|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who has taken Kit under her wing on the Dolphin?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
(b) Mrs. Eaton.
(c) Mrs. Edwards.
(d) Mrs. Washington.
2. What type of political outlook does Kit's grandfather adhere to?
3. What are two sentiments that are deeply ingrained in the Colonies?
(a) The ideals of king and country.
(b) Interdependence on one another and England.
(c) The spirit of freedom and liberty.
(d) Religious freedom and commitment to the crown.
4. Why does Kit jump off the boat and into the water in Chapter 1?
(a) Because it is very hot.
(b) To retrieve what Prudence had dropped.
(c) Because the ship is sinking and everyone has to.
(d) To save someone's life.
5. Where is the school that Mercy teaches the young children?
(a) The Meeting House.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The Woods' kitchen.
(d) The schoolhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nat speak to Kit when the Dolphin returns to Wethersfield?
2. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
3. Where do Kit and Prudence decide to hide the hornbook?
4. What does William think that his new responsibility will enable him to do?
5. Whom does John tell Kit he is in love with?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)