|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are two sentiments that are deeply ingrained in the Colonies?
(a) Religious freedom and commitment to the crown.
(b) The ideals of king and country.
(c) The spirit of freedom and liberty.
(d) Interdependence on one another and England.
2. What do the Puritans consider the Quakers?
(a) Fellow Christians.
(b) Brothers in the Lord.
(c) Devil worshippers.
(d) Troublemakers and heretics.
3. How does Matthew react when he learns that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
(a) He is indifferent and does not really care.
(b) He is angry and forbids her from ever going again.
(c) He is angry but eventually understands.
(d) He is happy that she has been visiting her.
4. Who is the only member of the Wood family not expected to attend prayer meeting?
5. Until moving to the colonies, what role does religion play in Kit's life?
(a) It is still important to her.
(b) It was very important to her, but she abandons it.
(c) Not a very big role.
(d) It is important, but she follows a different religion than the Woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hannah do to raise some money to pay for taxes and fines?
2. Who is Dr. Bulkeley?
3. What day is prayer meeting held?
4. What type of political outlook does Kit's grandfather adhere to?
5. What does Nat insist on doing after dinner at Hannah's?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)