|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many trunks full of her belongings does Kit bring to Wethersfield?
2. How does Nat view slavery?
(a) He could care less either way.
(b) He is not sure how he feels about it.
(c) He believes it is good and right.
(d) He is vehemently against it.
3. Whom does Kit seem to have made quite an impression on and is introduced to after the service?
(a) John Carter.
(b) William Ashby.
(c) Peter Turner.
(d) Dr. Bulkeley.
4. How does Kit feel about her first prayer meeting?
(a) She finds it long and boring.
(b) She loves it.
(c) She is indifferent and just glad not to be working.
(d) She find it interesting but a bit long.
5. What is the name of the woman who has taken Kit under her wing on the Dolphin?
(a) Mrs. Edwards.
(b) Mrs. Smith.
(c) Mrs. Eaton.
(d) Mrs. Washington.
6. What are two sentiments that are deeply ingrained in the Colonies?
(a) The spirit of freedom and liberty.
(b) The ideals of king and country.
(c) Religious freedom and commitment to the crown.
(d) Interdependence on one another and England.
7. What about Hannah's physical appearance seems to frighten Kit?
(a) Her toothless smile.
(b) Her crooked nose.
(c) Her scraggly hair.
(d) The nasty scar on her forehead.
8. Why does Kit jump off the boat and into the water in Chapter 1?
(a) To save someone's life.
(b) Because it is very hot.
(c) Because the ship is sinking and everyone has to.
(d) To retrieve what Prudence had dropped.
9. What state seems to be taking longer accepting a governor appointed by the monarchy?
10. What happens when Kit begins to help with the chores?
(a) She finds them difficult and is not very good at them.
(b) She is not very fast at the chores, but they get done.
(c) She helps greatly and makes everthing easier.
(d) She is bad at a few but excellent at the cooking.
11. When William first comes to court Kit, what do they do?
(a) They take a walk around the property.
(b) They go into town.
(c) They sit quietly side by side.
(d) They play chess.
12. What does Matthew think about the Assembly's land-concessions move?
(a) He supports it and thinks it will lessen the king's power.
(b) He thinks the idea is good but that the king should do it.
(c) It does not matter to him because he already has land.
(d) He does not agree at all.
13. After Kit's grandfather dies, what happens to the plantation and Kit's wealth?
(a) It is given to the first male heir.
(b) It all burns in an accidental fire.
(c) She has to sell it all to pay her grandfather's debts.
(d) Nothing. She still owns it all but does not want to live alone.
14. What is the religion of Kit's relatives in Wethersfield?
15. What is Mr. Holbrook studying to be?
(a) A schoolteacher.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A minister.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Prudence accidentally drop in the water?
2. What opinion does Dr. Bulkeley mention that upsets Matthew?
3. What story does Kit have the students act out?
4. What additional gift does Kit convince Judith to take with the clothes she has already given her?
5. What is the name of the captain's son?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)