|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does it take the boat to make its way up the river to Wethersfield?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 9 days.
(d) 7 days.
2. When Matthew returns home and sees the new clothes, what does he do?
(a) He does not really notice.
(b) He pretends that he likes the dresses.
(c) He demands that his daughters return the clothes.
(d) He thanks Kit profusely.
3. After Kit's grandfather dies, what happens to the plantation and Kit's wealth?
(a) It is given to the first male heir.
(b) She has to sell it all to pay her grandfather's debts.
(c) It all burns in an accidental fire.
(d) Nothing. She still owns it all but does not want to live alone.
4. What is the religion of Kit's relatives in Wethersfield?
5. What opinion does Dr. Bulkeley mention that upsets Matthew?
(a) His support of slavery.
(b) His compliments about Kit's dress.
(c) His enjoyment of reading for pleasure.
(d) His approval of the Royalists.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kit feel about her first prayer meeting?
2. Who is the monarch of England at the time Kit moves to the colonies?
3. What warning does Matthew give Kit about living with them?
4. What is Kit surprised to hear when they are leaving her first prayer meeting?
5. What does the author note in Chapter 6 that is a touchy subject in Wethersfield?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)