|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the schoolmaster and the reverend do when they come into the class and see the children playing make-believe?
(a) They scold the class and the teachers and leave.
(b) They clap and encourage the students.
(c) They do nothing and sit in silence.
(d) They dismiss Kit as a teacher.
2. How do Kit's cousins respond to her many fancy and colorful gowns?
(a) They are fascinated by them.
(b) They think they are inappropriate.
(c) They are jealous.
(d) They think they are ugly.
3. How does Kit feel about having to go to prayer meeting?
(a) She is interested in going so she can learn more.
(b) She does not care either way.
(c) She does not want to go.
(d) She is excited to go.
4. What does Kit tend to do at the end of each class?
(a) Recite the Lord's Prayer.
(b) Sing a song.
(c) Repeat the Pledge of Allegiance.
(d) Tell the children stories.
5. What opinion does Dr. Bulkeley mention that upsets Matthew?
(a) His compliments about Kit's dress.
(b) His enjoyment of reading for pleasure.
(c) His approval of the Royalists.
(d) His support of slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does no one live in the Great Meadow?
2. How does Kit react to teaching the young children?
3. Who comes to Kit's defense when Matthew gets angry about Kit's outfit?
4. Why does Kit jump off the boat and into the water in Chapter 1?
5. Whom does Judith declare she is going to marry?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)