|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Kit's father and mother meet?
(a) In Jamaica.
(b) In the Colony.
(c) In Barbados.
(d) In England.
2. Where is the school that Mercy teaches the young children?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The Woods' kitchen.
(c) The Meeting House.
(d) The schoolhouse.
3. What does Mercy tell Kit about their life in Wethersfield?
(a) She tells Kit not to worry about anything.
(b) That life is very hard for them.
(c) That life has its ups and downs.
(d) That life is easy.
4. When do the settlers get together to husk the corn?
(a) After the harvest.
(b) In the autumn.
(c) Every Easter.
(d) After Lent.
5. Where is Kit to sleep her first night in the Colony?
(a) In Mercy's bed.
(b) In the barn.
(c) In Judith's bed.
(d) On the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Until moving to the colonies, what role does religion play in Kit's life?
2. When Matthew Wood finds out how much luggage Kit has brought with her, what is his response?
3. What does the overseer of Kit's grandfather's plantation do?
4. How does Matthew react when he learns that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
5. Whom does Kit seem to have made quite an impression on and is introduced to after the service?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)