|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kit arrives in Wethersfield, who is there to meet her?
(a) A slave woman.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her cousins.
(d) No one.
2. Because the girls are busy trying on their new clothes, what is left undone?
(b) Household chores.
(c) Going to town.
3. Where is the school that Mercy teaches the young children?
(a) The Meeting House.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The schoolhouse.
(d) The Woods' kitchen.
4. After service, Dr. Bulkeley and who else are invited to the Woods' for dinner?
(a) Mr. Holbrook.
(c) Their impoverished neighbors.
5. Whose reaction does Judith wonder about when they see her in the new clothes?
(a) Her father's.
(b) Her mother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the schoolmaster and the reverend do when they come into the class and see the children playing make-believe?
2. How does Kit describe her Aunt's home?
3. What story does Kit have the students act out?
4. What does William ask Matthew in Chapter 6?
5. What does Kit consider Mercy to be?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)