|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are two sentiments that are deeply ingrained in the Colonies?
(a) Religious freedom and commitment to the crown.
(b) The spirit of freedom and liberty.
(c) Interdependence on one another and England.
(d) The ideals of king and country.
2. Why is Mercy crippled?
(a) She was born that way.
(b) No one knows why.
(c) Because of a fever as a child.
(d) Because of a fall from a horse.
3. Who does Kit note is the staying force of the Wood family?
4. What happens to Kit's grandfather that causes his death?
(a) He drowns while swimming in the ocean.
(b) He becomes ill.
(c) Someone poisons him.
(d) He is wounded in a farming accident.
5. Why is Matthew angry about what Kit is wearing to prayer meeting?
(a) He thinks she looks too pretty.
(b) He thinks she looks nicer than he does and is bothered.
(c) He thinks it will cause others to be jealous.
(d) He finds her clothes scandalous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because the girls are busy trying on their new clothes, what is left undone?
2. After Kit's grandfather dies, what happens to the plantation and Kit's wealth?
3. What does Mercy tell Kit about their life in Wethersfield?
4. Who is named by England as governor of the Colonies?
5. What state seems to be taking longer accepting a governor appointed by the monarchy?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)