|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Kit seem to have made quite an impression on and is introduced to after the service?
(a) Dr. Bulkeley.
(b) John Carter.
(c) William Ashby.
(d) Peter Turner.
2. Which king gives the charter to the colonists?
(a) King James.
(b) King Charles.
(c) King Edward VI.
(d) King Henry XI.
3. Who arrives while Kit is visiting Hannah in Chapter 10?
(b) William Ashby.
(c) Nat Eaton.
(d) Mr. Holbrook.
4. What day is prayer meeting held?
5. What happens when Kit begins to help with the chores?
(a) She helps greatly and makes everthing easier.
(b) She finds them difficult and is not very good at them.
(c) She is bad at a few but excellent at the cooking.
(d) She is not very fast at the chores, but they get done.
6. Where is Kit to sleep her first night in the Colony?
(a) In Mercy's bed.
(b) In Judith's bed.
(c) On the floor.
(d) In the barn.
7. What do Rachel and Mercy make for Kit?
(a) A quilt.
(b) A doll.
(c) A plain calico dress.
(d) A picture of her home in Barbados.
8. How is Kit received when her aunt learns that she has come to live with them?
(a) Her aunt is very excited.
(b) Kit is told to leave immediately.
(c) Her aunt knew she was coming.
(d) Kit is not well-received.
9. What opinion does Dr. Bulkeley mention that upsets Matthew?
(a) His support of slavery.
(b) His enjoyment of reading for pleasure.
(c) His compliments about Kit's dress.
(d) His approval of the Royalists.
10. Because the girls are busy trying on their new clothes, what is left undone?
(b) Going to town.
(c) Household chores.
11. How does John react when hearing that Kit can read and what she reads?
(a) He is excited and encouraging.
(b) He is impressed.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He is surprised and shocked.
12. It is common knowledge that once William decides on a wife, he will do what?
(a) Finally study to become a pastor.
(b) Have a purpose.
(c) Start building a house.
(d) Move to the big city.
13. Who is Dr. Bulkeley?
(a) The town physician.
(b) Matthew's boss.
(c) Mr. Holbrook's professor.
(d) The mayor.
14. What meal does Kit try to help make?
(a) Corn pudding.
(d) Soda bread.
15. What is the name of Hannah's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kit arrives in Wethersfield, who is there to meet her?
2. Who hands out new concessions of land grants?
3. What happens to Kit's grandfather that causes his death?
4. Whom does Judith declare she is going to marry?
5. What is the name of the port where Kit first goes ashore on her way to Wethersfield?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)