|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Matthew Wood from having a larger plot in the meadow?
(a) He considers having a larger plot to be greedy.
(b) He is not allowed to have a larger plot.
(c) He does not want a larger plot.
(d) He does not have anyone to help him with the land.
2. What does Matthew think about the Assembly's land-concessions move?
(a) It does not matter to him because he already has land.
(b) He thinks the idea is good but that the king should do it.
(c) He does not agree at all.
(d) He supports it and thinks it will lessen the king's power.
3. How does John Holbrook view reading?
(a) Reading is purely for pleasure.
(b) Reading is completely pointless.
(c) Reading is work, not for pleasure.
(d) Reading is for pleasure and work.
4. What group of people does Kit see at the port dressed in somber colors and styles?
5. What familiar person does Kit meet again at the Meeting House?
(c) Mrs. Cruff.
(d) Mrs. Eaton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William think about the new governor of the Colonies appointed by the King?
2. What is Kit's initial reaction to Wethersfield?
3. What happens to Rachel's first son?
4. Where is Kit to sleep her first night in the Colony?
5. Who hands out new concessions of land grants?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)