|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does no one live in the Great Meadow?
(a) Because it floods every spring.
(b) Because it is an ancient Indian burial ground.
(c) Because it is too far from town.
(d) Because the governor has declared it off-limits to the Colonies.
2. What happens to Rachel's first son?
(a) He dies of fever.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He gets lost in the nearby forest.
(d) He drowns in the marshy pond.
3. What familiar person does Kit meet again at the Meeting House?
(a) Mrs. Eaton.
(d) Mrs. Cruff.
4. What happens to Kit's grandfather that causes his death?
(a) He drowns while swimming in the ocean.
(b) He becomes ill.
(c) Someone poisons him.
(d) He is wounded in a farming accident.
5. What does Kit mention the Dolphin smells like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal does Kit try to help make?
2. Where does Hannah live?
3. Whom does Judith declare she is going to marry?
4. In Chapter 7, what important responsibility has William recently been given?
5. It is common knowledge that once William decides on a wife, he will do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rachel respond when she learns that Kit is spending time with Hannah?
2. How is her relatives' house in the Colony different than Kit's house in Barbados?
3. How does Kit feel about being out in the sun as she heads to the Great Meadow?
4. When the guests leave in Chapter 7, what do Mercy and Judith share with Kit and how does this make her feel?
5. What causes a tense moment between Dr. Bulkeley and Matthew while they are dining together at the Woods' house after prayer meeting?
6. What different work activities does Kit try her hand at in Chapter 4 and how does she handle them?
7. What special prayer does the revered make in the next prayer service and what is Kit's opinion of this?
8. How does Nat first meet Hannah?
9. How is the town of Saybrook described?
10. How does Kit feel when William Ashby comes to court her?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)