|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kit arrives at her aunt's house, what disturbing news does she hear about John Holbrook?
(a) He has decided that he too loves Kit.
(b) He has started working for the new governor.
(c) He has given up school to be a sailor.
(d) He has joined the militia to fight the Indians.
2. After service, Dr. Bulkeley and who else are invited to the Woods' for dinner?
(c) Their impoverished neighbors.
(d) Mr. Holbrook.
3. Who does Kit note is the staying force of the Wood family?
4. What do some rowdy sailors put in the windows of the house William is building?
(a) Indian relics.
(b) Quaker religious symbols.
(d) Sinful pictures.
5. What response does William's request of Matthew in Chapter 6 elicit from the three girls?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kit confide to Hannah when she brings her Nat's gift?
2. What changes in Prudence does the reader see in Chapter 16?
3. Who is the monarch of England at the time Kit moves to the colonies?
4. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
5. Whom does Judith declare she is going to marry?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)