|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the Great Meadow?
(a) Dry and barren.
(b) Green but poor soil for planting.
(c) Very fertile soil.
(d) A poor place to live and plant.
2. Because the girls are busy trying on their new clothes, what is left undone?
(a) Going to town.
(d) Household chores.
3. What are two sentiments that are deeply ingrained in the Colonies?
(a) Religious freedom and commitment to the crown.
(b) The ideals of king and country.
(c) The spirit of freedom and liberty.
(d) Interdependence on one another and England.
4. Who does Kit note is the staying force of the Wood family?
5. What is Kit surprised to hear when they are leaving her first prayer meeting?
(a) That the meetings are only once a month.
(b) That she never has to go again.
(c) That they will be returning later for a second meeting.
(d) That she must go every single day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of home does Kit grown up in?
2. What is Kit's initial reaction to Wethersfield?
3. What is the name of Hannah's husband?
4. It is common knowledge that once William decides on a wife, he will do what?
5. What state seems to be taking longer accepting a governor appointed by the monarchy?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)