|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author note in Chapter 6 that is a touchy subject in Wethersfield?
(c) Womens' rights.
2. What does Hannah do to raise some money to pay for taxes and fines?
(a) She sells vegetables.
(b) She spins flax for some of the townspeople.
(c) She knits socks and blankets.
(d) She sells bread.
3. What are two sentiments that are deeply ingrained in the Colonies?
(a) The spirit of freedom and liberty.
(b) Interdependence on one another and England.
(c) The ideals of king and country.
(d) Religious freedom and commitment to the crown.
4. What does Kit consider Mercy to be?
(a) The family jokester.
(b) Everyone's comfort.
(c) A weakened person.
(d) The most somber little girl.
5. Until moving to the colonies, what role does religion play in Kit's life?
(a) It is important, but she follows a different religion than the Woods.
(b) It is still important to her.
(c) Not a very big role.
(d) It was very important to her, but she abandons it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kit tend to do at the end of each class?
2. How do the Puritans view play-acting?
3. What food item does Rachel give to Kit to take to Hannah?
4. Who comes to visit Kit when she is locked away as a prisoner?
5. After service, Dr. Bulkeley and who else are invited to the Woods' for dinner?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)