|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nat doing when Kit arrives at Hannah's in Chapter 12?
(a) Helping to build a fence.
(c) Fixing the roof.
(d) Making candles.
2. Why does Hannah not want to leave her home at first even though Kit tells her of the angry crowd?
(a) Because Quakers do not run.
(b) Because she has nowhere to go.
(c) Because she is afraid of being far away from her house.
(d) Because she does not believe Kit at first.
3. What does William think that his new responsibility will enable him to do?
(a) Settle down.
(b) Gain respect in the community.
(c) Move to the big city.
(d) Give him advancement in politics.
4. Where do Hannah and her husband walk from to Wethersfield?
(b) New Hampshire.
5. How does Kit find the work of weeding the onion patch?
(a) She finds that it is over quickly.
(b) She finds it quite relaxing.
(c) She finds it very strenuous.
(d) She finds it enjoyable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the punishment for all of Kit's so-called crimes?
2. What does the author note in Chapter 6 that is a touchy subject in Wethersfield?
3. When Matthew initially hears of the townspeople trying to go after Hannah, how does he respond?
4. What type of political outlook does Kit's grandfather adhere to?
5. Who arrives while Kit is visiting Hannah in Chapter 10?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)