|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does no one live in the Great Meadow?
(a) Because it floods every spring.
(b) Because the governor has declared it off-limits to the Colonies.
(c) Because it is an ancient Indian burial ground.
(d) Because it is too far from town.
2. What does William think that his new responsibility will enable him to do?
(a) Give him advancement in politics.
(b) Settle down.
(c) Gain respect in the community.
(d) Move to the big city.
3. Who does Kit note is the staying force of the Wood family?
4. What does Matthew think about the Assembly's land-concessions move?
(a) It does not matter to him because he already has land.
(b) He supports it and thinks it will lessen the king's power.
(c) He thinks the idea is good but that the king should do it.
(d) He does not agree at all.
5. Until moving to the colonies, what role does religion play in Kit's life?
(a) It is important, but she follows a different religion than the Woods.
(b) Not a very big role.
(c) It was very important to her, but she abandons it.
(d) It is still important to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news from the town selectmen does Mercy have for Kit when she returns home from the Great Meadow?
2. Why is Mercy crippled?
3. Where does Hannah live?
4. When Matthew Wood finds out how much luggage Kit has brought with her, what is his response?
5. How many trunks full of her belongings does Kit bring to Wethersfield?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)