|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the captain's son?
2. Where does Hannah live?
(a) Next door to the Wood residence.
(b) In the middle of the hustle and bustle of Wethersfield.
(c) In a little house on the edge of a marshy pond.
(d) In a huge mansion at the end of the Great Meadow.
3. In Chapter 10, what does Kit tell Mr. Kimberly about the play-acting at the school?
(a) Kit explains that she is new and did not know.
(b) Kit tells him that the children should be allowed to play-act.
(c) Kit explains that she knows that play-acting is bad and is sorry.
(d) Kit tells him she will not abide by the rules.
4. What type of political outlook does Kit's grandfather adhere to?
5. When Matthew Wood finds out how much luggage Kit has brought with her, what is his response?
(a) He thinks it is a bit much, but that she is a growing girl.
(b) He thinks it is funny.
(c) He does not really care either way.
(d) He finds it wasteful and sinful.
6. How many days does it take the boat to make its way up the river to Wethersfield?
(a) 8 days.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 9 days.
(d) 6 days.
7. Who hands out new concessions of land grants?
(a) The City Council.
(b) The Mayor.
(c) The Assembly.
(d) The Church.
8. How do the Puritans view play-acting?
(a) They see it as silly.
(b) They consider it great fun.
(c) They think it is necessary.
(d) They consider it sinful.
9. How does Rachel respond when she hears about Kit spending time with Hannah?
(a) She is very distressed to hear it.
(b) She is slightly worried but overall thinks it is fine.
(c) She is angery and yells at Kit.
(d) She thinks it is nice of Kit.
10. What hurtful thing does Judith say about her cousin her first night there?
(a) That Kit should have been a boy; it would be more helpful.
(b) That Kit is not very pretty.
(c) That Kit is not very nice.
(d) That Kit is just a spoiled farm girl.
11. Where is the school that Mercy teaches the young children?
(a) The Woods' kitchen.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The schoolhouse.
(d) The Meeting House.
12. How many trunks full of her belongings does Kit bring to Wethersfield?
13. How many young children are in Mercy's class?
14. Why does Kit jump off the boat and into the water in Chapter 1?
(a) Because it is very hot.
(b) To save someone's life.
(c) To retrieve what Prudence had dropped.
(d) Because the ship is sinking and everyone has to.
15. Who teaches Kit how to read?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her maidservant.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is common knowledge that once William decides on a wife, he will do what?
2. How does Nat view slavery?
3. Where is Kit to sleep her first night in the Colony?
4. How is Kit received when her aunt learns that she has come to live with them?
5. What about Hannah's physical appearance seems to frighten Kit?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)