|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is governor of the Connecticut Colony by Chapter 15?
(a) The reverend.
(c) Sir Charles.
(d) None of the above.
2. With the coming of winter, what is Kit's emotional state?
(a) She is mellow.
(b) She is angry and snippy.
(c) She is happy and excited.
(d) She is lonely and depressed.
3. What author does Kit discover Nat enjoys reading?
4. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
(a) They take to each other immediately.
(b) They are wary of each other and take a long time to grow on each other.
(c) They tolerate each other.
(d) They hate each other.
5. Now that there is a new governor in Connecticut, what will increase?
(b) The amount of land each colonists owns.
(c) Religious freedom.
(d) Political freedom.
6. How does Kit's trial end?
(a) She is officially labeled a witch.
(b) She is acquitted of all charges.
(c) She is warmly apologized to by Mrs. Cruff and the community.
(d) She is sentenced to the stocks.
7. Where does Nat think to take Hannah to keep her safe?
(a) To England.
(b) To stay with his grandmother.
(c) To a new colony called Florida.
(d) On his boat to Barbados.
8. What does the act of hiding the charter mean to the king?
(a) The king does not consider it anything worth worrying about.
(b) It is an act showing support for the king.
(c) It is an act of serious insubordination.
(d) It is initially disrespectful to the king but nothing more.
9. Whom does John tell Kit he is in love with?
10. Why does Hannah not want to leave her home at first even though Kit tells her of the angry crowd?
(a) Because Quakers do not run.
(b) Because she is afraid of being far away from her house.
(c) Because she does not believe Kit at first.
(d) Because she has nowhere to go.
11. It is summer; what little anonymous gift has Kit been receiving?
(a) Paper dolls.
(c) Pretty pebbles.
12. What does Nat insist on doing after dinner at Hannah's?
(a) Having dessert.
(b) Playing a game of cards.
(c) Walking Kit home.
(d) Reading out loud.
13. What is Kit's response when William proposes?
(a) She says nothing and runs away.
(b) She says yes right away.
(c) She says no right away.
(d) She admits that she is still unsure
14. Who comes into town with reports from the militia?
(a) Two militiamen.
(d) The governor.
15. When Matthew initially hears of the townspeople trying to go after Hannah, how does he respond?
(a) He tries to dissuade them.
(b) He is too worried about his daughter to care.
(c) He tells them to do what they think is best, but he will not join.
(d) He decides to join them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John think when he hears that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
2. Who is the thin, bedraggled man who suddenly shows up at the Woods' door one winter night?
3. How does the first snowfall of winter affect Kit?
4. In Chapter 11, what does Kit notice as John Holbrook reads aloud to the group in the Woods' house?
5. What does Kit confide to Hannah when she brings her Nat's gift?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)