|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mercy crippled?
(a) Because of a fever as a child.
(b) She was born that way.
(c) Because of a fall from a horse.
(d) No one knows why.
2. Why does Kit jump off the boat and into the water in Chapter 1?
(a) Because the ship is sinking and everyone has to.
(b) To retrieve what Prudence had dropped.
(c) Because it is very hot.
(d) To save someone's life.
3. Where do Hannah and her husband walk from to Wethersfield?
(c) New Hampshire.
4. What is the name of the woman who has taken Kit under her wing on the Dolphin?
(a) Mrs. Washington.
(b) Mrs. Edwards.
(c) Mrs. Smith.
(d) Mrs. Eaton.
5. What group of people does Kit see at the port dressed in somber colors and styles?
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor is Mrs. Cruff spreading about Kit on their boat ride to Wethersfield?
2. How does Kit feel when the reverend says a prayer for Mercy and her affliction?
3. Who raises Kit?
4. What is Kit's initial reaction to Wethersfield?
5. How does Kit find the work of weeding the onion patch?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)