|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kit feel when the reverend says a prayer for Mercy and her affliction?
(a) She is annoyed.
(b) She is in agreement.
(c) She is thankful.
(d) She is emotional.
2. When Kit arrives at her aunt's house, what disturbing news does she hear about John Holbrook?
(a) He has started working for the new governor.
(b) He has joined the militia to fight the Indians.
(c) He has given up school to be a sailor.
(d) He has decided that he too loves Kit.
3. Who does Kit note is the staying force of the Wood family?
4. What does the author note in Chapter 6 that is a touchy subject in Wethersfield?
(b) Womens' rights.
5. What do some rowdy sailors put in the windows of the house William is building?
(b) Indian relics.
(c) Quaker religious symbols.
(d) Sinful pictures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What response does William's request of Matthew in Chapter 6 elicit from the three girls?
2. What does Kit confide to Hannah when she brings her Nat's gift?
3. After service, Dr. Bulkeley and who else are invited to the Woods' for dinner?
4. Who is named by England as governor of the Colonies?
5. What opinion does Dr. Bulkeley mention that upsets Matthew?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)