|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nat view slavery?
(a) He is vehemently against it.
(b) He believes it is good and right.
(c) He is not sure how he feels about it.
(d) He could care less either way.
2. What is the name of the captain's son?
3. What is the name of the port where Kit first goes ashore on her way to Wethersfield?
4. How does John Holbrook view reading?
(a) Reading is for pleasure and work.
(b) Reading is completely pointless.
(c) Reading is purely for pleasure.
(d) Reading is work, not for pleasure.
5. In chapter one, how do people seem to respond to Kit jumping in the water?
(a) They they are concerned for her safety.
(b) They find it admirable.
(c) They think it is funny.
(d) They are annoyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many trunks full of her belongings does Kit bring to Wethersfield?
2. What type of home does Kit grown up in?
3. What is Mr. Holbrook studying to be?
4. How many days does it take the boat to make its way up the river to Wethersfield?
5. When Kit's grandfather dies, who is her only living relative left?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)