|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hurtful thing does Judith say about her cousin her first night there?
(a) That Kit is just a spoiled farm girl.
(b) That Kit is not very nice.
(c) That Kit is not very pretty.
(d) That Kit should have been a boy; it would be more helpful.
2. What are two sentiments that are deeply ingrained in the Colonies?
(a) Interdependence on one another and England.
(b) Religious freedom and commitment to the crown.
(c) The spirit of freedom and liberty.
(d) The ideals of king and country.
3. Why were Hannah and her husband not allowed to stay in town when they arrived in Connecticut?
(a) The fact that they did not originally speak English.
(b) Because of their skin color.
(c) The branded scars on their foreheads.
(d) Because they were not married correctly.
4. Where is Kit to sleep her first night in the Colony?
(a) In the barn.
(b) On the floor.
(c) In Judith's bed.
(d) In Mercy's bed.
5. What type of political outlook does Kit's grandfather adhere to?
6. How do the Puritans view play-acting?
(a) They consider it great fun.
(b) They see it as silly.
(c) They consider it sinful.
(d) They think it is necessary.
7. What type of home does Kit grown up in?
(a) A shack.
(b) An orphanage.
(c) A cottage.
(d) A plantation.
8. In Chapter 7, what important responsibility has William recently been given?
(a) Community organizer.
(b) Builder of the new Meeting House.
(c) Lead choir singer.
(d) Viewer of Fences.
9. Why does Kit jump off the boat and into the water in Chapter 1?
(a) Because it is very hot.
(b) To retrieve what Prudence had dropped.
(c) To save someone's life.
(d) Because the ship is sinking and everyone has to.
10. What response does William's request of Matthew in Chapter 6 elicit from the three girls?
11. How does Kit feel about having to go to prayer meeting?
(a) She does not want to go.
(b) She is interested in going so she can learn more.
(c) She does not care either way.
(d) She is excited to go.
12. What does the author note in Chapter 6 that is a touchy subject in Wethersfield?
(b) Womens' rights.
13. What does William think that his new responsibility will enable him to do?
(a) Settle down.
(b) Move to the big city.
(c) Gain respect in the community.
(d) Give him advancement in politics.
14. What keeps Matthew Wood from having a larger plot in the meadow?
(a) He considers having a larger plot to be greedy.
(b) He does not want a larger plot.
(c) He is not allowed to have a larger plot.
(d) He does not have anyone to help him with the land.
15. How does Kit feel about her first prayer meeting?
(a) She find it interesting but a bit long.
(b) She loves it.
(c) She finds it long and boring.
(d) She is indifferent and just glad not to be working.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Judith describe Hannah Tupper?
2. After Kit's grandfather dies, what happens to the plantation and Kit's wealth?
3. Which king gives the charter to the colonists?
4. When Matthew Wood finds out how much luggage Kit has brought with her, what is his response?
5. Who is Dr. Bulkeley?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)