|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kit confess to Nat?
(a) She is not really happy.
(b) She is in love with William.
(c) She is not treated well.
(d) She hates her family.
2. Why is Mercy crippled?
(a) No one knows why.
(b) She was born that way.
(c) Because of a fever as a child.
(d) Because of a fall from a horse.
3. Who is Dr. Bulkeley?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The town physician.
(c) Matthew's boss.
(d) Mr. Holbrook's professor.
4. What does Nat insist on doing after dinner at Hannah's?
(a) Playing a game of cards.
(b) Reading out loud.
(c) Walking Kit home.
(d) Having dessert.
5. In Chapter 10, what does Kit tell Mr. Kimberly about the play-acting at the school?
(a) Kit tells him she will not abide by the rules.
(b) Kit explains that she knows that play-acting is bad and is sorry.
(c) Kit tells him that the children should be allowed to play-act.
(d) Kit explains that she is new and did not know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hannah do to raise some money to pay for taxes and fines?
2. What are two sentiments that are deeply ingrained in the Colonies?
3. Which members of the Wethersfield community are expected to go to the meeting?
4. How is Kit received when her aunt learns that she has come to live with them?
5. What do the Puritans consider the Quakers?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)