|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Kit begins to help with the chores?
(a) She is bad at a few but excellent at the cooking.
(b) She helps greatly and makes everthing easier.
(c) She finds them difficult and is not very good at them.
(d) She is not very fast at the chores, but they get done.
2. Why is Matthew angry about what Kit is wearing to prayer meeting?
(a) He thinks she looks nicer than he does and is bothered.
(b) He finds her clothes scandalous.
(c) He thinks it will cause others to be jealous.
(d) He thinks she looks too pretty.
3. What is Kit's initial reaction to Wethersfield?
(a) She is enthralled by its beauty.
(b) She is excited to be there.
(c) She is overwhelmed by how big it is.
(d) She is disappointed by the small town.
4. What is the religion of Kit's relatives in Wethersfield?
5. What does the overseer of Kit's grandfather's plantation do?
(a) He helps Kit move to her aunt's.
(b) He embezzles from her grandfather and runs off.
(c) He helps Kit when her grandfather dies.
(d) He increases the plantation's wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What familiar person does Kit meet again at the Meeting House?
2. Who teaches Kit how to read?
3. How does Kit feel about having to go to prayer meeting?
4. Why does Kit jump off the boat and into the water in Chapter 1?
5. What type of political outlook does Kit's grandfather adhere to?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)