|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nat view slavery?
(a) He believes it is good and right.
(b) He is not sure how he feels about it.
(c) He is vehemently against it.
(d) He could care less either way.
2. After Kit's grandfather dies, what happens to the plantation and Kit's wealth?
(a) It all burns in an accidental fire.
(b) It is given to the first male heir.
(c) Nothing. She still owns it all but does not want to live alone.
(d) She has to sell it all to pay her grandfather's debts.
3. Where is Kit traveling from on the Dolphin?
(c) St. Thomas.
4. Why is Mercy crippled?
(a) Because of a fever as a child.
(b) Because of a fall from a horse.
(c) She was born that way.
(d) No one knows why.
5. How is Kit received when her aunt learns that she has come to live with them?
(a) Kit is told to leave immediately.
(b) Her aunt is very excited.
(c) Kit is not well-received.
(d) Her aunt knew she was coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of political outlook does Kit's grandfather adhere to?
2. What group of people does Kit see at the port dressed in somber colors and styles?
3. How many trunks full of her belongings does Kit bring to Wethersfield?
4. What is Mr. Holbrook studying to be?
5. In chapter one, how do people seem to respond to Kit jumping in the water?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)