|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Matthew angry about what Kit is wearing to prayer meeting?
(a) He thinks she looks too pretty.
(b) He finds her clothes scandalous.
(c) He thinks she looks nicer than he does and is bothered.
(d) He thinks it will cause others to be jealous.
2. What changes in Prudence does the reader see in Chapter 16?
(a) She has grown very tall.
(b) She is very sick.
(c) There really are no changes.
(d) She is now a happy and confident girl.
3. What does the author note in Chapter 6 that is a touchy subject in Wethersfield?
(c) Womens' rights.
4. What does the overseer of Kit's grandfather's plantation do?
(a) He embezzles from her grandfather and runs off.
(b) He helps Kit move to her aunt's.
(c) He increases the plantation's wealth.
(d) He helps Kit when her grandfather dies.
5. What is Mr. Holbrook studying to be?
(a) A minister.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A schoolteacher.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the school that Mercy teaches the young children?
2. What opinion does Dr. Bulkeley mention that upsets Matthew?
3. How does Kit feel about having to go to prayer meeting?
4. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
5. What do some rowdy sailors put in the windows of the house William is building?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)