Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about autumn enchants Kit?
(a) The leaves falling.
(b) The coming holidays.
(c) The many changing colors.
(d) The thoughts of snow coming soon.
2. What is Kit's response when William proposes?
(a) She admits that she is still unsure
(b) She says nothing and runs away.
(c) She says no right away.
(d) She says yes right away.
3. What does Kit confess to Nat?
(a) She is not really happy.
(b) She is in love with William.
(c) She hates her family.
(d) She is not treated well.
4. When the Dolphin is back in port, what does Nat bring back for Hannah?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A new basket.
(c) Some cloth.
5. Where do Kit and Prudence decide to hide the hornbook?
(a) Under the pews in the Meeting House.
(b) William's house.
(c) Under Kit's bed.
(d) Hannah's house.
6. It is summer; what little anonymous gift has Kit been receiving?
(a) Pretty pebbles.
(d) Paper dolls.
7. Who is the thin, bedraggled man who suddenly shows up at the Woods' door one winter night?
(c) Mr. Kimberley.
8. What author does Kit discover Nat enjoys reading?
9. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
(a) They take to each other immediately.
(b) They hate each other.
(c) They tolerate each other.
(d) They are wary of each other and take a long time to grow on each other.
10. What does Nat insist on doing after dinner at Hannah's?
(a) Having dessert.
(b) Playing a game of cards.
(c) Reading out loud.
(d) Walking Kit home.
11. In Chapter 11, what does Kit notice as John Holbrook reads aloud to the group in the Woods' house?
(a) How handsome he is.
(b) How much she loves him.
(c) The loving way Mercy is looking at him.
(d) The way that he and Judith seem to be meant for each other.
12. Where does Prudence meet with Kit to learn to read?
(a) The Meeting House.
(b) The Woods' house.
(c) The Great Meadow.
(d) The library.
13. Who leads the party that has come to arrest Kit?
(a) Mr. Kimberley.
(b) Mrs. Cruff.
(d) Mr. Holbrook.
14. What crimes is Kit charged with at her trial?
(a) Bringing fever down on the children.
(b) Playing make-believe with children.
(c) Dealing with Satan.
(d) Helping a witch escape.
15. What "proof" about Kit is found at Hannah's house?
(a) Her Bible.
(b) Her picture.
(c) Her notebook.
(d) Her handkerchief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cargo is Nat's ship carrying in Chapter 14?
2. What does the act of hiding the charter mean to the king?
3. Who is there to comfort Judith when there is no news of John Holbrook's fate as a militiaman?
4. How does Mr. Cruff respond when his daughter reads the Bible in front of the courtroom?
5. With the coming of winter, what is Kit's emotional state?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)