|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What opinion does Dr. Bulkeley mention that upsets Matthew?
(a) His enjoyment of reading for pleasure.
(b) His compliments about Kit's dress.
(c) His support of slavery.
(d) His approval of the Royalists.
2. Who is named by England as governor of the Colonies?
3. In Chapter 11, what does Kit notice as John Holbrook reads aloud to the group in the Woods' house?
(a) How handsome he is.
(b) The way that he and Judith seem to be meant for each other.
(c) The loving way Mercy is looking at him.
(d) How much she loves him.
4. What changes in Prudence does the reader see in Chapter 16?
(a) She is now a happy and confident girl.
(b) There really are no changes.
(c) She is very sick.
(d) She has grown very tall.
5. It is summer; what little anonymous gift has Kit been receiving?
(b) Pretty pebbles.
(d) Paper dolls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William ask Matthew in Chapter 6?
2. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
3. What does Kit consider Mercy to be?
4. What state seems to be taking longer accepting a governor appointed by the monarchy?
5. After service, Dr. Bulkeley and who else are invited to the Woods' for dinner?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)