|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Kit's father and mother meet?
(a) In Jamaica.
(b) In Barbados.
(c) In England.
(d) In the Colony.
2. What is the name of the woman who has taken Kit under her wing on the Dolphin?
(a) Mrs. Edwards.
(b) Mrs. Eaton.
(c) Mrs. Washington.
(d) Mrs. Smith.
3. After Kit's grandfather dies, what happens to the plantation and Kit's wealth?
(a) She has to sell it all to pay her grandfather's debts.
(b) Nothing. She still owns it all but does not want to live alone.
(c) It all burns in an accidental fire.
(d) It is given to the first male heir.
4. What rumor is Mrs. Cruff spreading about Kit on their boat ride to Wethersfield?
(a) That Kit is a boy.
(b) That Kit cannot speak.
(c) That Kit was raised by wolves.
(d) That Kit is a witch.
5. How does John react when hearing that Kit can read and what she reads?
(a) He is excited and encouraging.
(b) He is impressed.
(c) He is surprised and shocked.
(d) He is indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter one, how do people seem to respond to Kit jumping in the water?
2. Where is Kit traveling from on the Dolphin?
3. How does Nat view slavery?
4. How does John Holbrook view reading?
5. What is the name of the port where Kit first goes ashore on her way to Wethersfield?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)