|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William's response to Kit's trial make her realize?
(a) That she likes him enough to marry him.
(b) That she hates the sight of him.
(c) That she is completely in love with him.
(d) That she cannot depend on him.
2. What are those individuals called who are against the rule of the king in the colonies?
3. What do some rowdy sailors put in the windows of the house William is building?
(a) Sinful pictures.
(c) Quaker religious symbols.
(d) Indian relics.
4. Where does Prudence meet with Kit to learn to read?
(a) The library.
(b) The Woods' house.
(c) The Great Meadow.
(d) The Meeting House.
5. What does Kit realize one day as she watches her uncle gazing at his land?
(a) How much her uncle reminds her of her father.
(b) How much she dislikes her uncle.
(c) How hard he has had to fight for it.
(d) How similiar her uncle and Mercy look.
6. Not long after John's departure, what happens to Judith?
(a) She realizes that she is in love with someone else.
(b) She decides to become a nun.
(c) She states that she does not want to live in the Colony anymore.
(d) She comes down with fever.
7. It is summer; what little anonymous gift has Kit been receiving?
(c) Paper dolls.
(d) Pretty pebbles.
8. What rumor does Nat hear when he returns with the Dolphin to Wethersfield?
(a) That William has been branded a Quaker.
(b) That William plans on marrying Kit.
(c) That William has decided to move to England.
(d) That William is already married.
9. What is the punishment for all of Kit's so-called crimes?
(b) Two years in prison.
10. Who hides the charter from the new governor?
11. Who is governor of the Connecticut Colony by Chapter 15?
(b) The reverend.
(c) Sir Charles.
(d) None of the above.
12. What does Judith announce as they are working to husk corn?
(a) That she is going to make John propose.
(b) That she is in love with Nat.
(c) That she never wants to marry.
(d) That she is in love with William.
13. What does Kit confide to Hannah when she brings her Nat's gift?
(a) She tells Hannah that she might want to be a Quaker.
(b) She tells Hannah that Nat is in trouble.
(c) She tells Hannah she is not sure about William's proposal.
(d) She tells Hannah that she is thinking of going to England.
14. Why do the townspeople want to arrest Kit?
(a) They know that she has helped Hannah escape.
(b) They have decide they do not like people from Barbados.
(c) They are against all newcomers now.
(d) They think Hannah has left her to continue her work.
15. What crimes is Kit charged with at her trial?
(a) Helping a witch escape.
(b) Playing make-believe with children.
(c) Bringing fever down on the children.
(d) Dealing with Satan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes in Prudence does the reader see in Chapter 16?
2. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
3. Who leads the party that has come to arrest Kit?
4. What is Nat doing when Kit arrives at Hannah's in Chapter 12?
5. When Kit arrives at her aunt's house, what disturbing news does she hear about John Holbrook?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)