|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Kit and Judith sent out to the meadows?
(a) To shoo away the rabbits.
(b) To weed the onion fields.
(c) To pick berries.
(d) Because they are in trouble.
2. When Matthew initially hears of the townspeople trying to go after Hannah, how does he respond?
(a) He tells them to do what they think is best, but he will not join.
(b) He is too worried about his daughter to care.
(c) He tries to dissuade them.
(d) He decides to join them.
3. What does John think when he hears that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
(a) He disapproves and thinks Hannah is a witch.
(b) He congratulates her on being so kind.
(c) He confesses that he has been visiting her too.
(d) He disapproves but thinks Hannah is a good person.
4. Why does no one live in the Great Meadow?
(a) Because it floods every spring.
(b) Because the governor has declared it off-limits to the Colonies.
(c) Because it is too far from town.
(d) Because it is an ancient Indian burial ground.
5. Where is Kit to sleep her first night in the Colony?
(a) On the floor.
(b) In Mercy's bed.
(c) In the barn.
(d) In Judith's bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Prudence accidentally drop in the water?
2. What is the name of Hannah's husband?
3. What news from the town selectmen does Mercy have for Kit when she returns home from the Great Meadow?
4. What response does William's request of Matthew in Chapter 6 elicit from the three girls?
5. Who is there to comfort Judith when there is no news of John Holbrook's fate as a militiaman?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)