|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only member of the Wood family not expected to attend prayer meeting?
2. Why is Matthew angry about what Kit is wearing to prayer meeting?
(a) He finds her clothes scandalous.
(b) He thinks she looks nicer than he does and is bothered.
(c) He thinks it will cause others to be jealous.
(d) He thinks she looks too pretty.
3. How does Kit feel about having to go to prayer meeting?
(a) She is interested in going so she can learn more.
(b) She does not want to go.
(c) She is excited to go.
(d) She does not care either way.
4. What is Kit's initial reaction to Wethersfield?
(a) She is disappointed by the small town.
(b) She is enthralled by its beauty.
(c) She is overwhelmed by how big it is.
(d) She is excited to be there.
5. When Matthew Wood finds out how much luggage Kit has brought with her, what is his response?
(a) He finds it wasteful and sinful.
(b) He thinks it is funny.
(c) He thinks it is a bit much, but that she is a growing girl.
(d) He does not really care either way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kit surprised to hear when they are leaving her first prayer meeting?
2. After Kit's grandfather dies, what happens to the plantation and Kit's wealth?
3. What does the author note in Chapter 6 that is a touchy subject in Wethersfield?
4. Why is Mercy crippled?
5. Who does Kit note is the staying force of the Wood family?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)