|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of home does Kit grown up in?
(a) A shack.
(b) A cottage.
(c) An orphanage.
(d) A plantation.
2. What is Nat doing when Kit arrives at Hannah's in Chapter 12?
(b) Fixing the roof.
(c) Helping to build a fence.
(d) Making candles.
3. How does John Holbrook view reading?
(a) Reading is completely pointless.
(b) Reading is for pleasure and work.
(c) Reading is work, not for pleasure.
(d) Reading is purely for pleasure.
4. After service, Dr. Bulkeley and who else are invited to the Woods' for dinner?
(b) Mr. Holbrook.
(d) Their impoverished neighbors.
5. What does Kit confess to Nat?
(a) She hates her family.
(b) She is not really happy.
(c) She is in love with William.
(d) She is not treated well.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
2. What changes in Prudence does the reader see in Chapter 16?
3. Where do Kit's father and mother meet?
4. Not long after John's departure, what happens to Judith?
5. Where do Kit and Prudence decide to hide the hornbook?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)