|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William ask Matthew in Chapter 6?
(a) For permission to court Kit.
(b) For permission to court Judith.
(c) For a job.
(d) For a place to stay.
2. How does Kit find the work of weeding the onion patch?
(a) She finds that it is over quickly.
(b) She finds it enjoyable.
(c) She finds it quite relaxing.
(d) She finds it very strenuous.
3. What does Kit tend to do at the end of each class?
(a) Sing a song.
(b) Tell the children stories.
(c) Repeat the Pledge of Allegiance.
(d) Recite the Lord's Prayer.
4. Why does Kit jump off the boat and into the water in Chapter 1?
(a) Because it is very hot.
(b) Because the ship is sinking and everyone has to.
(c) To save someone's life.
(d) To retrieve what Prudence had dropped.
5. In Chapter 7, what important responsibility has William recently been given?
(a) Builder of the new Meeting House.
(b) Viewer of Fences.
(c) Lead choir singer.
(d) Community organizer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does no one live in the Great Meadow?
2. What day is prayer meeting held?
3. What is Mr. Holbrook studying to be?
4. What familiar person does Kit meet again at the Meeting House?
5. In chapter one, how do people seem to respond to Kit jumping in the water?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hannah's first interaction with Kit.
2. How does Kit feel about being out in the sun as she heads to the Great Meadow?
3. How does Rachel respond when she learns that Kit is spending time with Hannah?
4. What leisure activity is John shocked to discover Kit does and why is he shocked?
5. What information does Judith share with Kit about the Great Meadow?
6. When they leave the morning prayer service, what news is Kit appalled to learn?
7. In Chapter 2, what information does the reader learn about Kit's parents?
8. On the journey up the river to Wethersfield, what observations does Kit make about some of her fellow passengers?
9. What story does Kit share with her relatives when she first arrives, telling them how she came to be penniless?
10. How does Nat first meet Hannah?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)