|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hannah do when she sees Kit crying in the Great Meadow?
(a) She starts crying too.
(b) She yells at Kit to go away.
(c) She does nothing but stare at Kit.
(d) She goes out and invites Kit to her house.
2. What happens to Rachel's first son?
(a) He gets lost in the nearby forest.
(b) He drowns in the marshy pond.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He dies of fever.
3. How does John react when hearing that Kit can read and what she reads?
(a) He is surprised and shocked.
(b) He is excited and encouraging.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He is impressed.
4. Which king gives the charter to the colonists?
(a) King James.
(b) King Charles.
(c) King Henry XI.
(d) King Edward VI.
5. What meal does Kit try to help make?
(c) Corn pudding.
(d) Soda bread.
6. Because the girls are busy trying on their new clothes, what is left undone?
(c) Household chores.
(d) Going to town.
7. Why does no one live in the Great Meadow?
(a) Because it floods every spring.
(b) Because it is an ancient Indian burial ground.
(c) Because the governor has declared it off-limits to the Colonies.
(d) Because it is too far from town.
8. What type of political outlook does Kit's grandfather adhere to?
9. In Chapter 7, what important responsibility has William recently been given?
(a) Lead choir singer.
(b) Community organizer.
(c) Viewer of Fences.
(d) Builder of the new Meeting House.
10. How does Kit feel about her first prayer meeting?
(a) She is indifferent and just glad not to be working.
(b) She loves it.
(c) She finds it long and boring.
(d) She find it interesting but a bit long.
11. How is Kit received when her aunt learns that she has come to live with them?
(a) Her aunt is very excited.
(b) Her aunt knew she was coming.
(c) Kit is told to leave immediately.
(d) Kit is not well-received.
12. How do Kit's cousins respond to her many fancy and colorful gowns?
(a) They are fascinated by them.
(b) They think they are ugly.
(c) They think they are inappropriate.
(d) They are jealous.
13. How does Kit feel about having to go to prayer meeting?
(a) She does not care either way.
(b) She is excited to go.
(c) She does not want to go.
(d) She is interested in going so she can learn more.
14. How does Judith describe Hannah Tupper?
(a) She says Hannah is a nice but shy girl.
(b) She says Hannah is her best friend.
(c) She says Hannah is a witch.
(d) She says Hannah goes to church every day.
15. What is the name of the port where Kit first goes ashore on her way to Wethersfield?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the schoolmaster and the reverend do when they come into the class and see the children playing make-believe?
2. After Kit's grandfather dies, what happens to the plantation and Kit's wealth?
3. When Matthew returns home and sees the new clothes, what does he do?
4. How does Kit feel when the reverend says a prayer for Mercy and her affliction?
5. What additional gift does Kit convince Judith to take with the clothes she has already given her?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)