|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the monarch of England at the time Kit moves to the colonies?
(a) King John.
(b) King James.
(c) King Edward.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
2. What does William think about the new governor of the Colonies appointed by the King?
(a) He has no opinion and does not like talking about politics.
(b) He despises the governor but thinks another one would be good.
(c) He thinks the colonies should accept the governor.
(d) He thinks the colonies should be left alone by England.
3. What state seems to be taking longer accepting a governor appointed by the monarchy?
4. Who is the only member of the Wood family not expected to attend prayer meeting?
5. How do Kit's cousins respond to her many fancy and colorful gowns?
(a) They are fascinated by them.
(b) They think they are ugly.
(c) They are jealous.
(d) They think they are inappropriate.
6. Whom does Judith declare she is going to marry?
(a) John Holbrook.
(c) No one ever!
(d) Mark Holmes.
7. Why are Kit and Judith sent out to the meadows?
(a) To weed the onion fields.
(b) Because they are in trouble.
(c) To pick berries.
(d) To shoo away the rabbits.
8. What is Kit surprised to hear when they are leaving her first prayer meeting?
(a) That the meetings are only once a month.
(b) That she must go every single day.
(c) That she never has to go again.
(d) That they will be returning later for a second meeting.
9. Who hands out new concessions of land grants?
(a) The Assembly.
(b) The City Council.
(c) The Church.
(d) The Mayor.
10. When Kit's grandfather dies, who is her only living relative left?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her aunt.
11. Which king gives the charter to the colonists?
(a) King James.
(b) King Edward VI.
(c) King Charles.
(d) King Henry XI.
12. What day is prayer meeting held?
13. How does John react when hearing that Kit can read and what she reads?
(a) He is impressed.
(b) He is excited and encouraging.
(c) He is surprised and shocked.
(d) He is indifferent.
14. What does Kit think of the fields of the Great Meadow?
(a) That they are beautiful.
(b) That there are too many bugs.
(c) That they are very plain.
(d) That they smell.
15. Who raises Kit?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her older brother.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her older sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does no one live in the Great Meadow?
2. It is common knowledge that once William decides on a wife, he will do what?
3. What is the name of the woman who has taken Kit under her wing on the Dolphin?
4. What rumor is Mrs. Cruff spreading about Kit on their boat ride to Wethersfield?
5. What hurtful thing does Judith say about her cousin her first night there?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)