|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is there to comfort Judith when there is no news of John Holbrook's fate as a militiaman?
(b) Mr. Rogers.
2. What about autumn enchants Kit?
(a) The leaves falling.
(b) The coming holidays.
(c) The many changing colors.
(d) The thoughts of snow coming soon.
3. Where does Prudence meet with Kit to learn to read?
(a) The Great Meadow.
(b) The Meeting House.
(c) The library.
(d) The Woods' house.
4. What animal do the townspeople think Hannah has turned herself into in order to escape?
(a) A crow.
(b) A spider.
(c) A rat.
(d) A snake.
5. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
(a) That she can do anything she puts her mind to.
(b) That she is too stupid to learn to read.
(c) That she can learn if she tries and works hard.
(d) That she is the smartest girl.
6. What does Kit realize one day as she watches her uncle gazing at his land?
(a) How similiar her uncle and Mercy look.
(b) How much her uncle reminds her of her father.
(c) How much she dislikes her uncle.
(d) How hard he has had to fight for it.
7. Where do they lock Kit when she is arrested?
(a) In a shed at the constable's house.
(b) In a cell at the local jailhouse.
(c) In the stocks in the center of town.
(d) In the basement of the Meeting House.
8. Where do Kit and Prudence decide to hide the hornbook?
(a) Under Kit's bed.
(b) Hannah's house.
(c) Under the pews in the Meeting House.
(d) William's house.
9. How does the first snowfall of winter affect Kit?
(a) She is fascinated by it.
(b) It makes her sad.
(c) She thinks it makes everything ugly.
(d) It makes her angry that she lives in the snow.
10. Who comes to visit Kit when she is locked away as a prisoner?
(a) Her aunt Rachel.
(b) William Ashby.
11. What are those individuals called who are against the rule of the king in the colonies?
12. Who leads the party that has come to arrest Kit?
(a) Mr. Kimberley.
(c) Mr. Holbrook.
(d) Mrs. Cruff.
13. Who hides the charter from the new governor?
14. When do the settlers get together to husk the corn?
(a) After Lent.
(b) In the autumn.
(c) After the harvest.
(d) Every Easter.
15. What does Kit confide to Hannah when she brings her Nat's gift?
(a) She tells Hannah she is not sure about William's proposal.
(b) She tells Hannah that Nat is in trouble.
(c) She tells Hannah that she might want to be a Quaker.
(d) She tells Hannah that she is thinking of going to England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the Woods' house to help with Mercy in Chapter 17?
2. How does Nat speak to Kit when the Dolphin returns to Wethersfield?
3. What does Nat insist on doing after dinner at Hannah's?
4. It is summer; what little anonymous gift has Kit been receiving?
5. Why does Hannah not want to leave her home at first even though Kit tells her of the angry crowd?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)