|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John think when he hears that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
(a) He disapproves and thinks Hannah is a witch.
(b) He congratulates her on being so kind.
(c) He confesses that he has been visiting her too.
(d) He disapproves but thinks Hannah is a good person.
2. Where do they lock Kit when she is arrested?
(a) In a shed at the constable's house.
(b) In a cell at the local jailhouse.
(c) In the stocks in the center of town.
(d) In the basement of the Meeting House.
3. Who is governor of the Connecticut Colony by Chapter 15?
(a) None of the above.
(c) Sir Charles.
(d) The reverend.
4. What does the act of hiding the charter mean to the king?
(a) It is an act showing support for the king.
(b) It is an act of serious insubordination.
(c) It is initially disrespectful to the king but nothing more.
(d) The king does not consider it anything worth worrying about.
5. How does Kit's trial end?
(a) She is sentenced to the stocks.
(b) She is warmly apologized to by Mrs. Cruff and the community.
(c) She is acquitted of all charges.
(d) She is officially labeled a witch.
6. Where does Nat think to take Hannah to keep her safe?
(a) On his boat to Barbados.
(b) To stay with his grandmother.
(c) To England.
(d) To a new colony called Florida.
7. What changes in Prudence does the reader see in Chapter 16?
(a) There really are no changes.
(b) She is very sick.
(c) She has grown very tall.
(d) She is now a happy and confident girl.
8. What does William's response to Kit's trial make her realize?
(a) That she is completely in love with him.
(b) That she hates the sight of him.
(c) That she likes him enough to marry him.
(d) That she cannot depend on him.
9. What is Nat doing when Kit arrives at Hannah's in Chapter 12?
(a) Making candles.
(b) Fixing the roof.
(d) Helping to build a fence.
10. What is the punishment for all of Kit's so-called crimes?
(d) Two years in prison.
11. Who is the thin, bedraggled man who suddenly shows up at the Woods' door one winter night?
(a) Mr. Kimberley.
12. Who comes into town with reports from the militia?
(b) The governor.
(d) Two militiamen.
13. Who comes to visit Kit when she is locked away as a prisoner?
(a) Her aunt Rachel.
(d) William Ashby.
14. What cargo is Nat's ship carrying in Chapter 14?
(d) English glass.
15. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
(a) They are chastised and told to pray.
(b) They are congratulated for their good joke.
(c) They are asked to leave the town.
(d) They are put in the stocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is left out again from the corn-husking festivities?
2. What do some rowdy sailors put in the windows of the house William is building?
3. Where do Kit and Prudence decide to hide the hornbook?
4. Who comes to the Woods' house to help with Mercy in Chapter 17?
5. How does Nat speak to Kit when the Dolphin returns to Wethersfield?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)