|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Kit's grandfather dies, what happens to the plantation and Kit's wealth?
(a) Nothing. She still owns it all but does not want to live alone.
(b) She has to sell it all to pay her grandfather's debts.
(c) It is given to the first male heir.
(d) It all burns in an accidental fire.
2. What happens to Kit's grandfather that causes his death?
(a) He is wounded in a farming accident.
(b) Someone poisons him.
(c) He becomes ill.
(d) He drowns while swimming in the ocean.
3. What additional gift does Kit convince Judith to take with the clothes she has already given her?
(a) A satchel.
(b) A bonnet.
(c) Some stockings.
(d) Some shoes.
4. What does the author note in Chapter 6 that is a touchy subject in Wethersfield?
(a) Womens' rights.
5. After service, Dr. Bulkeley and who else are invited to the Woods' for dinner?
(b) Mr. Holbrook.
(d) Their impoverished neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kit mention the Dolphin smells like?
2. How does Kit feel when the reverend says a prayer for Mercy and her affliction?
3. How many days does it take the boat to make its way up the river to Wethersfield?
4. Which members of the Wethersfield community are expected to go to the meeting?
5. Who is named by England as governor of the Colonies?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)