|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who has taken Kit under her wing on the Dolphin?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
(b) Mrs. Washington.
(c) Mrs. Edwards.
(d) Mrs. Eaton.
2. What is the religion of Kit's relatives in Wethersfield?
3. How does John Holbrook view reading?
(a) Reading is for pleasure and work.
(b) Reading is work, not for pleasure.
(c) Reading is purely for pleasure.
(d) Reading is completely pointless.
4. What type of home does Kit grown up in?
(a) A cottage.
(b) A plantation.
(c) An orphanage.
(d) A shack.
5. When Kit arrives in Wethersfield, who is there to meet her?
(a) A slave woman.
(b) Her cousins.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kit's grandfather dies, who is her only living relative left?
2. How does John react when hearing that Kit can read and what she reads?
3. What is the name of the captain's son?
4. What is Kit's initial reaction to Wethersfield?
5. What group of people does Kit see at the port dressed in somber colors and styles?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)