|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hannah do when she sees Kit crying in the Great Meadow?
(a) She starts crying too.
(b) She yells at Kit to go away.
(c) She does nothing but stare at Kit.
(d) She goes out and invites Kit to her house.
2. What response does William's request of Matthew in Chapter 6 elicit from the three girls?
3. Where is Kit to sleep her first night in the Colony?
(a) In Judith's bed.
(b) In the barn.
(c) On the floor.
(d) In Mercy's bed.
4. What state seems to be taking longer accepting a governor appointed by the monarchy?
5. How many young children are in Mercy's class?
6. What item does Prudence accidentally drop in the water?
(a) Her eyeglasses.
(b) Her lunch.
(c) Her doll.
(d) Her parisol.
7. When Matthew returns home and sees the new clothes, what does he do?
(a) He pretends that he likes the dresses.
(b) He demands that his daughters return the clothes.
(c) He does not really notice.
(d) He thanks Kit profusely.
8. Where do Hannah and her husband walk from to Wethersfield?
(a) New Hampshire.
9. How do the Puritans view play-acting?
(a) They consider it sinful.
(b) They see it as silly.
(c) They think it is necessary.
(d) They consider it great fun.
10. Why is Mercy crippled?
(a) Because of a fever as a child.
(b) Because of a fall from a horse.
(c) No one knows why.
(d) She was born that way.
11. When Kit finds out that the Woods have no servants, how does she feel?
12. Who arrives while Kit is visiting Hannah in Chapter 10?
(b) Nat Eaton.
(c) Mr. Holbrook.
(d) William Ashby.
13. After service, Dr. Bulkeley and who else are invited to the Woods' for dinner?
(a) Their impoverished neighbors.
(d) Mr. Holbrook.
14. What decision does Mr. Kimberly make about closing the school?
(a) It can stay open but Kit cannot teach anymore.
(b) It must close.
(c) It can stay open.
(d) It can stay open but neither girl can teach anymore.
15. Where do Kit's father and mother meet?
(a) In England.
(b) In Jamaica.
(c) In Barbados.
(d) In the Colony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the overseer of Kit's grandfather's plantation do?
2. What story does Kit have the students act out?
3. How does Nat view slavery?
4. What does Kit mention the Dolphin smells like?
5. What happens to Kit's grandfather that causes his death?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)