|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the man who gives up Henry's name after he is arrested?
2. How do the federal marshals act toward the Hill family?
3. Which man's car was NOT bugged by the police?
4. Who helps Karen pack before entering the witness protection program?
5. How long after the fight in Florida do Henry and his friends have to wait before being interrogated by the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henry find out that Jimmy wants to whack Marty Krugman and how does Henry react to this?
2. How do the police eventually get enough information to arrest Henry?
3. Why does Karen stop visiting Henry in prison once a week?
4. What is Henry hoping to celebrate the day of his arrest and how does he prepare for this celebration?
5. Why is Jimmy hesitant to join the heist at first?
6. What circumstances lead Henry to consider cooperating with the police?
7. What circumstances lead to Jimmy and Henry being sentenced to 10 years in prison after the bar fight?
8. How does Henry spend his time while in the Lewisburg Federal Penitentiary?
9. What does Henry do during the two year stall before his prison sentence?
10. How does Henry feel about being forced to live a normal life after so many years in the mob?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does the author use Henry's perspective to his advantage when describing the Air Cargo Center robbery? Why do you think the author chose to use Henry's point of view to tell this story? What details would have been left out had the author told the story from someone else's perspective?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout most of his marriage, Henry lies to Karen about almost everything in much part because that is what most wiseguys did. What does this tell the reader in regards to how wiseguys valued other people? How does this showcase their self-serving nature?
Essay Topic 3
Henry was often treated with disrespect and hatred at home. How do you feel this influenced his becoming a wiseguy? Do you think that it is one of his biggest motivations or a coincidence? In what ways does this motivate and prepare him for a life in the mob? Are these downfalls to blame for these men entering a life of crime or are they simply a part of the typical wiseguy demographic? Is it possible for a wiseguy to be from a rich and well balanced home?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)