|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because the girls are busy trying on their new clothes, what is left undone?
(a) Household chores.
(c) Going to town.
2. Why is Mercy crippled?
(a) Because of a fall from a horse.
(b) Because of a fever as a child.
(c) She was born that way.
(d) No one knows why.
3. What is the name of the woman who has taken Kit under her wing on the Dolphin?
(a) Mrs. Edwards.
(b) Mrs. Eaton.
(c) Mrs. Washington.
(d) Mrs. Smith.
4. Where do Kit's father and mother meet?
(a) In England.
(b) In the Colony.
(c) In Jamaica.
(d) In Barbados.
5. What item does Prudence accidentally drop in the water?
(a) Her doll.
(b) Her parisol.
(c) Her lunch.
(d) Her eyeglasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, who comes and interrupts Kit's time with William?
2. How does Kit describe her Aunt's home?
3. What opinion does Dr. Bulkeley mention that upsets Matthew?
4. What news from the town selectmen does Mercy have for Kit when she returns home from the Great Meadow?
5. When Matthew returns home and sees the new clothes, what does he do?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)