|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rachel respond when she hears about Kit spending time with Hannah?
(a) She thinks it is nice of Kit.
(b) She is very distressed to hear it.
(c) She is slightly worried but overall thinks it is fine.
(d) She is angery and yells at Kit.
2. How do the Puritans view play-acting?
(a) They consider it sinful.
(b) They think it is necessary.
(c) They see it as silly.
(d) They consider it great fun.
3. What additional gift does Kit convince Judith to take with the clothes she has already given her?
(a) A bonnet.
(b) Some stockings.
(c) Some shoes.
(d) A satchel.
4. What decision does Mr. Kimberly make about closing the school?
(a) It must close.
(b) It can stay open but Kit cannot teach anymore.
(c) It can stay open but neither girl can teach anymore.
(d) It can stay open.
5. What type of political outlook does Kit's grandfather adhere to?
6. What does Matthew think about the Assembly's land-concessions move?
(a) He thinks the idea is good but that the king should do it.
(b) It does not matter to him because he already has land.
(c) He does not agree at all.
(d) He supports it and thinks it will lessen the king's power.
7. How many trunks full of her belongings does Kit bring to Wethersfield?
8. What is the name of the port where Kit first goes ashore on her way to Wethersfield?
9. How old is Kit?
10. Who is the monarch of England at the time Kit moves to the colonies?
(a) King John.
(b) King James.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) King Edward.
11. What item does Prudence accidentally drop in the water?
(a) Her doll.
(b) Her eyeglasses.
(c) Her lunch.
(d) Her parisol.
12. Hannah is kind to Kit. What does she do that shows Kit kindness?
(a) Offers her a place to clean up.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Listens to her story and comforts her.
(d) Gives her a nice meal.
13. Who raises Kit?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her older brother.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her older sister.
14. What is Kit surprised to hear when they are leaving her first prayer meeting?
(a) That the meetings are only once a month.
(b) That she must go every single day.
(c) That they will be returning later for a second meeting.
(d) That she never has to go again.
15. What does Mercy tell Kit about their life in Wethersfield?
(a) That life is easy.
(b) That life has its ups and downs.
(c) That life is very hard for them.
(d) She tells Kit not to worry about anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kit jump off the boat and into the water in Chapter 1?
2. Who is named by England as governor of the Colonies?
3. What is the name of the woman who has taken Kit under her wing on the Dolphin?
4. It is common knowledge that once William decides on a wife, he will do what?
5. How does Kit find the work of weeding the onion patch?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)