|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Hannah and her husband not allowed to stay in town when they arrived in Connecticut?
(a) Because of their skin color.
(b) The branded scars on their foreheads.
(c) The fact that they did not originally speak English.
(d) Because they were not married correctly.
2. What does William think about the new governor of the Colonies appointed by the King?
(a) He has no opinion and does not like talking about politics.
(b) He thinks the colonies should be left alone by England.
(c) He despises the governor but thinks another one would be good.
(d) He thinks the colonies should accept the governor.
3. What does Mercy tell Kit about their life in Wethersfield?
(a) That life is very hard for them.
(b) That life has its ups and downs.
(c) She tells Kit not to worry about anything.
(d) That life is easy.
4. What story does Kit have the students act out?
(a) The Good Samaritan.
(b) The story of Esther.
(c) Jonah and the Whale.
(d) Moses and the Exodus of the Israelites.
5. How does Rachel respond when she hears about Kit spending time with Hannah?
(a) She is angery and yells at Kit.
(b) She thinks it is nice of Kit.
(c) She is very distressed to hear it.
(d) She is slightly worried but overall thinks it is fine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is prayer meeting held?
2. Where do Kit's father and mother meet?
3. What does William ask Matthew in Chapter 6?
4. What does William mention he is intending to build?
5. Which members of the Wethersfield community are expected to go to the meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what role is Andros playing in the Colonies?
2. When the guests leave in Chapter 7, what do Mercy and Judith share with Kit and how does this make her feel?
3. What is William's initial opinion of the king's appointed governor coming to the Colonies?
4. In Chapter 2, what information does the reader learn about Kit's parents?
5. What role does Kit think Mercy plays in the Wood household?
6. How do Prudence's parents view her and treat her?
7. What does Mercy tell Kit happened to Rachel's two sons?
8. When Nat comes back to dock in May, what does he tell Kit?
9. How does Rachel defend her niece's prayer-meeting attire to Matthew?
10. What causes a tense moment between Dr. Bulkeley and Matthew while they are dining together at the Woods' house after prayer meeting?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)