|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cargo is Nat's ship carrying in Chapter 14?
(b) English glass.
2. In Chapter 7, what do Mercy and Judith tell Kit when the guests are gone?
(a) That they like John more than William.
(b) That they think William does not really like her anymore.
(c) That William is preparing for marriage.
(d) That they do not want her to marry William.
3. Because the girls are busy trying on their new clothes, what is left undone?
(a) Household chores.
(d) Going to town.
4. What does Hannah do to raise some money to pay for taxes and fines?
(a) She knits socks and blankets.
(b) She spins flax for some of the townspeople.
(c) She sells vegetables.
(d) She sells bread.
5. Where is Kit traveling from on the Dolphin?
(b) St. Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is common knowledge that once William decides on a wife, he will do what?
2. When the Dolphin is back in port, what does Nat bring back for Hannah?
3. When Matthew Wood finds out how much luggage Kit has brought with her, what is his response?
4. Who teaches Kit how to read?
5. How does Kit describe her Aunt's home?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)