|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is common knowledge that once William decides on a wife, he will do what?
(a) Have a purpose.
(b) Start building a house.
(c) Move to the big city.
(d) Finally study to become a pastor.
2. What is the name of the woman who has taken Kit under her wing on the Dolphin?
(a) Mrs. Edwards.
(b) Mrs. Washington.
(c) Mrs. Eaton.
(d) Mrs. Smith.
3. Which of the following best describes the Great Meadow?
(a) Very fertile soil.
(b) Green but poor soil for planting.
(c) A poor place to live and plant.
(d) Dry and barren.
4. What type of political outlook does Kit's grandfather adhere to?
5. How does Kit describe her Aunt's home?
(a) As dirty and run-down.
(b) As large but sparsely furnished.
(c) As large, ornate and gaudy.
(d) As small but splendid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Kit's cousins respond to her many fancy and colorful gowns?
2. What is Kit surprised to hear when they are leaving her first prayer meeting?
3. What familiar person does Kit meet again at the Meeting House?
4. Why is Matthew angry about what Kit is wearing to prayer meeting?
5. Which members of the Wethersfield community are expected to go to the meeting?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)