|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Until moving to the colonies, what role does religion play in Kit's life?
(a) It is important, but she follows a different religion than the Woods.
(b) It was very important to her, but she abandons it.
(c) Not a very big role.
(d) It is still important to her.
2. What type of political outlook does Kit's grandfather adhere to?
3. What does the author note in Chapter 6 that is a touchy subject in Wethersfield?
(c) Womens' rights.
4. When Matthew returns home and sees the new clothes, what does he do?
(a) He pretends that he likes the dresses.
(b) He does not really notice.
(c) He demands that his daughters return the clothes.
(d) He thanks Kit profusely.
5. What is the name of the port where Kit first goes ashore on her way to Wethersfield?
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Matthew Wood from having a larger plot in the meadow?
2. What does Kit tend to do at the end of each class?
3. How do Kit's cousins respond to her many fancy and colorful gowns?
4. What is Mr. Holbrook studying to be?
5. In chapter one, how do people seem to respond to Kit jumping in the water?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leisure activity is John shocked to discover Kit does and why is he shocked?
2. How does Kit feel when William Ashby comes to court her?
3. How does Judith respond when Rachel suggests that she share her bed with Kit?
4. What is the reaction Kit receives when she jumps into the water to rescue the dropped doll?
5. What role does Kit think Mercy plays in the Wood household?
6. Who is John Holbrook and what warning does he give to Kit Tyler while they are aboard the Dolphin?
7. Who are the new people that Kit meets after prayer meeting?
8. What does Judith share about the person who lives in the little house near the marshy pond?
9. How do her cousins respond to Kit's inability to do chores?
10. What causes a tense moment between Dr. Bulkeley and Matthew while they are dining together at the Woods' house after prayer meeting?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)