|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the monarch of England at the time Kit moves to the colonies?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) King John.
(c) King James.
(d) King Edward.
2. What opinion does Dr. Bulkeley mention that upsets Matthew?
(a) His support of slavery.
(b) His approval of the Royalists.
(c) His enjoyment of reading for pleasure.
(d) His compliments about Kit's dress.
3. How does Kit feel when the reverend says a prayer for Mercy and her affliction?
(a) She is thankful.
(b) She is annoyed.
(c) She is emotional.
(d) She is in agreement.
4. After service, Dr. Bulkeley and who else are invited to the Woods' for dinner?
(b) Their impoverished neighbors.
(d) Mr. Holbrook.
5. What state seems to be taking longer accepting a governor appointed by the monarchy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is named by England as governor of the Colonies?
2. In Chapter 11, what does Kit notice as John Holbrook reads aloud to the group in the Woods' house?
3. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
4. Where do Kit and Prudence decide to hide the hornbook?
5. What response does William's request of Matthew in Chapter 6 elicit from the three girls?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)