|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Dolphin is back in port, what does Nat bring back for Hannah?
(a) A new basket.
(c) A puppy.
(d) Some cloth.
2. How does Mr. Cruff respond when his daughter reads the Bible in front of the courtroom?
(a) He is proud that she can read.
(b) He is ashamed of her.
(c) He is angry that she can read.
(d) He is furious that she has been spending time with Kit.
3. What cargo is Nat's ship carrying in Chapter 14?
(b) English glass.
4. What food item does Rachel give to Kit to take to Hannah?
(a) A jug of milk.
(b) A tart.
(c) A sandwich.
5. Who is governor of the Connecticut Colony by Chapter 15?
(b) Sir Charles.
(c) None of the above.
(d) The reverend.
6. Who is there to comfort Judith when there is no news of John Holbrook's fate as a militiaman?
(a) Mr. Rogers.
7. Who tries to defend Kit in court?
8. Who comes into town with reports from the militia?
(a) Two militiamen.
(c) The governor.
9. How does Matthew react when he learns that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
(a) He is happy that she has been visiting her.
(b) He is indifferent and does not really care.
(c) He is angry but eventually understands.
(d) He is angry and forbids her from ever going again.
10. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) They are wary of each other and take a long time to grow on each other.
(c) They tolerate each other.
(d) They take to each other immediately.
11. How does Nat speak to Kit when the Dolphin returns to Wethersfield?
(a) He is very friendly.
(b) He speaks to her sarcastically.
(c) He is rather silly and joking.
(d) He speaks to her in a loving manner.
12. What author does Kit discover Nat enjoys reading?
13. Who is the thin, bedraggled man who suddenly shows up at the Woods' door one winter night?
(c) Mr. Kimberley.
14. What does the act of hiding the charter mean to the king?
(a) It is initially disrespectful to the king but nothing more.
(b) It is an act showing support for the king.
(c) The king does not consider it anything worth worrying about.
(d) It is an act of serious insubordination.
15. What does Judith announce as they are working to husk corn?
(a) That she is in love with Nat.
(b) That she never wants to marry.
(c) That she is in love with William.
(d) That she is going to make John propose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do they lock Kit when she is arrested?
2. Why do the townspeople want to arrest Kit?
3. What does Prudence come to the courtroom to do?
4. When Kit arrives at her aunt's house, what disturbing news does she hear about John Holbrook?
5. In Chapter 11, what does Kit notice as John Holbrook reads aloud to the group in the Woods' house?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)