|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kit finds out that the Woods have no servants, how does she feel?
2. How does Nat view slavery?
(a) He is not sure how he feels about it.
(b) He could care less either way.
(c) He believes it is good and right.
(d) He is vehemently against it.
3. Why does no one live in the Great Meadow?
(a) Because it floods every spring.
(b) Because it is too far from town.
(c) Because the governor has declared it off-limits to the Colonies.
(d) Because it is an ancient Indian burial ground.
4. What is the name of the woman who has taken Kit under her wing on the Dolphin?
(a) Mrs. Eaton.
(b) Mrs. Washington.
(c) Mrs. Smith.
(d) Mrs. Edwards.
5. After Kit's grandfather dies, what happens to the plantation and Kit's wealth?
(a) It is given to the first male heir.
(b) It all burns in an accidental fire.
(c) Nothing. She still owns it all but does not want to live alone.
(d) She has to sell it all to pay her grandfather's debts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hands out new concessions of land grants?
2. What does William think that his new responsibility will enable him to do?
3. What is the religion of Kit's relatives in Wethersfield?
4. What does Kit mention the Dolphin smells like?
5. What does Matthew think about the Assembly's land-concessions move?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)