|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kit feel about having to go to prayer meeting?
(a) She is excited to go.
(b) She does not care either way.
(c) She is interested in going so she can learn more.
(d) She does not want to go.
2. How does Nat view slavery?
(a) He is not sure how he feels about it.
(b) He believes it is good and right.
(c) He is vehemently against it.
(d) He could care less either way.
3. When Matthew returns home and sees the new clothes, what does he do?
(a) He demands that his daughters return the clothes.
(b) He pretends that he likes the dresses.
(c) He does not really notice.
(d) He thanks Kit profusely.
4. What are two sentiments that are deeply ingrained in the Colonies?
(a) The ideals of king and country.
(b) The spirit of freedom and liberty.
(c) Religious freedom and commitment to the crown.
(d) Interdependence on one another and England.
5. Where is Kit traveling from on the Dolphin?
(d) St. Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kit feel about her first prayer meeting?
2. In Chapter 11, what does Kit notice as John Holbrook reads aloud to the group in the Woods' house?
3. Why is Mercy crippled?
4. What does John think when he hears that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
5. When Matthew Wood finds out how much luggage Kit has brought with her, what is his response?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)