|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kit consider Mercy to be?
(a) A weakened person.
(b) The most somber little girl.
(c) The family jokester.
(d) Everyone's comfort.
2. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
(a) That she is the smartest girl.
(b) That she can learn if she tries and works hard.
(c) That she is too stupid to learn to read.
(d) That she can do anything she puts her mind to.
3. Who does Kit note is the staying force of the Wood family?
4. Where does Prudence meet with Kit to learn to read?
(a) The Woods' house.
(b) The Great Meadow.
(c) The library.
(d) The Meeting House.
5. Where do Kit and Prudence decide to hide the hornbook?
(a) Under Kit's bed.
(b) Under the pews in the Meeting House.
(c) Hannah's house.
(d) William's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some rowdy sailors put in the windows of the house William is building?
2. After service, Dr. Bulkeley and who else are invited to the Woods' for dinner?
3. Who is the monarch of England at the time Kit moves to the colonies?
4. Whom does Judith declare she is going to marry?
5. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)