|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Karen's parents dislike Henry?
2. What scheme does Henry begin while in the Army?
3. What weapon(s) are used in the restaurant massacre?
4. Why does the author decide that Henry's story is worth hearing?
5. What money making scheme is introduced in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the insider Frenchy helped the mobsters steal $480,000 from the Air Cargo Center.
2. Describe how the wiseguys rob trucks.
3. How does Linda view Henry's marriage to Karen?
4. Why does Henry want to become partners with Lenny and what are some of the perks that come along with it?
5. What are some of the ways Paul Vario distances himself from the criminal acts that he and his group commit?
6. Why do Henry's parents disapprove of their son's new job at the cabstand?
7. Why does Paulie worry about Henry and Peter dating Linda and Veralynn, and why does he eventually allow them to date?
8. What has Henry begun doing that causes a lot of friction between Karen and her parents?
9. Why does Henry fall for Karen when before he wasn't interested in having one steady girlfriend?
10. Why does Henry see Paulie as "invulnerable"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Henry's view of gambling to that of his life. How are the two similar? What importance does "luck" hold for Henry in regards to both?
Essay Topic 2
Wiseguys lead a life devoid of rules. In fact, they are encouraged to break rules and are rewarded when they do. In what ways does this lack of honesty harm the wiseguys? Does having this mentality make it impossible for them to truly have an honest outlook in life?
Essay Topic 3
By writing the book in chronological order, the author is able to show the very foundation of Henry's belief system and its ultimate demise. Why do you think the author chose to write the book in this way?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)