|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kit arrives at her aunt's house, what disturbing news does she hear about John Holbrook?
(a) He has joined the militia to fight the Indians.
(b) He has started working for the new governor.
(c) He has decided that he too loves Kit.
(d) He has given up school to be a sailor.
2. What response does William's request of Matthew in Chapter 6 elicit from the three girls?
3. Who is the monarch of England at the time Kit moves to the colonies?
(a) King James.
(b) King John.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) King Edward.
4. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
(a) That she is the smartest girl.
(b) That she is too stupid to learn to read.
(c) That she can learn if she tries and works hard.
(d) That she can do anything she puts her mind to.
5. What does Kit consider Mercy to be?
(a) The most somber little girl.
(b) The family jokester.
(c) Everyone's comfort.
(d) A weakened person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author note in Chapter 6 that is a touchy subject in Wethersfield?
2. What state seems to be taking longer accepting a governor appointed by the monarchy?
3. What do some rowdy sailors put in the windows of the house William is building?
4. What holiday does the new governor decide to change the date of?
5. How does Kit feel when the reverend says a prayer for Mercy and her affliction?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)