|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal do the townspeople think Hannah has turned herself into in order to escape?
(a) A crow.
(b) A rat.
(c) A snake.
(d) A spider.
2. Why is Mercy crippled?
(a) She was born that way.
(b) Because of a fall from a horse.
(c) Because of a fever as a child.
(d) No one knows why.
3. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
(a) That she is too stupid to learn to read.
(b) That she can do anything she puts her mind to.
(c) That she can learn if she tries and works hard.
(d) That she is the smartest girl.
4. In Chapter 7, what do Mercy and Judith tell Kit when the guests are gone?
(a) That they do not want her to marry William.
(b) That William is preparing for marriage.
(c) That they think William does not really like her anymore.
(d) That they like John more than William.
5. In Chapter 11, what does Kit notice as John Holbrook reads aloud to the group in the Woods' house?
(a) How much she loves him.
(b) How handsome he is.
(c) The loving way Mercy is looking at him.
(d) The way that he and Judith seem to be meant for each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is named by England as governor of the Colonies?
2. Which sister tends to be more patient with Kit as she tries to learn the chores?
3. How many days does it take the boat to make its way up the river to Wethersfield?
4. What hurtful thing does Judith say about her cousin her first night there?
5. It is common knowledge that once William decides on a wife, he will do what?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)