|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Kit's defense when Matthew gets angry about Kit's outfit?
(a) No one.
2. What does Mercy tell Kit about their life in Wethersfield?
(a) That life is easy.
(b) She tells Kit not to worry about anything.
(c) That life is very hard for them.
(d) That life has its ups and downs.
3. How does Kit describe her Aunt's home?
(a) As large, ornate and gaudy.
(b) As large but sparsely furnished.
(c) As dirty and run-down.
(d) As small but splendid.
4. Who hands out new concessions of land grants?
(a) The Assembly.
(b) The Church.
(c) The City Council.
(d) The Mayor.
5. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
(a) That she is too stupid to learn to read.
(b) That she can do anything she puts her mind to.
(c) That she can learn if she tries and works hard.
(d) That she is the smartest girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kit confess to Nat?
2. It is common knowledge that once William decides on a wife, he will do what?
3. When Matthew returns home and sees the new clothes, what does he do?
4. How does John react when hearing that Kit can read and what she reads?
5. How does Judith describe Hannah Tupper?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)