|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does John tell Kit he is in love with?
2. Now that there is a new governor in Connecticut, what will increase?
(b) Political freedom.
(c) Religious freedom.
(d) The amount of land each colonists owns.
3. In Chapter 11, what does Kit notice as John Holbrook reads aloud to the group in the Woods' house?
(a) How much she loves him.
(b) The loving way Mercy is looking at him.
(c) How handsome he is.
(d) The way that he and Judith seem to be meant for each other.
4. Who comes into town with reports from the militia?
(c) The governor.
(d) Two militiamen.
5. Who is left out again from the corn-husking festivities?
6. Where do they lock Kit when she is arrested?
(a) In the stocks in the center of town.
(b) In a cell at the local jailhouse.
(c) In the basement of the Meeting House.
(d) In a shed at the constable's house.
7. What are those individuals called who are against the rule of the king in the colonies?
8. Who is the thin, bedraggled man who suddenly shows up at the Woods' door one winter night?
(b) Mr. Kimberley.
9. What cargo is Nat's ship carrying in Chapter 14?
(c) English glass.
10. What is Kit's response when William proposes?
(a) She says nothing and runs away.
(b) She admits that she is still unsure
(c) She says yes right away.
(d) She says no right away.
11. What does William's response to Kit's trial make her realize?
(a) That she hates the sight of him.
(b) That she cannot depend on him.
(c) That she is completely in love with him.
(d) That she likes him enough to marry him.
12. What does Kit confide to Hannah when she brings her Nat's gift?
(a) She tells Hannah that she is thinking of going to England.
(b) She tells Hannah that Nat is in trouble.
(c) She tells Hannah she is not sure about William's proposal.
(d) She tells Hannah that she might want to be a Quaker.
13. What does Nat insist on doing after dinner at Hannah's?
(a) Walking Kit home.
(b) Having dessert.
(c) Reading out loud.
(d) Playing a game of cards.
14. What "proof" about Kit is found at Hannah's house?
(a) Her handkerchief.
(b) Her notebook.
(c) Her picture.
(d) Her Bible.
15. What changes in Prudence does the reader see in Chapter 16?
(a) She is now a happy and confident girl.
(b) She is very sick.
(c) She has grown very tall.
(d) There really are no changes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Matthew react when he learns that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
2. Where does Prudence meet with Kit to learn to read?
3. What does Kit confess to Nat?
4. What do some rowdy sailors put in the windows of the house William is building?
5. What author does Kit discover Nat enjoys reading?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)