|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the Great Meadow?
(a) Very fertile soil.
(b) Dry and barren.
(c) A poor place to live and plant.
(d) Green but poor soil for planting.
2. What does John think when he hears that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
(a) He disapproves but thinks Hannah is a good person.
(b) He congratulates her on being so kind.
(c) He disapproves and thinks Hannah is a witch.
(d) He confesses that he has been visiting her too.
3. Where do Kit and Prudence decide to hide the hornbook?
(a) Hannah's house.
(b) Under Kit's bed.
(c) Under the pews in the Meeting House.
(d) William's house.
4. When Kit's grandfather dies, who is her only living relative left?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her brother.
5. What familiar person does Kit meet again at the Meeting House?
(b) Mrs. Cruff.
(c) Mrs. Eaton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Hannah and her husband walk from to Wethersfield?
2. Why do the townspeople come to Matthew's door saying they are going to get Hannah?
3. What is the religion of Kit's relatives in Wethersfield?
4. Who is there to comfort Judith when there is no news of John Holbrook's fate as a militiaman?
5. What rumor is Mrs. Cruff spreading about Kit on their boat ride to Wethersfield?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)