|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Kit tell Mr. Kimberly about the play-acting at the school?
(a) Kit explains that she knows that play-acting is bad and is sorry.
(b) Kit tells him that the children should be allowed to play-act.
(c) Kit explains that she is new and did not know.
(d) Kit tells him she will not abide by the rules.
2. What meal does Kit try to help make?
(a) Corn pudding.
(b) Soda bread.
3. What is Mr. Holbrook studying to be?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A schoolteacher.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A minister.
4. When William first comes to court Kit, what do they do?
(a) They sit quietly side by side.
(b) They take a walk around the property.
(c) They play chess.
(d) They go into town.
5. What do the Puritans consider the Quakers?
(a) Fellow Christians.
(b) Devil worshippers.
(c) Troublemakers and heretics.
(d) Brothers in the Lord.
6. What does William think about the new governor of the Colonies appointed by the King?
(a) He thinks the colonies should accept the governor.
(b) He despises the governor but thinks another one would be good.
(c) He has no opinion and does not like talking about politics.
(d) He thinks the colonies should be left alone by England.
7. How does Kit feel when the reverend says a prayer for Mercy and her affliction?
(a) She is thankful.
(b) She is emotional.
(c) She is in agreement.
(d) She is annoyed.
8. What is the religion of Kit's relatives in Wethersfield?
9. Hannah is kind to Kit. What does she do that shows Kit kindness?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Gives her a nice meal.
(c) Offers her a place to clean up.
(d) Listens to her story and comforts her.
10. What do Rachel and Mercy make for Kit?
(a) A picture of her home in Barbados.
(b) A plain calico dress.
(c) A doll.
(d) A quilt.
11. What does the overseer of Kit's grandfather's plantation do?
(a) He helps Kit move to her aunt's.
(b) He increases the plantation's wealth.
(c) He embezzles from her grandfather and runs off.
(d) He helps Kit when her grandfather dies.
12. Who hands out new concessions of land grants?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) The Assembly.
(c) The City Council.
(d) The Church.
13. What item does Prudence accidentally drop in the water?
(a) Her parisol.
(b) Her eyeglasses.
(c) Her doll.
(d) Her lunch.
14. It is common knowledge that once William decides on a wife, he will do what?
(a) Have a purpose.
(b) Start building a house.
(c) Move to the big city.
(d) Finally study to become a pastor.
15. Who teaches Kit how to read?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her maidservant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Puritans view play-acting?
2. What is Kit's initial reaction to Wethersfield?
3. What is the name of Hannah's husband?
4. What state seems to be taking longer accepting a governor appointed by the monarchy?
5. What opinion does Dr. Bulkeley mention that upsets Matthew?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)