|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Prudence accidentally drop in the water?
(a) Her doll.
(b) Her lunch.
(c) Her parisol.
(d) Her eyeglasses.
2. What additional gift does Kit convince Judith to take with the clothes she has already given her?
(a) Some shoes.
(b) A satchel.
(c) Some stockings.
(d) A bonnet.
3. Until moving to the colonies, what role does religion play in Kit's life?
(a) It was very important to her, but she abandons it.
(b) It is still important to her.
(c) Not a very big role.
(d) It is important, but she follows a different religion than the Woods.
4. When Kit arrives at her aunt's house, what disturbing news does she hear about John Holbrook?
(a) He has given up school to be a sailor.
(b) He has started working for the new governor.
(c) He has joined the militia to fight the Indians.
(d) He has decided that he too loves Kit.
5. What does Kit realize one day as she watches her uncle gazing at his land?
(a) How much she dislikes her uncle.
(b) How much her uncle reminds her of her father.
(c) How hard he has had to fight for it.
(d) How similiar her uncle and Mercy look.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mercy tell Kit about their life in Wethersfield?
2. Who hands out new concessions of land grants?
3. What is the religion of Kit's relatives in Wethersfield?
4. When Matthew Wood finds out how much luggage Kit has brought with her, what is his response?
5. Who hides the charter from the new governor?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)