|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the overseer of Kit's grandfather's plantation do?
(a) He helps Kit move to her aunt's.
(b) He increases the plantation's wealth.
(c) He helps Kit when her grandfather dies.
(d) He embezzles from her grandfather and runs off.
2. What is the name of Hannah's husband?
3. What are two sentiments that are deeply ingrained in the Colonies?
(a) The spirit of freedom and liberty.
(b) Religious freedom and commitment to the crown.
(c) The ideals of king and country.
(d) Interdependence on one another and England.
4. When William first comes to court Kit, what do they do?
(a) They go into town.
(b) They take a walk around the property.
(c) They play chess.
(d) They sit quietly side by side.
5. What does John think when he hears that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
(a) He congratulates her on being so kind.
(b) He disapproves but thinks Hannah is a good person.
(c) He disapproves and thinks Hannah is a witch.
(d) He confesses that he has been visiting her too.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many trunks full of her belongings does Kit bring to Wethersfield?
2. In Chapter 7, who comes and interrupts Kit's time with William?
3. What familiar person does Kit meet again at the Meeting House?
4. Not long after John's departure, what happens to Judith?
5. How is Kit received when her aunt learns that she has come to live with them?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)