|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Jimmy give Henry just before Christmas?
2. What will Henry receive for fully cooperating with the police and testifying on his friends?
3. Where is the job Henry takes after he is released from prison?
4. What is the name of the drug courier who is carrying drugs to Pittsburgh?
5. How many jobs does Karen work while Henry is in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henry feel about being forced to live a normal life after so many years in the mob?
2. What circumstances lead to Jimmy and Henry being sentenced to 10 years in prison after the bar fight?
3. What circumstances lead Henry to consider cooperating with the police?
4. What are some of the struggles that Karen and her children have to deal with while Henry is in prison?
5. Why do the police have a hard time convicting anyone of the crime?
6. Why is the teenager arrested in Chapter 20, and what does he tell the police that leads to Henry's arrest?
7. Why do Henry, Jimmy, and Casey Rosado visit Florida at the beginning of Chapter 12?
8. How does Henry find out that Jimmy wants to whack Marty Krugman and how does Henry react to this?
9. How does Henry's daughter react to the present he gives her after getting out of jail?
10. What does Henry do during the two year stall before his prison sentence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Henry's father's lifestyle to that of the wiseguys. How much harder does Henry Hill, Sr. have to work to reap minimal rewards? What aspects of his father's normal and honest life do you think most compelled Henry to choose the path of becoming a wiseguy?
Essay Topic 2
Henry plays many different roles in the book that include father, husband, friend, and mobster. Discuss these four roles and how his personality differed in each situation. How does he act similarly in these roles and how does he act differently? If he acted significantly different, what does this tell you about his character?
Essay Topic 3
By writing the book in chronological order, the author is able to show the very foundation of Henry's belief system and its ultimate demise. Why do you think the author chose to write the book in this way?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)