|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are those individuals called who are against the rule of the king in the colonies?
2. In response to the new governor, what are some of the colonists calling for?
(a) A week of fasting.
(b) A petition to be signed stating they do not want the governor.
(c) An armed rebellion.
(d) A peaceful protest.
3. What is Kit's response when William proposes?
(a) She says yes right away.
(b) She says no right away.
(c) She says nothing and runs away.
(d) She admits that she is still unsure
4. Whom does John tell Kit he is in love with?
5. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
(a) They are put in the stocks.
(b) They are congratulated for their good joke.
(c) They are asked to leave the town.
(d) They are chastised and told to pray.
6. What cargo is Nat's ship carrying in Chapter 14?
(b) English glass.
7. What crimes is Kit charged with at her trial?
(a) Dealing with Satan.
(b) Helping a witch escape.
(c) Playing make-believe with children.
(d) Bringing fever down on the children.
8. What rumor does Nat hear when he returns with the Dolphin to Wethersfield?
(a) That William has been branded a Quaker.
(b) That William plans on marrying Kit.
(c) That William has decided to move to England.
(d) That William is already married.
9. What does John think when he hears that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
(a) He disapproves and thinks Hannah is a witch.
(b) He congratulates her on being so kind.
(c) He confesses that he has been visiting her too.
(d) He disapproves but thinks Hannah is a good person.
10. How does Mr. Cruff respond when his daughter reads the Bible in front of the courtroom?
(a) He is ashamed of her.
(b) He is angry that she can read.
(c) He is proud that she can read.
(d) He is furious that she has been spending time with Kit.
11. When do the settlers get together to husk the corn?
(a) In the autumn.
(b) After the harvest.
(c) Every Easter.
(d) After Lent.
12. What does William's response to Kit's trial make her realize?
(a) That she likes him enough to marry him.
(b) That she cannot depend on him.
(c) That she is completely in love with him.
(d) That she hates the sight of him.
13. What "proof" about Kit is found at Hannah's house?
(a) Her notebook.
(b) Her handkerchief.
(c) Her picture.
(d) Her Bible.
14. Who is there to comfort Judith when there is no news of John Holbrook's fate as a militiaman?
(c) Mr. Rogers.
15. Who comes to the Woods' house to help with Mercy in Chapter 17?
(a) The governor.
(b) John Holbrook.
(d) Dr. Bulkeley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the party that has come to arrest Kit?
2. How does the first snowfall of winter affect Kit?
3. What does Prudence come to the courtroom to do?
4. Who hides the charter from the new governor?
5. What does Kit confess to Nat?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)