|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Prudence meet with Kit to learn to read?
(a) The Meeting House.
(b) The Great Meadow.
(c) The Woods' house.
(d) The library.
2. Why do the townspeople want to arrest Kit?
(a) They think Hannah has left her to continue her work.
(b) They are against all newcomers now.
(c) They know that she has helped Hannah escape.
(d) They have decide they do not like people from Barbados.
3. What does Kit confide to Hannah when she brings her Nat's gift?
(a) She tells Hannah that she is thinking of going to England.
(b) She tells Hannah that Nat is in trouble.
(c) She tells Hannah that she might want to be a Quaker.
(d) She tells Hannah she is not sure about William's proposal.
4. Who raises Kit?
(a) Her older sister.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her older brother.
(d) Her grandfather.
5. What do the schoolmaster and the reverend do when they come into the class and see the children playing make-believe?
(a) They do nothing and sit in silence.
(b) They dismiss Kit as a teacher.
(c) They clap and encourage the students.
(d) They scold the class and the teachers and leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. After observing the Cruffs, how does Kit view them?
2. What is Kit's response when William proposes?
3. In Chapter 11, what does Kit notice as John Holbrook reads aloud to the group in the Woods' house?
4. How do Kit's cousins respond to her many fancy and colorful gowns?
5. How many young children are in Mercy's class?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)