|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Kit begins to help with the chores?
(a) She helps greatly and makes everthing easier.
(b) She finds them difficult and is not very good at them.
(c) She is not very fast at the chores, but they get done.
(d) She is bad at a few but excellent at the cooking.
2. What familiar person does Kit meet again at the Meeting House?
(a) Mrs. Eaton.
(d) Mrs. Cruff.
3. What does the overseer of Kit's grandfather's plantation do?
(a) He helps Kit move to her aunt's.
(b) He embezzles from her grandfather and runs off.
(c) He increases the plantation's wealth.
(d) He helps Kit when her grandfather dies.
4. Who is the only member of the Wood family not expected to attend prayer meeting?
5. What warning does Mr. Holbrook give Kit?
(a) That society is different in the Colony.
(b) To keep her hands and feet in the boat at all times.
(c) That the water is full of parasites.
(d) That she has to watch out who she befriends.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Kit's grandfather dies, what happens to the plantation and Kit's wealth?
2. What is the name of the port where Kit first goes ashore on her way to Wethersfield?
3. What type of political outlook does Kit's grandfather adhere to?
4. What warning does Matthew give Kit about living with them?
5. What is Mr. Holbrook studying to be?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)