|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is there to comfort Judith when there is no news of John Holbrook's fate as a militiaman?
(d) Mr. Rogers.
2. Where does Nat think to take Hannah to keep her safe?
(a) On his boat to Barbados.
(b) To England.
(c) To a new colony called Florida.
(d) To stay with his grandmother.
3. Who tries to defend Kit in court?
4. What rumor does Nat hear when he returns with the Dolphin to Wethersfield?
(a) That William has decided to move to England.
(b) That William has been branded a Quaker.
(c) That William is already married.
(d) That William plans on marrying Kit.
5. Who is left out again from the corn-husking festivities?
6. How does Kit's trial end?
(a) She is warmly apologized to by Mrs. Cruff and the community.
(b) She is sentenced to the stocks.
(c) She is acquitted of all charges.
(d) She is officially labeled a witch.
7. In response to the new governor, what are some of the colonists calling for?
(a) A petition to be signed stating they do not want the governor.
(b) An armed rebellion.
(c) A week of fasting.
(d) A peaceful protest.
8. What is Nat doing when Kit arrives at Hannah's in Chapter 12?
(b) Fixing the roof.
(c) Helping to build a fence.
(d) Making candles.
9. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) They tolerate each other.
(c) They are wary of each other and take a long time to grow on each other.
(d) They take to each other immediately.
10. What does William's response to Kit's trial make her realize?
(a) That she hates the sight of him.
(b) That she cannot depend on him.
(c) That she is completely in love with him.
(d) That she likes him enough to marry him.
11. Now that there is a new governor in Connecticut, what will increase?
(a) The amount of land each colonists owns.
(c) Political freedom.
(d) Religious freedom.
12. Where do Kit and Prudence decide to hide the hornbook?
(a) Under the pews in the Meeting House.
(b) Hannah's house.
(c) William's house.
(d) Under Kit's bed.
13. What is Kit's response when William proposes?
(a) She says no right away.
(b) She says yes right away.
(c) She says nothing and runs away.
(d) She admits that she is still unsure
14. When the Dolphin is back in port, what does Nat bring back for Hannah?
(a) A new basket.
(b) A puppy.
(d) Some cloth.
15. Why does Hannah not want to leave her home at first even though Kit tells her of the angry crowd?
(a) Because Quakers do not run.
(b) Because she does not believe Kit at first.
(c) Because she has nowhere to go.
(d) Because she is afraid of being far away from her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Matthew initially hears of the townspeople trying to go after Hannah, how does he respond?
2. What animal do the townspeople think Hannah has turned herself into in order to escape?
3. Who leads the party that has come to arrest Kit?
4. What does John think when he hears that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
5. How does the first snowfall of winter affect Kit?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)