|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Mr. Kimberly make about closing the school?
(a) It can stay open.
(b) It must close.
(c) It can stay open but neither girl can teach anymore.
(d) It can stay open but Kit cannot teach anymore.
2. What news from the town selectmen does Mercy have for Kit when she returns home from the Great Meadow?
(a) Kit must be baptized soon.
(b) Kit must throw away all her fine clothes from Barbados.
(c) Kit is no longer allowed to read for fun.
(d) Kit can help Mercy teach the young children lettering.
3. How does Nat view slavery?
(a) He could care less either way.
(b) He is vehemently against it.
(c) He believes it is good and right.
(d) He is not sure how he feels about it.
4. Why does Kit jump off the boat and into the water in Chapter 1?
(a) To retrieve what Prudence had dropped.
(b) To save someone's life.
(c) Because it is very hot.
(d) Because the ship is sinking and everyone has to.
5. Where is the school that Mercy teaches the young children?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The schoolhouse.
(c) The Woods' kitchen.
(d) The Meeting House.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Holbrook studying to be?
2. What does Judith announce as they are working to husk corn?
3. What does Kit tend to do at the end of each class?
4. What does Mercy tell Kit about their life in Wethersfield?
5. What about Hannah's physical appearance seems to frighten Kit?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)