|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hannah is kind to Kit. What does she do that shows Kit kindness?
(a) Gives her a nice meal.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Listens to her story and comforts her.
(d) Offers her a place to clean up.
2. It is common knowledge that once William decides on a wife, he will do what?
(a) Move to the big city.
(b) Finally study to become a pastor.
(c) Start building a house.
(d) Have a purpose.
3. How does Nat view slavery?
(a) He believes it is good and right.
(b) He is vehemently against it.
(c) He is not sure how he feels about it.
(d) He could care less either way.
4. Where is Kit to sleep her first night in the Colony?
(a) In Judith's bed.
(b) In Mercy's bed.
(c) On the floor.
(d) In the barn.
5. Who teaches Kit how to read?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her maidservant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What additional gift does Kit convince Judith to take with the clothes she has already given her?
2. In chapter one, how do people seem to respond to Kit jumping in the water?
3. Because the girls are busy trying on their new clothes, what is left undone?
4. Why are Kit and Judith sent out to the meadows?
5. What group of people does Kit see at the port dressed in somber colors and styles?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)