|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John Holbrook view reading?
(a) Reading is purely for pleasure.
(b) Reading is work, not for pleasure.
(c) Reading is completely pointless.
(d) Reading is for pleasure and work.
2. What does William think that his new responsibility will enable him to do?
(a) Gain respect in the community.
(b) Give him advancement in politics.
(c) Settle down.
(d) Move to the big city.
3. After service, Dr. Bulkeley and who else are invited to the Woods' for dinner?
(c) Mr. Holbrook.
(d) Their impoverished neighbors.
4. In chapter one, how do people seem to respond to Kit jumping in the water?
(a) They find it admirable.
(b) They are annoyed.
(c) They they are concerned for her safety.
(d) They think it is funny.
5. Who is the only member of the Wood family not expected to attend prayer meeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning does Mr. Holbrook give Kit?
2. Which members of the Wethersfield community are expected to go to the meeting?
3. What happens to Rachel's first son?
4. What does William think about the new governor of the Colonies appointed by the King?
5. What rumor is Mrs. Cruff spreading about Kit on their boat ride to Wethersfield?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)