|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hannah not want to leave her home at first even though Kit tells her of the angry crowd?
(a) Because she is afraid of being far away from her house.
(b) Because she has nowhere to go.
(c) Because Quakers do not run.
(d) Because she does not believe Kit at first.
2. What crimes is Kit charged with at her trial?
(a) Dealing with Satan.
(b) Bringing fever down on the children.
(c) Helping a witch escape.
(d) Playing make-believe with children.
3. What is Kit's response when William proposes?
(a) She says yes right away.
(b) She admits that she is still unsure
(c) She says nothing and runs away.
(d) She says no right away.
4. Who is there to comfort Judith when there is no news of John Holbrook's fate as a militiaman?
(b) Mr. Rogers.
5. Who comes to the Woods' house to help with Mercy in Chapter 17?
(a) John Holbrook.
(c) The governor.
(d) Dr. Bulkeley.
6. What "proof" about Kit is found at Hannah's house?
(a) Her picture.
(b) Her notebook.
(c) Her Bible.
(d) Her handkerchief.
7. Where do Kit and Prudence decide to hide the hornbook?
(a) Under the pews in the Meeting House.
(b) Hannah's house.
(c) Under Kit's bed.
(d) William's house.
8. What author does Kit discover Nat enjoys reading?
9. Why do the townspeople come to Matthew's door saying they are going to get Hannah?
(a) Because they think she has caused the fever.
(b) Because they think she is in league with the enemy.
(c) Because they saw her being a witch.
(d) Because they need someone to pick on.
10. It is summer; what little anonymous gift has Kit been receiving?
(a) Pretty pebbles.
(b) Paper dolls.
11. How does Kit's trial end?
(a) She is sentenced to the stocks.
(b) She is warmly apologized to by Mrs. Cruff and the community.
(c) She is officially labeled a witch.
(d) She is acquitted of all charges.
12. Who tries to defend Kit in court?
13. What does Kit confide to Hannah when she brings her Nat's gift?
(a) She tells Hannah that she might want to be a Quaker.
(b) She tells Hannah that she is thinking of going to England.
(c) She tells Hannah that Nat is in trouble.
(d) She tells Hannah she is not sure about William's proposal.
14. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
(a) That she is the smartest girl.
(b) That she can learn if she tries and works hard.
(c) That she can do anything she puts her mind to.
(d) That she is too stupid to learn to read.
15. How does Mr. Cruff respond when his daughter reads the Bible in front of the courtroom?
(a) He is proud that she can read.
(b) He is ashamed of her.
(c) He is furious that she has been spending time with Kit.
(d) He is angry that she can read.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hides the charter from the new governor?
2. What are those individuals called who are against the rule of the king in the colonies?
3. What does Kit realize one day as she watches her uncle gazing at his land?
4. What does Kit confess to Nat?
5. Who leads the party that has come to arrest Kit?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)