|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of medication does Susie say Vivian will get?
(a) Not so much that she will be unconscious.
2. What level of fluids does Jason tell Vivian to push for each day?
3. What does Vivian say she actually thinks would be a relief?
(a) Being in her classroom.
(c) Being at home.
(d) Being a cheerleader on Spring Break.
4. Who tells Vivian what Susie and Jason are doing?
(c) A Technician.
5. What does Vivian say about her peritoneal cavity?
(a) Only one tumor remains.
(b) There is no trace of cancer.
(c) It has been removed.
(d) It is crawling with cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of the sonnet Vivian recites when she imagines she is teaching?
2. How does Jason know Vivian's kidneys are functioning properly?
3. What does Jason come in to Vivian's room to check at the beginning of Scene 11?
4. What effect does Susie say the medication will have on Vivian?
5. What does Jason have to survive in order to begin his research?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Vivian's reaction to hearing two students mock her after class.
2. Does Donne ever understand his Salvation Anxiety? Why or why not?
3. Why is Vivian so upset at her imaginary lecture being interrupted by Susie?
4. How does Vivian compare a true believer with the speaker of the sonnet?
5. Why does Vivian make her bed alarm go off in the middle of the night?
6. What is Salvation Anxiety?
7. What is the irony in Vivian's desire for personal contact with Jason?
8. What are the three points Vivian emphasizes in Donne's poem during her imaginary lecture?
9. Why does Vivian's pain management have an effect on the play?
10. What is the joke that makes Vivian laugh when Susie gives her morphine?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)