|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the overseer of Kit's grandfather's plantation do?
(a) He embezzles from her grandfather and runs off.
(b) He helps Kit move to her aunt's.
(c) He helps Kit when her grandfather dies.
(d) He increases the plantation's wealth.
2. How is Kit received when her aunt learns that she has come to live with them?
(a) Her aunt is very excited.
(b) Her aunt knew she was coming.
(c) Kit is told to leave immediately.
(d) Kit is not well-received.
3. What familiar person does Kit meet again at the Meeting House?
(a) Mrs. Eaton.
(d) Mrs. Cruff.
4. How does John Holbrook view reading?
(a) Reading is purely for pleasure.
(b) Reading is work, not for pleasure.
(c) Reading is completely pointless.
(d) Reading is for pleasure and work.
5. How does John react when hearing that Kit can read and what she reads?
(a) He is surprised and shocked.
(b) He is excited and encouraging.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He is impressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Kit seem to have made quite an impression on and is introduced to after the service?
2. Who is the only member of the Wood family not expected to attend prayer meeting?
3. What meal does Kit try to help make?
4. What day is prayer meeting held?
5. When Matthew Wood finds out how much luggage Kit has brought with her, what is his response?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)