|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is one of the “red herrings” Vivian experiences during chemotherapy?
(c) Liver poison.
2. How long did Vivian study with Ashford?
(a) Three years.
(b) Six years.
(c) One year.
(d) Until she completed her Ph.D.
3. What does Vivian consider her life's work?
4. What is Vivian's first appointment in Scene 4?
(a) Blood work.
(b) Chest x-ray.
(c) GI series.
(d) Physical exam.
5. When does Scene 6 open?
(a) Friday morning.
(b) Saturday evening.
(c) Thursday afternoon.
(d) Monday morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stage is Vivian's cancer in?
2. How many visitors has Vivian had since arriving at the hospital?
3. What was Vivian's principal task during her time with Ashford?
4. How many cycles of treatment will Vivian undergo?
5. Why does Jason go into Vivian's room wearing protective clothing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two examples Vivian gives of being asked the standard greeting?
2. How does Vivian foreshadow, or hint at, her fever prior to Scene 8?
3. Why is Vivian's diagnosis so concerning?
4. What is the standard greeting where Vivian is? What is her standard response?
5. Why does Vivian explain her career while the technicians perform their tests?
6. Why does Jason suddenly stop as he is talking about Vivian during the examination?
7. How does Vivian describe the introduction her colleagues would write?
8. What does Vivian think the process would be if she barfed her brains out?
9. How does Ashford describe Vivian's essay?
10. Give two reasons Vivian looks up medical terms she does not know?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)