|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Matthew give Kit about living with them?
(a) He tells her to watch out for the witch down the street.
(b) He warns her that she must abide by their customs.
(c) He tells her not to leave the town borders.
(d) He warns her about bugs, snakes and other dangers.
2. How does John react when hearing that Kit can read and what she reads?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is impressed.
(c) He is surprised and shocked.
(d) He is excited and encouraging.
3. What happens to Kit's grandfather that causes his death?
(a) Someone poisons him.
(b) He drowns while swimming in the ocean.
(c) He is wounded in a farming accident.
(d) He becomes ill.
4. What does Mercy tell Kit about their life in Wethersfield?
(a) That life has its ups and downs.
(b) She tells Kit not to worry about anything.
(c) That life is easy.
(d) That life is very hard for them.
5. What does the overseer of Kit's grandfather's plantation do?
(a) He increases the plantation's wealth.
(b) He embezzles from her grandfather and runs off.
(c) He helps Kit when her grandfather dies.
(d) He helps Kit move to her aunt's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only member of the Wood family not expected to attend prayer meeting?
2. Where do Kit's father and mother meet?
3. How does Nat view slavery?
4. What meal does Kit try to help make?
5. How old is Kit?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)