Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Hannah and her husband not allowed to stay in town when they arrived in Connecticut?
(a) Because of their skin color.
(b) The branded scars on their foreheads.
(c) The fact that they did not originally speak English.
(d) Because they were not married correctly.
2. What does William think about the new governor of the Colonies appointed by the King?
(a) He has no opinion and does not like talking about politics.
(b) He thinks the colonies should be left alone by England.
(c) He despises the governor but thinks another one would be good.
(d) He thinks the colonies should accept the governor.
3. What does Mercy tell Kit about their life in Wethersfield?
(a) That life is very hard for them.
(b) That life has its ups and downs.
(c) She tells Kit not to worry about anything.
(d) That life is easy.
4. What story does Kit have the students act out?
(a) The Good Samaritan.
(b) The story of Esther.
(c) Jonah and the Whale.
(d) Moses and the Exodus of the Israelites.
5. How does Rachel respond when she hears about Kit spending time with Hannah?
(a) She is angery and yells at Kit.
(b) She thinks it is nice of Kit.
(c) She is very distressed to hear it.
(d) She is slightly worried but overall thinks it is fine.
6. What day is prayer meeting held?
7. Where do Kit's father and mother meet?
(a) In Barbados.
(b) In the Colony.
(c) In Jamaica.
(d) In England.
8. What does William ask Matthew in Chapter 6?
(a) For a place to stay.
(b) For a job.
(c) For permission to court Kit.
(d) For permission to court Judith.
9. What does William mention he is intending to build?
(a) A new wagon.
(b) A plantation.
(c) A chicken coop.
(d) A house for himself.
10. Which members of the Wethersfield community are expected to go to the meeting?
(b) Women only.
(c) Men only.
(d) Adults only.
11. Whom does Kit seem to have made quite an impression on and is introduced to after the service?
(a) Dr. Bulkeley.
(b) Peter Turner.
(c) William Ashby.
(d) John Carter.
12. After service, Dr. Bulkeley and who else are invited to the Woods' for dinner?
(a) Mr. Holbrook.
(c) Their impoverished neighbors.
13. What keeps Matthew Wood from having a larger plot in the meadow?
(a) He does not want a larger plot.
(b) He is not allowed to have a larger plot.
(c) He considers having a larger plot to be greedy.
(d) He does not have anyone to help him with the land.
14. What happens when Kit begins to help with the chores?
(a) She finds them difficult and is not very good at them.
(b) She is not very fast at the chores, but they get done.
(c) She is bad at a few but excellent at the cooking.
(d) She helps greatly and makes everthing easier.
15. What group of people does Kit see at the port dressed in somber colors and styles?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many trunks full of her belongings does Kit bring to Wethersfield?
2. How does Kit feel about her first prayer meeting?
3. It is common knowledge that once William decides on a wife, he will do what?
4. What is the name of Hannah's husband?
5. What type of home does Kit grown up in?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)