|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the schoolmaster and the reverend do when they come into the class and see the children playing make-believe?
(a) They do nothing and sit in silence.
(b) They clap and encourage the students.
(c) They dismiss Kit as a teacher.
(d) They scold the class and the teachers and leave.
2. What is the name of the port where Kit first goes ashore on her way to Wethersfield?
3. Where do Kit's father and mother meet?
(a) In England.
(b) In Jamaica.
(c) In Barbados.
(d) In the Colony.
4. What additional gift does Kit convince Judith to take with the clothes she has already given her?
(a) Some stockings.
(b) A satchel.
(c) A bonnet.
(d) Some shoes.
5. How does Judith describe Hannah Tupper?
(a) She says Hannah is a nice but shy girl.
(b) She says Hannah goes to church every day.
(c) She says Hannah is a witch.
(d) She says Hannah is her best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the overseer of Kit's grandfather's plantation do?
2. What do Rachel and Mercy make for Kit?
3. How is Kit received when her aunt learns that she has come to live with them?
4. Why does Kit jump off the boat and into the water in Chapter 1?
5. What type of political outlook does Kit's grandfather adhere to?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)