|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nat view slavery?
(a) He believes it is good and right.
(b) He is vehemently against it.
(c) He could care less either way.
(d) He is not sure how he feels about it.
2. After Kit's grandfather dies, what happens to the plantation and Kit's wealth?
(a) It all burns in an accidental fire.
(b) She has to sell it all to pay her grandfather's debts.
(c) Nothing. She still owns it all but does not want to live alone.
(d) It is given to the first male heir.
3. What does Mercy tell Kit about their life in Wethersfield?
(a) She tells Kit not to worry about anything.
(b) That life has its ups and downs.
(c) That life is very hard for them.
(d) That life is easy.
4. What item does Prudence accidentally drop in the water?
(a) Her parisol.
(b) Her lunch.
(c) Her doll.
(d) Her eyeglasses.
5. How many trunks full of her belongings does Kit bring to Wethersfield?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mercy crippled?
2. Where does Hannah live?
3. Why does Kit jump off the boat and into the water in Chapter 1?
4. What happens when Kit begins to help with the chores?
5. What does Hannah do to raise some money to pay for taxes and fines?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is her relatives' house in the Colony different than Kit's house in Barbados?
2. What information does Judith share with Kit about the Great Meadow?
3. On the journey up the river to Wethersfield, what observations does Kit make about some of her fellow passengers?
4. How does Judith respond when Rachel suggests that she share her bed with Kit?
5. What different work activities does Kit try her hand at in Chapter 4 and how does she handle them?
6. What role does Kit think Mercy plays in the Wood household?
7. Who are the new people that Kit meets after prayer meeting?
8. What causes a tense moment between Dr. Bulkeley and Matthew while they are dining together at the Woods' house after prayer meeting?
9. How does Nat first meet Hannah?
10. How is the town of Saybrook described?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)