|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William's response to Kit's trial make her realize?
(a) That she is completely in love with him.
(b) That she hates the sight of him.
(c) That she cannot depend on him.
(d) That she likes him enough to marry him.
2. When Matthew initially hears of the townspeople trying to go after Hannah, how does he respond?
(a) He decides to join them.
(b) He tries to dissuade them.
(c) He is too worried about his daughter to care.
(d) He tells them to do what they think is best, but he will not join.
3. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
(a) That she is too stupid to learn to read.
(b) That she is the smartest girl.
(c) That she can do anything she puts her mind to.
(d) That she can learn if she tries and works hard.
4. Where do Kit and Prudence decide to hide the hornbook?
(a) Under Kit's bed.
(b) Under the pews in the Meeting House.
(c) Hannah's house.
(d) William's house.
5. What do some rowdy sailors put in the windows of the house William is building?
(a) Indian relics.
(c) Sinful pictures.
(d) Quaker religious symbols.
6. What does Judith announce as they are working to husk corn?
(a) That she is in love with William.
(b) That she is going to make John propose.
(c) That she is in love with Nat.
(d) That she never wants to marry.
7. How does the first snowfall of winter affect Kit?
(a) It makes her angry that she lives in the snow.
(b) It makes her sad.
(c) She is fascinated by it.
(d) She thinks it makes everything ugly.
8. What does Kit confide to Hannah when she brings her Nat's gift?
(a) She tells Hannah that Nat is in trouble.
(b) She tells Hannah that she is thinking of going to England.
(c) She tells Hannah she is not sure about William's proposal.
(d) She tells Hannah that she might want to be a Quaker.
9. What does Kit realize one day as she watches her uncle gazing at his land?
(a) How similiar her uncle and Mercy look.
(b) How hard he has had to fight for it.
(c) How much her uncle reminds her of her father.
(d) How much she dislikes her uncle.
10. When do the settlers get together to husk the corn?
(a) After the harvest.
(b) After Lent.
(c) In the autumn.
(d) Every Easter.
11. How does Matthew react when he learns that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
(a) He is indifferent and does not really care.
(b) He is happy that she has been visiting her.
(c) He is angry but eventually understands.
(d) He is angry and forbids her from ever going again.
12. What does Kit confess to Nat?
(a) She is not treated well.
(b) She is not really happy.
(c) She is in love with William.
(d) She hates her family.
13. Why do the townspeople want to arrest Kit?
(a) They are against all newcomers now.
(b) They know that she has helped Hannah escape.
(c) They think Hannah has left her to continue her work.
(d) They have decide they do not like people from Barbados.
14. Who is governor of the Connecticut Colony by Chapter 15?
(a) Sir Charles.
(b) The reverend.
(c) None of the above.
15. What does the act of hiding the charter mean to the king?
(a) It is an act showing support for the king.
(b) The king does not consider it anything worth worrying about.
(c) It is initially disrespectful to the king but nothing more.
(d) It is an act of serious insubordination.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nat think to take Hannah to keep her safe?
2. What does Nat insist on doing after dinner at Hannah's?
3. Who is the thin, bedraggled man who suddenly shows up at the Woods' door one winter night?
4. What author does Kit discover Nat enjoys reading?
5. How does Mr. Cruff respond when his daughter reads the Bible in front of the courtroom?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)