|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Kit tell Mr. Kimberly about the play-acting at the school?
(a) Kit explains that she knows that play-acting is bad and is sorry.
(b) Kit tells him that the children should be allowed to play-act.
(c) Kit explains that she is new and did not know.
(d) Kit tells him she will not abide by the rules.
2. What does William think about the new governor of the Colonies appointed by the King?
(a) He thinks the colonies should accept the governor.
(b) He despises the governor but thinks another one would be good.
(c) He thinks the colonies should be left alone by England.
(d) He has no opinion and does not like talking about politics.
3. What does William think that his new responsibility will enable him to do?
(a) Give him advancement in politics.
(b) Settle down.
(c) Move to the big city.
(d) Gain respect in the community.
4. How does Nat speak to Kit when the Dolphin returns to Wethersfield?
(a) He speaks to her in a loving manner.
(b) He is very friendly.
(c) He speaks to her sarcastically.
(d) He is rather silly and joking.
5. How does John Holbrook view reading?
(a) Reading is completely pointless.
(b) Reading is for pleasure and work.
(c) Reading is work, not for pleasure.
(d) Reading is purely for pleasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. After service, Dr. Bulkeley and who else are invited to the Woods' for dinner?
2. After Kit's grandfather dies, what happens to the plantation and Kit's wealth?
3. What author does Kit discover Nat enjoys reading?
4. How does Nat view slavery?
5. Who is the monarch of England at the time Kit moves to the colonies?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)