|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Mr. Kimberly make about closing the school?
(a) It can stay open.
(b) It can stay open but neither girl can teach anymore.
(c) It can stay open but Kit cannot teach anymore.
(d) It must close.
2. Why were Hannah and her husband not allowed to stay in town when they arrived in Connecticut?
(a) Because they were not married correctly.
(b) The fact that they did not originally speak English.
(c) Because of their skin color.
(d) The branded scars on their foreheads.
3. When William first comes to court Kit, what do they do?
(a) They sit quietly side by side.
(b) They take a walk around the property.
(c) They play chess.
(d) They go into town.
4. Who teaches Kit how to read?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her maidservant.
5. What item does Prudence accidentally drop in the water?
(a) Her lunch.
(b) Her eyeglasses.
(c) Her parisol.
(d) Her doll.
6. Who raises Kit?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her older brother.
(d) Her older sister.
7. How does Nat view slavery?
(a) He is vehemently against it.
(b) He is not sure how he feels about it.
(c) He believes it is good and right.
(d) He could care less either way.
8. What are two sentiments that are deeply ingrained in the Colonies?
(a) The spirit of freedom and liberty.
(b) Interdependence on one another and England.
(c) The ideals of king and country.
(d) Religious freedom and commitment to the crown.
9. When Kit arrives in Wethersfield, who is there to meet her?
(a) No one.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her cousins.
(d) A slave woman.
10. How do the Puritans view play-acting?
(a) They see it as silly.
(b) They think it is necessary.
(c) They consider it sinful.
(d) They consider it great fun.
11. Who is named by England as governor of the Colonies?
12. After service, Dr. Bulkeley and who else are invited to the Woods' for dinner?
(b) Their impoverished neighbors.
(d) Mr. Holbrook.
13. How many trunks full of her belongings does Kit bring to Wethersfield?
14. Who is the monarch of England at the time Kit moves to the colonies?
(a) King James.
(b) King John.
(c) King Edward.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
15. What warning does Mr. Holbrook give Kit?
(a) That she has to watch out who she befriends.
(b) That society is different in the Colony.
(c) That the water is full of parasites.
(d) To keep her hands and feet in the boat at all times.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kit feel when the reverend says a prayer for Mercy and her affliction?
2. Where do Hannah and her husband walk from to Wethersfield?
3. How does Kit feel about having to go to prayer meeting?
4. How does John react when hearing that Kit can read and what she reads?
5. What does the author note in Chapter 6 that is a touchy subject in Wethersfield?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)