|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
(a) They are wary of each other and take a long time to grow on each other.
(b) They hate each other.
(c) They take to each other immediately.
(d) They tolerate each other.
2. Where does Prudence meet with Kit to learn to read?
(a) The Woods' house.
(b) The Great Meadow.
(c) The library.
(d) The Meeting House.
3. When Kit arrives at her aunt's house, what disturbing news does she hear about John Holbrook?
(a) He has started working for the new governor.
(b) He has joined the militia to fight the Indians.
(c) He has given up school to be a sailor.
(d) He has decided that he too loves Kit.
4. What state seems to be taking longer accepting a governor appointed by the monarchy?
5. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
(a) They are chastised and told to pray.
(b) They are asked to leave the town.
(c) They are put in the stocks.
(d) They are congratulated for their good joke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kit note is the staying force of the Wood family?
2. In Chapter 11, what does Kit notice as John Holbrook reads aloud to the group in the Woods' house?
3. What does Kit consider Mercy to be?
4. It is summer; what little anonymous gift has Kit been receiving?
5. What opinion does Dr. Bulkeley mention that upsets Matthew?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)