|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Puritans view play-acting?
(a) They consider it great fun.
(b) They see it as silly.
(c) They think it is necessary.
(d) They consider it sinful.
2. What author does Kit discover Nat enjoys reading?
3. Where do Kit and Prudence decide to hide the hornbook?
(a) Hannah's house.
(b) Under the pews in the Meeting House.
(c) William's house.
(d) Under Kit's bed.
4. Where does Hannah live?
(a) In a huge mansion at the end of the Great Meadow.
(b) In the middle of the hustle and bustle of Wethersfield.
(c) Next door to the Wood residence.
(d) In a little house on the edge of a marshy pond.
5. What does Nat insist on doing after dinner at Hannah's?
(a) Walking Kit home.
(b) Reading out loud.
(c) Having dessert.
(d) Playing a game of cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kit feel when the reverend says a prayer for Mercy and her affliction?
2. What does Kit tend to do at the end of each class?
3. In Chapter 7, who comes and interrupts Kit's time with William?
4. Whom does Kit seem to have made quite an impression on and is introduced to after the service?
5. After Kit's grandfather dies, what happens to the plantation and Kit's wealth?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)