|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Kit seem to have made quite an impression on and is introduced to after the service?
(a) Dr. Bulkeley.
(b) Peter Turner.
(c) William Ashby.
(d) John Carter.
2. Where is the school that Mercy teaches the young children?
(a) The Meeting House.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The schoolhouse.
(d) The Woods' kitchen.
3. Why is Matthew angry about what Kit is wearing to prayer meeting?
(a) He finds her clothes scandalous.
(b) He thinks she looks nicer than he does and is bothered.
(c) He thinks she looks too pretty.
(d) He thinks it will cause others to be jealous.
4. Where do Hannah and her husband walk from to Wethersfield?
(d) New Hampshire.
5. What does the overseer of Kit's grandfather's plantation do?
(a) He embezzles from her grandfather and runs off.
(b) He helps Kit move to her aunt's.
(c) He increases the plantation's wealth.
(d) He helps Kit when her grandfather dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the schoolmaster and the reverend do when they come into the class and see the children playing make-believe?
2. What happens to Rachel's first son?
3. When Kit finds out that the Woods have no servants, how does she feel?
4. How does Rachel respond when she hears about Kit spending time with Hannah?
5. Who is Dr. Bulkeley?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe Kit's relatives?
2. How does Rachel defend her niece's prayer-meeting attire to Matthew?
3. How does Kit's aunt receive her niece?
4. How are Mercy and Kit's approaches to teaching the children different?
5. On the journey up the river to Wethersfield, what observations does Kit make about some of her fellow passengers?
6. Who is John Holbrook and what warning does he give to Kit Tyler while they are aboard the Dolphin?
7. What information does Judith share with Kit about the Great Meadow?
8. How is the town of Saybrook described?
9. In Chapter 6, what role is Andros playing in the Colonies?
10. Who in the community and in the Wood family is expected to go to prayer meeting?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)