|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Kit's grandfather that causes his death?
(a) He drowns while swimming in the ocean.
(b) Someone poisons him.
(c) He is wounded in a farming accident.
(d) He becomes ill.
2. What do the schoolmaster and the reverend do when they come into the class and see the children playing make-believe?
(a) They do nothing and sit in silence.
(b) They dismiss Kit as a teacher.
(c) They clap and encourage the students.
(d) They scold the class and the teachers and leave.
3. What is the name of the captain's son?
4. How many days does it take the boat to make its way up the river to Wethersfield?
(a) 9 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 6 days.
5. What does Hannah do when she sees Kit crying in the Great Meadow?
(a) She yells at Kit to go away.
(b) She goes out and invites Kit to her house.
(c) She starts crying too.
(d) She does nothing but stare at Kit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the overseer of Kit's grandfather's plantation do?
2. What does William think about the new governor of the Colonies appointed by the King?
3. What about autumn enchants Kit?
4. What item does Prudence accidentally drop in the water?
5. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)