|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mercy crippled?
(a) She was born that way.
(b) Because of a fall from a horse.
(c) No one knows why.
(d) Because of a fever as a child.
2. What about Hannah's physical appearance seems to frighten Kit?
(a) Her crooked nose.
(b) The nasty scar on her forehead.
(c) Her scraggly hair.
(d) Her toothless smile.
3. What holiday does the new governor decide to change the date of?
(c) The winter solstice.
4. After Kit's grandfather dies, what happens to the plantation and Kit's wealth?
(a) It is given to the first male heir.
(b) She has to sell it all to pay her grandfather's debts.
(c) Nothing. She still owns it all but does not want to live alone.
(d) It all burns in an accidental fire.
5. After service, Dr. Bulkeley and who else are invited to the Woods' for dinner?
(a) Their impoverished neighbors.
(d) Mr. Holbrook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives while Kit is visiting Hannah in Chapter 10?
2. What changes in Prudence does the reader see in Chapter 16?
3. What do the Puritans consider the Quakers?
4. Who leads the party that has come to arrest Kit?
5. What opinion does Dr. Bulkeley mention that upsets Matthew?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)