|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kit find the work of weeding the onion patch?
(a) She finds it enjoyable.
(b) She finds it quite relaxing.
(c) She finds that it is over quickly.
(d) She finds it very strenuous.
2. Not long after John's departure, what happens to Judith?
(a) She realizes that she is in love with someone else.
(b) She decides to become a nun.
(c) She states that she does not want to live in the Colony anymore.
(d) She comes down with fever.
3. What does Kit confide to Hannah when she brings her Nat's gift?
(a) She tells Hannah that she is thinking of going to England.
(b) She tells Hannah that Nat is in trouble.
(c) She tells Hannah she is not sure about William's proposal.
(d) She tells Hannah that she might want to be a Quaker.
4. What about autumn enchants Kit?
(a) The coming holidays.
(b) The thoughts of snow coming soon.
(c) The many changing colors.
(d) The leaves falling.
5. Where is Kit to sleep her first night in the Colony?
(a) In Judith's bed.
(b) In the barn.
(c) On the floor.
(d) In Mercy's bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of home does Kit grown up in?
2. Which of the following best describes the Great Meadow?
3. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
4. Why does Kit jump off the boat and into the water in Chapter 1?
5. What warning does Matthew give Kit about living with them?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)