|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Kit and Prudence decide to hide the hornbook?
(a) Under Kit's bed.
(b) Under the pews in the Meeting House.
(c) William's house.
(d) Hannah's house.
2. When do the settlers get together to husk the corn?
(a) After Lent.
(b) In the autumn.
(c) After the harvest.
(d) Every Easter.
3. What does Hannah do to raise some money to pay for taxes and fines?
(a) She sells bread.
(b) She spins flax for some of the townspeople.
(c) She knits socks and blankets.
(d) She sells vegetables.
4. It is summer; what little anonymous gift has Kit been receiving?
(a) Paper dolls.
(c) Pretty pebbles.
5. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
(a) That she can learn if she tries and works hard.
(b) That she is too stupid to learn to read.
(c) That she can do anything she puts her mind to.
(d) That she is the smartest girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Puritans view play-acting?
2. Until moving to the colonies, what role does religion play in Kit's life?
3. What does Kit think of the fields of the Great Meadow?
4. What does Kit mention the Dolphin smells like?
5. Because the girls are busy trying on their new clothes, what is left undone?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)