|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Kit's grandfather dies, what happens to the plantation and Kit's wealth?
(a) It is given to the first male heir.
(b) It all burns in an accidental fire.
(c) Nothing. She still owns it all but does not want to live alone.
(d) She has to sell it all to pay her grandfather's debts.
2. What does Mercy tell Kit about their life in Wethersfield?
(a) That life has its ups and downs.
(b) That life is very hard for them.
(c) That life is easy.
(d) She tells Kit not to worry about anything.
3. What meal does Kit try to help make?
(a) Soda bread.
(b) Corn pudding.
4. What does the overseer of Kit's grandfather's plantation do?
(a) He increases the plantation's wealth.
(b) He embezzles from her grandfather and runs off.
(c) He helps Kit when her grandfather dies.
(d) He helps Kit move to her aunt's.
5. How does John react when hearing that Kit can read and what she reads?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is impressed.
(c) He is excited and encouraging.
(d) He is surprised and shocked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose reaction does Judith wonder about when they see her in the new clothes?
2. How old is Kit?
3. After observing the Cruffs, how does Kit view them?
4. Which sister tends to be more patient with Kit as she tries to learn the chores?
5. Where do Kit's father and mother meet?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)