|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kit consider Mercy to be?
(a) A weakened person.
(b) Everyone's comfort.
(c) The family jokester.
(d) The most somber little girl.
2. What does William ask Matthew in Chapter 6?
(a) For a place to stay.
(b) For permission to court Kit.
(c) For permission to court Judith.
(d) For a job.
3. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
(a) They are asked to leave the town.
(b) They are congratulated for their good joke.
(c) They are chastised and told to pray.
(d) They are put in the stocks.
4. What response does William's request of Matthew in Chapter 6 elicit from the three girls?
5. In Chapter 11, what does Kit notice as John Holbrook reads aloud to the group in the Woods' house?
(a) The loving way Mercy is looking at him.
(b) The way that he and Judith seem to be meant for each other.
(c) How handsome he is.
(d) How much she loves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Kit and Prudence decide to hide the hornbook?
2. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
3. Whom does Judith declare she is going to marry?
4. What holiday does the new governor decide to change the date of?
5. Who is named by England as governor of the Colonies?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)