|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the monarch of England at the time Kit moves to the colonies?
(a) King Edward.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) King James.
(d) King John.
2. Why does no one live in the Great Meadow?
(a) Because it is an ancient Indian burial ground.
(b) Because it is too far from town.
(c) Because it floods every spring.
(d) Because the governor has declared it off-limits to the Colonies.
3. How does Kit feel about her first prayer meeting?
(a) She is indifferent and just glad not to be working.
(b) She find it interesting but a bit long.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She finds it long and boring.
4. What keeps Matthew Wood from having a larger plot in the meadow?
(a) He does not want a larger plot.
(b) He is not allowed to have a larger plot.
(c) He considers having a larger plot to be greedy.
(d) He does not have anyone to help him with the land.
5. Who is the thin, bedraggled man who suddenly shows up at the Woods' door one winter night?
(d) Mr. Kimberley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor does Nat hear when he returns with the Dolphin to Wethersfield?
2. When the Dolphin is back in port, what does Nat bring back for Hannah?
3. What does Kit realize one day as she watches her uncle gazing at his land?
4. In Chapter 7, what important responsibility has William recently been given?
5. What type of political outlook does Kit's grandfather adhere to?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)