|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Matthew returns home and sees the new clothes, what does he do?
(a) He thanks Kit profusely.
(b) He does not really notice.
(c) He pretends that he likes the dresses.
(d) He demands that his daughters return the clothes.
2. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
(a) They are wary of each other and take a long time to grow on each other.
(b) They hate each other.
(c) They tolerate each other.
(d) They take to each other immediately.
3. Where does Prudence meet with Kit to learn to read?
(a) The Great Meadow.
(b) The Woods' house.
(c) The library.
(d) The Meeting House.
4. Who is the monarch of England at the time Kit moves to the colonies?
(a) King John.
(b) King James.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) King Edward.
5. How does Kit react to teaching the young children?
(a) She enjoys it.
(b) She thinks it is better than nothing.
(c) She finds it quite dull.
(d) She thinks it is too hard and would rather do manual labor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kit feel when the reverend says a prayer for Mercy and her affliction?
2. Where do Hannah and her husband walk from to Wethersfield?
3. Who is the only member of the Wood family not expected to attend prayer meeting?
4. Who comes to visit Kit when she is locked away as a prisoner?
5. What author does Kit discover Nat enjoys reading?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)