|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mercy crippled?
(a) Because of a fever as a child.
(b) She was born that way.
(c) No one knows why.
(d) Because of a fall from a horse.
2. Which members of the Wethersfield community are expected to go to the meeting?
(a) Adults only.
(b) Women only.
(c) Men only.
3. What food item does Rachel give to Kit to take to Hannah?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A tart.
(d) A jug of milk.
4. How is Kit received when her aunt learns that she has come to live with them?
(a) Her aunt is very excited.
(b) Her aunt knew she was coming.
(c) Kit is told to leave immediately.
(d) Kit is not well-received.
5. How many trunks full of her belongings does Kit bring to Wethersfield?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Bulkeley?
2. How does Kit feel about having to go to prayer meeting?
3. In Chapter 7, what do Mercy and Judith tell Kit when the guests are gone?
4. When Matthew Wood finds out how much luggage Kit has brought with her, what is his response?
5. What does the overseer of Kit's grandfather's plantation do?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)