|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news from the town selectmen does Mercy have for Kit when she returns home from the Great Meadow?
(a) Kit must throw away all her fine clothes from Barbados.
(b) Kit is no longer allowed to read for fun.
(c) Kit must be baptized soon.
(d) Kit can help Mercy teach the young children lettering.
2. What does William ask Matthew in Chapter 6?
(a) For a place to stay.
(b) For a job.
(c) For permission to court Kit.
(d) For permission to court Judith.
3. Because the girls are busy trying on their new clothes, what is left undone?
(b) Going to town.
(c) Household chores.
4. What does William mention he is intending to build?
(a) A house for himself.
(b) A chicken coop.
(c) A plantation.
(d) A new wagon.
5. After Kit's grandfather dies, what happens to the plantation and Kit's wealth?
(a) It all burns in an accidental fire.
(b) Nothing. She still owns it all but does not want to live alone.
(c) She has to sell it all to pay her grandfather's debts.
(d) It is given to the first male heir.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what important responsibility has William recently been given?
2. Why does Kit jump off the boat and into the water in Chapter 1?
3. What does Kit mention the Dolphin smells like?
4. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
5. What does Matthew think about the Assembly's land-concessions move?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)