|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are part of the original airport heist?
2. How many years does Henry face in jail if convicted of narcotics conspiracy?
3. What is the name of the second restaurant Henry opens before going to prison?
4. How many organized crime members are arrested in Chapter 20?
5. Who helps Karen pack before entering the witness protection program?
Short Essay Questions
1. What circumstances lead Henry to consider cooperating with the police?
2. What circumstances lead to Jimmy and Henry being sentenced to 10 years in prison after the bar fight?
3. How do the police eventually get enough information to arrest Henry?
4. Why does Karen stop visiting Henry in prison once a week?
5. Why is the teenager arrested in Chapter 20, and what does he tell the police that leads to Henry's arrest?
6. Why do Henry, Jimmy, and Casey Rosado visit Florida at the beginning of Chapter 12?
7. How does Henry spend his time while in the Lewisburg Federal Penitentiary?
8. Why is Jimmy hesitant to join the heist at first?
9. What are some of the struggles that Karen and her children have to deal with while Henry is in prison?
10. How does Henry feel about being forced to live a normal life after so many years in the mob?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The wiseguys viewed honest workers as suckers who were too afraid to break the rules and reap the many rewards that came from it. Explain why these men had such a distorted view of reality. What blame do they place on society for their actions?
Essay Topic 2
By showing the ease in which the police come up with Jimmy and his gangs' names after the Lufthansa case, the author shows that the wiseguys weren't completely in charge. How does this foreshadow the sudden demise of Henry's lifestyle? Since his life was so dependent on lies, are you surprised that it took so long for Henry to be taken down?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Henry's view of gambling to that of his life. How are the two similar? What importance does "luck" hold for Henry in regards to both?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)