|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mercy crippled?
(a) No one knows why.
(b) Because of a fever as a child.
(c) She was born that way.
(d) Because of a fall from a horse.
2. What rumor is Mrs. Cruff spreading about Kit on their boat ride to Wethersfield?
(a) That Kit is a boy.
(b) That Kit cannot speak.
(c) That Kit is a witch.
(d) That Kit was raised by wolves.
3. What does the overseer of Kit's grandfather's plantation do?
(a) He increases the plantation's wealth.
(b) He embezzles from her grandfather and runs off.
(c) He helps Kit when her grandfather dies.
(d) He helps Kit move to her aunt's.
4. What is the name of the port where Kit first goes ashore on her way to Wethersfield?
5. What happens to Kit's grandfather that causes his death?
(a) He becomes ill.
(b) Someone poisons him.
(c) He drowns while swimming in the ocean.
(d) He is wounded in a farming accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John react when hearing that Kit can read and what she reads?
2. How does John Holbrook view reading?
3. When Kit arrives in Wethersfield, who is there to meet her?
4. How do Kit's cousins respond to her many fancy and colorful gowns?
5. What type of home does Kit grown up in?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)