|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teaches Kit how to read?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her maidservant.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her grandfather.
2. How does Kit describe her Aunt's home?
(a) As small but splendid.
(b) As dirty and run-down.
(c) As large, ornate and gaudy.
(d) As large but sparsely furnished.
3. Whom does Judith declare she is going to marry?
(b) John Holbrook.
(c) No one ever!
(d) Mark Holmes.
4. What about Hannah's physical appearance seems to frighten Kit?
(a) Her scraggly hair.
(b) The nasty scar on her forehead.
(c) Her crooked nose.
(d) Her toothless smile.
5. What item does Prudence accidentally drop in the water?
(a) Her doll.
(b) Her eyeglasses.
(c) Her parisol.
(d) Her lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kit find the work of weeding the onion patch?
2. Where is Kit to sleep her first night in the Colony?
3. Why is Matthew angry about what Kit is wearing to prayer meeting?
4. Who raises Kit?
5. Why were Hannah and her husband not allowed to stay in town when they arrived in Connecticut?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)