|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day is prayer meeting held?
2. Who comes to Kit's defense when Matthew gets angry about Kit's outfit?
(b) No one.
3. What does the overseer of Kit's grandfather's plantation do?
(a) He helps Kit when her grandfather dies.
(b) He embezzles from her grandfather and runs off.
(c) He helps Kit move to her aunt's.
(d) He increases the plantation's wealth.
4. Until moving to the colonies, what role does religion play in Kit's life?
(a) Not a very big role.
(b) It was very important to her, but she abandons it.
(c) It is important, but she follows a different religion than the Woods.
(d) It is still important to her.
5. In Chapter 7, what do Mercy and Judith tell Kit when the guests are gone?
(a) That they do not want her to marry William.
(b) That William is preparing for marriage.
(c) That they think William does not really like her anymore.
(d) That they like John more than William.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only member of the Wood family not expected to attend prayer meeting?
2. What decision does Mr. Kimberly make about closing the school?
3. How many trunks full of her belongings does Kit bring to Wethersfield?
4. Why is Mercy crippled?
5. What does Kit confess to Nat?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)