|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What additional gift does Kit convince Judith to take with the clothes she has already given her?
(a) A bonnet.
(b) A satchel.
(c) Some stockings.
(d) Some shoes.
2. Why do the townspeople want to arrest Kit?
(a) They know that she has helped Hannah escape.
(b) They are against all newcomers now.
(c) They have decide they do not like people from Barbados.
(d) They think Hannah has left her to continue her work.
3. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) They are wary of each other and take a long time to grow on each other.
(c) They tolerate each other.
(d) They take to each other immediately.
4. When William first comes to court Kit, what do they do?
(a) They go into town.
(b) They play chess.
(c) They sit quietly side by side.
(d) They take a walk around the property.
5. Why were Hannah and her husband not allowed to stay in town when they arrived in Connecticut?
(a) Because they were not married correctly.
(b) The fact that they did not originally speak English.
(c) The branded scars on their foreheads.
(d) Because of their skin color.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sister tends to be more patient with Kit as she tries to learn the chores?
2. Until moving to the colonies, what role does religion play in Kit's life?
3. When Kit finds out that the Woods have no servants, how does she feel?
4. What are two sentiments that are deeply ingrained in the Colonies?
5. Who does Kit note is the staying force of the Wood family?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)