|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hands out new concessions of land grants?
(a) The Assembly.
(b) The City Council.
(c) The Church.
(d) The Mayor.
2. When Matthew Wood finds out how much luggage Kit has brought with her, what is his response?
(a) He thinks it is a bit much, but that she is a growing girl.
(b) He thinks it is funny.
(c) He does not really care either way.
(d) He finds it wasteful and sinful.
3. Whom does Judith declare she is going to marry?
(a) Mark Holmes.
(b) John Holbrook.
(c) No one ever!
4. What are two sentiments that are deeply ingrained in the Colonies?
(a) Religious freedom and commitment to the crown.
(b) The spirit of freedom and liberty.
(c) The ideals of king and country.
(d) Interdependence on one another and England.
5. What does William mention he is intending to build?
(a) A plantation.
(b) A new wagon.
(c) A chicken coop.
(d) A house for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William ask Matthew in Chapter 6?
2. Who teaches Kit how to read?
3. Which members of the Wethersfield community are expected to go to the meeting?
4. How does Kit feel about her first prayer meeting?
5. What opinion does Dr. Bulkeley mention that upsets Matthew?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)