|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Holbrook studying to be?
(a) A schoolteacher.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A minister.
(d) A lawyer.
2. When Kit arrives in Wethersfield, who is there to meet her?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) No one.
(c) A slave woman.
(d) Her cousins.
3. How does John react when hearing that Kit can read and what she reads?
(a) He is impressed.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is surprised and shocked.
(d) He is excited and encouraging.
4. Why does Kit jump off the boat and into the water in Chapter 1?
(a) Because the ship is sinking and everyone has to.
(b) To retrieve what Prudence had dropped.
(c) Because it is very hot.
(d) To save someone's life.
5. What warning does Mr. Holbrook give Kit?
(a) That society is different in the Colony.
(b) That she has to watch out who she befriends.
(c) That the water is full of parasites.
(d) To keep her hands and feet in the boat at all times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of political outlook does Kit's grandfather adhere to?
2. What day is prayer meeting held?
3. How does Kit describe her Aunt's home?
4. How many days does it take the boat to make its way up the river to Wethersfield?
5. What is the name of the captain's son?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)