|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter one, how do people seem to respond to Kit jumping in the water?
(a) They they are concerned for her safety.
(b) They think it is funny.
(c) They find it admirable.
(d) They are annoyed.
2. What does Kit think of the fields of the Great Meadow?
(a) That there are too many bugs.
(b) That they are beautiful.
(c) That they smell.
(d) That they are very plain.
3. Where do Hannah and her husband walk from to Wethersfield?
(c) New Hampshire.
4. What does Matthew think about the Assembly's land-concessions move?
(a) He does not agree at all.
(b) It does not matter to him because he already has land.
(c) He thinks the idea is good but that the king should do it.
(d) He supports it and thinks it will lessen the king's power.
5. What about Hannah's physical appearance seems to frighten Kit?
(a) Her scraggly hair.
(b) Her crooked nose.
(c) Her toothless smile.
(d) The nasty scar on her forehead.
6. What additional gift does Kit convince Judith to take with the clothes she has already given her?
(a) A satchel.
(b) Some stockings.
(c) Some shoes.
(d) A bonnet.
7. Whom does Judith declare she is going to marry?
(a) No one ever!
(c) John Holbrook.
(d) Mark Holmes.
8. How do the Puritans view play-acting?
(a) They consider it sinful.
(b) They consider it great fun.
(c) They think it is necessary.
(d) They see it as silly.
9. How does Kit feel when the reverend says a prayer for Mercy and her affliction?
(a) She is annoyed.
(b) She is thankful.
(c) She is in agreement.
(d) She is emotional.
10. In Chapter 7, what do Mercy and Judith tell Kit when the guests are gone?
(a) That they like John more than William.
(b) That William is preparing for marriage.
(c) That they do not want her to marry William.
(d) That they think William does not really like her anymore.
11. What state seems to be taking longer accepting a governor appointed by the monarchy?
12. What is Kit's initial reaction to Wethersfield?
(a) She is excited to be there.
(b) She is overwhelmed by how big it is.
(c) She is enthralled by its beauty.
(d) She is disappointed by the small town.
13. Where does Hannah live?
(a) In the middle of the hustle and bustle of Wethersfield.
(b) Next door to the Wood residence.
(c) In a little house on the edge of a marshy pond.
(d) In a huge mansion at the end of the Great Meadow.
14. Who teaches Kit how to read?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her maidservant.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
15. What does William think that his new responsibility will enable him to do?
(a) Give him advancement in politics.
(b) Gain respect in the community.
(c) Settle down.
(d) Move to the big city.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kit feel about her first prayer meeting?
2. In Chapter 10, what does Kit tell Mr. Kimberly about the play-acting at the school?
3. What do Rachel and Mercy make for Kit?
4. After service, Dr. Bulkeley and who else are invited to the Woods' for dinner?
5. What type of political outlook does Kit's grandfather adhere to?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)