|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What additional gift does Kit convince Judith to take with the clothes she has already given her?
(a) A bonnet.
(b) Some shoes.
(c) A satchel.
(d) Some stockings.
2. What does Kit think of the fields of the Great Meadow?
(a) That they are very plain.
(b) That they smell.
(c) That there are too many bugs.
(d) That they are beautiful.
3. What does William mention he is intending to build?
(a) A new wagon.
(b) A house for himself.
(c) A chicken coop.
(d) A plantation.
4. What meal does Kit try to help make?
(b) Corn pudding.
(c) Soda bread.
5. It is common knowledge that once William decides on a wife, he will do what?
(a) Have a purpose.
(b) Finally study to become a pastor.
(c) Start building a house.
(d) Move to the big city.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Kit received when her aunt learns that she has come to live with them?
2. What does Kit consider Mercy to be?
3. Hannah is kind to Kit. What does she do that shows Kit kindness?
4. What does the author note in Chapter 6 that is a touchy subject in Wethersfield?
5. What does William think that his new responsibility will enable him to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rachel respond when she learns that Kit is spending time with Hannah?
2. How is her relatives' house in the Colony different than Kit's house in Barbados?
3. When the guests leave in Chapter 7, what do Mercy and Judith share with Kit and how does this make her feel?
4. How does Matthew react when he sees the dresses Kit has given his daughters?
5. How does the author describe Kit's relatives?
6. What story does Kit share with her relatives when she first arrives, telling them how she came to be penniless?
7. What is Matthew's opinion and fear about the coming of the new governor to the Colonies?
8. What happens when Kit first arrives in Wethersfield?
9. Describe Hannah's first interaction with Kit.
10. What is William's initial opinion of the king's appointed governor coming to the Colonies?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)