|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Kit's father and mother meet?
(a) In Jamaica.
(b) In England.
(c) In Barbados.
(d) In the Colony.
2. How is Kit received when her aunt learns that she has come to live with them?
(a) Her aunt knew she was coming.
(b) Kit is not well-received.
(c) Her aunt is very excited.
(d) Kit is told to leave immediately.
3. Who is the only member of the Wood family not expected to attend prayer meeting?
4. Who raises Kit?
(a) Her older brother.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her older sister.
(d) Her grandfather.
5. What does Mercy tell Kit about their life in Wethersfield?
(a) That life has its ups and downs.
(b) She tells Kit not to worry about anything.
(c) That life is very hard for them.
(d) That life is easy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mercy crippled?
2. What is Kit's initial reaction to Wethersfield?
3. Until moving to the colonies, what role does religion play in Kit's life?
4. How does John Holbrook view reading?
5. What happens when Kit begins to help with the chores?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)