|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Puritans consider the Quakers?
(a) Fellow Christians.
(b) Troublemakers and heretics.
(c) Brothers in the Lord.
(d) Devil worshippers.
2. Whom does Kit seem to have made quite an impression on and is introduced to after the service?
(a) Peter Turner.
(b) Dr. Bulkeley.
(c) William Ashby.
(d) John Carter.
3. What about Hannah's physical appearance seems to frighten Kit?
(a) The nasty scar on her forehead.
(b) Her toothless smile.
(c) Her crooked nose.
(d) Her scraggly hair.
4. What does Hannah do to raise some money to pay for taxes and fines?
(a) She sells bread.
(b) She sells vegetables.
(c) She knits socks and blankets.
(d) She spins flax for some of the townspeople.
5. Which members of the Wethersfield community are expected to go to the meeting?
(a) Adults only.
(b) Women only.
(c) Men only.
6. What happens to Kit's grandfather that causes his death?
(a) He becomes ill.
(b) He drowns while swimming in the ocean.
(c) He is wounded in a farming accident.
(d) Someone poisons him.
7. Who teaches Kit how to read?
(a) Her maidservant.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandfather.
8. What does William think about the new governor of the Colonies appointed by the King?
(a) He despises the governor but thinks another one would be good.
(b) He has no opinion and does not like talking about politics.
(c) He thinks the colonies should accept the governor.
(d) He thinks the colonies should be left alone by England.
9. How do Kit's cousins respond to her many fancy and colorful gowns?
(a) They think they are ugly.
(b) They are jealous.
(c) They think they are inappropriate.
(d) They are fascinated by them.
10. Because the girls are busy trying on their new clothes, what is left undone?
(b) Household chores.
(d) Going to town.
11. How does Nat view slavery?
(a) He is vehemently against it.
(b) He is not sure how he feels about it.
(c) He believes it is good and right.
(d) He could care less either way.
12. Who is the monarch of England at the time Kit moves to the colonies?
(a) King John.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) King James.
(d) King Edward.
13. When Kit finds out that the Woods have no servants, how does she feel?
14. What is Kit surprised to hear when they are leaving her first prayer meeting?
(a) That the meetings are only once a month.
(b) That she never has to go again.
(c) That they will be returning later for a second meeting.
(d) That she must go every single day.
15. How does Kit feel about her first prayer meeting?
(a) She is indifferent and just glad not to be working.
(b) She loves it.
(c) She finds it long and boring.
(d) She find it interesting but a bit long.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the religion of Kit's relatives in Wethersfield?
2. When Kit arrives in Wethersfield, who is there to meet her?
3. Where is the school that Mercy teaches the young children?
4. What story does Kit have the students act out?
5. Which sister tends to be more patient with Kit as she tries to learn the chores?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)