|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jason know Vivian's kidneys are functioning properly?
(a) Her kidneys were removed prior to her treatment.
(b) Her intake and output levels are even.
(c) He did an x-ray of her kidneys to check.
(d) He has no way of knowing for sure.
2. How does Susie react when Vivian explains her reaction?
(a) She cries with her.
(b) She offers her some juice.
(c) She gives her a hug.
(d) She giggles.
3. What does Vivian say is the trouble when she breaks down in tears?
(a) She wants to go home.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is scared.
(d) She does not understand why she got cancer.
4. What does Jason come in to Vivian's room to check at the beginning of Scene 11?
(a) Her I&O chart.
(b) Her vitals.
(c) Her breathing.
(d) Her medication.
5. What does Susie offer to get for Vivian to comfort her?
(a) A dish of ice cream.
(b) A Popsicle.
(c) Some juice.
(d) A cup of pudding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vivian say she is supposed to think is a relief?
2. What does Susie want to discuss with Vivian?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the larger aspects Donne addresses in his sonnets?
4. What does Vivian decide about the issue Susie discusses with her?
5. What does Jason check when he and Susie enter Vivian's room to insert a catheter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Donne ever understand his Salvation Anxiety? Why or why not?
2. Why does Vivian's pain management have an effect on the play?
3. What is the joke that makes Vivian laugh when Susie gives her morphine?
4. Explain Vivian's reaction to hearing two students mock her after class.
5. What two options did Vivian have when a student's comment contained an insightful seed? What were the possible consequences of each?
6. Why does Vivian allow Susie to call her “sweetheart?”
7. Why does Vivian tell the audience that “now is the time for kindness?”
8. Why does Susie tell Vivian that she and Jason are inserting a catheter even though she can't hear Susie?
9. Why is Vivian scared?
10. Why is Vivian given a morphine drip instead of patient-controlled analgesic?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)