|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kit consider Mercy to be?
(a) Everyone's comfort.
(b) A weakened person.
(c) The family jokester.
(d) The most somber little girl.
2. How does John react when hearing that Kit can read and what she reads?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is impressed.
(c) He is surprised and shocked.
(d) He is excited and encouraging.
3. Until moving to the colonies, what role does religion play in Kit's life?
(a) It is still important to her.
(b) Not a very big role.
(c) It was very important to her, but she abandons it.
(d) It is important, but she follows a different religion than the Woods.
4. Where do Kit's father and mother meet?
(a) In Jamaica.
(b) In England.
(c) In Barbados.
(d) In the Colony.
5. What day is prayer meeting held?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Kit begins to help with the chores?
2. Whom does Kit seem to have made quite an impression on and is introduced to after the service?
3. What response does William's request of Matthew in Chapter 6 elicit from the three girls?
4. When Matthew Wood finds out how much luggage Kit has brought with her, what is his response?
5. What opinion does Dr. Bulkeley mention that upsets Matthew?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)