|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sonnet is Vivian's paper about that must be done over?
(a) Holy Sonnet Ten.
(b) Lady Lazarus.
(c) Holy Sonnet Five.
(d) Holy Sonnet Six.
2. What is the problem with the translation Vivian used?
(a) The meter.
(b) It was renounced by scholars.
(c) The adjectives are missing.
(d) The punctuation.
3. What is Vivian wearing as the play begins?
(a) A wedding dress.
(b) Graduation robes.
(c) A hospital gown.
(d) Street clothes.
4. What source does Gardner's translation use for the sonnets?
(a) Reading manuscripts.
(b) Westmoreland manuscripts.
(c) London manuscripts.
(d) Essex manuscripts.
5. What is the struggle in the beginning of the sonnet, according to Ashford?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kelekian?
2. What author does Vivian quote at the end of Scene 1?
3. What kind of cancer does Vivian have?
4. What percentage of the chemotherapy dose does Vivian have to take?
5. What word does Kelekian use to refer to Vivian's cancer?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)