|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Kit?
2. Whom does Kit seem to have made quite an impression on and is introduced to after the service?
(a) Dr. Bulkeley.
(b) John Carter.
(c) William Ashby.
(d) Peter Turner.
3. How does Kit describe her Aunt's home?
(a) As dirty and run-down.
(b) As large, ornate and gaudy.
(c) As small but splendid.
(d) As large but sparsely furnished.
4. When Kit's grandfather dies, who is her only living relative left?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her grandmother.
5. What does Matthew think about the Assembly's land-concessions move?
(a) He supports it and thinks it will lessen the king's power.
(b) He does not agree at all.
(c) He thinks the idea is good but that the king should do it.
(d) It does not matter to him because he already has land.
6. What do the schoolmaster and the reverend do when they come into the class and see the children playing make-believe?
(a) They clap and encourage the students.
(b) They do nothing and sit in silence.
(c) They scold the class and the teachers and leave.
(d) They dismiss Kit as a teacher.
7. What type of political outlook does Kit's grandfather adhere to?
8. What day is prayer meeting held?
9. What type of home does Kit grown up in?
(a) A cottage.
(b) A shack.
(c) A plantation.
(d) An orphanage.
10. Who is Dr. Bulkeley?
(a) Matthew's boss.
(b) Mr. Holbrook's professor.
(c) The town physician.
(d) The mayor.
11. Who is the only member of the Wood family not expected to attend prayer meeting?
12. After Kit's grandfather dies, what happens to the plantation and Kit's wealth?
(a) It all burns in an accidental fire.
(b) Nothing. She still owns it all but does not want to live alone.
(c) She has to sell it all to pay her grandfather's debts.
(d) It is given to the first male heir.
13. Until moving to the colonies, what role does religion play in Kit's life?
(a) It was very important to her, but she abandons it.
(b) Not a very big role.
(c) It is still important to her.
(d) It is important, but she follows a different religion than the Woods.
14. What does Kit mention the Dolphin smells like?
15. In Chapter 7, who comes and interrupts Kit's time with William?
(b) The reverend.
(d) John Holbrook.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rachel respond when she hears about Kit spending time with Hannah?
2. What decision does Mr. Kimberly make about closing the school?
3. Why were Hannah and her husband not allowed to stay in town when they arrived in Connecticut?
4. How does John react when hearing that Kit can read and what she reads?
5. How do the Puritans view play-acting?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)