|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state seems to be taking longer accepting a governor appointed by the monarchy?
2. What holiday does the new governor decide to change the date of?
(d) The winter solstice.
3. What do some rowdy sailors put in the windows of the house William is building?
(a) Sinful pictures.
(b) Indian relics.
(c) Quaker religious symbols.
4. What does the author note in Chapter 6 that is a touchy subject in Wethersfield?
(d) Womens' rights.
5. In Chapter 11, what does Kit notice as John Holbrook reads aloud to the group in the Woods' house?
(a) How handsome he is.
(b) The loving way Mercy is looking at him.
(c) How much she loves him.
(d) The way that he and Judith seem to be meant for each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kit feel when the reverend says a prayer for Mercy and her affliction?
2. Who is the monarch of England at the time Kit moves to the colonies?
3. What response does William's request of Matthew in Chapter 6 elicit from the three girls?
4. It is summer; what little anonymous gift has Kit been receiving?
5. What does William ask Matthew in Chapter 6?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)