1. How old is Kit?
2. Where is Kit traveling from on the Dolphin?
(a) St. Thomas.
3. What is the name of the captain's son?
4. What is the name of the port where Kit first goes ashore on her way to Wethersfield?
5. What is the name of the woman who has taken Kit under her wing on the Dolphin?
(a) Mrs. Washington.
(b) Mrs. Eaton.
(c) Mrs. Smith.
(d) Mrs. Edwards.
6. What group of people does Kit see at the port dressed in somber colors and styles?
7. What item does Prudence accidentally drop in the water?
(a) Her eyeglasses.
(b) Her lunch.
(c) Her parisol.
(d) Her doll.
8. In chapter one, how do people seem to respond to Kit jumping in the water?
(a) They find it admirable.
(b) They are annoyed.
(c) They they are concerned for her safety.
(d) They think it is funny.
This section contains 5,082 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)