|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what important responsibility has William recently been given?
(a) Lead choir singer.
(b) Viewer of Fences.
(c) Builder of the new Meeting House.
(d) Community organizer.
2. What does Matthew think about the Assembly's land-concessions move?
(a) It does not matter to him because he already has land.
(b) He supports it and thinks it will lessen the king's power.
(c) He thinks the idea is good but that the king should do it.
(d) He does not agree at all.
3. What is Kit surprised to hear when they are leaving her first prayer meeting?
(a) That she never has to go again.
(b) That the meetings are only once a month.
(c) That she must go every single day.
(d) That they will be returning later for a second meeting.
4. What does William think that his new responsibility will enable him to do?
(a) Give him advancement in politics.
(b) Gain respect in the community.
(c) Move to the big city.
(d) Settle down.
5. What does the overseer of Kit's grandfather's plantation do?
(a) He embezzles from her grandfather and runs off.
(b) He increases the plantation's wealth.
(c) He helps Kit when her grandfather dies.
(d) He helps Kit move to her aunt's.
Short Answer Questions
1. When William first comes to court Kit, what do they do?
2. When Matthew Wood finds out how much luggage Kit has brought with her, what is his response?
3. In Chapter 10, what does Kit tell Mr. Kimberly about the play-acting at the school?
4. What does Hannah do to raise some money to pay for taxes and fines?
5. Why is Mercy crippled?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)