|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Judith declare she is going to marry?
(b) Mark Holmes.
(c) No one ever!
(d) John Holbrook.
2. What is Kit surprised to hear when they are leaving her first prayer meeting?
(a) That she never has to go again.
(b) That she must go every single day.
(c) That the meetings are only once a month.
(d) That they will be returning later for a second meeting.
3. Whose reaction does Judith wonder about when they see her in the new clothes?
(a) Her mother's.
(d) Her father's.
4. When Matthew returns home and sees the new clothes, what does he do?
(a) He thanks Kit profusely.
(b) He demands that his daughters return the clothes.
(c) He does not really notice.
(d) He pretends that he likes the dresses.
5. Who does Kit note is the staying force of the Wood family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Because the girls are busy trying on their new clothes, what is left undone?
2. What warning does Matthew give Kit about living with them?
3. Who is named by England as governor of the Colonies?
4. When Matthew Wood finds out how much luggage Kit has brought with her, what is his response?
5. What group of people does Kit see at the port dressed in somber colors and styles?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)