|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nat speak to Kit when the Dolphin returns to Wethersfield?
(a) He speaks to her in a loving manner.
(b) He is rather silly and joking.
(c) He speaks to her sarcastically.
(d) He is very friendly.
2. What are those individuals called who are against the rule of the king in the colonies?
3. What does Nat insist on doing after dinner at Hannah's?
(a) Playing a game of cards.
(b) Reading out loud.
(c) Walking Kit home.
(d) Having dessert.
4. What does the act of hiding the charter mean to the king?
(a) The king does not consider it anything worth worrying about.
(b) It is an act showing support for the king.
(c) It is an act of serious insubordination.
(d) It is initially disrespectful to the king but nothing more.
5. With the coming of winter, what is Kit's emotional state?
(a) She is angry and snippy.
(b) She is mellow.
(c) She is happy and excited.
(d) She is lonely and depressed.
6. What does Kit confide to Hannah when she brings her Nat's gift?
(a) She tells Hannah that she might want to be a Quaker.
(b) She tells Hannah that Nat is in trouble.
(c) She tells Hannah that she is thinking of going to England.
(d) She tells Hannah she is not sure about William's proposal.
7. What "proof" about Kit is found at Hannah's house?
(a) Her notebook.
(b) Her Bible.
(c) Her handkerchief.
(d) Her picture.
8. When Matthew initially hears of the townspeople trying to go after Hannah, how does he respond?
(a) He tries to dissuade them.
(b) He is too worried about his daughter to care.
(c) He decides to join them.
(d) He tells them to do what they think is best, but he will not join.
9. What is the punishment for all of Kit's so-called crimes?
(b) Two years in prison.
10. What does William's response to Kit's trial make her realize?
(a) That she hates the sight of him.
(b) That she likes him enough to marry him.
(c) That she is completely in love with him.
(d) That she cannot depend on him.
11. How does Mr. Cruff respond when his daughter reads the Bible in front of the courtroom?
(a) He is ashamed of her.
(b) He is proud that she can read.
(c) He is angry that she can read.
(d) He is furious that she has been spending time with Kit.
12. Whom does John tell Kit he is in love with?
13. Where does Nat think to take Hannah to keep her safe?
(a) On his boat to Barbados.
(b) To a new colony called Florida.
(c) To stay with his grandmother.
(d) To England.
14. When Kit arrives at her aunt's house, what disturbing news does she hear about John Holbrook?
(a) He has started working for the new governor.
(b) He has given up school to be a sailor.
(c) He has decided that he too loves Kit.
(d) He has joined the militia to fight the Indians.
15. Now that there is a new governor in Connecticut, what will increase?
(b) Political freedom.
(c) Religious freedom.
(d) The amount of land each colonists owns.
Short Answer Questions
1. In response to the new governor, what are some of the colonists calling for?
2. Who is left out again from the corn-husking festivities?
3. What about autumn enchants Kit?
4. Who leads the party that has come to arrest Kit?
5. What does Judith announce as they are working to husk corn?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)