|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the overseer of Kit's grandfather's plantation do?
(a) He helps Kit move to her aunt's.
(b) He embezzles from her grandfather and runs off.
(c) He helps Kit when her grandfather dies.
(d) He increases the plantation's wealth.
2. When Matthew initially hears of the townspeople trying to go after Hannah, how does he respond?
(a) He tells them to do what they think is best, but he will not join.
(b) He is too worried about his daughter to care.
(c) He tries to dissuade them.
(d) He decides to join them.
3. What happens when Kit begins to help with the chores?
(a) She finds them difficult and is not very good at them.
(b) She is not very fast at the chores, but they get done.
(c) She helps greatly and makes everthing easier.
(d) She is bad at a few but excellent at the cooking.
4. How does Mr. Cruff respond when his daughter reads the Bible in front of the courtroom?
(a) He is proud that she can read.
(b) He is angry that she can read.
(c) He is ashamed of her.
(d) He is furious that she has been spending time with Kit.
5. Who comes into town with reports from the militia?
(a) Two militiamen.
(d) The governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to defend Kit in court?
2. What does Hannah do when she sees Kit crying in the Great Meadow?
3. What do the Puritans consider the Quakers?
4. What additional gift does Kit convince Judith to take with the clothes she has already given her?
5. What decision does Mr. Kimberly make about closing the school?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)