|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many trunks full of her belongings does Kit bring to Wethersfield?
2. What does the overseer of Kit's grandfather's plantation do?
(a) He helps Kit move to her aunt's.
(b) He helps Kit when her grandfather dies.
(c) He increases the plantation's wealth.
(d) He embezzles from her grandfather and runs off.
3. Why were Hannah and her husband not allowed to stay in town when they arrived in Connecticut?
(a) Because they were not married correctly.
(b) Because of their skin color.
(c) The fact that they did not originally speak English.
(d) The branded scars on their foreheads.
4. What does William think that his new responsibility will enable him to do?
(a) Settle down.
(b) Gain respect in the community.
(c) Move to the big city.
(d) Give him advancement in politics.
5. Who teaches Kit how to read?
(a) Her maidservant.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What familiar person does Kit meet again at the Meeting House?
2. Whom does Judith declare she is going to marry?
3. Who comes to Kit's defense when Matthew gets angry about Kit's outfit?
4. What about autumn enchants Kit?
5. In Chapter 7, what do Mercy and Judith tell Kit when the guests are gone?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)