|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Kit received when her aunt learns that she has come to live with them?
(a) Her aunt knew she was coming.
(b) Kit is told to leave immediately.
(c) Kit is not well-received.
(d) Her aunt is very excited.
2. What type of home does Kit grown up in?
(a) A plantation.
(b) An orphanage.
(c) A shack.
(d) A cottage.
3. What is Mr. Holbrook studying to be?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A minister.
(d) A schoolteacher.
4. Whom does Kit seem to have made quite an impression on and is introduced to after the service?
(a) Peter Turner.
(b) William Ashby.
(c) Dr. Bulkeley.
(d) John Carter.
5. Which sister tends to be more patient with Kit as she tries to learn the chores?
(a) They are both impatient.
(b) They are both patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John Holbrook view reading?
2. When Kit finds out that the Woods have no servants, how does she feel?
3. What is Kit surprised to hear when they are leaving her first prayer meeting?
4. What warning does Mr. Holbrook give Kit?
5. What item does Prudence accidentally drop in the water?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)