|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason say the Holy Sonnets are about?
(b) Salvation anxiety.
(c) The necessity of faith.
(d) The search for God.
2. What does Vivian compare herself to when she says she wants to explain but is unable?
(a) A bird.
(b) A toddler.
(c) A Donne sonnet.
(d) A student.
3. How does Vivian react when she is told about what Susie and Jason are doing?
(a) She cries.
(b) She refuses the procedure.
(c) She agrees to the procedure.
(d) She does not react.
4. What does a technician hand Vivian when she imagines she is giving a lecture?
(a) A book.
(b) A sheaf of papers.
(c) A pointer.
(d) Her glasses.
5. What course does Jason think is a colossal waste of time for researchers?
(a) Clinicals that require patient interaction.
(b) End-of-life Ethics.
(c) Bedside manner.
(d) Seventeenth-century poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vivian say is the trouble when she breaks down in tears?
2. What reason does Vivian give for her explanation?
3. What does Vivian decide about the issue Susie discusses with her?
4. What is Vivian's initial morphine dosage?
5. How is Vivian's medication administered?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Vivian unable to explain to the audience what she is going through before she receives morphine?
2. What is Vivian trying to think of when she reminisces about her interactions with students?
3. Why does Vivian think of herself as “just the specimen jar?”
4. Explain Vivian's reaction to hearing two students mock her after class.
5. What is the significance of Vivian surviving eight cycles of chemotherapy at the full dosage?
6. How does Vivian compare a true believer with the speaker of the sonnet?
7. Why does Vivian's pain management have an effect on the play?
8. How do Jason and Susie's views of Vivian compare and contrast?
9. Why is Vivian scared?
10. Why does Vivian recite the sonnet beginning “This is my playes last scene?”
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)