|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rachel respond when she hears about Kit spending time with Hannah?
(a) She thinks it is nice of Kit.
(b) She is angery and yells at Kit.
(c) She is very distressed to hear it.
(d) She is slightly worried but overall thinks it is fine.
2. What rumor does Nat hear when he returns with the Dolphin to Wethersfield?
(a) That William is already married.
(b) That William plans on marrying Kit.
(c) That William has decided to move to England.
(d) That William has been branded a Quaker.
3. What are two sentiments that are deeply ingrained in the Colonies?
(a) Religious freedom and commitment to the crown.
(b) The ideals of king and country.
(c) The spirit of freedom and liberty.
(d) Interdependence on one another and England.
4. Now that there is a new governor in Connecticut, what will increase?
(b) The amount of land each colonists owns.
(c) Religious freedom.
(d) Political freedom.
5. Which sister tends to be more patient with Kit as she tries to learn the chores?
(a) They are both impatient.
(c) They are both patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What response does William's request of Matthew in Chapter 6 elicit from the three girls?
2. Why do the townspeople come to Matthew's door saying they are going to get Hannah?
3. What is the name of the captain's son?
4. Why is Matthew angry about what Kit is wearing to prayer meeting?
5. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)