|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kit note is the staying force of the Wood family?
2. What day is prayer meeting held?
3. Where is Kit traveling from on the Dolphin?
(d) St. Thomas.
4. Where does Hannah live?
(a) In a huge mansion at the end of the Great Meadow.
(b) Next door to the Wood residence.
(c) In the middle of the hustle and bustle of Wethersfield.
(d) In a little house on the edge of a marshy pond.
5. In Chapter 7, what important responsibility has William recently been given?
(a) Lead choir singer.
(b) Builder of the new Meeting House.
(c) Viewer of Fences.
(d) Community organizer.
6. Whose reaction does Judith wonder about when they see her in the new clothes?
(a) Her father's.
(d) Her mother's.
7. What happens to Rachel's first son?
(a) He gets lost in the nearby forest.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He dies of fever.
(d) He drowns in the marshy pond.
8. Who is the only member of the Wood family not expected to attend prayer meeting?
9. Why does no one live in the Great Meadow?
(a) Because it floods every spring.
(b) Because it is an ancient Indian burial ground.
(c) Because the governor has declared it off-limits to the Colonies.
(d) Because it is too far from town.
10. What type of political outlook does Kit's grandfather adhere to?
11. How do Kit's cousins respond to her many fancy and colorful gowns?
(a) They think they are ugly.
(b) They think they are inappropriate.
(c) They are jealous.
(d) They are fascinated by them.
12. What do the Puritans consider the Quakers?
(a) Fellow Christians.
(b) Brothers in the Lord.
(c) Devil worshippers.
(d) Troublemakers and heretics.
13. What story does Kit have the students act out?
(a) The Good Samaritan.
(b) The story of Esther.
(c) Moses and the Exodus of the Israelites.
(d) Jonah and the Whale.
14. Where do Hannah and her husband walk from to Wethersfield?
(a) New Hampshire.
15. How many young children are in Mercy's class?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Kit received when her aunt learns that she has come to live with them?
2. What are two sentiments that are deeply ingrained in the Colonies?
3. What about Hannah's physical appearance seems to frighten Kit?
4. What familiar person does Kit meet again at the Meeting House?
5. What keeps Matthew Wood from having a larger plot in the meadow?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)