|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are two sentiments that are deeply ingrained in the Colonies?
(a) Religious freedom and commitment to the crown.
(b) Interdependence on one another and England.
(c) The spirit of freedom and liberty.
(d) The ideals of king and country.
2. How is Kit received when her aunt learns that she has come to live with them?
(a) Her aunt is very excited.
(b) Kit is told to leave immediately.
(c) Kit is not well-received.
(d) Her aunt knew she was coming.
3. When Kit finds out that the Woods have no servants, how does she feel?
4. How do Kit's cousins respond to her many fancy and colorful gowns?
(a) They think they are ugly.
(b) They think they are inappropriate.
(c) They are fascinated by them.
(d) They are jealous.
5. What does William think that his new responsibility will enable him to do?
(a) Settle down.
(b) Move to the big city.
(c) Gain respect in the community.
(d) Give him advancement in politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mercy crippled?
2. What does Kit consider Mercy to be?
3. Which sister tends to be more patient with Kit as she tries to learn the chores?
4. How old is Kit?
5. What hurtful thing does Judith say about her cousin her first night there?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)