|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Matthew give Kit about living with them?
(a) He tells her to watch out for the witch down the street.
(b) He warns her about bugs, snakes and other dangers.
(c) He warns her that she must abide by their customs.
(d) He tells her not to leave the town borders.
2. Where do they lock Kit when she is arrested?
(a) In a cell at the local jailhouse.
(b) In the basement of the Meeting House.
(c) In the stocks in the center of town.
(d) In a shed at the constable's house.
3. Hannah is kind to Kit. What does she do that shows Kit kindness?
(a) Offers her a place to clean up.
(b) Gives her a nice meal.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Listens to her story and comforts her.
4. Where does Prudence meet with Kit to learn to read?
(a) The Meeting House.
(b) The Woods' house.
(c) The Great Meadow.
(d) The library.
5. What does Judith announce as they are working to husk corn?
(a) That she never wants to marry.
(b) That she is going to make John propose.
(c) That she is in love with Nat.
(d) That she is in love with William.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rachel respond when she hears about Kit spending time with Hannah?
2. What state seems to be taking longer accepting a governor appointed by the monarchy?
3. Who leads the party that has come to arrest Kit?
4. Whom does Kit seem to have made quite an impression on and is introduced to after the service?
5. What rumor does Nat hear when he returns with the Dolphin to Wethersfield?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)