|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Hannah's physical appearance seems to frighten Kit?
(a) The nasty scar on her forehead.
(b) Her crooked nose.
(c) Her toothless smile.
(d) Her scraggly hair.
2. What rumor is Mrs. Cruff spreading about Kit on their boat ride to Wethersfield?
(a) That Kit was raised by wolves.
(b) That Kit is a witch.
(c) That Kit is a boy.
(d) That Kit cannot speak.
3. How many trunks full of her belongings does Kit bring to Wethersfield?
4. What does Hannah do when she sees Kit crying in the Great Meadow?
(a) She starts crying too.
(b) She yells at Kit to go away.
(c) She does nothing but stare at Kit.
(d) She goes out and invites Kit to her house.
5. Which king gives the charter to the colonists?
(a) King James.
(b) King Edward VI.
(c) King Henry XI.
(d) King Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Kit's grandfather dies, what happens to the plantation and Kit's wealth?
2. How does Rachel respond when she hears about Kit spending time with Hannah?
3. After service, Dr. Bulkeley and who else are invited to the Woods' for dinner?
4. What is Kit surprised to hear when they are leaving her first prayer meeting?
5. Why were Hannah and her husband not allowed to stay in town when they arrived in Connecticut?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Judith respond when Rachel suggests that she share her bed with Kit?
2. How does Kit feel about being out in the sun as she heads to the Great Meadow?
3. What does Mercy tell Kit happened to Rachel's two sons?
4. What information does Judith share with Kit about the Great Meadow?
5. How is the town of Saybrook described?
6. How is her relatives' house in the Colony different than Kit's house in Barbados?
7. In Chapter 6, what role is Andros playing in the Colonies?
8. Who is John Holbrook and what warning does he give to Kit Tyler while they are aboard the Dolphin?
9. What special prayer does the revered make in the next prayer service and what is Kit's opinion of this?
10. When they leave the morning prayer service, what news is Kit appalled to learn?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)