|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food item does Rachel give to Kit to take to Hannah?
(a) A jug of milk.
(b) A tart.
(d) A sandwich.
2. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
(a) They take to each other immediately.
(b) They are wary of each other and take a long time to grow on each other.
(c) They hate each other.
(d) They tolerate each other.
3. What is Nat doing when Kit arrives at Hannah's in Chapter 12?
(a) Making candles.
(b) Helping to build a fence.
(c) Fixing the roof.
4. Where do they lock Kit when she is arrested?
(a) In a cell at the local jailhouse.
(b) In the stocks in the center of town.
(c) In a shed at the constable's house.
(d) In the basement of the Meeting House.
5. Where does Nat think to take Hannah to keep her safe?
(a) To stay with his grandmother.
(b) To a new colony called Florida.
(c) On his boat to Barbados.
(d) To England.
6. What holiday does the new governor decide to change the date of?
(c) The winter solstice.
7. Who comes to visit Kit when she is locked away as a prisoner?
(a) William Ashby.
(b) Her aunt Rachel.
8. When do the settlers get together to husk the corn?
(a) Every Easter.
(b) After the harvest.
(c) After Lent.
(d) In the autumn.
9. What does Kit confide to Hannah when she brings her Nat's gift?
(a) She tells Hannah she is not sure about William's proposal.
(b) She tells Hannah that Nat is in trouble.
(c) She tells Hannah that she might want to be a Quaker.
(d) She tells Hannah that she is thinking of going to England.
10. Who leads the party that has come to arrest Kit?
(b) Mrs. Cruff.
(c) Mr. Holbrook.
(d) Mr. Kimberley.
11. How does Nat speak to Kit when the Dolphin returns to Wethersfield?
(a) He is very friendly.
(b) He speaks to her sarcastically.
(c) He is rather silly and joking.
(d) He speaks to her in a loving manner.
12. In Chapter 11, what does Kit notice as John Holbrook reads aloud to the group in the Woods' house?
(a) The way that he and Judith seem to be meant for each other.
(b) How handsome he is.
(c) The loving way Mercy is looking at him.
(d) How much she loves him.
13. Why does Hannah not want to leave her home at first even though Kit tells her of the angry crowd?
(a) Because she has nowhere to go.
(b) Because she is afraid of being far away from her house.
(c) Because Quakers do not run.
(d) Because she does not believe Kit at first.
14. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
(a) That she can do anything she puts her mind to.
(b) That she is too stupid to learn to read.
(c) That she is the smartest girl.
(d) That she can learn if she tries and works hard.
15. What does Kit realize one day as she watches her uncle gazing at his land?
(a) How much she dislikes her uncle.
(b) How hard he has had to fight for it.
(c) How much her uncle reminds her of her father.
(d) How similiar her uncle and Mercy look.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Prudence meet with Kit to learn to read?
2. How does the first snowfall of winter affect Kit?
3. Who is there to comfort Judith when there is no news of John Holbrook's fate as a militiaman?
4. Who is the thin, bedraggled man who suddenly shows up at the Woods' door one winter night?
5. With the coming of winter, what is Kit's emotional state?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)