|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumor does Nat hear when he returns with the Dolphin to Wethersfield?
(a) That William plans on marrying Kit.
(b) That William has decided to move to England.
(c) That William is already married.
(d) That William has been branded a Quaker.
2. What does the act of hiding the charter mean to the king?
(a) It is an act of serious insubordination.
(b) The king does not consider it anything worth worrying about.
(c) It is an act showing support for the king.
(d) It is initially disrespectful to the king but nothing more.
3. Who is there to comfort Judith when there is no news of John Holbrook's fate as a militiaman?
(a) Mr. Rogers.
4. What does Kit confess to Nat?
(a) She is not really happy.
(b) She is in love with William.
(c) She is not treated well.
(d) She hates her family.
5. Who leads the party that has come to arrest Kit?
(a) Mr. Holbrook.
(b) Mr. Kimberley.
(c) Mrs. Cruff.
6. Where does Prudence meet with Kit to learn to read?
(a) The Meeting House.
(b) The Great Meadow.
(c) The library.
(d) The Woods' house.
7. Who comes into town with reports from the militia?
(b) Two militiamen.
(c) The governor.
8. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
(a) They are asked to leave the town.
(b) They are put in the stocks.
(c) They are congratulated for their good joke.
(d) They are chastised and told to pray.
9. Who tries to defend Kit in court?
10. What is the punishment for all of Kit's so-called crimes?
(a) Two years in prison.
11. What food item does Rachel give to Kit to take to Hannah?
(a) A jug of milk.
(c) A tart.
(d) A sandwich.
12. Now that there is a new governor in Connecticut, what will increase?
(b) Religious freedom.
(c) Political freedom.
(d) The amount of land each colonists owns.
13. Who is left out again from the corn-husking festivities?
14. Why do the townspeople come to Matthew's door saying they are going to get Hannah?
(a) Because they think she has caused the fever.
(b) Because they saw her being a witch.
(c) Because they need someone to pick on.
(d) Because they think she is in league with the enemy.
15. Who comes to visit Kit when she is locked away as a prisoner?
(a) William Ashby.
(b) Her aunt Rachel.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kit arrives at her aunt's house, what disturbing news does she hear about John Holbrook?
2. What does Nat insist on doing after dinner at Hannah's?
3. Why do the townspeople want to arrest Kit?
4. Who is the thin, bedraggled man who suddenly shows up at the Woods' door one winter night?
5. What do some rowdy sailors put in the windows of the house William is building?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)