|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is left out again from the corn-husking festivities?
2. What "proof" about Kit is found at Hannah's house?
(a) Her handkerchief.
(b) Her picture.
(c) Her notebook.
(d) Her Bible.
3. In Chapter 11, what does Kit notice as John Holbrook reads aloud to the group in the Woods' house?
(a) How much she loves him.
(b) How handsome he is.
(c) The way that he and Judith seem to be meant for each other.
(d) The loving way Mercy is looking at him.
4. What does Kit realize one day as she watches her uncle gazing at his land?
(a) How similiar her uncle and Mercy look.
(b) How hard he has had to fight for it.
(c) How much she dislikes her uncle.
(d) How much her uncle reminds her of her father.
5. When do the settlers get together to husk the corn?
(a) After the harvest.
(b) After Lent.
(c) In the autumn.
(d) Every Easter.
6. When the Dolphin is back in port, what does Nat bring back for Hannah?
(a) A new basket.
(b) A puppy.
(c) Some cloth.
7. What animal do the townspeople think Hannah has turned herself into in order to escape?
(a) A crow.
(b) A spider.
(c) A rat.
(d) A snake.
8. Who is governor of the Connecticut Colony by Chapter 15?
(a) The reverend.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Sir Charles.
9. What changes in Prudence does the reader see in Chapter 16?
(a) She is now a happy and confident girl.
(b) She has grown very tall.
(c) She is very sick.
(d) There really are no changes.
10. What does Judith announce as they are working to husk corn?
(a) That she is in love with William.
(b) That she never wants to marry.
(c) That she is in love with Nat.
(d) That she is going to make John propose.
11. What author does Kit discover Nat enjoys reading?
12. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
(a) That she is the smartest girl.
(b) That she can learn if she tries and works hard.
(c) That she is too stupid to learn to read.
(d) That she can do anything she puts her mind to.
13. Where do they lock Kit when she is arrested?
(a) In the basement of the Meeting House.
(b) In a cell at the local jailhouse.
(c) In a shed at the constable's house.
(d) In the stocks in the center of town.
14. Whom does John tell Kit he is in love with?
15. Who comes to the Woods' house to help with Mercy in Chapter 17?
(b) John Holbrook.
(c) Dr. Bulkeley.
(d) The governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor does Nat hear when he returns with the Dolphin to Wethersfield?
2. How does the first snowfall of winter affect Kit?
3. Who tries to defend Kit in court?
4. Now that there is a new governor in Connecticut, what will increase?
5. What does the act of hiding the charter mean to the king?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)