|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Puritans view play-acting?
(a) They consider it sinful.
(b) They see it as silly.
(c) They consider it great fun.
(d) They think it is necessary.
2. How does Kit feel about having to go to prayer meeting?
(a) She does not care either way.
(b) She is interested in going so she can learn more.
(c) She does not want to go.
(d) She is excited to go.
3. Hannah is kind to Kit. What does she do that shows Kit kindness?
(a) Gives her a nice meal.
(b) Offers her a place to clean up.
(c) Listens to her story and comforts her.
(d) All answers are correct.
4. Why were Hannah and her husband not allowed to stay in town when they arrived in Connecticut?
(a) The branded scars on their foreheads.
(b) Because they were not married correctly.
(c) Because of their skin color.
(d) The fact that they did not originally speak English.
5. Who comes to Kit's defense when Matthew gets angry about Kit's outfit?
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat insist on doing after dinner at Hannah's?
2. What familiar person does Kit meet again at the Meeting House?
3. What author does Kit discover Nat enjoys reading?
4. When Matthew returns home and sees the new clothes, what does he do?
5. Whom does Kit seem to have made quite an impression on and is introduced to after the service?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)