|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what do Mercy and Judith tell Kit when the guests are gone?
(a) That they do not want her to marry William.
(b) That they think William does not really like her anymore.
(c) That William is preparing for marriage.
(d) That they like John more than William.
2. What does William think about the new governor of the Colonies appointed by the King?
(a) He thinks the colonies should accept the governor.
(b) He thinks the colonies should be left alone by England.
(c) He has no opinion and does not like talking about politics.
(d) He despises the governor but thinks another one would be good.
3. Why is Matthew angry about what Kit is wearing to prayer meeting?
(a) He thinks she looks nicer than he does and is bothered.
(b) He thinks it will cause others to be jealous.
(c) He thinks she looks too pretty.
(d) He finds her clothes scandalous.
4. How is Kit received when her aunt learns that she has come to live with them?
(a) Kit is told to leave immediately.
(b) Her aunt is very excited.
(c) Kit is not well-received.
(d) Her aunt knew she was coming.
5. What does Hannah do to raise some money to pay for taxes and fines?
(a) She knits socks and blankets.
(b) She spins flax for some of the townspeople.
(c) She sells bread.
(d) She sells vegetables.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives while Kit is visiting Hannah in Chapter 10?
2. How does Kit describe her Aunt's home?
3. Which members of the Wethersfield community are expected to go to the meeting?
4. How does Rachel respond when she hears about Kit spending time with Hannah?
5. After Kit's grandfather dies, what happens to the plantation and Kit's wealth?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)