|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Matthew returns home and sees the new clothes, what does he do?
(a) He thanks Kit profusely.
(b) He does not really notice.
(c) He demands that his daughters return the clothes.
(d) He pretends that he likes the dresses.
2. How does Kit react to teaching the young children?
(a) She finds it quite dull.
(b) She thinks it is too hard and would rather do manual labor.
(c) She enjoys it.
(d) She thinks it is better than nothing.
3. What type of home does Kit grown up in?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) A shack.
(c) A cottage.
(d) A plantation.
4. Which king gives the charter to the colonists?
(a) King Henry XI.
(b) King James.
(c) King Charles.
(d) King Edward VI.
5. What familiar person does Kit meet again at the Meeting House?
(a) Mrs. Cruff.
(d) Mrs. Eaton.
6. How does Kit feel about her first prayer meeting?
(a) She find it interesting but a bit long.
(b) She loves it.
(c) She is indifferent and just glad not to be working.
(d) She finds it long and boring.
7. In chapter one, how do people seem to respond to Kit jumping in the water?
(a) They are annoyed.
(b) They they are concerned for her safety.
(c) They think it is funny.
(d) They find it admirable.
8. How many trunks full of her belongings does Kit bring to Wethersfield?
9. In Chapter 7, what important responsibility has William recently been given?
(a) Builder of the new Meeting House.
(b) Community organizer.
(c) Viewer of Fences.
(d) Lead choir singer.
10. What story does Kit have the students act out?
(a) The story of Esther.
(b) The Good Samaritan.
(c) Jonah and the Whale.
(d) Moses and the Exodus of the Israelites.
11. What decision does Mr. Kimberly make about closing the school?
(a) It can stay open but neither girl can teach anymore.
(b) It can stay open but Kit cannot teach anymore.
(c) It can stay open.
(d) It must close.
12. When Matthew Wood finds out how much luggage Kit has brought with her, what is his response?
(a) He thinks it is funny.
(b) He finds it wasteful and sinful.
(c) He does not really care either way.
(d) He thinks it is a bit much, but that she is a growing girl.
13. What warning does Mr. Holbrook give Kit?
(a) That she has to watch out who she befriends.
(b) That society is different in the Colony.
(c) To keep her hands and feet in the boat at all times.
(d) That the water is full of parasites.
14. Which of the following best describes the Great Meadow?
(a) Very fertile soil.
(b) Dry and barren.
(c) A poor place to live and plant.
(d) Green but poor soil for planting.
15. What opinion does Dr. Bulkeley mention that upsets Matthew?
(a) His enjoyment of reading for pleasure.
(b) His compliments about Kit's dress.
(c) His support of slavery.
(d) His approval of the Royalists.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John react when hearing that Kit can read and what she reads?
2. It is common knowledge that once William decides on a wife, he will do what?
3. How does Judith describe Hannah Tupper?
4. After Kit's grandfather dies, what happens to the plantation and Kit's wealth?
5. Why are Kit and Judith sent out to the meadows?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)