|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author note in Chapter 6 that is a touchy subject in Wethersfield?
(a) Womens' rights.
2. Where do Hannah and her husband walk from to Wethersfield?
(a) New Hampshire.
3. Who comes to Kit's defense when Matthew gets angry about Kit's outfit?
(b) No one.
4. What familiar person does Kit meet again at the Meeting House?
(b) Mrs. Eaton.
(d) Mrs. Cruff.
5. After Kit's grandfather dies, what happens to the plantation and Kit's wealth?
(a) Nothing. She still owns it all but does not want to live alone.
(b) It is given to the first male heir.
(c) It all burns in an accidental fire.
(d) She has to sell it all to pay her grandfather's debts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Bulkeley?
2. What does Mercy tell Kit about their life in Wethersfield?
3. Where is the school that Mercy teaches the young children?
4. Who is named by England as governor of the Colonies?
5. What is Kit surprised to hear when they are leaving her first prayer meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Judith respond when Rachel suggests that she share her bed with Kit?
2. How does Kit feel when William Ashby comes to court her?
3. When they leave the morning prayer service, what news is Kit appalled to learn?
4. What does Prudence do and say in Kit's favor during her trial?
5. Why are the schoolmaster and reverend upset when they come to the class to observe Mercy and Kit teaching?
6. How do her cousins respond to Kit's inability to do chores?
7. How does the author describe Kit's relatives?
8. When does corn husking take place and what is done at a corn husking?
9. What different work activities does Kit try her hand at in Chapter 4 and how does she handle them?
10. How do Kit and Nat help Hannah stay safe as the mob of angry townspeople come for her?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)