|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Kit notice as John Holbrook reads aloud to the group in the Woods' house?
(a) How handsome he is.
(b) The way that he and Judith seem to be meant for each other.
(c) The loving way Mercy is looking at him.
(d) How much she loves him.
2. What does Kit confide to Hannah when she brings her Nat's gift?
(a) She tells Hannah that Nat is in trouble.
(b) She tells Hannah she is not sure about William's proposal.
(c) She tells Hannah that she might want to be a Quaker.
(d) She tells Hannah that she is thinking of going to England.
3. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
(a) They take to each other immediately.
(b) They are wary of each other and take a long time to grow on each other.
(c) They hate each other.
(d) They tolerate each other.
4. When Kit arrives at her aunt's house, what disturbing news does she hear about John Holbrook?
(a) He has joined the militia to fight the Indians.
(b) He has given up school to be a sailor.
(c) He has started working for the new governor.
(d) He has decided that he too loves Kit.
5. What do some rowdy sailors put in the windows of the house William is building?
(a) Quaker religious symbols.
(b) Sinful pictures.
(d) Indian relics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Kit and Prudence decide to hide the hornbook?
2. After service, Dr. Bulkeley and who else are invited to the Woods' for dinner?
3. How does Kit feel when the reverend says a prayer for Mercy and her affliction?
4. What holiday does the new governor decide to change the date of?
5. Whom does Judith declare she is going to marry?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)