|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John think when he hears that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
(a) He disapproves but thinks Hannah is a good person.
(b) He confesses that he has been visiting her too.
(c) He disapproves and thinks Hannah is a witch.
(d) He congratulates her on being so kind.
2. Whom does John tell Kit he is in love with?
3. What changes in Prudence does the reader see in Chapter 16?
(a) There really are no changes.
(b) She is now a happy and confident girl.
(c) She has grown very tall.
(d) She is very sick.
4. What holiday does the new governor decide to change the date of?
(c) The winter solstice.
5. What rumor does Nat hear when he returns with the Dolphin to Wethersfield?
(a) That William has decided to move to England.
(b) That William plans on marrying Kit.
(c) That William is already married.
(d) That William has been branded a Quaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only member of the Wood family not expected to attend prayer meeting?
2. What do the Puritans consider the Quakers?
3. Which sister tends to be more patient with Kit as she tries to learn the chores?
4. Why is Matthew angry about what Kit is wearing to prayer meeting?
5. It is summer; what little anonymous gift has Kit been receiving?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)