|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the coming of winter, what is Kit's emotional state?
(a) She is mellow.
(b) She is angry and snippy.
(c) She is happy and excited.
(d) She is lonely and depressed.
2. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
(a) They take to each other immediately.
(b) They tolerate each other.
(c) They are wary of each other and take a long time to grow on each other.
(d) They hate each other.
3. In Chapter 11, what does Kit notice as John Holbrook reads aloud to the group in the Woods' house?
(a) The way that he and Judith seem to be meant for each other.
(b) How handsome he is.
(c) How much she loves him.
(d) The loving way Mercy is looking at him.
4. When do the settlers get together to husk the corn?
(a) In the autumn.
(b) Every Easter.
(c) After the harvest.
(d) After Lent.
5. What does Kit realize one day as she watches her uncle gazing at his land?
(a) How much her uncle reminds her of her father.
(b) How much she dislikes her uncle.
(c) How hard he has had to fight for it.
(d) How similiar her uncle and Mercy look.
6. Who tries to defend Kit in court?
7. Who is the thin, bedraggled man who suddenly shows up at the Woods' door one winter night?
(d) Mr. Kimberley.
8. Who is left out again from the corn-husking festivities?
9. What does Nat insist on doing after dinner at Hannah's?
(a) Playing a game of cards.
(b) Reading out loud.
(c) Walking Kit home.
(d) Having dessert.
10. Who leads the party that has come to arrest Kit?
(b) Mr. Kimberley.
(c) Mr. Holbrook.
(d) Mrs. Cruff.
11. How does the first snowfall of winter affect Kit?
(a) It makes her sad.
(b) She is fascinated by it.
(c) She thinks it makes everything ugly.
(d) It makes her angry that she lives in the snow.
12. Where do Kit and Prudence decide to hide the hornbook?
(a) Under the pews in the Meeting House.
(b) Hannah's house.
(c) Under Kit's bed.
(d) William's house.
13. Where does Prudence meet with Kit to learn to read?
(a) The Great Meadow.
(b) The Woods' house.
(c) The library.
(d) The Meeting House.
14. What does Prudence come to the courtroom to do?
(a) To do nothing but cry.
(b) To yell at her mother for being cruel.
(c) To encourage Kit with her presence.
(d) To testify on Kit's behalf.
15. What author does Kit discover Nat enjoys reading?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nat speak to Kit when the Dolphin returns to Wethersfield?
2. What are those individuals called who are against the rule of the king in the colonies?
3. What does Kit confess to Nat?
4. What is Nat doing when Kit arrives at Hannah's in Chapter 12?
5. Not long after John's departure, what happens to Judith?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)