|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is left out again from the corn-husking festivities?
2. Who comes to visit Kit when she is locked away as a prisoner?
(a) Her aunt Rachel.
(c) William Ashby.
3. What is the punishment for all of Kit's so-called crimes?
(c) Two years in prison.
4. What "proof" about Kit is found at Hannah's house?
(a) Her picture.
(b) Her notebook.
(c) Her handkerchief.
(d) Her Bible.
5. What animal do the townspeople think Hannah has turned herself into in order to escape?
(a) A spider.
(b) A snake.
(c) A crow.
(d) A rat.
6. Where do they lock Kit when she is arrested?
(a) In a shed at the constable's house.
(b) In the stocks in the center of town.
(c) In the basement of the Meeting House.
(d) In a cell at the local jailhouse.
7. When do the settlers get together to husk the corn?
(a) In the autumn.
(b) Every Easter.
(c) After Lent.
(d) After the harvest.
8. Who tries to defend Kit in court?
9. Why does Hannah not want to leave her home at first even though Kit tells her of the angry crowd?
(a) Because she has nowhere to go.
(b) Because she is afraid of being far away from her house.
(c) Because Quakers do not run.
(d) Because she does not believe Kit at first.
10. Where does Nat think to take Hannah to keep her safe?
(a) To a new colony called Florida.
(b) To England.
(c) To stay with his grandmother.
(d) On his boat to Barbados.
11. What does the act of hiding the charter mean to the king?
(a) The king does not consider it anything worth worrying about.
(b) It is initially disrespectful to the king but nothing more.
(c) It is an act showing support for the king.
(d) It is an act of serious insubordination.
12. What does John think when he hears that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
(a) He confesses that he has been visiting her too.
(b) He disapproves and thinks Hannah is a witch.
(c) He congratulates her on being so kind.
(d) He disapproves but thinks Hannah is a good person.
13. When the Dolphin is back in port, what does Nat bring back for Hannah?
(a) Some cloth.
(b) A puppy.
(d) A new basket.
14. When Matthew initially hears of the townspeople trying to go after Hannah, how does he respond?
(a) He tries to dissuade them.
(b) He tells them to do what they think is best, but he will not join.
(c) He is too worried about his daughter to care.
(d) He decides to join them.
15. What does Nat insist on doing after dinner at Hannah's?
(a) Playing a game of cards.
(b) Reading out loud.
(c) Walking Kit home.
(d) Having dessert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
2. It is summer; what little anonymous gift has Kit been receiving?
3. What does Kit confide to Hannah when she brings her Nat's gift?
4. What is Nat doing when Kit arrives at Hannah's in Chapter 12?
5. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)