|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the townspeople come to Matthew's door saying they are going to get Hannah?
(a) Because they think she is in league with the enemy.
(b) Because they think she has caused the fever.
(c) Because they need someone to pick on.
(d) Because they saw her being a witch.
2. Whom does Kit seem to have made quite an impression on and is introduced to after the service?
(a) Peter Turner.
(b) William Ashby.
(c) Dr. Bulkeley.
(d) John Carter.
3. How do the Puritans view play-acting?
(a) They consider it great fun.
(b) They see it as silly.
(c) They think it is necessary.
(d) They consider it sinful.
4. What does Hannah do to raise some money to pay for taxes and fines?
(a) She spins flax for some of the townspeople.
(b) She sells vegetables.
(c) She sells bread.
(d) She knits socks and blankets.
5. What is Nat doing when Kit arrives at Hannah's in Chapter 12?
(a) Making candles.
(b) Helping to build a fence.
(c) Fixing the roof.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the act of hiding the charter mean to the king?
2. What does Kit think of the fields of the Great Meadow?
3. What is the name of the woman who has taken Kit under her wing on the Dolphin?
4. What happens to Rachel's first son?
5. Whom does Judith declare she is going to marry?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)