|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter one, how do people seem to respond to Kit jumping in the water?
(a) They think it is funny.
(b) They they are concerned for her safety.
(c) They are annoyed.
(d) They find it admirable.
2. Why is Mercy crippled?
(a) She was born that way.
(b) Because of a fall from a horse.
(c) Because of a fever as a child.
(d) No one knows why.
3. What are two sentiments that are deeply ingrained in the Colonies?
(a) Interdependence on one another and England.
(b) Religious freedom and commitment to the crown.
(c) The spirit of freedom and liberty.
(d) The ideals of king and country.
4. What is the name of the woman who has taken Kit under her wing on the Dolphin?
(a) Mrs. Washington.
(b) Mrs. Edwards.
(c) Mrs. Eaton.
(d) Mrs. Smith.
5. What opinion does Dr. Bulkeley mention that upsets Matthew?
(a) His compliments about Kit's dress.
(b) His approval of the Royalists.
(c) His enjoyment of reading for pleasure.
(d) His support of slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John react when hearing that Kit can read and what she reads?
2. What hurtful thing does Judith say about her cousin her first night there?
3. Why are Kit and Judith sent out to the meadows?
4. Because the girls are busy trying on their new clothes, what is left undone?
5. Where is Kit to sleep her first night in the Colony?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)