Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kit's initial reaction to Wethersfield?
(a) She is overwhelmed by how big it is.
(b) She is enthralled by its beauty.
(c) She is excited to be there.
(d) She is disappointed by the small town.
2. After Kit's grandfather dies, what happens to the plantation and Kit's wealth?
(a) It is given to the first male heir.
(b) She has to sell it all to pay her grandfather's debts.
(c) It all burns in an accidental fire.
(d) Nothing. She still owns it all but does not want to live alone.
3. What type of political outlook does Kit's grandfather adhere to?
4. How does Nat view slavery?
(a) He could care less either way.
(b) He is not sure how he feels about it.
(c) He is vehemently against it.
(d) He believes it is good and right.
5. How does John Holbrook view reading?
(a) Reading is for pleasure and work.
(b) Reading is work, not for pleasure.
(c) Reading is purely for pleasure.
(d) Reading is completely pointless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the religion of Kit's relatives in Wethersfield?
2. After observing the Cruffs, how does Kit view them?
3. When Matthew Wood finds out how much luggage Kit has brought with her, what is his response?
4. What item does Prudence accidentally drop in the water?
5. When Kit arrives in Wethersfield, who is there to meet her?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)