|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Kit's grandfather that causes his death?
(a) Someone poisons him.
(b) He is wounded in a farming accident.
(c) He drowns while swimming in the ocean.
(d) He becomes ill.
2. What does Kit mention the Dolphin smells like?
3. What is Mr. Holbrook studying to be?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A schoolteacher.
(d) A minister.
4. Where do Kit's father and mother meet?
(a) In England.
(b) In Barbados.
(c) In Jamaica.
(d) In the Colony.
5. How does Kit describe her Aunt's home?
(a) As dirty and run-down.
(b) As large, ornate and gaudy.
(c) As large but sparsely furnished.
(d) As small but splendid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the overseer of Kit's grandfather's plantation do?
2. What is Kit's initial reaction to Wethersfield?
3. When Kit's grandfather dies, who is her only living relative left?
4. What warning does Mr. Holbrook give Kit?
5. Why does Kit jump off the boat and into the water in Chapter 1?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)