|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John react when hearing that Kit can read and what she reads?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is surprised and shocked.
(c) He is impressed.
(d) He is excited and encouraging.
2. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
(a) They are chastised and told to pray.
(b) They are asked to leave the town.
(c) They are put in the stocks.
(d) They are congratulated for their good joke.
3. In Chapter 10, what does Kit tell Mr. Kimberly about the play-acting at the school?
(a) Kit explains that she is new and did not know.
(b) Kit tells him that the children should be allowed to play-act.
(c) Kit tells him she will not abide by the rules.
(d) Kit explains that she knows that play-acting is bad and is sorry.
4. What rumor does Nat hear when he returns with the Dolphin to Wethersfield?
(a) That William has decided to move to England.
(b) That William plans on marrying Kit.
(c) That William is already married.
(d) That William has been branded a Quaker.
5. Where does Prudence meet with Kit to learn to read?
(a) The library.
(b) The Meeting House.
(c) The Great Meadow.
(d) The Woods' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Hannah and her husband not allowed to stay in town when they arrived in Connecticut?
2. What food item does Rachel give to Kit to take to Hannah?
3. What do the schoolmaster and the reverend do when they come into the class and see the children playing make-believe?
4. What opinion does Dr. Bulkeley mention that upsets Matthew?
5. What does William think about the new governor of the Colonies appointed by the King?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)