|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of vehicle follows Henry around town as he runs errands?
2. What is the name of Paul Vario's friend who dies in jail?
3. What is Paul Vario's prison sentence?
4. Why do Henry and his friends get into trouble after they beat up a man in Florida?
5. Who said: "We walked into a room and the place stopped. Everyone knew who we were, and we were treated like movie stars with muscle."
Short Essay Questions
1. What circumstances lead to Jimmy and Henry being sentenced to 10 years in prison after the bar fight?
2. Why is Jimmy hesitant to join the heist at first?
3. What does Henry do during the two year stall before his prison sentence?
4. What lengths do Edward A. McDonald and his men go through in order to find suspects for the Lufthansa robbery?
5. What is Henry hoping to celebrate the day of his arrest and how does he prepare for this celebration?
6. What does Judy the drug courier do that likely leads to Henry's arrest at his home?
7. Why is the teenager arrested in Chapter 20, and what does he tell the police that leads to Henry's arrest?
8. How does Henry's daughter react to the present he gives her after getting out of jail?
9. How does Henry feel about being forced to live a normal life after so many years in the mob?
10. How does Henry find out that Jimmy wants to whack Marty Krugman and how does Henry react to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry was often treated with disrespect and hatred at home. How do you feel this influenced his becoming a wiseguy? Do you think that it is one of his biggest motivations or a coincidence? In what ways does this motivate and prepare him for a life in the mob? Are these downfalls to blame for these men entering a life of crime or are they simply a part of the typical wiseguy demographic? Is it possible for a wiseguy to be from a rich and well balanced home?
Essay Topic 2
Henry joins the wiseguys and begins committing crimes at a very young age. Does his character deserve any sympathy from the reader because of his youth? Is Henry more naive to fall into the wiseguy lifestyle because of his young age? If you do think he deserves sympathy as a child, does he also deserve it as he grows up? Could he help his actions as an adult because of these circumstances?
Essay Topic 3
Wiseguys lead a life devoid of rules. In fact, they are encouraged to break rules and are rewarded when they do. In what ways does this lack of honesty harm the wiseguys? Does having this mentality make it impossible for them to truly have an honest outlook in life?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)