|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Judith declare she is going to marry?
(a) John Holbrook.
(b) No one ever!
(d) Mark Holmes.
2. After service, Dr. Bulkeley and who else are invited to the Woods' for dinner?
(c) Their impoverished neighbors.
(d) Mr. Holbrook.
3. What does William ask Matthew in Chapter 6?
(a) For permission to court Judith.
(b) For permission to court Kit.
(c) For a place to stay.
(d) For a job.
4. What do some rowdy sailors put in the windows of the house William is building?
(b) Indian relics.
(c) Quaker religious symbols.
(d) Sinful pictures.
5. When Kit arrives at her aunt's house, what disturbing news does she hear about John Holbrook?
(a) He has started working for the new governor.
(b) He has given up school to be a sailor.
(c) He has decided that he too loves Kit.
(d) He has joined the militia to fight the Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kit consider Mercy to be?
2. What holiday does the new governor decide to change the date of?
3. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
4. Where does Prudence meet with Kit to learn to read?
5. In Chapter 11, what does Kit notice as John Holbrook reads aloud to the group in the Woods' house?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)