|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the townspeople want to arrest Kit?
(a) They have decide they do not like people from Barbados.
(b) They think Hannah has left her to continue her work.
(c) They know that she has helped Hannah escape.
(d) They are against all newcomers now.
2. What does the act of hiding the charter mean to the king?
(a) It is initially disrespectful to the king but nothing more.
(b) It is an act of serious insubordination.
(c) It is an act showing support for the king.
(d) The king does not consider it anything worth worrying about.
3. Not long after John's departure, what happens to Judith?
(a) She realizes that she is in love with someone else.
(b) She states that she does not want to live in the Colony anymore.
(c) She decides to become a nun.
(d) She comes down with fever.
4. How does Kit's trial end?
(a) She is sentenced to the stocks.
(b) She is warmly apologized to by Mrs. Cruff and the community.
(c) She is officially labeled a witch.
(d) She is acquitted of all charges.
5. What do some rowdy sailors put in the windows of the house William is building?
(a) Quaker religious symbols.
(c) Sinful pictures.
(d) Indian relics.
6. Who tries to defend Kit in court?
7. Where do they lock Kit when she is arrested?
(a) In the stocks in the center of town.
(b) In a cell at the local jailhouse.
(c) In the basement of the Meeting House.
(d) In a shed at the constable's house.
8. Where do Kit and Prudence decide to hide the hornbook?
(a) Under Kit's bed.
(b) William's house.
(c) Hannah's house.
(d) Under the pews in the Meeting House.
9. Who is governor of the Connecticut Colony by Chapter 15?
(a) The reverend.
(c) Sir Charles.
(d) None of the above.
10. Whom does John tell Kit he is in love with?
11. Where does Prudence meet with Kit to learn to read?
(a) The Great Meadow.
(b) The Woods' house.
(c) The library.
(d) The Meeting House.
12. What are those individuals called who are against the rule of the king in the colonies?
13. What crimes is Kit charged with at her trial?
(a) Helping a witch escape.
(b) Playing make-believe with children.
(c) Dealing with Satan.
(d) Bringing fever down on the children.
14. What does Kit realize one day as she watches her uncle gazing at his land?
(a) How hard he has had to fight for it.
(b) How similiar her uncle and Mercy look.
(c) How much she dislikes her uncle.
(d) How much her uncle reminds her of her father.
15. Who is the thin, bedraggled man who suddenly shows up at the Woods' door one winter night?
(d) Mr. Kimberley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the townspeople come to Matthew's door saying they are going to get Hannah?
2. What does Kit confess to Nat?
3. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
4. What is the punishment for all of Kit's so-called crimes?
5. What holiday does the new governor decide to change the date of?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)