|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John think when he hears that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
(a) He congratulates her on being so kind.
(b) He confesses that he has been visiting her too.
(c) He disapproves and thinks Hannah is a witch.
(d) He disapproves but thinks Hannah is a good person.
2. When Kit arrives in Wethersfield, who is there to meet her?
(a) No one.
(b) A slave woman.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her cousins.
3. In Chapter 7, what do Mercy and Judith tell Kit when the guests are gone?
(a) That William is preparing for marriage.
(b) That they do not want her to marry William.
(c) That they think William does not really like her anymore.
(d) That they like John more than William.
4. What does Kit confess to Nat?
(a) She is not treated well.
(b) She is not really happy.
(c) She is in love with William.
(d) She hates her family.
5. Whom does Kit seem to have made quite an impression on and is introduced to after the service?
(a) Dr. Bulkeley.
(b) John Carter.
(c) Peter Turner.
(d) William Ashby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author note in Chapter 6 that is a touchy subject in Wethersfield?
2. What keeps Matthew Wood from having a larger plot in the meadow?
3. What item does Prudence accidentally drop in the water?
4. What is the name of the captain's son?
5. When do the settlers get together to husk the corn?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)