|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William think that his new responsibility will enable him to do?
(a) Settle down.
(b) Give him advancement in politics.
(c) Gain respect in the community.
(d) Move to the big city.
2. When Matthew Wood finds out how much luggage Kit has brought with her, what is his response?
(a) He thinks it is funny.
(b) He does not really care either way.
(c) He finds it wasteful and sinful.
(d) He thinks it is a bit much, but that she is a growing girl.
3. Who is the only member of the Wood family not expected to attend prayer meeting?
4. Because the girls are busy trying on their new clothes, what is left undone?
(b) Going to town.
(c) Household chores.
5. When Matthew returns home and sees the new clothes, what does he do?
(a) He thanks Kit profusely.
(b) He pretends that he likes the dresses.
(c) He demands that his daughters return the clothes.
(d) He does not really notice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Kit?
2. When Kit finds out that the Woods have no servants, how does she feel?
3. How is Kit received when her aunt learns that she has come to live with them?
4. How does Kit describe her Aunt's home?
5. Who hands out new concessions of land grants?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)