|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to visit Kit when she is locked away as a prisoner?
(a) William Ashby.
(c) Her aunt Rachel.
2. What decision does Mr. Kimberly make about closing the school?
(a) It can stay open.
(b) It must close.
(c) It can stay open but Kit cannot teach anymore.
(d) It can stay open but neither girl can teach anymore.
3. What response does William's request of Matthew in Chapter 6 elicit from the three girls?
4. What does William think that his new responsibility will enable him to do?
(a) Gain respect in the community.
(b) Move to the big city.
(c) Settle down.
(d) Give him advancement in politics.
5. What food item does Rachel give to Kit to take to Hannah?
(a) A jug of milk.
(c) A tart.
(d) A sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kit finds out that the Woods have no servants, how does she feel?
2. Who is the monarch of England at the time Kit moves to the colonies?
3. Why do the townspeople want to arrest Kit?
4. Who teaches Kit how to read?
5. How does John Holbrook view reading?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)