|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the schoolmaster and the reverend do when they come into the class and see the children playing make-believe?
(a) They clap and encourage the students.
(b) They do nothing and sit in silence.
(c) They dismiss Kit as a teacher.
(d) They scold the class and the teachers and leave.
2. After service, Dr. Bulkeley and who else are invited to the Woods' for dinner?
(b) Mr. Holbrook.
(c) Their impoverished neighbors.
3. How is Kit received when her aunt learns that she has come to live with them?
(a) Kit is not well-received.
(b) Kit is told to leave immediately.
(c) Her aunt is very excited.
(d) Her aunt knew she was coming.
4. What rumor does Nat hear when he returns with the Dolphin to Wethersfield?
(a) That William plans on marrying Kit.
(b) That William has decided to move to England.
(c) That William has been branded a Quaker.
(d) That William is already married.
5. Who comes to the Woods' house to help with Mercy in Chapter 17?
(a) Dr. Bulkeley.
(b) The governor.
(d) John Holbrook.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is common knowledge that once William decides on a wife, he will do what?
2. Now that there is a new governor in Connecticut, what will increase?
3. What happens to Rachel's first son?
4. What type of home does Kit grown up in?
5. What does Kit mention the Dolphin smells like?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)