|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does it take the boat to make its way up the river to Wethersfield?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 9 days.
2. Which sister tends to be more patient with Kit as she tries to learn the chores?
(c) They are both impatient.
(d) They are both patient.
3. How old is Kit?
4. How does John Holbrook view reading?
(a) Reading is completely pointless.
(b) Reading is work, not for pleasure.
(c) Reading is for pleasure and work.
(d) Reading is purely for pleasure.
5. What does Mercy tell Kit about their life in Wethersfield?
(a) That life is easy.
(b) That life is very hard for them.
(c) That life has its ups and downs.
(d) She tells Kit not to worry about anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Kit how to read?
2. Why does Kit jump off the boat and into the water in Chapter 1?
3. How many trunks full of her belongings does Kit bring to Wethersfield?
4. Why is Mercy crippled?
5. Who is Dr. Bulkeley?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)