|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the port where Kit first goes ashore on her way to Wethersfield?
2. What is Kit surprised to hear when they are leaving her first prayer meeting?
(a) That she never has to go again.
(b) That the meetings are only once a month.
(c) That they will be returning later for a second meeting.
(d) That she must go every single day.
3. What warning does Matthew give Kit about living with them?
(a) He warns her that she must abide by their customs.
(b) He tells her not to leave the town borders.
(c) He warns her about bugs, snakes and other dangers.
(d) He tells her to watch out for the witch down the street.
4. What is the name of the woman who has taken Kit under her wing on the Dolphin?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
(b) Mrs. Washington.
(c) Mrs. Edwards.
(d) Mrs. Eaton.
5. Why does no one live in the Great Meadow?
(a) Because it floods every spring.
(b) Because the governor has declared it off-limits to the Colonies.
(c) Because it is an ancient Indian burial ground.
(d) Because it is too far from town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the school that Mercy teaches the young children?
2. Whom does Kit seem to have made quite an impression on and is introduced to after the service?
3. Which king gives the charter to the colonists?
4. What news from the town selectmen does Mercy have for Kit when she returns home from the Great Meadow?
5. Where is Kit traveling from on the Dolphin?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)