|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Matthew returns home and sees the new clothes, what does he do?
(a) He does not really notice.
(b) He thanks Kit profusely.
(c) He demands that his daughters return the clothes.
(d) He pretends that he likes the dresses.
2. Which members of the Wethersfield community are expected to go to the meeting?
(a) Adults only.
(c) Women only.
(d) Men only.
3. How do Kit's cousins respond to her many fancy and colorful gowns?
(a) They think they are ugly.
(b) They are fascinated by them.
(c) They are jealous.
(d) They think they are inappropriate.
4. What opinion does Dr. Bulkeley mention that upsets Matthew?
(a) His compliments about Kit's dress.
(b) His enjoyment of reading for pleasure.
(c) His support of slavery.
(d) His approval of the Royalists.
5. What rumor is Mrs. Cruff spreading about Kit on their boat ride to Wethersfield?
(a) That Kit is a witch.
(b) That Kit cannot speak.
(c) That Kit is a boy.
(d) That Kit was raised by wolves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the monarch of England at the time Kit moves to the colonies?
2. How does Kit feel about having to go to prayer meeting?
3. Why is Matthew angry about what Kit is wearing to prayer meeting?
4. What warning does Mr. Holbrook give Kit?
5. Who is Dr. Bulkeley?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)