|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Matthew react when he learns that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
(a) He is angry but eventually understands.
(b) He is happy that she has been visiting her.
(c) He is angry and forbids her from ever going again.
(d) He is indifferent and does not really care.
2. Who is the thin, bedraggled man who suddenly shows up at the Woods' door one winter night?
(a) Mr. Kimberley.
3. What holiday does the new governor decide to change the date of?
(d) The winter solstice.
4. What do some rowdy sailors put in the windows of the house William is building?
(a) Indian relics.
(b) Sinful pictures.
(c) Quaker religious symbols.
5. Whom does John tell Kit he is in love with?
6. What does Kit confess to Nat?
(a) She is not really happy.
(b) She hates her family.
(c) She is not treated well.
(d) She is in love with William.
7. When do the settlers get together to husk the corn?
(a) In the autumn.
(b) Every Easter.
(c) After the harvest.
(d) After Lent.
8. Where do Kit and Prudence decide to hide the hornbook?
(a) William's house.
(b) Under the pews in the Meeting House.
(c) Hannah's house.
(d) Under Kit's bed.
9. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
(a) They tolerate each other.
(b) They take to each other immediately.
(c) They hate each other.
(d) They are wary of each other and take a long time to grow on each other.
10. What rumor does Nat hear when he returns with the Dolphin to Wethersfield?
(a) That William has decided to move to England.
(b) That William has been branded a Quaker.
(c) That William plans on marrying Kit.
(d) That William is already married.
11. How does Nat speak to Kit when the Dolphin returns to Wethersfield?
(a) He is rather silly and joking.
(b) He speaks to her in a loving manner.
(c) He is very friendly.
(d) He speaks to her sarcastically.
12. What is Kit's response when William proposes?
(a) She says nothing and runs away.
(b) She says no right away.
(c) She says yes right away.
(d) She admits that she is still unsure
13. What "proof" about Kit is found at Hannah's house?
(a) Her handkerchief.
(b) Her Bible.
(c) Her notebook.
(d) Her picture.
14. Who hides the charter from the new governor?
15. Who tries to defend Kit in court?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is left out again from the corn-husking festivities?
2. Who comes into town with reports from the militia?
3. What changes in Prudence does the reader see in Chapter 16?
4. How does Kit's trial end?
5. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)