|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nat view slavery?
(a) He believes it is good and right.
(b) He is vehemently against it.
(c) He is not sure how he feels about it.
(d) He could care less either way.
2. What happens when Kit begins to help with the chores?
(a) She is not very fast at the chores, but they get done.
(b) She finds them difficult and is not very good at them.
(c) She is bad at a few but excellent at the cooking.
(d) She helps greatly and makes everthing easier.
3. When Kit's grandfather dies, who is her only living relative left?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her aunt.
4. Whom does Kit seem to have made quite an impression on and is introduced to after the service?
(a) John Carter.
(b) Dr. Bulkeley.
(c) Peter Turner.
(d) William Ashby.
5. What warning does Matthew give Kit about living with them?
(a) He tells her to watch out for the witch down the street.
(b) He tells her not to leave the town borders.
(c) He warns her that she must abide by their customs.
(d) He warns her about bugs, snakes and other dangers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hurtful thing does Judith say about her cousin her first night there?
2. When Kit arrives in Wethersfield, who is there to meet her?
3. How does John Holbrook view reading?
4. Who teaches Kit how to read?
5. Whose reaction does Judith wonder about when they see her in the new clothes?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)