|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Kit to sleep her first night in the Colony?
(a) In Mercy's bed.
(b) In Judith's bed.
(c) In the barn.
(d) On the floor.
2. Where does Hannah live?
(a) In the middle of the hustle and bustle of Wethersfield.
(b) In a little house on the edge of a marshy pond.
(c) In a huge mansion at the end of the Great Meadow.
(d) Next door to the Wood residence.
3. Why is Mercy crippled?
(a) She was born that way.
(b) Because of a fall from a horse.
(c) No one knows why.
(d) Because of a fever as a child.
4. When Kit finds out that the Woods have no servants, how does she feel?
5. What is Kit surprised to hear when they are leaving her first prayer meeting?
(a) That she never has to go again.
(b) That she must go every single day.
(c) That the meetings are only once a month.
(d) That they will be returning later for a second meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Until moving to the colonies, what role does religion play in Kit's life?
2. What warning does Matthew give Kit about living with them?
3. How many days does it take the boat to make its way up the river to Wethersfield?
4. Why does no one live in the Great Meadow?
5. What meal does Kit try to help make?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)