|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Now that there is a new governor in Connecticut, what will increase?
(b) Religious freedom.
(c) The amount of land each colonists owns.
(d) Political freedom.
2. How does Kit feel when the reverend says a prayer for Mercy and her affliction?
(a) She is annoyed.
(b) She is emotional.
(c) She is thankful.
(d) She is in agreement.
3. What does the overseer of Kit's grandfather's plantation do?
(a) He embezzles from her grandfather and runs off.
(b) He helps Kit when her grandfather dies.
(c) He helps Kit move to her aunt's.
(d) He increases the plantation's wealth.
4. Which sister tends to be more patient with Kit as she tries to learn the chores?
(c) They are both impatient.
(d) They are both patient.
5. How does Kit feel about her first prayer meeting?
(a) She finds it long and boring.
(b) She find it interesting but a bit long.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She is indifferent and just glad not to be working.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hides the charter from the new governor?
2. How does John react when hearing that Kit can read and what she reads?
3. What happens to Kit's grandfather that causes his death?
4. What does Kit confide to Hannah when she brings her Nat's gift?
5. What day is prayer meeting held?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)