|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kit consider Mercy to be?
(a) The most somber little girl.
(b) Everyone's comfort.
(c) A weakened person.
(d) The family jokester.
2. Who is the monarch of England at the time Kit moves to the colonies?
(a) King Edward.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) King James.
(d) King John.
3. What response does William's request of Matthew in Chapter 6 elicit from the three girls?
4. It is summer; what little anonymous gift has Kit been receiving?
(c) Pretty pebbles.
(d) Paper dolls.
5. When Kit arrives at her aunt's house, what disturbing news does she hear about John Holbrook?
(a) He has started working for the new governor.
(b) He has given up school to be a sailor.
(c) He has decided that he too loves Kit.
(d) He has joined the militia to fight the Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kit note is the staying force of the Wood family?
2. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
3. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
4. What does the author note in Chapter 6 that is a touchy subject in Wethersfield?
5. What holiday does the new governor decide to change the date of?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)