|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Kit received when her aunt learns that she has come to live with them?
(a) Her aunt knew she was coming.
(b) Her aunt is very excited.
(c) Kit is told to leave immediately.
(d) Kit is not well-received.
2. When Kit's grandfather dies, who is her only living relative left?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her aunt.
3. Who is the only member of the Wood family not expected to attend prayer meeting?
4. Why were Hannah and her husband not allowed to stay in town when they arrived in Connecticut?
(a) Because they were not married correctly.
(b) Because of their skin color.
(c) The fact that they did not originally speak English.
(d) The branded scars on their foreheads.
5. What warning does Matthew give Kit about living with them?
(a) He warns her that she must abide by their customs.
(b) He tells her to watch out for the witch down the street.
(c) He warns her about bugs, snakes and other dangers.
(d) He tells her not to leave the town borders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about autumn enchants Kit?
2. What does Kit tend to do at the end of each class?
3. What author does Kit discover Nat enjoys reading?
4. What group of people does Kit see at the port dressed in somber colors and styles?
5. What does the act of hiding the charter mean to the king?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)