|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kit think of the fields of the Great Meadow?
(a) That they smell.
(b) That there are too many bugs.
(c) That they are beautiful.
(d) That they are very plain.
2. What happens when Kit begins to help with the chores?
(a) She is bad at a few but excellent at the cooking.
(b) She is not very fast at the chores, but they get done.
(c) She helps greatly and makes everthing easier.
(d) She finds them difficult and is not very good at them.
3. Which king gives the charter to the colonists?
(a) King Edward VI.
(b) King James.
(c) King Charles.
(d) King Henry XI.
4. Whose reaction does Judith wonder about when they see her in the new clothes?
(a) Her mother's.
(b) Her father's.
5. Who teaches Kit how to read?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her maidservant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state seems to be taking longer accepting a governor appointed by the monarchy?
2. After observing the Cruffs, how does Kit view them?
3. Who is the only member of the Wood family not expected to attend prayer meeting?
4. What does Hannah do to raise some money to pay for taxes and fines?
5. What happens to Rachel's first son?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hannah's first interaction with Kit.
2. How is the town of Saybrook described?
3. What role does Kit think Mercy plays in the Wood household?
4. How does Rachel respond when she learns that Kit is spending time with Hannah?
5. What is William's initial opinion of the king's appointed governor coming to the Colonies?
6. How does Judith respond when Rachel suggests that she share her bed with Kit?
7. Why are the schoolmaster and reverend upset when they come to the class to observe Mercy and Kit teaching?
8. How does Matthew react when he sees the dresses Kit has given his daughters?
9. In Chapter 2, what information does the reader learn about Kit's parents?
10. What does Mercy tell Kit happened to Rachel's two sons?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)