|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What opinion does Dr. Bulkeley mention that upsets Matthew?
(a) His approval of the Royalists.
(b) His compliments about Kit's dress.
(c) His enjoyment of reading for pleasure.
(d) His support of slavery.
2. What does the author note in Chapter 6 that is a touchy subject in Wethersfield?
(a) Womens' rights.
3. How does Kit feel when the reverend says a prayer for Mercy and her affliction?
(a) She is emotional.
(b) She is in agreement.
(c) She is annoyed.
(d) She is thankful.
4. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
(a) That she can do anything she puts her mind to.
(b) That she is the smartest girl.
(c) That she can learn if she tries and works hard.
(d) That she is too stupid to learn to read.
5. Whom does Judith declare she is going to marry?
(a) Mark Holmes.
(c) John Holbrook.
(d) No one ever!
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
2. Who is named by England as governor of the Colonies?
3. Who is the monarch of England at the time Kit moves to the colonies?
4. What do some rowdy sailors put in the windows of the house William is building?
5. What holiday does the new governor decide to change the date of?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)