|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kit realize one day as she watches her uncle gazing at his land?
(a) How hard he has had to fight for it.
(b) How much she dislikes her uncle.
(c) How similiar her uncle and Mercy look.
(d) How much her uncle reminds her of her father.
2. Who raises Kit?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her older sister.
(c) Her older brother.
(d) Her grandfather.
3. What happens to Rachel's first son?
(a) He drowns in the marshy pond.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He dies of fever.
(d) He gets lost in the nearby forest.
4. Why is Mercy crippled?
(a) She was born that way.
(b) Because of a fever as a child.
(c) No one knows why.
(d) Because of a fall from a horse.
5. What rumor does Nat hear when he returns with the Dolphin to Wethersfield?
(a) That William is already married.
(b) That William has been branded a Quaker.
(c) That William has decided to move to England.
(d) That William plans on marrying Kit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is governor of the Connecticut Colony by Chapter 15?
2. What does Kit think of the fields of the Great Meadow?
3. When the Dolphin is back in port, what does Nat bring back for Hannah?
4. Who is named by England as governor of the Colonies?
5. How does Matthew react when he learns that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)