|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kit's grandfather dies, who is her only living relative left?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her sister.
2. After observing the Cruffs, how does Kit view them?
(a) As very nice.
(b) As harsh people.
(c) As lovey-dovey.
(d) As very studious.
3. Why is Matthew angry about what Kit is wearing to prayer meeting?
(a) He thinks it will cause others to be jealous.
(b) He thinks she looks too pretty.
(c) He thinks she looks nicer than he does and is bothered.
(d) He finds her clothes scandalous.
4. What do the schoolmaster and the reverend do when they come into the class and see the children playing make-believe?
(a) They scold the class and the teachers and leave.
(b) They do nothing and sit in silence.
(c) They clap and encourage the students.
(d) They dismiss Kit as a teacher.
5. Where does Hannah live?
(a) In a huge mansion at the end of the Great Meadow.
(b) Next door to the Wood residence.
(c) In a little house on the edge of a marshy pond.
(d) In the middle of the hustle and bustle of Wethersfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William mention he is intending to build?
2. How does Kit describe her Aunt's home?
3. What happens to Kit's grandfather that causes his death?
4. What opinion does Dr. Bulkeley mention that upsets Matthew?
5. What state seems to be taking longer accepting a governor appointed by the monarchy?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)