|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mercy tell Kit about their life in Wethersfield?
(a) That life is very hard for them.
(b) That life is easy.
(c) That life has its ups and downs.
(d) She tells Kit not to worry about anything.
2. What meal does Kit try to help make?
(a) Corn pudding.
(d) Soda bread.
3. Which sister tends to be more patient with Kit as she tries to learn the chores?
(a) They are both impatient.
(d) They are both patient.
4. What opinion does Dr. Bulkeley mention that upsets Matthew?
(a) His compliments about Kit's dress.
(b) His support of slavery.
(c) His enjoyment of reading for pleasure.
(d) His approval of the Royalists.
5. Who comes to Kit's defense when Matthew gets angry about Kit's outfit?
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because the girls are busy trying on their new clothes, what is left undone?
2. What does the author note in Chapter 6 that is a touchy subject in Wethersfield?
3. How many days does it take the boat to make its way up the river to Wethersfield?
4. What additional gift does Kit convince Judith to take with the clothes she has already given her?
5. Who is Dr. Bulkeley?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)