|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kit jump off the boat and into the water in Chapter 1?
(a) To retrieve what Prudence had dropped.
(b) To save someone's life.
(c) Because it is very hot.
(d) Because the ship is sinking and everyone has to.
2. What additional gift does Kit convince Judith to take with the clothes she has already given her?
(a) Some stockings.
(b) Some shoes.
(c) A satchel.
(d) A bonnet.
3. What about Hannah's physical appearance seems to frighten Kit?
(a) The nasty scar on her forehead.
(b) Her toothless smile.
(c) Her crooked nose.
(d) Her scraggly hair.
4. What happens when Kit begins to help with the chores?
(a) She is bad at a few but excellent at the cooking.
(b) She helps greatly and makes everthing easier.
(c) She finds them difficult and is not very good at them.
(d) She is not very fast at the chores, but they get done.
5. How many trunks full of her belongings does Kit bring to Wethersfield?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the school that Mercy teaches the young children?
2. How does John react when hearing that Kit can read and what she reads?
3. Where does Hannah live?
4. How does Nat view slavery?
5. How does Kit find the work of weeding the onion patch?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)