|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to visit Kit when she is locked away as a prisoner?
(a) William Ashby.
(b) Her aunt Rachel.
2. Who comes into town with reports from the militia?
(c) Two militiamen.
(d) The governor.
3. What food item does Rachel give to Kit to take to Hannah?
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A tart.
(d) A jug of milk.
4. When Kit arrives at her aunt's house, what disturbing news does she hear about John Holbrook?
(a) He has decided that he too loves Kit.
(b) He has given up school to be a sailor.
(c) He has started working for the new governor.
(d) He has joined the militia to fight the Indians.
5. When do the settlers get together to husk the corn?
(a) After the harvest.
(b) In the autumn.
(c) Every Easter.
(d) After Lent.
6. How does Mr. Cruff respond when his daughter reads the Bible in front of the courtroom?
(a) He is proud that she can read.
(b) He is ashamed of her.
(c) He is angry that she can read.
(d) He is furious that she has been spending time with Kit.
7. What does Kit confess to Nat?
(a) She is not really happy.
(b) She is not treated well.
(c) She hates her family.
(d) She is in love with William.
8. What about autumn enchants Kit?
(a) The many changing colors.
(b) The thoughts of snow coming soon.
(c) The coming holidays.
(d) The leaves falling.
9. What is the punishment for all of Kit's so-called crimes?
(a) Two years in prison.
10. Now that there is a new governor in Connecticut, what will increase?
(a) Political freedom.
(b) Religious freedom.
(c) The amount of land each colonists owns.
11. Who is the thin, bedraggled man who suddenly shows up at the Woods' door one winter night?
(d) Mr. Kimberley.
12. How does Kit's trial end?
(a) She is warmly apologized to by Mrs. Cruff and the community.
(b) She is officially labeled a witch.
(c) She is acquitted of all charges.
(d) She is sentenced to the stocks.
13. What does the act of hiding the charter mean to the king?
(a) It is an act showing support for the king.
(b) It is an act of serious insubordination.
(c) It is initially disrespectful to the king but nothing more.
(d) The king does not consider it anything worth worrying about.
14. What does Judith announce as they are working to husk corn?
(a) That she is going to make John propose.
(b) That she never wants to marry.
(c) That she is in love with William.
(d) That she is in love with Nat.
15. When the Dolphin is back in port, what does Nat bring back for Hannah?
(b) A new basket.
(c) A puppy.
(d) Some cloth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do they lock Kit when she is arrested?
2. Where does Prudence meet with Kit to learn to read?
3. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
4. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
5. What does Prudence come to the courtroom to do?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)