|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kit arrives in Wethersfield, who is there to meet her?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her cousins.
(c) No one.
(d) A slave woman.
2. In chapter one, how do people seem to respond to Kit jumping in the water?
(a) They are annoyed.
(b) They think it is funny.
(c) They they are concerned for her safety.
(d) They find it admirable.
3. How many days does it take the boat to make its way up the river to Wethersfield?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 9 days.
4. What is the name of the port where Kit first goes ashore on her way to Wethersfield?
5. How does Kit describe her Aunt's home?
(a) As large but sparsely furnished.
(b) As small but splendid.
(c) As large, ornate and gaudy.
(d) As dirty and run-down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raises Kit?
2. What warning does Mr. Holbrook give Kit?
3. What does Kit mention the Dolphin smells like?
4. What is Mr. Holbrook studying to be?
5. What is the name of the captain's son?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)