|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mercy crippled?
(a) Because of a fever as a child.
(b) No one knows why.
(c) She was born that way.
(d) Because of a fall from a horse.
2. How does Rachel respond when she hears about Kit spending time with Hannah?
(a) She thinks it is nice of Kit.
(b) She is very distressed to hear it.
(c) She is slightly worried but overall thinks it is fine.
(d) She is angery and yells at Kit.
3. In Chapter 7, who comes and interrupts Kit's time with William?
(a) John Holbrook.
(b) The reverend.
4. In Chapter 7, what important responsibility has William recently been given?
(a) Lead choir singer.
(b) Builder of the new Meeting House.
(c) Viewer of Fences.
(d) Community organizer.
5. How does Matthew react when he learns that Kit has been visiting Hannah?
(a) He is angry and forbids her from ever going again.
(b) He is happy that she has been visiting her.
(c) He is angry but eventually understands.
(d) He is indifferent and does not really care.
Short Answer Questions
1. Until moving to the colonies, what role does religion play in Kit's life?
2. What are two sentiments that are deeply ingrained in the Colonies?
3. What does William mention he is intending to build?
4. After Kit's grandfather dies, what happens to the plantation and Kit's wealth?
5. What type of political outlook does Kit's grandfather adhere to?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)