|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kit consider Mercy to be?
(a) A weakened person.
(b) The most somber little girl.
(c) The family jokester.
(d) Everyone's comfort.
2. What does William ask Matthew in Chapter 6?
(a) For a place to stay.
(b) For permission to court Judith.
(c) For permission to court Kit.
(d) For a job.
3. What opinion does Dr. Bulkeley mention that upsets Matthew?
(a) His enjoyment of reading for pleasure.
(b) His approval of the Royalists.
(c) His support of slavery.
(d) His compliments about Kit's dress.
4. What holiday does the new governor decide to change the date of?
(d) The winter solstice.
5. Who does Kit note is the staying force of the Wood family?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Prudence and Hannah respond to each other?
2. What does the author note in Chapter 6 that is a touchy subject in Wethersfield?
3. Why does Prudence's mother think of her?
4. It is summer; what little anonymous gift has Kit been receiving?
5. What happens to the young sailors when they are caught in town?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)