|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Kit tell Mr. Kimberly about the play-acting at the school?
(a) Kit explains that she is new and did not know.
(b) Kit tells him that the children should be allowed to play-act.
(c) Kit explains that she knows that play-acting is bad and is sorry.
(d) Kit tells him she will not abide by the rules.
2. What rumor does Nat hear when he returns with the Dolphin to Wethersfield?
(a) That William has decided to move to England.
(b) That William has been branded a Quaker.
(c) That William is already married.
(d) That William plans on marrying Kit.
3. What does Kit consider Mercy to be?
(a) Everyone's comfort.
(b) The most somber little girl.
(c) The family jokester.
(d) A weakened person.
4. How does Kit find the work of weeding the onion patch?
(a) She finds it quite relaxing.
(b) She finds it enjoyable.
(c) She finds it very strenuous.
(d) She finds that it is over quickly.
5. It is common knowledge that once William decides on a wife, he will do what?
(a) Move to the big city.
(b) Start building a house.
(c) Finally study to become a pastor.
(d) Have a purpose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
2. Who is named by England as governor of the Colonies?
3. Why do the townspeople come to Matthew's door saying they are going to get Hannah?
4. How many trunks full of her belongings does Kit bring to Wethersfield?
5. What do the schoolmaster and the reverend do when they come into the class and see the children playing make-believe?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)