|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the punishment for all of Kit's so-called crimes?
(a) Two years in prison.
2. With the coming of winter, what is Kit's emotional state?
(a) She is happy and excited.
(b) She is mellow.
(c) She is lonely and depressed.
(d) She is angry and snippy.
3. Who comes to the Woods' house to help with Mercy in Chapter 17?
(a) Dr. Bulkeley.
(c) John Holbrook.
(d) The governor.
4. Who is Dr. Bulkeley?
(a) The town physician.
(b) The mayor.
(c) Mr. Holbrook's professor.
(d) Matthew's boss.
5. Which sister tends to be more patient with Kit as she tries to learn the chores?
(b) They are both impatient.
(d) They are both patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Kit's grandfather that causes his death?
2. When do the settlers get together to husk the corn?
3. Who arrives while Kit is visiting Hannah in Chapter 10?
4. How old is Kit?
5. What decision does Mr. Kimberly make about closing the school?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)