|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kit arrives in Wethersfield, who is there to meet her?
(a) No one.
(b) Her cousins.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) A slave woman.
2. What does the overseer of Kit's grandfather's plantation do?
(a) He increases the plantation's wealth.
(b) He embezzles from her grandfather and runs off.
(c) He helps Kit move to her aunt's.
(d) He helps Kit when her grandfather dies.
3. Where is Kit traveling from on the Dolphin?
(a) St. Thomas.
4. How does Kit describe her Aunt's home?
(a) As dirty and run-down.
(b) As large, ornate and gaudy.
(c) As large but sparsely furnished.
(d) As small but splendid.
5. How many trunks full of her belongings does Kit bring to Wethersfield?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Kit's grandfather that causes his death?
2. How is Kit received when her aunt learns that she has come to live with them?
3. What is the religion of Kit's relatives in Wethersfield?
4. What warning does Mr. Holbrook give Kit?
5. What is the name of the woman who has taken Kit under her wing on the Dolphin?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)