|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kit realize one day as she watches her uncle gazing at his land?
(a) How much she dislikes her uncle.
(b) How hard he has had to fight for it.
(c) How much her uncle reminds her of her father.
(d) How similiar her uncle and Mercy look.
2. How do Kit's cousins respond to her many fancy and colorful gowns?
(a) They think they are ugly.
(b) They are jealous.
(c) They think they are inappropriate.
(d) They are fascinated by them.
3. What type of home does Kit grown up in?
(a) A cottage.
(b) A plantation.
(c) A shack.
(d) An orphanage.
4. What holiday does the new governor decide to change the date of?
(d) The winter solstice.
5. What changes in Prudence does the reader see in Chapter 16?
(a) There really are no changes.
(b) She is now a happy and confident girl.
(c) She has grown very tall.
(d) She is very sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the townspeople come to Matthew's door saying they are going to get Hannah?
2. What does Mercy tell Kit about their life in Wethersfield?
3. Who raises Kit?
4. What is the name of the port where Kit first goes ashore on her way to Wethersfield?
5. What does the act of hiding the charter mean to the king?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)