|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kit consider Mercy to be?
(a) Everyone's comfort.
(b) The family jokester.
(c) A weakened person.
(d) The most somber little girl.
2. What does Kit mention the Dolphin smells like?
3. What does Hannah do to raise some money to pay for taxes and fines?
(a) She sells bread.
(b) She sells vegetables.
(c) She spins flax for some of the townspeople.
(d) She knits socks and blankets.
4. What do the Puritans consider the Quakers?
(a) Troublemakers and heretics.
(b) Devil worshippers.
(c) Fellow Christians.
(d) Brothers in the Lord.
5. Where is the school that Mercy teaches the young children?
(a) The Meeting House.
(b) The schoolhouse.
(c) The town hall.
(d) The Woods' kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John Holbrook view reading?
2. What opinion does Dr. Bulkeley mention that upsets Matthew?
3. How many days does it take the boat to make its way up the river to Wethersfield?
4. When Matthew Wood finds out how much luggage Kit has brought with her, what is his response?
5. Whose reaction does Judith wonder about when they see her in the new clothes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is her relatives' house in the Colony different than Kit's house in Barbados?
2. What is William's initial opinion of the king's appointed governor coming to the Colonies?
3. What special prayer does the revered make in the next prayer service and what is Kit's opinion of this?
4. Who in the community and in the Wood family is expected to go to prayer meeting?
5. In Chapter 6, what role is Andros playing in the Colonies?
6. How does the author describe Kit's relatives?
7. Who are the new people that Kit meets after prayer meeting?
8. What role does Kit think Mercy plays in the Wood household?
9. How does Kit's aunt receive her niece?
10. Who are the Cruffs?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)