|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kit confide to Hannah when she brings her Nat's gift?
(a) She tells Hannah that Nat is in trouble.
(b) She tells Hannah that she might want to be a Quaker.
(c) She tells Hannah she is not sure about William's proposal.
(d) She tells Hannah that she is thinking of going to England.
2. Who is named by England as governor of the Colonies?
3. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
(a) They are asked to leave the town.
(b) They are congratulated for their good joke.
(c) They are put in the stocks.
(d) They are chastised and told to pray.
4. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
(a) That she is too stupid to learn to read.
(b) That she can learn if she tries and works hard.
(c) That she is the smartest girl.
(d) That she can do anything she puts her mind to.
5. What does William ask Matthew in Chapter 6?
(a) For a job.
(b) For a place to stay.
(c) For permission to court Kit.
(d) For permission to court Judith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What opinion does Dr. Bulkeley mention that upsets Matthew?
2. What changes in Prudence does the reader see in Chapter 16?
3. Where do Kit and Prudence decide to hide the hornbook?
4. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
5. Where does Prudence meet with Kit to learn to read?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)