|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Matthew angry about what Kit is wearing to prayer meeting?
(a) He thinks she looks too pretty.
(b) He thinks it will cause others to be jealous.
(c) He finds her clothes scandalous.
(d) He thinks she looks nicer than he does and is bothered.
2. It is summer; what little anonymous gift has Kit been receiving?
(a) Pretty pebbles.
(c) Paper dolls.
3. Who is named by England as governor of the Colonies?
4. What does Hannah do to raise some money to pay for taxes and fines?
(a) She sells vegetables.
(b) She sells bread.
(c) She knits socks and blankets.
(d) She spins flax for some of the townspeople.
5. What does Matthew think about the Assembly's land-concessions move?
(a) It does not matter to him because he already has land.
(b) He supports it and thinks it will lessen the king's power.
(c) He thinks the idea is good but that the king should do it.
(d) He does not agree at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raises Kit?
2. In Chapter 11, what does Kit notice as John Holbrook reads aloud to the group in the Woods' house?
3. What meal does Kit try to help make?
4. What warning does Matthew give Kit about living with them?
5. What does Kit confess to Nat?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)