|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nat think to take Hannah to keep her safe?
(a) To stay with his grandmother.
(b) To a new colony called Florida.
(c) On his boat to Barbados.
(d) To England.
2. Who comes to visit Kit when she is locked away as a prisoner?
(b) Her aunt Rachel.
(c) William Ashby.
3. How does Kit's trial end?
(a) She is sentenced to the stocks.
(b) She is acquitted of all charges.
(c) She is warmly apologized to by Mrs. Cruff and the community.
(d) She is officially labeled a witch.
4. What does Kit realize one day as she watches her uncle gazing at his land?
(a) How hard he has had to fight for it.
(b) How much she dislikes her uncle.
(c) How similiar her uncle and Mercy look.
(d) How much her uncle reminds her of her father.
5. How does the first snowfall of winter affect Kit?
(a) She is fascinated by it.
(b) It makes her angry that she lives in the snow.
(c) It makes her sad.
(d) She thinks it makes everything ugly.
6. What does Judith announce as they are working to husk corn?
(a) That she is going to make John propose.
(b) That she is in love with Nat.
(c) That she is in love with William.
(d) That she never wants to marry.
7. Who is governor of the Connecticut Colony by Chapter 15?
(a) Sir Charles.
(c) None of the above.
(d) The reverend.
8. What holiday does the new governor decide to change the date of?
(a) The winter solstice.
9. Who comes to the Woods' house to help with Mercy in Chapter 17?
(a) Dr. Bulkeley.
(c) The governor.
(d) John Holbrook.
10. What changes in Prudence does the reader see in Chapter 16?
(a) There really are no changes.
(b) She is very sick.
(c) She is now a happy and confident girl.
(d) She has grown very tall.
11. What is the punishment for all of Kit's so-called crimes?
(c) Two years in prison.
12. Who is there to comfort Judith when there is no news of John Holbrook's fate as a militiaman?
(a) Mr. Rogers.
13. When the Dolphin is back in port, what does Nat bring back for Hannah?
(a) A new basket.
(b) Some cloth.
(c) A puppy.
14. What food item does Rachel give to Kit to take to Hannah?
(b) A tart.
(c) A jug of milk.
(d) A sandwich.
15. What about autumn enchants Kit?
(a) The leaves falling.
(b) The many changing colors.
(c) The thoughts of snow coming soon.
(d) The coming holidays.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the townspeople want to arrest Kit?
2. When do the settlers get together to husk the corn?
3. Where do they lock Kit when she is arrested?
4. How does Matthew react when he learns that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
5. Not long after John's departure, what happens to Judith?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)