|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kit confide to Hannah when she brings her Nat's gift?
(a) She tells Hannah she is not sure about William's proposal.
(b) She tells Hannah that she is thinking of going to England.
(c) She tells Hannah that she might want to be a Quaker.
(d) She tells Hannah that Nat is in trouble.
2. Whom does John tell Kit he is in love with?
3. When Matthew initially hears of the townspeople trying to go after Hannah, how does he respond?
(a) He tries to dissuade them.
(b) He tells them to do what they think is best, but he will not join.
(c) He decides to join them.
(d) He is too worried about his daughter to care.
4. Who leads the party that has come to arrest Kit?
(a) Mr. Kimberley.
(b) Mrs. Cruff.
(c) Mr. Holbrook.
5. Not long after John's departure, what happens to Judith?
(a) She decides to become a nun.
(b) She realizes that she is in love with someone else.
(c) She comes down with fever.
(d) She states that she does not want to live in the Colony anymore.
6. How does Mr. Cruff respond when his daughter reads the Bible in front of the courtroom?
(a) He is angry that she can read.
(b) He is ashamed of her.
(c) He is furious that she has been spending time with Kit.
(d) He is proud that she can read.
7. It is summer; what little anonymous gift has Kit been receiving?
(a) Pretty pebbles.
(c) Paper dolls.
8. Who hides the charter from the new governor?
9. How does Kit's trial end?
(a) She is warmly apologized to by Mrs. Cruff and the community.
(b) She is officially labeled a witch.
(c) She is sentenced to the stocks.
(d) She is acquitted of all charges.
10. What do some rowdy sailors put in the windows of the house William is building?
(a) Quaker religious symbols.
(b) Indian relics.
(c) Sinful pictures.
11. Why do the townspeople want to arrest Kit?
(a) They have decide they do not like people from Barbados.
(b) They think Hannah has left her to continue her work.
(c) They are against all newcomers now.
(d) They know that she has helped Hannah escape.
12. When the Dolphin is back in port, what does Nat bring back for Hannah?
(a) A puppy.
(c) A new basket.
(d) Some cloth.
13. Where does Nat think to take Hannah to keep her safe?
(a) To a new colony called Florida.
(b) To stay with his grandmother.
(c) To England.
(d) On his boat to Barbados.
14. What food item does Rachel give to Kit to take to Hannah?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A jug of milk.
(c) A tart.
15. Where do they lock Kit when she is arrested?
(a) In the stocks in the center of town.
(b) In a shed at the constable's house.
(c) In a cell at the local jailhouse.
(d) In the basement of the Meeting House.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kit realize one day as she watches her uncle gazing at his land?
2. What does Prudence come to the courtroom to do?
3. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
4. What is the punishment for all of Kit's so-called crimes?
5. How does Matthew react when he learns that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)