|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Until moving to the colonies, what role does religion play in Kit's life?
(a) Not a very big role.
(b) It is important, but she follows a different religion than the Woods.
(c) It was very important to her, but she abandons it.
(d) It is still important to her.
2. What warning does Matthew give Kit about living with them?
(a) He warns her that she must abide by their customs.
(b) He tells her to watch out for the witch down the street.
(c) He tells her not to leave the town borders.
(d) He warns her about bugs, snakes and other dangers.
3. What hurtful thing does Judith say about her cousin her first night there?
(a) That Kit is not very nice.
(b) That Kit is just a spoiled farm girl.
(c) That Kit should have been a boy; it would be more helpful.
(d) That Kit is not very pretty.
4. What is the name of the woman who has taken Kit under her wing on the Dolphin?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
(b) Mrs. Eaton.
(c) Mrs. Edwards.
(d) Mrs. Washington.
5. What does Mercy tell Kit about their life in Wethersfield?
(a) That life is very hard for them.
(b) That life is easy.
(c) She tells Kit not to worry about anything.
(d) That life has its ups and downs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Bulkeley?
2. What is Kit surprised to hear when they are leaving her first prayer meeting?
3. Who is the only member of the Wood family not expected to attend prayer meeting?
4. How does John react when hearing that Kit can read and what she reads?
5. What does the overseer of Kit's grandfather's plantation do?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)