|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Matthew Wood from having a larger plot in the meadow?
(a) He does not have anyone to help him with the land.
(b) He does not want a larger plot.
(c) He considers having a larger plot to be greedy.
(d) He is not allowed to have a larger plot.
2. What response does William's request of Matthew in Chapter 6 elicit from the three girls?
3. What does William think that his new responsibility will enable him to do?
(a) Gain respect in the community.
(b) Give him advancement in politics.
(c) Move to the big city.
(d) Settle down.
4. How does John react when hearing that Kit can read and what she reads?
(a) He is surprised and shocked.
(b) He is impressed.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He is excited and encouraging.
5. What happens when Kit begins to help with the chores?
(a) She is bad at a few but excellent at the cooking.
(b) She helps greatly and makes everthing easier.
(c) She finds them difficult and is not very good at them.
(d) She is not very fast at the chores, but they get done.
Short Answer Questions
1. Until moving to the colonies, what role does religion play in Kit's life?
2. How many days does it take the boat to make its way up the river to Wethersfield?
3. How does Judith describe Hannah Tupper?
4. What type of home does Kit grown up in?
5. What happens to Kit's grandfather that causes his death?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)