|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kit feel about her first prayer meeting?
(a) She is indifferent and just glad not to be working.
(b) She find it interesting but a bit long.
(c) She finds it long and boring.
(d) She loves it.
2. Until moving to the colonies, what role does religion play in Kit's life?
(a) It is still important to her.
(b) It was very important to her, but she abandons it.
(c) It is important, but she follows a different religion than the Woods.
(d) Not a very big role.
3. Who is Dr. Bulkeley?
(a) The town physician.
(b) The mayor.
(c) Matthew's boss.
(d) Mr. Holbrook's professor.
4. What is Mr. Holbrook studying to be?
(a) A minister.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A schoolteacher.
(d) A doctor.
5. How does John Holbrook view reading?
(a) Reading is for pleasure and work.
(b) Reading is purely for pleasure.
(c) Reading is completely pointless.
(d) Reading is work, not for pleasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kit jump off the boat and into the water in Chapter 1?
2. What does the overseer of Kit's grandfather's plantation do?
3. What warning does Matthew give Kit about living with them?
4. What is Kit surprised to hear when they are leaving her first prayer meeting?
5. What additional gift does Kit convince Judith to take with the clothes she has already given her?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)