|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes into town with reports from the militia?
(b) The governor.
(c) Two militiamen.
2. Where does Nat think to take Hannah to keep her safe?
(a) To stay with his grandmother.
(b) On his boat to Barbados.
(c) To a new colony called Florida.
(d) To England.
3. What rumor does Nat hear when he returns with the Dolphin to Wethersfield?
(a) That William plans on marrying Kit.
(b) That William has been branded a Quaker.
(c) That William is already married.
(d) That William has decided to move to England.
4. Who tries to defend Kit in court?
5. How does Kit's trial end?
(a) She is sentenced to the stocks.
(b) She is warmly apologized to by Mrs. Cruff and the community.
(c) She is officially labeled a witch.
(d) She is acquitted of all charges.
6. Who is governor of the Connecticut Colony by Chapter 15?
(a) None of the above.
(b) The reverend.
(c) Sir Charles.
7. What does Nat insist on doing after dinner at Hannah's?
(a) Reading out loud.
(b) Having dessert.
(c) Playing a game of cards.
(d) Walking Kit home.
8. What does Kit confide to Hannah when she brings her Nat's gift?
(a) She tells Hannah that Nat is in trouble.
(b) She tells Hannah that she is thinking of going to England.
(c) She tells Hannah she is not sure about William's proposal.
(d) She tells Hannah that she might want to be a Quaker.
9. When Kit arrives at her aunt's house, what disturbing news does she hear about John Holbrook?
(a) He has decided that he too loves Kit.
(b) He has started working for the new governor.
(c) He has joined the militia to fight the Indians.
(d) He has given up school to be a sailor.
10. What are those individuals called who are against the rule of the king in the colonies?
11. How does the first snowfall of winter affect Kit?
(a) It makes her angry that she lives in the snow.
(b) It makes her sad.
(c) She thinks it makes everything ugly.
(d) She is fascinated by it.
12. What is the punishment for all of Kit's so-called crimes?
(d) Two years in prison.
13. What animal do the townspeople think Hannah has turned herself into in order to escape?
(a) A spider.
(b) A crow.
(c) A rat.
(d) A snake.
14. What about autumn enchants Kit?
(a) The thoughts of snow coming soon.
(b) The many changing colors.
(c) The leaves falling.
(d) The coming holidays.
15. Where does Prudence meet with Kit to learn to read?
(a) The Meeting House.
(b) The Great Meadow.
(c) The library.
(d) The Woods' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judith announce as they are working to husk corn?
2. What does William's response to Kit's trial make her realize?
3. Not long after John's departure, what happens to Judith?
4. What author does Kit discover Nat enjoys reading?
5. What does Kit confess to Nat?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)