybrook described?
10. How do her cousins respond to Kit's inability to do chores?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)