|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Kit's grandfather that causes his death?
(a) He is wounded in a farming accident.
(b) He becomes ill.
(c) Someone poisons him.
(d) He drowns while swimming in the ocean.
2. How many trunks full of her belongings does Kit bring to Wethersfield?
3. Why does Kit jump off the boat and into the water in Chapter 1?
(a) Because it is very hot.
(b) To save someone's life.
(c) To retrieve what Prudence had dropped.
(d) Because the ship is sinking and everyone has to.
4. What type of home does Kit grown up in?
(a) A cottage.
(b) An orphanage.
(c) A plantation.
(d) A shack.
5. What is Mr. Holbrook studying to be?
(a) A minister.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A schoolteacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Kit traveling from on the Dolphin?
2. What is the name of the woman who has taken Kit under her wing on the Dolphin?
3. When Kit arrives in Wethersfield, who is there to meet her?
4. Where do Kit's father and mother meet?
5. Who teaches Kit how to read?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)