|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dr. Bulkeley?
(a) Mr. Holbrook's professor.
(b) The town physician.
(c) Matthew's boss.
(d) The mayor.
2. What hurtful thing does Judith say about her cousin her first night there?
(a) That Kit is just a spoiled farm girl.
(b) That Kit is not very nice.
(c) That Kit is not very pretty.
(d) That Kit should have been a boy; it would be more helpful.
3. Where do Kit's father and mother meet?
(a) In Jamaica.
(b) In the Colony.
(c) In Barbados.
(d) In England.
4. How old is Kit?
5. How do Kit's cousins respond to her many fancy and colorful gowns?
(a) They think they are ugly.
(b) They are jealous.
(c) They are fascinated by them.
(d) They think they are inappropriate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kit consider Mercy to be?
2. Where do Kit and Prudence decide to hide the hornbook?
3. What news from the town selectmen does Mercy have for Kit when she returns home from the Great Meadow?
4. What does the author note in Chapter 6 that is a touchy subject in Wethersfield?
5. After Kit's grandfather dies, what happens to the plantation and Kit's wealth?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)