|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kit realize one day as she watches her uncle gazing at his land?
(a) How much her uncle reminds her of her father.
(b) How much she dislikes her uncle.
(c) How similiar her uncle and Mercy look.
(d) How hard he has had to fight for it.
2. What is the punishment for all of Kit's so-called crimes?
(d) Two years in prison.
3. Where does Prudence meet with Kit to learn to read?
(a) The library.
(b) The Woods' house.
(c) The Meeting House.
(d) The Great Meadow.
4. Who is there to comfort Judith when there is no news of John Holbrook's fate as a militiaman?
(c) Mr. Rogers.
5. What rumor does Nat hear when he returns with the Dolphin to Wethersfield?
(a) That William plans on marrying Kit.
(b) That William has decided to move to England.
(c) That William is already married.
(d) That William has been branded a Quaker.
6. How does the first snowfall of winter affect Kit?
(a) She is fascinated by it.
(b) It makes her angry that she lives in the snow.
(c) It makes her sad.
(d) She thinks it makes everything ugly.
7. What crimes is Kit charged with at her trial?
(a) Helping a witch escape.
(b) Bringing fever down on the children.
(c) Dealing with Satan.
(d) Playing make-believe with children.
8. How does Kit's trial end?
(a) She is acquitted of all charges.
(b) She is sentenced to the stocks.
(c) She is officially labeled a witch.
(d) She is warmly apologized to by Mrs. Cruff and the community.
9. Who leads the party that has come to arrest Kit?
(b) Mr. Holbrook.
(c) Mr. Kimberley.
(d) Mrs. Cruff.
10. Who tries to defend Kit in court?
11. Not long after John's departure, what happens to Judith?
(a) She states that she does not want to live in the Colony anymore.
(b) She decides to become a nun.
(c) She realizes that she is in love with someone else.
(d) She comes down with fever.
12. Why do the townspeople come to Matthew's door saying they are going to get Hannah?
(a) Because they think she has caused the fever.
(b) Because they think she is in league with the enemy.
(c) Because they saw her being a witch.
(d) Because they need someone to pick on.
13. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
(a) They are chastised and told to pray.
(b) They are put in the stocks.
(c) They are congratulated for their good joke.
(d) They are asked to leave the town.
14. Who is left out again from the corn-husking festivities?
15. What is Nat doing when Kit arrives at Hannah's in Chapter 12?
(a) Fixing the roof.
(b) Making candles.
(d) Helping to build a fence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the townspeople want to arrest Kit?
2. Now that there is a new governor in Connecticut, what will increase?
3. What author does Kit discover Nat enjoys reading?
4. What does Nat insist on doing after dinner at Hannah's?
5. When Matthew initially hears of the townspeople trying to go after Hannah, how does he respond?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)