|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Matthew Wood from having a larger plot in the meadow?
(a) He does not want a larger plot.
(b) He is not allowed to have a larger plot.
(c) He does not have anyone to help him with the land.
(d) He considers having a larger plot to be greedy.
2. Who comes to Kit's defense when Matthew gets angry about Kit's outfit?
(a) No one.
3. What does Hannah do when she sees Kit crying in the Great Meadow?
(a) She yells at Kit to go away.
(b) She starts crying too.
(c) She goes out and invites Kit to her house.
(d) She does nothing but stare at Kit.
4. Where does Hannah live?
(a) In a little house on the edge of a marshy pond.
(b) In the middle of the hustle and bustle of Wethersfield.
(c) Next door to the Wood residence.
(d) In a huge mansion at the end of the Great Meadow.
5. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
(a) They are chastised and told to pray.
(b) They are put in the stocks.
(c) They are congratulated for their good joke.
(d) They are asked to leave the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
2. Not long after John's departure, what happens to Judith?
3. It is summer; what little anonymous gift has Kit been receiving?
4. When Matthew initially hears of the townspeople trying to go after Hannah, how does he respond?
5. What about Hannah's physical appearance seems to frighten Kit?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)