|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "proof" about Kit is found at Hannah's house?
(a) Her Bible.
(b) Her handkerchief.
(c) Her notebook.
(d) Her picture.
2. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
(a) They are asked to leave the town.
(b) They are put in the stocks.
(c) They are chastised and told to pray.
(d) They are congratulated for their good joke.
3. With the coming of winter, what is Kit's emotional state?
(a) She is mellow.
(b) She is angry and snippy.
(c) She is lonely and depressed.
(d) She is happy and excited.
4. Where do Kit and Prudence decide to hide the hornbook?
(a) Under Kit's bed.
(b) William's house.
(c) Hannah's house.
(d) Under the pews in the Meeting House.
5. Who hides the charter from the new governor?
6. What is Kit's response when William proposes?
(a) She says no right away.
(b) She says nothing and runs away.
(c) She admits that she is still unsure
(d) She says yes right away.
7. What holiday does the new governor decide to change the date of?
(b) The winter solstice.
8. Not long after John's departure, what happens to Judith?
(a) She realizes that she is in love with someone else.
(b) She comes down with fever.
(c) She decides to become a nun.
(d) She states that she does not want to live in the Colony anymore.
9. Who comes into town with reports from the militia?
(b) Two militiamen.
(c) The governor.
10. What cargo is Nat's ship carrying in Chapter 14?
(d) English glass.
11. What are those individuals called who are against the rule of the king in the colonies?
12. What does William's response to Kit's trial make her realize?
(a) That she is completely in love with him.
(b) That she cannot depend on him.
(c) That she likes him enough to marry him.
(d) That she hates the sight of him.
13. In response to the new governor, what are some of the colonists calling for?
(a) A week of fasting.
(b) An armed rebellion.
(c) A peaceful protest.
(d) A petition to be signed stating they do not want the governor.
14. Who tries to defend Kit in court?
15. What is the punishment for all of Kit's so-called crimes?
(a) Two years in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kit confess to Nat?
2. When Kit arrives at her aunt's house, what disturbing news does she hear about John Holbrook?
3. Who is the thin, bedraggled man who suddenly shows up at the Woods' door one winter night?
4. Where does Nat think to take Hannah to keep her safe?
5. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)