|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is named by England as governor of the Colonies?
2. Where do Hannah and her husband walk from to Wethersfield?
(a) New Hampshire.
3. Who raises Kit?
(a) Her older brother.
(b) Her older sister.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her grandfather.
4. Which members of the Wethersfield community are expected to go to the meeting?
(b) Men only.
(c) Adults only.
(d) Women only.
5. What do the schoolmaster and the reverend do when they come into the class and see the children playing make-believe?
(a) They do nothing and sit in silence.
(b) They scold the class and the teachers and leave.
(c) They clap and encourage the students.
(d) They dismiss Kit as a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter one, how do people seem to respond to Kit jumping in the water?
2. What group of people does Kit see at the port dressed in somber colors and styles?
3. How does Kit feel about having to go to prayer meeting?
4. When Kit finds out that the Woods have no servants, how does she feel?
5. How many trunks full of her belongings does Kit bring to Wethersfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kit feel when William Ashby comes to court her?
2. What leisure activity is John shocked to discover Kit does and why is he shocked?
3. How does Rachel defend her niece's prayer-meeting attire to Matthew?
4. How does the author describe Kit's relatives?
5. What does Judith share about the person who lives in the little house near the marshy pond?
6. In Chapter 2, what information does the reader learn about Kit's parents?
7. How are Mercy and Kit's approaches to teaching the children different?
8. How does Rachel respond when she learns that Kit is spending time with Hannah?
9. In Chapter 6, what role is Andros playing in the Colonies?
10. What happens when Kit first arrives in Wethersfield?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)