|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Mr. Kimberly make about closing the school?
(a) It can stay open.
(b) It must close.
(c) It can stay open but Kit cannot teach anymore.
(d) It can stay open but neither girl can teach anymore.
2. In Chapter 7, what do Mercy and Judith tell Kit when the guests are gone?
(a) That William is preparing for marriage.
(b) That they like John more than William.
(c) That they do not want her to marry William.
(d) That they think William does not really like her anymore.
3. Whom does John tell Kit he is in love with?
4. What opinion does Dr. Bulkeley mention that upsets Matthew?
(a) His enjoyment of reading for pleasure.
(b) His approval of the Royalists.
(c) His support of slavery.
(d) His compliments about Kit's dress.
5. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) They are wary of each other and take a long time to grow on each other.
(c) They tolerate each other.
(d) They take to each other immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kit mention the Dolphin smells like?
2. What holiday does the new governor decide to change the date of?
3. Who leads the party that has come to arrest Kit?
4. How does Kit feel about having to go to prayer meeting?
5. Why do the townspeople want to arrest Kit?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)