|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teaches Kit how to read?
(a) Her maidservant.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandfather.
2. How many days does it take the boat to make its way up the river to Wethersfield?
(a) 9 days.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 6 days.
3. What happens to Kit's grandfather that causes his death?
(a) Someone poisons him.
(b) He becomes ill.
(c) He drowns while swimming in the ocean.
(d) He is wounded in a farming accident.
4. How do Kit's cousins respond to her many fancy and colorful gowns?
(a) They think they are inappropriate.
(b) They are fascinated by them.
(c) They think they are ugly.
(d) They are jealous.
5. What is the name of the woman who has taken Kit under her wing on the Dolphin?
(a) Mrs. Washington.
(b) Mrs. Smith.
(c) Mrs. Eaton.
(d) Mrs. Edwards.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Kit?
2. How does John Holbrook view reading?
3. Why does Kit jump off the boat and into the water in Chapter 1?
4. Why is Mercy crippled?
5. What type of home does Kit grown up in?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)