|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Matthew Wood finds out how much luggage Kit has brought with her, what is his response?
(a) He does not really care either way.
(b) He thinks it is funny.
(c) He thinks it is a bit much, but that she is a growing girl.
(d) He finds it wasteful and sinful.
2. After service, Dr. Bulkeley and who else are invited to the Woods' for dinner?
(a) Mr. Holbrook.
(b) Their impoverished neighbors.
3. Who teaches Kit how to read?
(a) Her maidservant.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandfather.
4. How does John Holbrook view reading?
(a) Reading is for pleasure and work.
(b) Reading is work, not for pleasure.
(c) Reading is completely pointless.
(d) Reading is purely for pleasure.
5. What happens to Kit's grandfather that causes his death?
(a) He is wounded in a farming accident.
(b) He becomes ill.
(c) Someone poisons him.
(d) He drowns while swimming in the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is prayer meeting held?
2. What additional gift does Kit convince Judith to take with the clothes she has already given her?
3. Who is the monarch of England at the time Kit moves to the colonies?
4. What meal does Kit try to help make?
5. Whose reaction does Judith wonder about when they see her in the new clothes?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)