|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kit feel about having to go to prayer meeting?
(a) She does not care either way.
(b) She is excited to go.
(c) She does not want to go.
(d) She is interested in going so she can learn more.
2. What item does Prudence accidentally drop in the water?
(a) Her lunch.
(b) Her parisol.
(c) Her doll.
(d) Her eyeglasses.
3. When Kit arrives at her aunt's house, what disturbing news does she hear about John Holbrook?
(a) He has given up school to be a sailor.
(b) He has decided that he too loves Kit.
(c) He has joined the militia to fight the Indians.
(d) He has started working for the new governor.
4. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
(a) That she can do anything she puts her mind to.
(b) That she can learn if she tries and works hard.
(c) That she is too stupid to learn to read.
(d) That she is the smartest girl.
5. In Chapter 10, what does Kit tell Mr. Kimberly about the play-acting at the school?
(a) Kit tells him she will not abide by the rules.
(b) Kit explains that she knows that play-acting is bad and is sorry.
(c) Kit explains that she is new and did not know.
(d) Kit tells him that the children should be allowed to play-act.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Kit's father and mother meet?
2. What rumor is Mrs. Cruff spreading about Kit on their boat ride to Wethersfield?
3. In chapter one, how do people seem to respond to Kit jumping in the water?
4. It is common knowledge that once William decides on a wife, he will do what?
5. What cargo is Nat's ship carrying in Chapter 14?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)